SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kain']Well, that is terribly disappointing. I guess I will get Portal 2 from Amazon and just get MK + Tomb Raider + one of the PSP games for my one and only $60 coupon. After I told him I couldn't pick up his copy of my MK, my friend just said he'll pick up his and my cousin's copy at GameStop (which is closer to his house than K-Mart) since he doesn't want to go through the "trouble" of dealing with a reward card. :S

This type of limitation really should be dealt with for the future. Instead of me spending $420 there that week, I will now only be spending $130.[/QUOTE]
I hope to build higher limits etc. in the future, I agree.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 $20 Gaming Coupon

Please give us $50 PSN or XBL card with this offer. This game has $50 of DLC on release day.[/QUOTE]

Even EA has sunk to a new low.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not believe we have it yet in store, the battery life issue on the 3DS wasn't really provided to me on the front end :)[/QUOTE]

I know you dont have it :p When will you get it!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We do not have the CE of Tiger as well. We'll have a save $20 soon I'm sure, but $34.99 may not be right away.[/QUOTE]

You have it online, too bad it didn't go out to stores. Yeah, I'm in no hurry now... maybe by the time the game hits $30 the $50 worth of DLC will go on sale :roll:

I would like to request some sort of PS Move accessories deal at some point... I am looking for a Nav Controller & a standalone Sharpshooter. Silly me, I didn't buy a nav controller at release because they said you could use a dualshock in its place... maybe its just me, but I had assumed you'd be holding the dualshock sideways and just using it for motion controls; if i had known that you'd have to hold it the normal way using only your left hand and still try to run the stick AND the buttons, I'd have bought a Nav during your initial coupon offer...

Hey Josh or Stock Boy:

Just read up about the classic DLC for MK where Gamestop gets Scorpion, BB get Sub-Zero, Amazon has Reptile, and Walmart has Mileena.

Will Kmart have one also like Kitana's?

[quote name='Kain']
For example, the system already has the ability to generate a custom barcode based on the Customer ID and Offer, correct? Well, why not add the transaction ID in there as well? Every time you make a purchase at K-Mart, you already get a unique Receipt #. Using that to also create the coupon's bar code would make each coupon have a different code and no way of duplicating.[/QUOTE]I'm fairly sure the way KMart works is typical to how most department stores work. They don't really give you one unique receipt number, what it is broken down to is transaction number, date & time, register and store number. Four separate pieces of information come together to make one but when looked up, all the fields have to be there, they're condensed into a bar code usually but it's still the same 3 or 4 pieces of information that aren't really unique until they're all brought together.

[quote name='Kain']Actually, it's in their best interest if people ARE walking around with lots of coupons like this. Sad reality of the coupon business is that corporations are banking on the fact that the customer will forget to use the coupon before it expires.

That's how they can afford to make these offers. If they get you into the store to spend $120 and then you completely forget about spending the $60 coupon you had sitting in the bag, or your wallet, etc. then they make out.

It's just as easy to lose a $60 coupon as it is a $10 coupon, but to GET a $60 coupon in the first place, you're giving them a whole lot more than you are to get a $10 coupon. So by getting people in to spend more money for the chance to use a larger coupon, they are making more money in the long run.[/QUOTE]This has been stated and is gospel. This is why coupon deals offer greater flexibility, because they expire. People just got spoiled with the Rewards points and are now acting like coupons never existed.

[quote name='aznhero913']Josh made that clear to us AFTER we made our posts.[/QUOTE]Dude, I'm going to say with your join date of December 2010 you missed a lot of coupon vs SYWR discussions. Coupon vs SYWR predates you by far, you may want to scale back some of your reactions to something that other people who have been following the thread longer than you.

[quote name='Mad39er']
This has been stated and is gospel. This is why coupon deals offer greater flexibility, because they expire. People just got spoiled with the Rewards points and are now acting like coupons never existed.[/QUOTE]

Actually, this *was* stated, and by Josh himself. It was in the terms of 'redemption rates' or something like that. And h broke down that it was expected that a certain number of people would *not* use the coupon they obtained. Practically speaking, I'm sure that wouldnt include many CAGs, but they have numbers to estimate how much they'd have to really shell out as opposed to a straight up front discount.

