SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
My local store in Valencia, CA also had only one copy of Motorstorm, and the cash register did not print the coupon. FYI, I used my SYWR card, $45.00 gaming coupon, and SYWR points.

Motorstorm still not up on the blog. I was going to go tonight (downtown Chicago). Should I wait? I can't wait to play this in 3D :)

[quote name='kangchousa']My local store in Valencia, CA also had only one copy of Motorstorm, and the cash register did not print the coupon. FYI, I used my SYWR card, $45.00 gaming coupon, and SYWR points.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the discount hasn't gotten through to the registers yet (I think Josh said sometimes the registers need to be rebooted to get the changes). I'll wait till later in the week to try for Motorstorm . . . also what is up with only one copy showing up in many stores as noted by others here? Seems like a pretty small stock for a new release like this.

[quote name='sjchmura']Motorstorm still not up on the blog. I was going to go tonight (downtown Chicago). Should I wait? I can't wait to play this in 3D :)[/QUOTE]

You're getting it? Lucky.. :cry:

[quote name='chimpmeister']Sounds like the discount hasn't gotten through to the registers yet (I think Josh said sometimes the registers need to be rebooted to get the changes). I'll wait till later in the week to try for Motorstorm . . . also what is up with only one copy showing up in many stores as noted by others here? Seems like a pretty small stock for a new release like this.[/QUOTE]

There is more stock coming in today, we had some issues with when this title moved.

Those who didn't get their motorstorm coupons just email josh with the info requested in the first post and he'll take care of you like he has done in the past.

[quote name='sjchmura']Motorstorm still not up on the blog. I was going to go tonight (downtown Chicago). Should I wait? I can't wait to play this in 3D :)[/QUOTE]
I'm putting it up now; about twenty minutes.

Had my first disappointing trip to my regular kmart in a long time. I was trying to get Motorstorm, but the guy couldn't find it anywhere. He said he knew it came in late last week, but there were only 2 of them (which he thought was unusually few) and now he didn't see them where they should be in the back room. Now I'm going to have to make another trip later in the week. Bleh.

[quote name='kangchousa']My local store in Valencia, CA also had only one copy of Motorstorm, and the cash register did not print the coupon. FYI, I used my SYWR card, $45.00 gaming coupon, and SYWR points.[/QUOTE]

!! Valencia born and raised!!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm putting it up now; about twenty minutes.[/QUOTE]
It's up now for stores to reference. I also reached out to IT and the coupon was processed and tested.

Stores that don't have it working just need to reboot.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's up now for stores to reference. I also reached out to IT and the coupon was processed and tested.

Stores that don't have it working just need to reboot.[/QUOTE]

I snagged a copy of Motorstorm today around Noon EST. Gave them my Kmart Rewards card, $15 coupon printed fine, not sure if the Rewards card makes a differnce on these things.

My store only received 2 copies of the game though.

[quote name='Incubus']My Kmart In York, PA didn't get a shipment in for Motorstorm. :/[/QUOTE]

lol really? stores are still telling people stuff didn't come in? Or were there actually stores that didn't get it in yet?

[quote name='jer7583']lol really? stores are still telling people stuff didn't come in? Or were there actually stores that didn't get it in yet?[/QUOTE]

There actually were a small group of stores that did not get it last week (like 1 in 8 stores) but everyone will have gotten their shipments by end of today.

[quote name='jer7583']lol really? stores are still telling people stuff didn't come in? Or were there actually stores that didn't get it in yet?[/QUOTE]
I don't know, it's the only store really near me. I might try one 25 minutes out of the way just for the hell of it. But, it was some older lady, and she was sweet, but I am having doubts about her actually searching for it. She said it wasn't in the local ad, so she assumed they weren't getting it in anyway. :lol:

My store hadn't put Motorstorm out yet (1:30 pm EST). Someone was able to search the new inventory boxes (which were out on the floor) though. I bought what seemed to be the only copy. :shock: The coupon printed without a hitch after using a previously attained $15 off coupon.

