SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to purchase Dynasty Warriors 7 from Kmart... whether or not there is a deal. Will Kmart be stocked up on it on release date?

[quote name='ucantcme69'] Sharing my experience here so hopefully we can get this ship corrected at kmart because for someone who isnt a CAGer wouldnt have any clue what to do at this point.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Just wanted to applaud you for your non-self-concerned line of thought. Sure you want to get your situation straightened out, but the fact that your thought process also included others who might find themselves in similar situations is commendable.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Shiny. Can't wait to see the Portal 2 and LA Noire deals. Good times ahead in thread no. 5.[/QUOTE]
Great Portal 2 offers confirmed.

4/17 week will feature a very good offer, but if you want to wait, within two weeks you'll see a promotion that will be very hot as well (and very much beat what is out there already).

[quote name='biledriver']Yup. Worked at Gamestop for that launch and we were even selling hard drives and controllers before launch. The only people that pre-purchase like that tend to be customers with systems on reserve. And since Gamestop and now even more retailers put such high stock in reserves they felt it increased loyalty.

During the wii launch though I know Gamestop left it up to store managers whether to presell the games before launch. I was merchandising for walmart by then and we set that planogram with the games as they came out two weeks ahead of time.[/QUOTE]
I guess the only difference for us, is that due to not being Gamestop, allocated product (where we can't order at will) puts us at a disadvantage if we sell out early.

Say titles like Lego Star Wars III, where it was not a buy at will situation, we won't be able to help anybody potentially looking for that game at launch if it sells early.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']It's better than any COD game but not as good as Killzone 3[/QUOTE]
My personal opinion of course, but I like it way more than KZ3. The firefights are so organic that each time you play a level if feels fresh.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Great Portal 2 offers confirmed.

4/17 week will feature a very good offer, but if you want to wait, within two weeks you'll see a promotion that will be very hot as well (and very much beat what is out there already).[/QUOTE]
Oh?! Now that has my interest piqued!
I thought Walmart/Amazon's $20 credit was pretty good but if you can beat that 2 weeks after launch, I'd wait.
When can we expect more details? A week before the offer?

[quote name='ucantcme69']Well my store has finally failed me. The points card I got wasnt activated according to xbox support. So I take it back to my kmart store and they refuse to do anything stating the receipt says active. No exchange refund notta. They said once it leaves the store theres nothing they can do. Talk about worst customer service I ever seen. Instead of dealing with a blantant lie and arguing any more than I already did I just told them dont worry about it ill go above and get it handled because I surely wont be taking a $30 hit for a obvious error. Sent a Email to Josh and Admonster. Sharing my experience here so hopefully we can get this ship corrected at kmart because for someone who isnt a CAGer wouldnt have any clue what to do at this point. I am not happy I wasted a trip for nothing tho. "End Rant"[/QUOTE]
Let me know if you got Jim's email back and if everything is cool now!

There is no reason common sense shouldn't have been employed by the store at all, however they were in fact following policy. There is no way for them to check activation besides the receipt (they were definitely at fault I'm sure) so they are not allowed to exchange any cards once they leave the store.

But, that's why we are here! What's cool as well, is that every since we started putting our contact information in the blog as well we get a ton of non CAG email now to. So hopefully others are finding more help!

The 4.0 thread had the DS listed as part of the Lego Star Wars 3 deal, but it looks like it's been changed in this thread and also in the blog. Can I safely assume the deal is off for the DS version? Searched the threads unsuccessfully so far...

[quote name='ChibiBibliophile']The 4.0 thread had the DS listed as part of the Lego Star Wars 3 deal, but it looks like it's been changed in this thread and also in the blog. Can I safely assume the deal is off for the DS version? Searched the threads unsuccessfully so far...[/QUOTE]
You are correct, it is only the Wii, 360, PS3.

[quote name='bgame2']:applause: Just wanted to applaud you for your non-self-concerned line of thought. Sure you want to get your situation straightened out, but the fact that your thought process also included others who might find themselves in similar situations is commendable.[/QUOTE]
Not a problem. I just want to make the place better as a whole so no one dreads having to deal with the store.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Let me know if you got Jim's email back and if everything is cool now!

There is no reason common sense shouldn't have been employed by the store at all, however they were in fact following policy. There is no way for them to check activation besides the receipt (they were definitely at fault I'm sure) so they are not allowed to exchange any cards once they leave the store.

But, that's why we are here! What's cool as well, is that every since we started putting our contact information in the blog as well we get a ton of non CAG email now to. So hopefully others are finding more help![/QUOTE]

Everything should be fine. Its not that I wanted a different card until they started to tell me to bad so sad. I really just wanted the card in my hand activated. Xbox's support line wanted me to have the store call them so they could tell them no its not activated no hes not B Sing you and they guy said hed tell them to give me another card for the trouble and gas. Thought that was funny. I do appreciate everything.

No problems getting Crysis 2 360 + $50 PSN card. My store wasn't putting 3DS games out for sale yet so at least some stores are waiting until sunday.

