SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mojoman5165']Can I get a gaming coupon if I buy Motorstorm Apocalypse on Kmart.com or does it have to be in-store? Sorry, new to this.[/QUOTE]
This one will be in store only. .com will match the circular generally, not the blog. Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pre order deals? Or do you mean will the deals ever be available for pre order, yes, they will. It is definitely in the queue.[/QUOTE]
im wondering if the LA Noire $20 credit will be in store only or online as well

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']im wondering if the LA Noire $20 credit will be in store only or online as well[/QUOTE]
TBD, this one may end up online. The temporary coupon system online sux though just to be totally honest.

I bought Portal 2 for the 360 today at the Astor Place K-Mart. The bottom line is that I got my price of $35 plus used a $15 coupon for the game but I do have an issue regarding weekly ad sales for the NY area.

I went there and took a printed page from the circular so they can pricematch the weekly ad for Portal 2. The sales associate there told me why I didn't print out the whole circular since the date of the weekly circular doesn't show up on the page. I said that it'll just be a waste of ink to print out a lot of pages that is unnecessary to the item I wanted. I also stated that the new releases for DVDs is listed for May 3rd release which shows you that it is a current weekly ad. After that I had to wait 10 minutes or so until a manager overrides the price so I can pay the game for $34.99. During that time, another customer wanted to purchase Portal 2 on sale but the associate wanted a copy of the weekly ad so they can pricematch it. The person didn't have it and their friend suggested Gamestop since it's just $40 there. Finally, my price was overridden and I left the store.

Now I know that any sales from the weekly ad can't be reflected in stores in the NY area and anywhere else that it is applied. However, for the future, it would be wise to have the same "blockbuster" sale that is listed for the weekly ad to have it reflected in the KMartGamer blog side of things so that way you won't lose any customers in the NY area to other competitors and make the transactions go a little bit smoother.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What sux is that it looks like I am only BM retailer they do, not complaining but jeez :)

They have been PMing the blog since Feb every time.[/QUOTE]

It's nothing new. Amazon matches nearly all the B&M deals.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What sux is that it looks like I am only BM retailer they do, not complaining but jeez :)

It's nothing new. Amazon matches all the B&M. I think Walmart is the one they follow the closest as far as pre-order deals go.

if anyone could send me a xbox live gold code that works that would be great idc if its 48 hours or a year a month i just wanna play my games thanks

[quote name='thatoneguy9635']if anyone could send me a xbox live gold code that works that would be great idc if its 48 hours or a year a month i just wanna play my games thanks[/QUOTE]

Enjoy!

2vud8bn.jpg

well this sucks. Went to the 9328 store for Portal 2 and was told some1 cleaned it out in the morning already.

Luckily amazon PM it so I still get the deal.

Wanted to use my coupon though =/

hey guys, can you send me some cash? idc if it's $1 or $100, I just want to buy some games.

(how the hell did this turn into a beg for xbox live code thread?)

[quote name='dino88']It's nothing new. Amazon matches all the B&M. I think Walmart is the one they follow the closest as far as pre-order deals go.[/QUOTE]

Amazon matches walmart on almost everything they do. That's how I got a red wii for $125.

Amazon paying attention to kmart is a compliment.

[quote name='confoosious']I think one way kmart can compete against Amazon matching every one of their good deals is to offer some sort of swag in-store like the MvC fotofile thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah without a doubt Kmart would run the table if they gave some free stuff with a purchase. I really liked the MK t shirt and MVC3 pic. I personally dig when a store gives actual stuff as opposed to DLC.

You should write a tongue in cheek blog somewhat calling them out for stealing all of your deals but nobody elses. Then ask them to the prom because it's obvious that Amazon has a crush on Kmart.

[quote name='confoosious']hey guys, can you send me some cash? idc if it's $1 or $100, I just want to buy some games.

(how the hell did this turn into a beg for xbox live code thread?)

Amazon matches walmart on almost everything they do. That's how I got a red wii for $125.

Amazon paying attention to kmart is a compliment.[/QUOTE]
I believe they only match BM when it is reflected online like on walmart.com, that is for sure. However, the difference with my stuff is that I'll run an instore only offer (ie Killzone 3 SYWR offer) and they will match it straight up.

