SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the 360 and PS3 version of Portal 2 were sold out at my KMart, which surprises me a little since I'm pretty sure all the people who shop at my store are over the age of 60 (at least today they were).

[quote name='confoosious']Sorry to be that guy but I bought Portal 2 PS3 for my brother in law today at kmart. Can I sell the voucher? It's not tied to anything is it?[/QUOTE]
From my understanding, It can only be activated if you have a copy of the PS3 game and a PSN ID to tie to the steam account.

So the person buying the voucher would need to have access to a disc and a PS3 for the set-up, but after that they wouldn't need anything.

[quote name='nbballard']From my understanding, It can only be activated if you have a copy of the PS3 game and a PSN ID to tie to the steam account.

So the person buying the voucher would need to have access to a disc and a PS3 for the set-up, but after that they wouldn't need anything.[/QUOTE]

thanks. that sucks. maybe i'll just install it on my mac.

Thanks for the response though. It saved me from having a dumb auction like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Portal-2-Steam-...9498?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cb799106a

[quote name='RudyPants']Both the 360 and PS3 version of Portal 2 were sold out at my KMart, which surprises me a little since I'm pretty sure all the people who shop at my store are over the age of 60 (at least today they were).[/QUOTE]
This deal has gone nuts, once G4 and Joystiq picked it up, our sales went way beyond forecast. Definitely a good thing but things could get spotty out there. We have emergency shipments going in that are landing tomorrow, Wed. And Fri. to help though.

[quote name='Killbomb']Josh: Is Motorstorm confirmed to be in all stores?[/QUOTE]

No... it's too "niche". This is why all KMARTs are going downhill

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']This deal has gone nuts, once G4 and Joystiq picked it up, our sales went way beyond forecast. Definitely a good thing but things could get spotty out there. We have emergency shipments going in that are landing tomorrow, Wed. And Fri. to help though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reassurance of possibly restocking Josh, keep up the good work! Apparently everyone's pretty happy about the deal :applause:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The difference with the new coupons is that they cannot be copied, they are single use.

The return issue will be dealt through SYWR tracking. If a customer is proven to be abusing returns with the coupons, they will be banned from the program.[/QUOTE]

I think one way to combat the return / coupon issue is to deduct the value of the coupon from each item purchased similar to other retailers when they offer gift cards. For example: if someone bought three games at $39.99 each and used a $15 coupon then each game could only be returned for $34.99. Another example: if someone bought a game for $59.99 and got a $20 coupon, then the return value would be $39.99, unless you forfieted the coupon, or something like that. You could still allow the game to be exchanged for another one of the same original price within the return period. Just a thought...

[quote name='Midnight Express']I think one way to combat the return / coupon issue is to deduct the value of the coupon from each item purchased similar to other retailers when they offer gift cards. For example: if someone bought three games at $39.99 each and used a $15 coupon then each game could only be returned for $34.99. Another example: if someone bought a game for $59.99 and got a $20 coupon, then the return value would be $39.99, unless you forfieted the coupon, or something like that. You could still allow the game to be exchanged for another one of the same original price within the return period. Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

You can also then use the coupon + the $39.99 you get back to buy a $59.99 game, which would make exchanges even as well. Only potential abuse is in extending expiration of coupons, which I personally think is a little short at times, depending on when the next big release is. You'd have to use something better than receipt paper though, like Toys R Us uses gift cards.

Thanks Josh for the amazing deal on Portal 2. Unfortunetly, I fell into one of the ones where my store was sold out by this afternoon when I came in. He told me he sold the last one early last night. I ended up price matching elsewhere since the next closest Kmart is easily 40 minutes out from the location I went to and he told me he probably wouldn't get again until at least Wed's truck.

Josh,

I was at theh KMART by Oakbrook Il (63rd street). Anyway they had no idea what a "blog" was and said the motorstorm price tomorrow was $60 no discount/coupon.