(let me search for the post)

I'm interested to know how many dont use the coupons they get. It'd probably normally be surprisingly high but maybe not as much in Kmarts case since a lot of people either get their games their specifically because of the deals, or shop elsewhere.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm interested to know how many dont use the coupons they get. It'd probably normally be surprisingly high but maybe not as much in Kmarts case since a lot of people either get their games their specifically because of the deals, or shop elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

A little different, but I can tell you in the baby formula world ( at least according to our Rep) the return rate is 6%....nationally

Is the new Tiger Woods game worth it or should I just pick up last years model?
I want to get a PS move and a golf game, didn't know if there was a big difference b/n the the two.

Here are the 3 games I'm debating b/n:

TW 11
TW 12
NFS S2

Which one do you guys recommend?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I totally agree, I want 100% honest feedback and nothing else. Disagreeing with me should be common practice. I'm a big boy, I can take it :)

I try to provide the highest value possible to the consumer that I can within whatever framework or goal I have also been given by my company. It is a non stop balancing act. I have to make as much money for my company as possible while also ensuring that I provide as much value to the consumer as I possibly can.

This upcoming deal is just as much of a test as it is an offer. If I can prove the certain aspects of the promo true, other potential adaptations can be opened up.

Back in the day, I was never able to offer a coupon on software. I was able to test a $10 coupon on Final Fantasy 13 (and only on the PS3 version) and the rest is history.

The only thing that I disagree with is the stick/carrot thing as I have made the rules perfectly clear from the beginning and I even tried to help with it based on the bonus PSN/XBLA deal on the two titles that I would like to see pop the most.

It is definitely my hope that in future ads I can lower the buy total to 119, 179, 239, etc.

At the end of the day the deal was not meant to be a Amazon or TRU crusher, it was meant to be a compelling offer in the midst of what is out there.

I think the resulting feedback is mostly positive as people who are interested in Portal 2 and MK (if they also buy a points card) are receiving $70 in value for their purchase. Regardless of how it has to be redeemed, even say buying a $60 game + another cheapy item is still a lot of value.

Could the lever be pulled more, without question, it is my hope that we will be able to in the future.[/QUOTE]

I hope you weren't offended brother.

BTW Josh, I sent you an email a few days back and haven't heard anything from you.

This thread is getting heated again!
Josh does the best he can with these deals - they still blow away what every retailer was offering before kmart turned up the heat.

Seems like we went a good 2-3 years without the big retailers offerring many release week discounts. Now kmart, amazon, and best buy are all competing a lot more and thats good for the customer.

Now - any chance of yakuza 4 at ~$40 soon for those who couldnt buy on release? ;)

[quote name='aznhero913']Is the new Tiger Woods game worth it or should I just pick up last years model?
I want to get a PS move and a golf game, didn't know if there was a big difference b/n the the two.

TW 11
TW 12
NFS S2

Which one do you guys recommend?[/QUOTE]

Even though I haven't played them yet, I've heard that the new TW does a much better job of implementing the PS Move than last year's, so even though it would be more pricey that would seem to be the way to go for a good Move game.

[quote name='jer7583']This thread is getting heated again!
Josh does the best he can with these deals - they still blow away what every retailer was offering before kmart turned up the heat.

Seems like we went a good 2-3 years without the big retailers offerring many release week discounts. Now kmart, amazon, and best buy are all competing a lot more and thats good for the customer.

Now - any chance of yakuza 4 at ~$40 soon for those who couldnt buy on release? ;)[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM jer

[quote name='chriscolbert']Even though I haven't played them yet, I've heard that the new TW does a much better job of implementing the PS Move than last year's, so even though it would be more pricey that would seem to be the way to go for a good Move game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I might just hold out for this one when it drops to $39.99
I still need to get a PS move so I'll be trolling the AWD thread and CL for that, although a friend offered to let me use his Wii for the next year while he's away at Oxford for a fellowship.

New question:
TW golf better on the PS move or Wii?

[quote name='aznhero913']
New question:
TW golf better on the PS move or Wii?[/QUOTE]

Assuming you're not an HD whore, the Wii version is better for several reasons I think. Control-wise, reviews are saying that they basically play the same, but it's $10 cheaper and you get more courses right out of the box that I'm assuming will allow you to play all events in career mode without prompting you to buy DLC.

I'm holding out for a flash deal from EA via their Facebook page since they've been doing a pretty good job of putting stuff on sale within a month or two.

[quote name='jer7583']This thread is getting heated again!

;)[/QUOTE]

The deals may have more to do with a struggling economy than with Kmart, but regardless it has worked out for us. I bought 2-3 as many games last year, most of them at Kmart.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Assuming you're not an HD whore, the Wii version is better for several reasons I think. Control-wise, reviews are saying that they basically play the same, but it's $10 cheaper and you get more courses right out of the box that I'm assuming will allow you to play all events in career mode without prompting you to buy DLC.