Wife is out at work
no school
time to go all bachelor mode

When will the MK deal be announced? I wanna know if I am pre-ordering elsewhere or if K-Mart gets my cash this time.

Day #2 .. still no Crysis, they "didn't get any".. sent you an email, Josh. This issue had become almost nonexistant lately.. I just hope I can get it before Saturday night so I can get in on the PSN card deal.

[quote name='Scorch']Day #2 .. still no Crysis, they "didn't get any".. sent you an email, Josh. This issue had become almost nonexistant lately.. I just hope I can get it before Saturday night so I can get in on the PSN card deal.[/QUOTE]
I will call them personally tomorrow morning. I'm very sorry.

I'd call them right now but I'll be incommunicado for the most part this evening.

So just to be sure: there aren't going to be any K-marts open at midnight for the 3DS launch? I'm going to be in NYC this weekend, and I'd love to get a 3DS for my flight home on Sunday.

Ugh not sure what to do about Crysis 2. I have a ton of other games to play, Dragon Age 2 being the main one along with the hundreds of other 360/PS3 games I have unbeaten. But after hearing how great the game is....

I really have no use for a $50 PSN or 4000 point XBL card because I have $110 in PSN and 6800 XBL points. Is it possible for me to just show you my receipt Josh and get a $20 GC in lieu of me not getting the PSN/XBL card? I know my store is more than likely not sold out of either and I want to be up front about it with you.

Let me know if this is a viable option.

Ooh, just got a SYWR email indicating that my next purchase from now through the 28th, if $100 or more, will earn triple points. The exclusions only mention gift cards and controlled substances like tobacco and alcohol. Looks like my base points for the 3DS purchase will earn 30 on the dollar. Can't argue with that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will call them personally tomorrow morning. I'm very sorry.

I'd call them right now but I'll be incommunicado for the most part this evening.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Just don't mention me, I don't want to be "that customer".. I just want to play Crysis. :(

[quote name='Scorch']Cool. Just don't mention me, I don't want to be "that customer".. I just want to play Crysis. :([/QUOTE]
I'll be "that" guy for you. I've been on hold for 30 minutes waiting for them to find this. They show 8 on hand of 360.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll be "that" guy for you. I've been on hold for 30 minutes waiting for them to find this. They show 8 on hand of 360.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to post again so fast Josh, but I blame our twitter and FB post for me wanting Crysis 2 so badly. If my store has $50/4000 cards in stock but I am not interested in them at all is there any way I can get the $20 GC still?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Sorry to post again so fast Josh, but I blame our twitter and FB post for me wanting Crysis 2 so badly. If my store has $50/4000 cards in stock but I am not interested in them at all is there any way I can get the $20 GC still?[/QUOTE]
LOL, well, the option there is as a substitute only so legally I must say no.

Try and find a store that doesn't have it and that should be fine :)

[quote name='Jinchuriki']It's better than any COD game but not as good as Killzone 3[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree with the statement of Homefront being better than any COD game. MW2 and MW are classics in my book.

Josh, I sent an email to you with a receipt scan yesterday at 1:00 PM, about no cards to go with Crysis 2, but haven't heard back. Did you get it, or do I need to resend? Thanks.

[quote name='AJVtony831'] MW2 and MW are classics in my book.[/QUOTE]

lol.

Might be a dumb question, but would a copy of our digital receipt suffice, I was unable to get a points card with my copy of Crysis 2 and cant take a picture of my receipt, waiting for my new iphone in the mail, girlfriend lost my phone :(

[quote name='DrAndonuts']So just to be sure: there aren't going to be any K-marts open at midnight for the 3DS launch? I'm going to be in NYC this weekend, and I'd love to get a 3DS for my flight home on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

If you must have a 3DS, the Best Buy will have a midnight launch with free swag to boot.

I'd go myself but Josh has my 3DS money on lock ;)

So I went to the Kmart Store on 34 Street Nyc. A few copies of the game and ZERO point cards for either PS 3 or Xbox 360. How is this even possible? Isn't this a heavy traffic store. And to not have any point cards on the second day of the promotion...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']LOL, well, the option there is as a substitute only so legally I must say no.

Try and find a store that doesn't have it and that should be fine :)[/QUOTE]

I understand and I expected that response, but I had to try. I'll see what I can find tomorrow.

I don't know why they do this but my store always keeps the new releases in a box behind the counter for like, a week before putting them in the glass case.

Now considering the employees are usually either watching TV in the back or working in some other department it seems like it would be a bad move, Loss Prevention wise to stock a box full of new releases in an open cardboard box sitting on the floor behind the unlocked or gated sales counter, but then, what do I know?

I only mention because of Scorch's problem. The last time they said they "didn't have it" they were looking in the case and didn't look in that box until I had proceeded to bug them for 10-15 minutes.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I understand and I expected that response, but I had to try. I'll see what I can find tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Lol @ trying to find a store that doesn't have an item in stock.