I'm wondering if that's the case for me too. I tried the next nearest store, and it said 16 miles from my zip on the K-Mart locator, and then 52 miles on map quest. Needless to say, I don't feel like driving an hour one way and an hour back for motorstorm, but I am wondering if I should drive to my local one and ask if they can check the back or something.

I know previously you couldn't use the same denomination coupon twice in one transaction - say I buy motorstorm with the $45 coupon, then I have two $15 coupons (one from the Portal Kombat deal) would I be able to use both of those towards say Dead or Alive Dimensions?

[quote name='jer7583']I know previously you couldn't use the same denomination coupon twice in one transaction - say I buy motorstorm with the $45 coupon, then I have two $15 coupons (one from the Portal Kombat deal) would I be able to use both of those towards say Dead or Alive Dimensions?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe you can, but I'm up to be proven wrong!

Update: Misunderstood the question. You should be able to combine these.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I don't believe you can, but I'm up to be proven wrong![/QUOTE]

I guess i just wasn't sure if the denomination was the issue or the barcode, and if different weeks print different barcodes. I'll see if they match up/work when the time comes.

no portal 2's in stock at my local kmarts - so i just ordered it online and don't have to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery (yeah amazon - i'm looking at you! :boxing:).

great price!

Huh. I would have guessed that the $15 Motorstorm coupon and the $15 Portal Kombat week coupon COULD be used together. The example scenario in post #4 only compares two coupons from the same source (same barcodes) against two coupons of different sources and values (different barcodes). If this is correct, and they cannot be combined due to both being $15, the post should be clarified with a new example.

[quote name='DPsycho']Huh. I would have guessed that the $15 Motorstorm coupon and the $15 Portal Kombat week coupon COULD be used together. The example scenario in post #4 only compares two coupons from the same source (same barcodes) against two coupons of different sources and values (different barcodes). If this is correct, and they cannot be combined due to both being $15, the post should be clarified with a new example.[/QUOTE]

^^ I agree with this interpretation. We're talking 2 $15 coupons from 2 separate transcations, where completely different games were purchased to trigger the coupons.

I do think this needs to be clarified. I was planning to use both my $15 coupon from the 120/60 promo, and my other $15 coupon from Motorstorm on LA Noire. Making that game $30 out of pocket ($60-$15-$15).

[quote name='DPsycho']Huh. I would have guessed that the $15 Motorstorm coupon and the $15 Portal Kombat week coupon COULD be used together. The example scenario in post #4 only compares two coupons from the same source (same barcodes) against two coupons of different sources and values (different barcodes). If this is correct, and they cannot be combined due to both being $15, the post should be clarified with a new example.[/QUOTE]
They definitely can be combined, maybe I am not explaining it too clearly.

The coupon stacking has not changed in any way. Two $15's from say the Mortal Kombat/Portal week could not be stacked but they could be combined with Motorstorm's $15. Denomination is not the key, the primary offer is.

WOW! Kmart.com updated their site fast with the $34.99 Portal 2 deal! And, ONLY 99cents for shipping!!!!!

I can't wait to see what the PS3 console deal is!!!!

I meet those requirements...but certainly not gonna drop my career...even though it sounds awesome to be working in K-Marts booming game section.

[quote name='Ace!']Josh,

Whats the estimated salary range?[/QUOTE]
It is negotiated based on previous experience, talents etc. More info would be given during the screening process.

SHC does pay competitively in this area.

How does Kmart only get 1 copy of motorstorm? I've been to three stores in my area. All three got 1 copy each. Not worth it anymore. Goodluck Josh, but how does that happen?

[quote name='tylerp76']How does Kmart only get 1 copy of motorstorm? I've been to three stores in my area. All three got 1 copy each. Not worth it anymore. Goodluck Josh, but how does that happen?[/QUOTE]

Well, as SHC Stock Boy said (post #3895 for those playing at home), they had some issues with this title when the release date moved. Most stores should get their stock in today. So technically, it's been explained why but it's also understood that if 1 can get to the store, more should be able to.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is negotiated based on previous experience, talents etc. More info would be given during the screening process.