I'm holding out for a flash deal from EA via their Facebook page since they've been doing a pretty good job of putting stuff on sale within a month or two.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I feel like I'm saying no too much! I have not had much success getting Capcom to discount like this.[/QUOTE]

Yah, No sucks to hear, but its alright, you seem to be working hard. Capcom should owe you their life after all the copies of MvC 3 you sold them.

Also with the 3DS out can we expect a lot of price drops on regular DS games?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Assuming you're not an HD whore, the Wii version is better for several reasons I think. Control-wise, reviews are saying that they basically play the same, but it's $10 cheaper and you get more courses right out of the box that I'm assuming will allow you to play all events in career mode without prompting you to buy DLC.

I'm holding out for a flash deal from EA via their Facebook page since they've been doing a pretty good job of putting stuff on sale within a month or two.[/QUOTE]

There's also a frisbee golf mode on the wii version isn't there?

[quote name='aznhero913']Is the new Tiger Woods game worth it or should I just pick up last years model?

TW 11
TW 12
NFS S2

I picked up the PS3 version. The only thing the WII version has on it is the courses off the bat. The PS3 version via DLC does offer more courses, better graphics, move works better than Wii, I would prob suggest picking it up with a coupon deal or hitting it up at $40 or so one or the other. Just check out some of the review sources you trust. No question the PS3 version is the way to go if you want to use motion controls unless you have a balance board for wii and care to use is :)

My fellow CAGers are making this a tough decision now!!

I like the fact that I don't have to spend any money if I get the Wii version vs. having to buy a ps move. One the other hand the PS move is going to be something I ultimately pick up down the road.

TW 11
TW 12
NFS S2

I picked up the PS3 version but I'm not sold on the controls. The Move is fine but you'll find that you'll need to pick up the navigation controller alot to set up your shot. My biggest gripe with TW12 is the new caddy mode, specifically the putting circle. I'm expecting a patch that allows you to turn it off somewhere down the road. That being said, if you are a golfer at all, I think you have to go with TW12 for Augusta

[quote name='chimpo80']I picked up the PS3 version but I'm not sold on the controls. The Move is fine but you'll find that you'll need to pick up the navigation controller alot to set up your shot. My biggest gripe with TW12 is the new caddy mode, specifically the putting circle. I'm expecting a patch that allows you to turn it off somewhere down the road. That being said, if you are a golfer at all, I think you have to go with TW12 for Augusta[/QUOTE]

Most reviews that I have read says you can turn the caddy off. Since I haven't played it I can't tell you exactly where to go to do it but supposedly it's there.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Most reviews that I have read says you can turn the caddy off. Since I haven't played it I can't tell you exactly where to go to do it but supposedly it's there.[/QUOTE]

You can disable the caddie each shot by pressing the circle button. You can also mute the caddie but you cannot disable his recommendations. As for the putting circle, the only way to turn that off is to switch the difficulty level to Tour Pro with True Aim. I'm simply not good enough to make that move yet.

On my part, I find the Buy $120, get a $60 coupon much more attractive than a B2G1. This is because there's a ton of clearance games at Kmart I'm still looking at grabbing, and my $120 will probably be Portal and a couple of old games, and who knows what the $60 is going on. I can see being displeased if you're only interested ever in $60 new releases, but the $10 off $20 PSN/XBLA cards mitigates that a lot.

In fact, I'd probably go for $240 and two $60 coupons if it wasn't limit one per customer.

[quote name='chimpo80']You can disable the caddie each shot by pressing the circle button. You can also mute the caddie but you cannot disable his recommendations. As for the putting circle, the only way to turn that off is to switch the difficulty level to Tour Pro with True Aim. I'm simply not good enough to make that move yet.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I suck so hard at putting I'm sure I'll use everything I can to make it easier when I eventually get it.

[quote name='chimpo80']You can disable the caddie each shot by pressing the circle button. You can also mute the caddie but you cannot disable his recommendations. As for the putting circle, the only way to turn that off is to switch the difficulty level to Tour Pro with True Aim. I'm simply not good enough to make that move yet.[/QUOTE]

You can disable the caddie in any difficulty level while in-game. Or if you choose the custom shot option he will be disabled until you choose to use one of his shots again.

[quote name='ucantcme69']You can disable the caddie in any difficulty level while in-game. Or if you choose the custom shot option he will be disabled until you choose to use one of his shots again.[/QUOTE]

I'll mess around with it a bit more when I get home from work. Hopefully you'll prove me wrong.

