SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost forgot, but it would appear that the local Kmart finally took the initiative and tossed the Fallout New Vegas coaster sets that were languishing on the shelves at $5 since the game released in October.

I didn't see them anywhere on the shelves in the gaming section when I went to Kmart last night.

[quote name='jer7583']I really love the motorstorm games but I think this PSN outage, the delays, time of year, and poor (for the series) review scores are going to really hurt the sales for MS:Apocalypse. That also smells like a game that could hit $40 fast, even though Sony does not really have a track record of doing that like EA and others have been doing.

Decisions, decisions..[/QUOTE]

I hope it does hit 40... because I'm not buying it for 60

For LA Noire, if I purchase it at KMART can I return it? Since it gives a $20 coupon it's a great deal but I'm not yet sure which store will have the best deal so I may end up returning it.. would they give me $60 back or $40?

Also, the coupon I'm guessing wouldn't work anymore if I returned it, right? So it's not like I'm committing fraud, correct?

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I tried using my sywr points towards my purchase of portal 2 and the cashier was giving me such a tough time.

He was telling that I need my card for sywr. I told him that I signed up for sywr when it was cardless, but I am positive I can use my phone number or email. He was giving some BS that I can't.

I just left the store out of frustration without portal 2. I'll go back on tuesday when someone else is their. :([/QUOTE]

Even if you look it up, you have to know your PIN. Most people don't know it. In the year and a half those cards have been in existence, there has been like 6 changes to them. They frustrate the employees just as much as the customers who don't fully understand them or get hassled into getting one.

But once everything finally gets set, definitely a nice thing to have.

[quote name='The_ZZ']For LA Noire, if I purchase it at KMART can I return it? Since it gives a $20 coupon it's a great deal but I'm not yet sure which store will have the best deal so I may end up returning it.. would they give me $60 back or $40?

Also, the coupon I'm guessing wouldn't work anymore if I returned it, right? So it's not like I'm committing fraud, correct?[/QUOTE]

Technically, you should surrender the coupon to them as part of the return, whether they ask you to do this or not. The coupon will not prevent you from returning it, in any case.

I bought Portal 2 for 360 in the morning without any major issues. I had to wait for about 5 minutes for the lady to get the game from the back but I didn't mind because I ended up paying $20.xx out the door.

One thing I did notice was that the game didn't have a y-seal. The way it was shrinkwrapped reminded me of an old bargain-bin dvd. I opened the game and the disc seemed fine. I'll save the game to my HD in a few to make sure everything is ok. Did anyone else not have a y-seal on their copy of P2?

Thanks! For $35 I couldn't pass up Portal 2; a :ps3: copy for me, and a :pc: copy for my friend or brother, whoever didn't buy it yet. Really excited if PS3 and PC can play co-op together once PSN is back up.

Picked up the last 360 copy of P2 today. My local K was on the ball again, portal marked for sale as well as all the COD games. I was browsing some more and they had a PC version of Borderlands marked clearance with all the $20 xbox games, it was priced 14.99, which seemed really out of place. Also was looking at the Wii stuff for some reason, saw a metroid trilogy. i dont own a wii, but thats an easy flip right?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Prob not on this one, I am really pushing to get some of these crap games out of the store. I am going to do another drop this month and probably another one this summer prep for holiday. I'd like to see how this type of offer would work for the holiday. If it doesn't end up happening though I'll try and shift gears to points.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sooooooooooo much for putting the best stuff out there for us. LOL, JK brother.

Can we expect the non-roto stores to have these price drops as well?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Just use a guest blogger without any affiliation to SHC and the like.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Kinda like how the Amazon workers (in disguise) do on here. Beg Josh to 'REVEAL' the price ahead of time, so they can be ready to match it at midnight on the day the deal goes live at K-Mart. My recommendation would be to.... leave the big deals 'quiet' until the day of sale. Just hint that there will be one and not 'reveal' what it is. :applause:

1. Can you combine these coupons?
2. And do they have expiration dates?
3. Also, if I buy two games that both have a gaming coupon, will BOTH coupons print out on the same transaction?

I'm worried if I actually start shopping at Kmart and end up getting a $60 game for $20 I'll get dirty looks like I'm doing something wrong... :[

[quote name='Scorch']You know what you should do? Offer a discounted price on it w/ purchase of another game.

For instance, pick up any Ubisoft game $39.99 or higher, get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE for $29.99 or $39.99.[/QUOTE]
Do this deal for the new Assassin's Creed coming out this year, and I'd be all over that.