Not complaining at all, it's just interesting.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']You should write a tongue in cheek blog somewhat calling them out for stealing all of your deals but nobody elses. Then ask them to the prom because it's obvious that Amazon has a crush on Kmart.[/QUOTE]
Lol, not sure I would be allowed to do that but it would be funny.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Lol, not sure I would be allowed to do that but it would be funny.[/QUOTE]

Just use a guest blogger without any affiliation to SHC and the like.

Kmart in Round Lake Beach, IL, still had Portal 2 for PS3 and 360 as of a few minutes ago. It rang up $35 and the guy took the $25 coupon no problem for me.

$10 plus tax. Deal of the year.

I guess brother, just take it as a compliment ........

I would be all over Portal 2 if I wasn't flooded with school work right now and also waiting for L.A. Noire...that is a heck of a deal considering the game came out only a couple weeks ago!!!

I really love the motorstorm games but I think this PSN outage, the delays, time of year, and poor (for the series) review scores are going to really hurt the sales for MS:Apocalypse. That also smells like a game that could hit $40 fast, even though Sony does not really have a track record of doing that like EA and others have been doing.

Decisions, decisions..

[quote name='DeadlyMan']I wonder if Amazon matching Kmat's price for Portal 2 today greatly affected their sales.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it will but when you really look at it, and they would say the same thing, no deal is in isolation. When I look at the sales report tomorrow I know I'll see a ton of coupon redemptions from customers getting it almost for free based on prior sales. What it hurts is on the customer acquisition side, I won't be grabbing as many new people in this week as I would have wanted.

[quote name='jer7583']I really love the motorstorm games but I think this PSN outage, the delays, time of year, and poor (for the series) review scores are going to really hurt the sales for MS:Apocalypse. That also smells like a game that could hit $40 fast, even though Sony does not really have a track record of doing that like EA and others have been doing.

Decisions, decisions..[/QUOTE]
I completely agree with you, but with Sony they usually hold to a 90 day MAP period. Time will tell though.

I tried using my sywr points towards my purchase of portal 2 and the cashier was giving me such a tough time.

He was telling that I need my card for sywr. I told him that I signed up for sywr when it was cardless, but I am positive I can use my phone number or email. He was giving some BS that I can't.

I just left the store out of frustration without portal 2. I'll go back on tuesday when someone else is their. :(

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I completely agree with you, but with Sony they usually hold to a 90 day MAP period. Time will tell though.[/QUOTE]

Pacific Rift also stayed at $60 MSRP for a stupid long amount of time. I still don't think it's officially greatest hits yet..

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I tried using my sywr points towards my purchase of portal 2 and the cashier was giving me such a tough time.

He was telling that I need my card for sywr. I told him that I signed up for sywr when it was cardless, but I am positive I can use my phone number or email. He was giving some BS that I can't.

I just left the store out of frustration without portal 2. I'll go back on tuesday when someone else is their. :([/QUOTE]
That sux! Let me know if you need any help.

Josh another question, I know probably too late to get it approved but with LA Noire any chance for a point card deal, like 10 dollars off or anything? was wondering since thye will be getting the DLC on xbox live this way could help those that arent buying from gamestop or anything.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Josh another question, I know probably too late to get it approved but with LA Noire any chance for a point card deal, like 10 dollars off or anything? was wondering since thye will be getting the DLC on xbox live this way could help those that arent buying from gamestop or anything.[/QUOTE]
Prob not on this one, I am really pushing to get some of these crap games out of the store. I am going to do another drop this month and probably another one this summer prep for holiday. I'd like to see how this type of offer would work for the holiday. If it doesn't end up happening though I'll try and shift gears to points.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Josh another question, I know probably too late to get it approved but with LA Noire any chance for a point card deal, like 10 dollars off or anything? was wondering since thye will be getting the DLC on xbox live this way could help those that arent buying from gamestop or anything.[/QUOTE]

There's already a $20 credit going with LA Noire, can't you just use that lol?

