SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm facing a huge dilemma here. I've been looking forward to Homefront since the first teaser trailer hit the Internet but now every one is saying it sucks. I could get it for about $22 after my SYWR points, but everything is telling me to stay away.[/QUOTE]

SP was kinda horrible actually. I didn't enjoy how the three people I was always with would shoot but never seemed able to kill somebody. Also, you're always the target in sp as soon as you're spotted. If they're shooting at the AI, they're going to start shooting at you so just be ready for that because I got an RPG twice to the face.

MP has a lot of campers to be honest. If you're annoyed by that, probably not the game to get. They'll shoot you halfway across the map. Many servers issue that are supposably being fixed but doesn't seem like it.

I was excited by this game too and bought it on release day. I ended up selling it on CL that same saturday due to how tired I got by it. If you have a redbox near you, you can always rent it there for $2 for one day.

[quote name='aznhero913']
I was thinking about getting Red Faction but the hell w/ that. I don't trust THQ w/ multiplayer.
[/QUOTE]

Red Faction Guerrilla's MP was actually pretty damn good and fun. I don't expect them to screw up Armageddon.

For those on the fence of Homefront, check out SeaNanner's Homefront gameplay on Youtube.

When will we find out about the Socom offer? Is it going to be apart of the current 4-19 offers or will it have its own? Im just trying to find out if I should wait on next weeks purchases and include them into the 4-19 offers or not. Thanks

[quote name='ucantcme69']When will we find out about the Socom offer? Is it going to be apart of the current 4-19 offers or will it have its own? Im just trying to find out if I should wait on next weeks purchases and include them into the 4-19 offers or not. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's not going to have its own offer. I may be wrong but that's what I thought I had read.

[quote name='AJVtony831']MP has a lot of campers to be honest. If you're annoyed by that, probably not the game to get. They'll shoot you halfway across the map. Many servers issue that are supposably being fixed but doesn't seem like it.[/QUOTE]

I prefix this as in I have not played Homefront.

What first person shooter doesn't have tons of campers... :roll:

[quote name='lordopus99']I prefix this as in I have not played Homefront.

What first person shooter doesn't have tons of campers... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Ones with nowhere to camp! Not sure if those exist, as that would be an insane experience in SP, as well as MP.

Camping is kind of rendered inefficient in BC2 with the big maps and spotting, but even in that setting you'll find campers so the answer is.. pretty much none :)

you could always buy it for 40 and trade it in for 38. that's what im gonna do. kmart.com is sold out tho, so looks like bestbuy pricematch for this one.

[quote name='aznhero913']Look, the story is extremely enticing!! They really had a great story in the campaign.

Graphics are absolutely atrocious, MP is the worst I have ever seen since the beginning when I started xbox live in 2002.
Just rent it or borrow it from somebody and get it out of your system. Do not buy this thing. As soon as trade in value goes $35+ on Amazon, this is getting shipped outta my house.
I know I know, BC2 was a nightmare the first month too. The difference here is the developers were actually discussing the problems on their BC2 thread and systematically fixing things. THQ is telling people to look at the forum when calling tech/cust. support.

I was thinking about getting Red Faction but the hell w/ that. I don't trust THQ w/ multiplayer.

They had an oppertunity to slay COD but I guess the response after the teaser led them to become arrogant and say, "fuck it, we're gonna make money off this so let's move on to the next project"

Homefront = fail of the year.[/QUOTE]

I got $35 for it the week after it came out on Amazon, I doubt it will ever get that high again. Sell that turd while they are still offering $28 for it.

This game has more campers than I've seen in other shooters. Plus I couldn't stand being shot through a wall . Still don't understand how that happened.

[quote name='Velo214']you could always buy it for 40 and trade it in for 38. that's what im gonna do. kmart.com is sold out tho, so looks like bestbuy pricematch for this one.[/QUOTE]

Where does it trade in for 38?

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']There are some on the new Kinect games coming out...Michael Jackson, Carnival Games, and Fanatastic Pets. I think it's $10 coupon.

I also know there will be a couple of other games on sale next week, not as high profile as dragon age or shift but still a couple of decent deals. I'll let Josh spill the beans on them though.[/QUOTE]

Tomb Raider Trilogy Please!!!!!!