[quote name='The_ZZ']1. Can you combine these coupons?
2. And do they have expiration dates?
3. Also, if I buy two games that both have a gaming coupon, will BOTH coupons print out on the same transaction?

I'm worried if I actually start shopping at Kmart and end up getting a $60 game for $20 I'll get dirty looks like I'm doing something wrong... :[[/QUOTE]

1. Yes as long as they don't have the same barcode
2. Yes. I believe 45 days after purchase.
3. Yes they will all print out as long as its not the same game with a restriction.

Josh, you have won my buisiness for my video game addiction. I do try to spread the love with my friends as well. I just wish you could put a swift kick in the bum with the Kmarts in Hawaii. They seem to be lacking the updates and pricing that is posted on here at times. Honestly I am getting slightly frusterated with always having to deal with the store manager every week or so. It has come to the point where we are on first name basis. On the flip side, it seems that not to many people know about this site here which means there is always plenty of titles for me to grab. Also, they dont always get new releases on time either. A few weeks back they only had Portal 2 not MK on Tuesday. I really hope you can straighten them out, especially with L.A. Noire around the corner, I am worried that they won't have that on launch day...again. Thanks!

I wasn't too sold on picking up LA Noire on release date, but the talk of a $20 coupon plus a potential freebie cheapie is making me reconsider. Goddammit Josh. I'm poor enough and you're killing me with deals!

I thought gaming coupons from a returned order would become deactivated? I had to do a return/rebuy because I didnt get my $25 bonus reward points the other week. I bought 2 copies of portal 2 and had used the old coupons instead of the newer ones from the rebuy and it worked.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I thought gaming coupons from a returned order would become deactivated? I had to do a return/rebuy because I didnt get my $25 bonus reward points the other week. I bought 2 copies of portal 2 and had used the old coupons instead of the newer ones from the rebuy and it worked.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! You're one of the people who will ultimately help in scamming the system enough that the savings will go away totally! Thanks for sharing!!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I completely agree with you, but with Sony they usually hold to a 90 day MAP period. Time will tell though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jer7583']Pacific Rift also stayed at $60 MSRP for a stupid long amount of time. I still don't think it's officially greatest hits yet..[/QUOTE]

PR is now a GH @ $30, but it did take forever. I was in the same boat wondering whether to pull the trigger on Apocalypse. Josh's email convinced me to move on the Kmart deal, because I don't see Sony dropping the price fast even if sales tank due to the middling reviews.

Best case is the price is discounted to $40 by someone, which is not that big of a deal to me versus Kmart's effective price of $45 on Day 1. Plus, as someone that loves this series, I'm willing to support the new entry on Day 1.

I still play Pacific Rift. I've probably run the Sugar Rush course 1000 times, my all-time favorite course in any racing game.

[quote name='IronClaw']Congratulations! You're one of the people who will ultimately help in scamming the system enough that the savings will go away totally! Thanks for sharing!![/QUOTE]

I got rid of the new coupons dumbass. I couldnt tell the difference between which was the old one and which was the new one.

and how exactly am i "scamming" the system when Ive only used one set of $60 coupons. I guess we are all "scamming" the system huh

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I got rid of the new coupons dumbass. I couldnt tell the difference between which was the old one and which was the new one.[/QUOTE]

I call bullshit! You could tell the new ones from the old ones because you DIDN'T have the new ones yet!! You KNEW you returned the games, you KNEW the coupons shouldn't have worked but you tried them anyways. And now you want to make everyone think your a good guy by "destroying" the new coupons. Nice try.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I got rid of the new coupons dumbass. I couldnt tell the difference between which was the old one and which was the new one.[/QUOTE]
Ummm...then how do you know you used the old coupons and not the new ones? Lawyered!!!!

[quote name='IronClaw']I call bullshit! You could tell the new ones from the old ones because you DIDN'T have the new ones yet!! You KNEW you returned the games, you KNEW the coupons shouldn't have worked but you tried them anyways. And now you want to make everyone think your a good guy by "destroying" the new coupons. Nice try.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean I didnt have the new ones yet? I didnt get my bonus points during the bonus weekend (2 weeks ago?), the CS told me to return and rebuy (she had to fix my email in the system). I gave her the coupons back she then stapled my old coupons, the new coupons, my return receipt and my new receipt together. Bought portal over the weekend with the coupon and noticed it was the old coupon I had given her.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Ummm...then how do you know you used the old coupons and not the new ones? Lawyered!!!![/QUOTE]

Apparently kmart emails (READ: timestamped) you a digital copy of the coupon when you use your SYWR card

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']Apparently kmart emails (READ: timestamped) you a digital copy of the coupon when you use your SYWR card[/QUOTE]

But you said you didn't know which of the coupons was the old one?