Just a heads up. I was not going to debate them :)

[quote name='sjchmura']Josh,

I was at theh KMART by Oakbrook Il (63rd street). Anyway they had no idea what a "blog" was and said the motorstorm price tomorrow was $60 no discount/coupon.

Just a heads up. I was not going to debate them :)[/QUOTE]

I HOPE the Motorstorm deal is up, I'm counting on it . . . have a $15 coupon from one of the previous deals to use on it too.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']This deal has gone nuts, once G4 and Joystiq picked it up, our sales went way beyond forecast. Definitely a good thing but things could get spotty out there. We have emergency shipments going in that are landing tomorrow, Wed. And Fri. to help though.[/QUOTE]

This is why I picked it up on Friday for $60 and price matched it down to the sale on Sunday.

All right guys, I finally got a Kmart ad and was able to price match at Target and use my gift card, the problem is I used one of those "Coupons" that I am only now seeing are fake.

I was given the "coupon" by a man who told me had already bought several copies of Portal 2 on PC, 360, and PS3.

If that coupon is a fake it must have been a really good fake because I had no issues using it at Target. Will I be in trouble for using that "coupon"?

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']All right guys, I finally got a Kmart ad and was able to price match at Target and use my gift card, the problem is I used one of those "Coupons" that I am only now seeing are fake.

I was given the "coupon" by a man who told me had already bought several copies of Portal 2 on PC, 360, and PS3.

If that coupon is a fake it must have been a really good fake because I had no issues using it at Target. Will I be in trouble for using that "coupon"?[/QUOTE]

What coupon are you referring to?

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']Nice try PatelKing, but I'm not getting kicked off.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to do that...just wondering was it a target coupon or some copy? Its all good. Either way, I don't think target will come chasing after you for one coupon.

[quote name='PatelKing']Not trying to do that...just wondering was it a target coupon or some copy? Its all good. Either way, I don't think target will come chasing after you for one coupon.[/QUOTE]

The Coupon just states that it takes $25 dollars off Portal 2 for any console, It does look pretty real but upon closer inspection it says that it expires 6-31-2011 (what kind of coupon lasts that long?) and I have read that something is off with the barcode as well.

Everyone from this weekend and today should be responded to tomorrow afternoon.

The blog for Motorstorm will be up tomorrow mid morning. The $15 coupon was processed this morning so it should work. If there are any troubles let me know. My only worry is since Sony announced the street date after any ad could be printed is that awareness will be low.

We will pull Portal 2 in stock tomorrow and comment on new shipment timing.

There was a fake coupon linked in this thread this afternoon. Posts containing it have been deleted by mods. It was made to look and function like a manufacturer's coupon, but it is a fabrication and illegal and will result in a lot of lost (stolen) revenue.

It is doubtful that you will personally face any repercussions for having used it unknowingly, but know that there will be consequences and innocent people/businesses are going to end up having to absorb the losses.

Such things are completely against the ideals of CAG.

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']The Coupon just states that it takes $25 dollars off Portal 2 for any console, It does look pretty real but upon closer inspection it says that it expires 6-31-2011 (what kind of coupon lasts that long?) and I have read that something is off with the barcode as well.[/QUOTE]

the problem with that date isn't that it's far away. :D

hmm... not sure if i can justify gettin motorstorm... i'm not a huge racer, but lemme know guys, wats different about motorstorm from other racers? if any? also, does the ps3 pc voucher for portal 2 expire? like say i didnt use it for like 3 months (or more, depending on how long it takes me to get through my backlog) will i not be able to use it? thanks.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']also, does the ps3 pc voucher for portal 2 expire? like say i didnt use it for like 3 months (or more, depending on how long it takes me to get through my backlog) will i not be able to use it? thanks.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my (used) voucher and see no indication of an expiration date. I would assume that there wouldn't be one, knowing the nature of Steam activation codes. The Steam account has to be flagged to accept it first, however, by connecting it to PSN via PSN.