[quote name='chimpo80']I'll mess around with it a bit more when I get home from work. Hopefully you'll prove me wrong.[/QUOTE]

If you need some help just check out EA's forums. Theres already a ton of them asking about the caddy and what not on there. You can find every single option you can and cannot do with the caddy there.

[quote name='ucantcme69']If you need some help just check out EA's forums. Theres already a ton of them asking about the caddy and what not on there. You can find every single option you can and cannot do with the caddy there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will. I do think we may have a different definition of "disabled" though. Pressing the circle button from the game screen will definitely shut the caddie up. It will not remove his suggestion options or the putting circle aid though. I can deal with the shot options but I hate the putting circle. I spent a little time online last night and noticed a petition on the EA forums to outright turn off the caddie. Once I found that, coupled with my own experience with the game, I researched no further. I'll search more thoroughly later.

[quote name='hostyl1']Actually, this *was* stated, and by Josh himself. It was in the terms of 'redemption rates' or something like that. And h broke down that it was expected that a certain number of people would *not* use the coupon they obtained. Practically speaking, I'm sure that wouldnt include many CAGs, but they have numbers to estimate how much they'd have to really shell out as opposed to a straight up front discount.

(let me search for the post)[/QUOTE]
I'm confused, were you correcting me or what exactly happened there?

[quote name='aznhero913']Where's a good place to try this game out on Wii/PS3?

I was thinking Best Buy/ Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Those are prob the most easiest likely places to try the game or you can DL the demo to try it out as well

[quote name='aznhero913']Where's a good place to try this game out on Wii/PS3?

I was thinking Best Buy/ Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop doesn't have Move/Kinect demos in their stores so the only place to try out Move control for Tiger would be at Best Buy.

[quote name='Archfiend']so i just called my local Kmart and they do not price match. is this the only store that doesnt price match?[/QUOTE]

Josh has stated before somewhere I seen that they dont price match at this time so this would be correct.

[quote name='Kain']Why didn't you go to the Customer Service desk and ask them to send someone back to Electronics? Nobody was in the Electronics section when I went to pick up Crysis 2 last week. So after a minute of looking around the area, I walked up to the Customer Service desk, asked them to send someone back to Electronics, and there was a guy waiting there for me when I got back there.

No offense intended, I've seen plenty of people complaining about lack of associates; Hell, I don't even think I've ever seen more than four associates working at the same time in my local K-Mart, but have we really become a society that can't speak up to get what we want? Do we really need store associates practically burying their faces in our crotches to help up like at GameStop? I think the Python boys said it best, "If you want to get anything done in this country, you've got to complain until you're blue in the mouth."[/QUOTE]

Look... I don't want someone's face in my crotch... but I think that you should have more than 4 associates in a store... I should not have to go up to the customer service desk and say.. "Hey... I would like to give you some of my money... can you have a guy/gal go meet me in electronics"

That is why they have management... to make sure that Joe is not in the backroom f'ing off...

Now... I can see if you have to leave your station... you put a little button out that when you push... it broadcasts on the intercom "Customer Service to Electronics" That would alert the little minions that they need to get to electronics to help someone that wants to pay their salary....

As far as Gamestop employees... I don't know what it is like in your area... but I actually find it refreshing to go into my Gamestop... I get the answers that I need and want... and they are actually friendly and there to help... I have been in Gamestops where I have wanted to punch the guy in the face... but in the Redmond, WA area... they are decent folks.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Gamestop doesn't have Move/Kinect demos in their stores so the only place to try out Move control for Tiger would be at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

All three of the GameStops here have Move demo's.

[quote name='kirthew']Look... I don't want someone's face in my crotch... but I think that you should have more than 4 associates in a store... I should not have to go up to the customer service desk and say.. "Hey... I would like to give you some of my money... can you have a guy/gal go meet me in electronics"

That is why they have management... to make sure that Joe is not in the backroom f'ing off...

Now... I can see if you have to leave your station... you put a little button out that when you push... it broadcasts on the intercom "Customer Service to Electronics" That would alert the little minions that they need to get to electronics to help someone that wants to pay their salary....

As far as Gamestop employees... I don't know what it is like in your area... but I actually find it refreshing to go into my Gamestop... I get the answers that I need and want... and they are actually friendly and there to help... I have been in Gamestops where I have wanted to punch the guy in the face... but in the Redmond, WA area... they are decent folks.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you're being a putz. It takes literally 30 seconds to ask someone to walk to electronics. I've done it tons of times and it's not a problem. What, are you too proud to ask someone to go back there for some help?