I mean $20 coupon + $20 game + $10 points card is overkill

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Prob not on this one, I am really pushing to get some of these crap games out of the store. I am going to do another drop this month and probably another one this summer prep for holiday. I'd like to see how this type of offer would work for the holiday. If it doesn't end up happening though I'll try and shift gears to points.[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh, if you the La Noire B1G1 goes through, would you consider trying to get a similar deal for Brink also?

Picked up Portal 2 this morning for the PS3.

Looked like a lot of people came early to pick up their copy because their was only one left in the case when I got there.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Prob not on this one, I am really pushing to get some of these crap games out of the store. I am going to do another drop this month and probably another one this summer prep for holiday. I'd like to see how this type of offer would work for the holiday. If it doesn't end up happening though I'll try and shift gears to points.[/QUOTE]I probably don't need to ask, Josh, but will you be timing the drop this month to coincide with the L.A. Noire deal (assuming the free $19.99 game part goes through)?

Hit two stores (Naperville, IL and Montgomery, IL) and both were cleaned of Portal 2 for both systems.
Did get a raincheck tho. We'll see how soon they restock.

Sorry if this has been asked, but has Witcher 2 been confirmed to be coming out on the 17th for consoles? I was under the impression that was the PC release date and the console versions where coming later.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Prob not on this one, I am really pushing to get some of these crap games out of the store. I am going to do another drop this month and probably another one this summer prep for holiday. I'd like to see how this type of offer would work for the holiday. If it doesn't end up happening though I'll try and shift gears to points.[/QUOTE]

Josh,

From my observations, Kmart needs swift and significant price cuts on the Special Edition and/or bundled games. I noticed today, these are not selling and they are taking up so much room in the electronics department / area (room that could be used to display newly released games or for promotions). I know big box stores like Best Buy gets paid by companies for display space such as on the endcaps, etc. I saw so many Epic Mickey, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, DJ Hero, Band Hero, Guitar Hero, Rap Star, Singstar, etc. priced like they came out yesterday. I'm sure the lack of preorders kills your Special Edition sales since they seem to just sit on the shelves if not sold at the time of release. What do you think?

[quote name='Midnight Express']Josh,

From my observations, Kmart needs swift and significant price cuts on the Special Edition and/or bundled games. I noticed today, these are not selling and they are taking up so much room in the electronics department / area (room that could be used to display newly released games or for promotions). I know big box stores like Best Buy gets paid by companies for display space such as on the endcaps, etc. I saw so many Epic Mickey, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, DJ Hero, Band Hero, Guitar Hero, Rap Star, Singstar, etc. priced like they came out yesterday. I'm sure the lack of preorders kills your Special Edition sales since they seem to just sit on the shelves if not sold at the time of release. What do you think?[/QUOTE]
Agreed! It really comes down to the budget, I would take everything down to the sweet spot if I could. Very good feedback though, I'll look into it.

Don't forget Fable III CE and the Halo Reach Legendary. There's still some of those taking up massive space at the local Kmarts here.

[quote name='Ibramgaunt249']Sorry if this has been asked, but has Witcher 2 been confirmed to be coming out on the 17th for consoles? I was under the impression that was the PC release date and the console versions where coming later.[/QUOTE]
No, my fault on the tags. It's just PC.

You know what you should do? Offer a discounted price on it w/ purchase of another game.

For instance, pick up any Ubisoft game $39.99 or higher, get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE for $29.99 or $39.99.

[quote name='Scorch']You know what you should do? Offer a discounted price on it w/ purchase of another game.

For instance, pick up any Ubisoft game $39.99 or higher, get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE for $29.99 or $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd be all over that.

Fable 3 CE still hanging out at my target which will never sell at MSRP.

My closest Kmart has one of the Black Ops SE's with the RC car in it for PS3. It's buried in the case though, so chances are it'll never sell. They also have 3-4 of the AC: B CE's and a bunch of other CE/SE/LE's. The one Kmart down the line from me has a Fable 3 CE sitting in the case on a high shelf.

So while Kmart does get these CE's, the chances of them selling to the regular gaming populace is slim to nil unless they're advertised or put on sale out the wazoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back