Hey Josh,
Does the $15 + $45 gaming coupon for spending $120 on gaming software on 4/17 apply to the Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition ($150)? If not, any deals with Socom 4 that I should look forward to from Kmart?
Thanks.

[quote name='Gluteus']Hey Josh,
Does the $15 + $45 gaming coupon for spending $120 on gaming software on 4/17 apply to the Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition ($150)? If not, any deals with Socom 4 that I should look forward to from Kmart?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No deployment edition for KMart. As far as the deal goes, I believe it includes all software totaling $120 or more.

Edit: Fixed the wording.

[quote name='craven_fiend']No deployment edition for KMart. As far as the deal goes, I believe it includes everything totaling $120 or more.[/QUOTE]

I think someone mentioned earlier that it excluded hardware? Please tell me that I'm incorrect; as I'd like to purchase one of the remaining Ghost of Sparta PSP bundles and get the $15 + $45 gaming coupon....

thanks for any clarification

[quote name='GBAstar']I think someone mentioned earlier that it excluded hardware? Please tell me that I'm incorrect; as I'd like to purchase one of the remaining Ghost of Sparta PSP bundles and get the $15 + $45 gaming coupon....

thanks for any clarification[/QUOTE]

I should probably add software to my comment. Sorry about that

[quote name='GBAstar']I think someone mentioned earlier that it excluded hardware? Please tell me that I'm incorrect; as I'd like to purchase one of the remaining Ghost of Sparta PSP bundles and get the $15 + $45 gaming coupon....

I believe James (Ad Monster) came on here and said the coupon will work for any gaming purchase. It originally was said itd only work on software.

can someone explain this line from the OP:

Note: $20 of PSN and XBLA count towards this promotion and you can save $10 on them with purchase of either Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

[quote name='affa']can someone explain this line from the OP:

Note: $20 of PSN and XBLA count towards this promotion and you can save $10 on them with purchase of either Mortal Kombat or Portal 2. [/QUOTE]

You have to buy either portal 2 or mortal kombat and you then can get a $20 PSN card or 1600 xbox live points card for $10

[quote name='affa']can someone explain this line from the OP:

Note: $20 of PSN and XBLA count towards this promotion and you can save $10 on them with purchase of either Mortal Kombat or Portal 2. [/QUOTE]
I believe this means that $20 PSN and XBLA cards count towards the $40/$120 required to get a coupon, and that purchasing MK or Portal 2 will get you $10 off on a card.

For example: if you preorder portal 2 ($60), you can get a $20 PSN card for $10, and then if you buy another $50 game, that counts as $120, which will get you the $15 + $45 coupons

btw, can anyone explain to me what NJ legislation forced Kmart to stop selling PSN/XBLA cards?

[quote name='craven_fiend']No deployment edition for KMart. As far as the deal goes, I believe it includes all software totaling $120 or more.

Edit: Fixed the wording.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate the response man. It's unfortunate that they aren't going to have the Full Deployment edition. Do you happen to know why by any chance?

Hey Josh (or knowledgeable CAG representative),

I'm planning on getting Portal 2, probably Socom 4, and a points card in order to get the $60 worth of gaming coupons.

Am I allowed to use my SYWR points to help out...or will that cancel out the "spend $120"? I've got $15 of SYWR right now with another $15 that is currently lost in cyberspace (Lego SW3 deal - filed on website but I'll go your way if that doesn't work).

Thanks for any help! Paul

[quote name='sn1per420']I believe this means that $20 PSN and XBLA cards count towards the $40/$120 required to get a coupon, and that purchasing MK or Portal 2 will get you $10 off on a card.

For example: if you preorder portal 2 ($60), you can get a $20 PSN card for $10, and then if you buy another $50 game, that counts as $120, which will get you the $15 + $45 coupons

btw, can anyone explain to me what NJ legislation forced Kmart to stop selling PSN/XBLA cards?[/QUOTE]

This has some misinformation in it.

1. You cannot pre-order games at K-Mart.
2. Buying a $60 game and a $50 game and the card won't get you the $15+45 coupons because the games are really $49.99 and $59.99 so you would be 2 cents short (sad but true).