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I thought gaming coupons from a returned order would become deactivated? I had to do a return/rebuy because I didnt get my $25 bonus reward points the other week. I bought 2 copies of portal 2 and had used the old coupons instead of the newer ones from the rebuy and it worked.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for scamming and potentially destroying future deals for all of us........and please stop w/ frivolous explanations for your sake and our stomach's.

[quote name='confoosious']But you said you didn't know which of the coupons was the old one?[/QUOTE]

checked my email after and noticed. Im not sure why Im still explaining myself. I got rid of the new coupons in good conscience and am just bringing it to joshs attention that if in fact there suppose to deactivate themselves then something is wrong because thats not what happened.

my friend does not have a ps3. if he buys the ps3 version and keep the pc code, does it work for him? or does he need to link the ps3 and pc together in order to work?

People are certainly jumping to conclusions.

---

I honestly never thought the coupons would be deactivated upon return. Was just hoping people wouldn't take advantage.

Could someone please mail me a Kmart ad so I can price-match at Target.

The Kmart store near me is within a 50 mile radius of the Target store (30 to be exact) so I can price-match.

Please private message me if you can, thanks. I will pay for shipping of the ad via paypal.

[quote name='confoosious']People are certainly jumping to conclusions.

---

I honestly never thought the coupons would be deactivated upon return. Was just hoping people wouldn't take advantage.[/QUOTE]

I thought I remembered reading that one day and thought I should bring it up

[quote name='trunks982']my friend does not have a ps3. if he buys the ps3 version and keep the pc code, does it work for him? or does he need to link the ps3 and pc together in order to work?[/QUOTE]
You'll need a PS3 to activate the PC version. You can activate the copy for your friend using his PS3 copy on your PS3 (sounds complicated but it's really simple, PSN is still down though).

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I thought I remembered reading that one day and thought I should bring it up[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally buy this guy's story and shame on those that assume everyone is corrupt. Just because you would do it doesn't mean everyone would. I had a vaguely similar situation last year that caused me to inadvertently discover that what should happen doesn't happen and just hoped it never got exploited or they would fix it which they apparently haven't even with the "new" coupons.

Do we know if Kmart is going to get Witcher 2 for PC yet? I ask because I know they haven't been carrying PC games for the last few months now.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah I totally buy this guy's story and shame on those that assume everyone is corrupt. Just because you would do it doesn't mean everyone would. I had a vaguely similar situation last year that caused me to inadvertently discover that what should happen doesn't happen and just hoped it never got exploited or they would fix it which they apparently haven't even with the "new" coupons.[/QUOTE]
The difference with the new coupons is that they cannot be copied, they are single use.

The return issue will be dealt through SYWR tracking. If a customer is proven to be abusing returns with the coupons, they will be banned from the program.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The difference with the new coupons is that they cannot be copied, they are single use.

The return issue will be dealt through SYWR tracking. If a customer is proven to be abusing returns with the coupons, they will be banned from the program.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I figured something would have had to have been done prior to rolling out the coupons again and I guess as long as the guy doesn't use the new coupons he got then he wouldn't be flagged for abuse.

Sigh.... getting tired of my K-Mart and their stock issues. No Portal 2 on either system. Said fuck it and ordered from Amazon. I've tried to be patient but it is wearing thin/almost gone. I may just say fuck it on all these deals and just go with amazon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The difference with the new coupons is that they cannot be copied, they are single use.

The return issue will be dealt through SYWR tracking. If a customer is proven to be abusing returns with the coupons, they will be banned from the program.[/QUOTE]

So is it ok that i used the coupons from my original return rather than the new ones from the rebuy?

[quote name='Jason28']Do we know if Kmart is going to get Witcher 2 for PC yet? I ask because I know they haven't been carrying PC games for the last few months now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we will be carrying it.

Hey Josh, it was just revealed that preordering Catherine gets you a soundtrack disc and an artbook and I'm just wondering with the deal Catherine will be getting, will we be getting that bonus too? If not getting the soundtrack and artbook might be worth losing the Kmart deal.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Hey Josh, it was just revealed that preordering Catherine gets you a soundtrack disc and an artbook and I'm just wondering with the deal Catherine will be getting, will we be getting that bonus too? If not getting the soundtrack and artbook might be worth losing the Kmart deal.[/QUOTE]

No Catherine for Kmart... Josh confirmed they would not be carrying it a couple days back

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back