You trying to prove a point by not asking for help?

I completely agree that you shouldn't have to search for an employee just to buy an item. However, I'm still a CAG by nature and am willing to do a little searching to save some money.

[quote name='aznhero913']I hope you weren't offended brother.

BTW Josh, I sent you an email a few days back and haven't heard anything from you.[/QUOTE]
Not at all! I had a few presentations this week on the whole gaming thing so I forwarded some emails to Ad Monster; I'll follow up!

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Sounds like you're being a putz. It takes literally 30 seconds to ask someone to walk to electronics. I've done it tons of times and it's not a problem. What, are you too proud to ask someone to go back there for some help?

You trying to prove a point by not asking for help?[/QUOTE]

Yeah... My point is that I shouldn't have to ask for help... When I go into Target... and go to the electronics dept... there is someone there... when I go into Wal-Mart and go to the electronics dept... there is someone there...

Why should K-Mart be any different... it is all about customer service... I can understand someone not being there waiting for little ole me to come in... but be in the general area where you can here your buzzer going off multiple times... Don't be across the store in baby furniture... or in the back room f'ing off... or taking a smoke break...

Do I expect the world to be handed to me on a plate... no... I understand that shelves need to be stocked... that other customers need to be assisted... but again... why should I be expected to be the management and go find myself an associate to help me?

Edit: And pardon me for thinking that I could come here... and tell people that obviously are pretty high up in K-Mart's marketing dept... flaws in the system....

[quote name='kirthew']That is why they have management... to make sure that Joe is not in the backroom f'ing off... Now... I can see if you have to leave your station... you put a little button out that when you push... it broadcasts on the intercom "Customer Service to Electronics" That would alert the little minions that they need to get to electronics to help someone that wants to pay their salary....[/QUOTE]

In most cases, said employee that is working in the electronics section is also working in seasonal. Or in foods and candies. Or some other department. As great as these K-Mart deals are from Josh, it doesn't change the fact that K-Mart itself is struggling as an actual store. They're not going to hire 30-odd people that they can't afford just so every single department has someone sitting around twiddling their thumbs on the off-chance that a customer actually comes along.

And I don't know what it's like in your area, but I've never seen a K-Mart or a Walmart or any other store that has a buzzer to alert an employee. The only store I have ever seen such a thing in is Target. And as struggling as K-Mart is, I doubt they're gonna renovate their stores with buzzer systems if they can't even even handle hiring more employees.

As far as Gamestop employees... I don't know what it is like in your area... but I actually find it refreshing to go into my Gamestop... I get the answers that I need and want... and they are actually friendly and there to help... I have been in Gamestops where I have wanted to punch the guy in the face... but in the Redmond, WA area... they are decent folks.

Other than begging your to Pre-Order something or trying to sell you used games (especially as "new but opened") the moment the see you in the store or hear you on the phone, then sure, they're decent folks. But dammit, I came into the store knowing what I want and if I don't see it, I'll ask. I don't need people crawling all over me to help me while pretending like they know a damn thing about videogames or the game industry when all they are are gamers with a license to sell.

[quote name='kirthew']Yeah... My point is that I shouldn't have to ask for help... When I go into Target... and go to the electronics dept... there is someone there... when I go into Wal-Mart and go to the electronics dept... there is someone there...

Why should K-Mart be any different... it is all about customer service... I can understand someone not being there waiting for little ole me to come in... but be in the general area where you can here your buzzer going off multiple times... Don't be across the store in baby furniture... or in the back room f'ing off... or taking a smoke break...

Do I expect the world to be handed to me on a plate... no... I understand that shelves need to be stocked... that other customers need to be assisted... but again... why should I be expected to be the management and go find myself an associate to help me?

Edit: And pardon me for thinking that I could come here... and tell people that obviously are pretty high up in K-Mart's marketing dept... flaws in the system....[/QUOTE]

I dunno where you go... but I've gone to Target, Walmart, ShopKo, and there wasn't somebody just waiting around in Electronics. Granted that's not the norm, and they were generally in the area, but that's the same at my Kmart. They've always been really helpful if I need something, and I've only had to push the page button once.

Obviously if that's really a problem, then you could complain that there's nobody ever there and management will start dealing with it. They can't ALWAYS know where their employees are, and if it becomes a regular thing they'll staff people back there more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back