SHC does pay competitively in this area.[/QUOTE]

$9.50 an hour, no benefits;)

Well it took 4 stores, about 20 in gas, and I finally find motorstorm.
Didn't get 15 dollar coupon, and yes I did use my card, because I used a coupon. Not gonna bother with the $15 dollar coupon, I gotta go to amazon.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I meet those requirements...but certainly not gonna drop my career...even though it sounds awesome to be working in K-Marts booming game section.[/QUOTE]

There are personality requirements as well :lol: :hot: As Triumph the Insult Comic Dog would say, I keeeeed, I keeed.

[quote name='joshdts']Josh, with it just being a week away, can we please get the Pirates deal for next week announced?[/QUOTE]
It's most likely going to be a $15 on Wii, 360, PS3, $10 on DS/3DS/PSP.

[quote name='tylerp76']Well it took 4 stores, about 20 in gas, and I finally find motorstorm.
Didn't get 15 dollar coupon, and yes I did use my card, because I used a coupon. Not gonna bother with the $15 dollar coupon, I gotta go to amazon.[/QUOTE]
If this is your final hurrah, at least let me help with any misgivings on this trip!

Hope to hear from you.

[quote name='Josh5890']$9.50 an hour, no benefits;)[/QUOTE]
Zero :) Plus you have to work closely with me, definite risks to personal mental health.

Josh, I need a quick answer. Can I combine and use my $45 and $15 from the Mortal Kombat/Portal week on Motorstorm this week ? will the $59.99 game let me use the combine $60 coupon ?

I am heading kmart in 30 mins. Please let me know ASAP.

[quote name='foinecrewx']Josh, I need a quick answer. Can I combine and use my $45 and $15 from the Mortal Kombat/Portal week on Motorstorm this week ? will the $59.99 game let me use the combine $60 coupon ?

I am heading kmart in 30 mins. Please let me know ASAP.[/QUOTE]
No, the pre tax total must exceed that of the coupon. The $45 will work.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's most likely going to be a $15 on Wii, 360, PS3, $10 on DS/3DS/PSP.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the perfect use for my $45 coupon. I don't see anything else to use it on and I really don't want to get more PSN cards as I already bought 6 to get the $60 in coupons in the first place ;).

And assuming the $15 coupon from Lego Pirates is good for 45 days, that means I can use it on Zelda OoT for the 3DS. And hopefully that has a nice offer as well!

I've been off the coupon train since the original ones stopped being issued - but it appears I am back on.

I waited about 20 min at my store to pick up motorstorm with nobody available in electronics or seemingly, anywhere in the store but the front registers and customer service. I had them page someone to electronics and nothing happened.. another guy was waiting there as well and 3-4 other people strolled through and saw no cashier while looking for items.

Hopefully the manager I talked to gives whoever was supposed to be there some attention. Stupid to have to wait that long.

Got motorstorm at best buy cause I was taking in some stuff for their $30 TIV stuff. I hate supporting best buy but it's not like I can't use the coupons later for LA Noire or something.

[quote name='jer7583']I waited about 20 min at my store to pick up motorstorm with nobody available in electronics or seemingly, anywhere in the store but the front registers and customer service. I had them page someone to electronics and nothing happened.. another guy was waiting there as well and 3-4 other people strolled through and saw no cashier while looking for items.

Hopefully the manager I talked to gives whoever was supposed to be there some attention. Stupid to have to wait that long.

Got motorstorm at best buy cause I was taking in some stuff for their $30 TIV stuff. I hate supporting best buy but it's not like I can't use the coupons later for LA Noire or something.[/QUOTE]
Are you comfortable on the response you received? Let me know if you want me to follow up and help out as well.

Ended up finding a copy at my Local K-Mart after all. Only one copy as well, don't think they had anymore before that. I also thought the $15 coupon didn't print out, but it went through my email which I didn't expect. Thanks Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back