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This has some misinformation in it.

1. You cannot pre-order games at K-Mart.
2. Buying a $60 game and a $50 game and the card won't get you the $15+45 coupons because the games are really $49.99 and $59.99 so you would be 2 cents short (sad but true).[/QUOTE]
My bad, I assumed since SHC mentioned MK and Portal2 in a post about the promotion, you would be able to preorder them. As far as being 2 cents short, I simply used round numbers for simplicity.

[quote name='sn1per420']My bad, I assumed since SHC mentioned MK and Portal2 in a post about the promotion, you would be able to preorder them. As far as being 2 cents short, I simply used round numbers for simplicity.[/QUOTE]

K-Mart stores have yet to implement a pre-order system, so no game can be pre-ordered yet. Hopefully that'll change. Yes, but simplicity is one thing, misinformation is another. a $59.99 game twice and a $20 card (for $10) would get you the card, but your example would not.

[quote name='sdclippers']In the Red corner Kmart Fanboys in the blue corner Gamestop employees.

LITS GET IT AWN![/QUOTE]

[quote name='paulwekiva']Hey Josh (or knowledgeable CAG representative),

I'm planning on getting Portal 2, probably Socom 4, and a points card in order to get the $60 worth of gaming coupons.

Am I allowed to use my SYWR points to help out...or will that cancel out the "spend $120"? I've got $15 of SYWR right now with another $15 that is currently lost in cyberspace (Lego SW3 deal - filed on website but I'll go your way if that doesn't work).

Thanks for any help! Paul[/QUOTE]

people have told me that how u pay for it doesn't matter as long as u meet the 120 pre tax requirement, hopefully, this will be confirmed by another person (i just want to be sure) as i have $90 worth of gift cards for sears and kmart, and sywr points :D but i'm inclined to believe them as the cag members on the kmart thread arent as... rude (an understatement) as those in other threads

It doesn't matter how you pay. Gift cards, SYWR, cash, debit/credit cards. As long as the total before tax is $120 the method of payment doesn't matter. SYWR and GCs are not treated as coupons, they are treated as a form of currency for K-Mart, so it doesn't lower the total it pays part of it off.

[quote name='ucantcme69']I believe James (Ad Monster) came on here and said the coupon will work for any gaming purchase. It originally was said itd only work on software.[/QUOTE]
Edit: nevermind. To be clear though you can only receive the coupons by buying gaming software/the points cards.
However you can use those coupons on software, hardware, or accessories.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']It doesn't matter how you pay. Gift cards, SYWR, cash, debit/credit cards. As long as the total before tax is $120 the method of payment doesn't matter. SYWR and GCs are not treated as coupons, they are treated as a form of currency for K-Mart, so it doesn't lower the total it pays part of it off.[/QUOTE]

so if i had a gaming coupon for say 20, i'd have to throw something else in for 20? (if i was at 120 i mean)

No you wouldnt have to get something else. THe register once you hit 120 dollars pretax will automatically qualify you for the coupons. After that how you pay is your choice.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']No you wouldnt have to get something else. THe register once you hit 120 dollars pretax will automatically qualify you for the coupons. After that how you pay is your choice.[/QUOTE]

ahh ok, the way saix worded it (sywr and GC (guess he meant gift cards) dont count as coupons, but as currency or w/e) so it sounded like coupons would take off the total and u would need more, ok, thanks :D

Slow week. And Kmart still hasn't been the first company to offer a $99 sale PSP. Come on you guys. There's a good market, I've heard employees in two separate Gamestops discouraging people to buy them because they are dying and the Sony Dolphin is coming soon.

Meanwhile tons of old games wait to be played, among them UMD only games that will die with the system. So come on $99 PSP, although I'll settle for Dissidia or Third Birthday free with system purchase!

[quote name='biledriver']Slow week. And Kmart still hasn't been the first company to offer a $99 sale PSP. Come on you guys. There's a good market, I've heard employees in two separate Gamestops discouraging people to buy them because they are dying and the Sony Dolphin is coming soon.