[quote name='confoosious']the problem with that date isn't that it's far away. :D[/QUOTE]

I understand, that date doesn't exist (I just checked the calendar) but what store employee is going to know that off hand.

I recently did a poll and most people believe Mother's Day is on Monday May 9th.

I was browsing around youtube and there are videos showing how to get Portal 2 now with that fake coupon and the employee I saw in the vid didn't see anything wrong at all. I guess it's like DPsycho said, innocent people and businesses are going to be taking a loss on this one but best case scenario all B&M's get a memo telling them to stop accepting the illegal coupons.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']hmm... not sure if i can justify gettin motorstorm... i'm not a huge racer, but lemme know guys, wats different about motorstorm from other racers? if any? also, does the ps3 pc voucher for portal 2 expire? like say i didnt use it for like 3 months (or more, depending on how long it takes me to get through my backlog) will i not be able to use it? thanks.[/QUOTE]

It looks like just a regular steam redemption code that was in other games like Left 4 Dead 2. Those don't expire so this shouldn't either. It just is going to check that you have a PSN account linked to your steam account.

ok, thanks guys, i just wanted to make sure - btw, is there a way to get the wekly ad besides the site? it wont lwet me choose the store nearest to me (or any store at all)

wow at that guy on youtube.

Hopefully EA gets a memo out to retailers that this thing is fake and that they will not reimburse for discounts given based on the coupon. That should convince them to educate their employees.

Josh, can we get the details on the Pirates and MX vs ATV deals for next week? We are only a week now and it would be nice to know the deals. THANKS!

With news of some 1st party Wii titles dropping to $19.99 as part of the Wii Select brand...I'm hoping even harder for the La Noire free game deal to be accepted. Love to get Twilight Princess or Brawl.

I also am really hoping the free game deal goes through also. I doubt this will happen but I hope that if the deal does go through, that they have the employee's put all the 20 dollar or less games in a bin or certain spot and to make sure they are maked correctly

Used my coupon yesterday and had a positive experience at my Kmart. Thanks for the deals.

Nintendo dropping prices on games?! Wii titles for less than $20, possible first party titles, count me in. :)

[quote name='rawrker']With news of some 1st party Wii titles dropping to $19.99 as part of the Wii Select brand...I'm hoping even harder for the La Noire free game deal to be accepted. Love to get Twilight Princess or Brawl.[/QUOTE]
That's a good idea if the deal happens and they've dropped in time. Wouldn't mind getting Twilight Princess.

Edit: And I'll third the question on the Lego Pirates deal. Hopefully there is one, but what if so what is it? I dont know why I always look forward to the Lego games and never get them but I'm actually interested in the Pirates series unlike Star Wars or Harry Potter so unless it's somehow worse than the ones before it I'll probably be picking it up. If Brink gets good reviews it's going to end up being a busy month with LA Noire coming up in a couple weeks.

No portal 2 at my store for either console. I asked them to call another nearby store, and after a few attempts to say the name of the game over the phone, he just says "nevermind"; looks at me and says "they don't have it either". Needless to say, I used up whatever I had remaining on my rewards card on a controller charging station. I've struck out too many times to rely on these deals and with the price of gas, amazon looks to be an ideal place to shop these days.

My store only had one copy of motorstorm. Coupon didnt print for me either. Guy was really nice and knew about the coupon. My store is getting better with knowing about the deals and this one is probably due to a register or system issue so no big deal. Just thought id share.

Portal 2 Update - First off I apologize to anyone whose store was out of stock for this...we were caught off guard with all the buzz on multiple deal sites which didn't come out until Thursday not allowing us to react in time, considering we sold more on Sunday than we did in the first 5 days of Portal 2's release. Right now I have a sizeable shipment arriving in stores today and another coming in by the end of the week. I understand if you choose to PM somewhere else but we do have this online at Kmart.com for the sale price and I'm pretty sure shipping is only $0.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back