I wonder what was so special that made 3.0 have higher views
Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

^ Isn't all of that arbitrary? Those threads could have had more or less views, and depended on when Josh closed those threads.

[quote name='wrencrest']Yes, stores are getting more KZ3 bundles. Email stock boy and he can tell you how many some stores are getting. Be nice and give the store # so its easy for him.[/QUOTE]

Who's stock boy?

Josh or Ad Monster, I bought Lego Star Wars 3 for the DS today. I am 99% sure that it was listed in the OP as having the 15,000 bonus points with it. I didn't get them and when I checked the OP now the DS version is removed but in the Sunday Ad Deals it still shows the DS as getting the points. I am guessing that was a copy and paste of the OP. So I guess I am wondering if there is anything you can do about this? I'll be honest I wouldn't have bought the game at K-Mart if I didn't think I was getting the points. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsycho']Post #5 on the first page gives his name, role, and contact info.[/QUOTE]

Roger that.

I just called (again) and my closest K-mart does not have any of the KZ3 bundles in-stock. I just emailed Andrew about possible re-stock before the ad-week is over.

4/17 week will feature a very good offer, but if you want to wait, within two weeks you'll see a promotion that will be very hot as well (and very much beat what is out there already).[/QUOTE]

hmmmm, very interesting. I just don't know if I WANT to wait 2 weeks when I know portal 2 is there calling for me... So will the 2nd portal 2 offer be better than the launch offer?

the Gears 3 beta will be going on around this time, so waiting on portal 2 might be a good idea.

Josh, why must you tease us?

Just when I was about to open up Crysis 2...I noticed damage on the back case of the game. Like a gash and not sure if the disc is scratched. Gotta go back and exchange it either tonight before they close (if I'm really desperate to play it) tomorrow.

[quote name='AJVtony831']I would have to disagree with the statement of Homefront being better than any COD game. MW2 and MW are classics in my book.[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying Crysis 2 is better than any COD game, not Homefront.

[quote name='DPsycho']Ooh, just got a SYWR email indicating that my next purchase from now through the 28th, if $100 or more, will earn triple points. The exclusions only mention gift cards and controlled substances like tobacco and alcohol. Looks like my base points for the 3DS purchase will earn 30 on the dollar. Can't argue with that.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same email when I got back from Kmart earlier today. I picked up Crysis 2, 4000 Microsoft Points and LEGO Star Wars III Clone Wars for $129.97 + tax (and I received almost 29,000 points). Great deal.

I hope that 2 week later deal includes Mortal Kombat.

Probably not getting it on release, but wouldn't mind it a little later down the road...

Josh, does K-Mart consider the "Buy a 3DS, get $25-off a game offer" a sale? I ask because my cousin just started working at Sears about a month ago, and when I was telling him about the 3DS offer, he was thinking of getting one. He's still a little unfamiliar with how his Employee Discount works since he hasn't used it yet. He asked a co-worker who told him it would work at K-Mart, but not if the item is on sale. Since the 3DS is still being rung up at regular price, it's not technically a sale, right? I told him I'd run it by you.

I guess the easiest way of asking is, will he be able to use his Sears Employee Discount on the 3DS offer?

Ugh, I keep watching videos and reading stuff about Crysis 2. I know nothing about the series beyond the first one requiring a crazy high-end computer to run it at max settings, but I may have to bite. It looks so pretty...

[quote name='Kain']Josh, does K-Mart consider the "Buy a 3DS, get $25-off a game offer" a sale? I ask because my cousin just started working at Sears about a month ago, and when I was telling him about the 3DS offer, he was thinking of getting one. He's still a little unfamiliar with how his Employee Discount works since he hasn't used it yet. He asked a co-worker who told him it would work at K-Mart, but not if the item is on sale. Since the 3DS is still being rung up at regular price, it's not technically a sale, right? I told him I'd run it by you.

I guess the easiest way of asking is, will he be able to use his Sears Employee Discount on the 3DS offer?[/QUOTE]
My wife works at kmart, so if the 3DS is shown in the sunday ad, you can't get a discount on the 3DS at kmart, even though the price is not a sale price.

[quote name='Kain']Josh, does K-Mart consider the "Buy a 3DS, get $25-off a game offer" a sale? I ask because my cousin just started working at Sears about a month ago, and when I was telling him about the 3DS offer, he was thinking of getting one. He's still a little unfamiliar with how his Employee Discount works since he hasn't used it yet. He asked a co-worker who told him it would work at K-Mart, but not if the item is on sale. Since the 3DS is still being rung up at regular price, it's not technically a sale, right? I told him I'd run it by you.

I guess the easiest way of asking is, will he be able to use his Sears Employee Discount on the 3DS offer?[/QUOTE]

You wont get the discount because it will be in the system as Bogo, same thing happened when they ran the promo for Pokemon and MLB The Show, its one of the unfortunate side effects for us as employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back