Meanwhile tons of old games wait to be played, among them UMD only games that will die with the system. So come on $99 PSP, although I'll settle for Dissidia or Third Birthday free with system purchase![/QUOTE]

If my store store is any indication, I don't think there's enough stock around to have an offer like that. We haven't had any psp in over a month now, and all the accessories are on clearance and I don't believe we are expecting any more.... It definitely is dying...

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Homefront MP still isnt as bad as Crisis 2 MP, Crisis 2's campaign is fun however, Homefront not so much.[/QUOTE]
This, C2's mp has been so f'n laggy every time I've played it, it's pretty much unplayable to me, I'm lucky to get 1 ping bar connections. I know it's not my net connection, everything else plays fine for the most part. And everyone constantly cloaking gets pretty silly.

[quote name='sn1per420']

btw, can anyone explain to me what NJ legislation forced Kmart to stop selling PSN/XBLA cards?[/QUOTE]

The governor is pulling 80 million dollars off stored value cards that are considered dead..so some stores decided to stop selling stored value cards altogether.

I believe Josh said they are coming back soon though as K-Mart seemed to be the only one who pulled them. I did see a bunch of Live points and PSN cards in one in Monmouth County last week, but it's not a K-Mart I usually go to so they may have just never taken them down.

[quote name='spectre666']This, C2's mp has been so f'n laggy every time I've played it, it's pretty much unplayable to me, I'm lucky to get 1 ping bar connections. I know it's not my net connection, everything else plays fine for the most part. And everyone constantly cloaking gets pretty silly.[/QUOTE]
Yup. fuck C2s MP. SOCOM4 is the go-to MP game right now. It's such a blast.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Yup. fuck C2s MP. SOCOM4 is the go-to MP game right now. It's such a blast.[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear that S4 MP is good, I was worried about it.

[quote name='diddy310']The governor is pulling 80 million dollars off stored value cards that are considered dead..so some stores decided to stop selling stored value cards altogether.

I believe Josh said they are coming back soon though as K-Mart seemed to be the only one who pulled them. I did see a bunch of Live points and PSN cards in one in Monmouth County last week, but it's not a K-Mart I usually go to so they may have just never taken them down.[/QUOTE]
Yep! They are on their way back in.

[quote name='martinez91']If my store store is any indication, I don't think there's enough stock around to have an offer like that. We haven't had any psp in over a month now, and all the accessories are on clearance and I don't believe we are expecting any more.... It definitely is dying...[/QUOTE]
This. We pretty much cleared out of them through Holiday. That was Sony's intention as well. Everything that is left is a liability for the retailer.

PSP 3000 though is ongoing. We ran it on ad twice in Feb. with promotions.

[quote name='biledriver']Slow week. And Kmart still hasn't been the first company to offer a $99 sale PSP. Come on you guys. There's a good market, I've heard employees in two separate Gamestops discouraging people to buy them because they are dying and the Sony Dolphin is coming soon.

Meanwhile tons of old games wait to be played, among them UMD only games that will die with the system. So come on $99 PSP, although I'll settle for Dissidia or Third Birthday free with system purchase![/QUOTE]
I've already PING'd Sony about it, I don't believe you see 99 anywhere until around June.

[quote name='Masquerade']Do I have to be a SYWR member to receive the $60 coupons?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'll post all rules on the blog a few days before the promo kicks off.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']people have told me that how u pay for it doesn't matter as long as u meet the 120 pre tax requirement, hopefully, this will be confirmed by another person (i just want to be sure) as i have $90 worth of gift cards for sears and kmart, and sywr points :D but i'm inclined to believe them as the cag members on the kmart thread arent as... rude (an understatement) as those in other threads[/QUOTE]
Confirmed, the triggers are all based on reg. price.

[quote name='sn1per420']My bad, I assumed since SHC mentioned MK and Portal2 in a post about the promotion, you would be able to preorder them. As far as being 2 cents short, I simply used round numbers for simplicity.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is totally a deficiency. Not being able to pre order right now is ridiculous in this day and age. But hey, we still sell VHS (maybe not intentionally) if that is any indication.

[quote name='Gluteus']Thanks, I appreciate the response man. It's unfortunate that they aren't going to have the Full Deployment edition. Do you happen to know why by any chance?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes we just don't get allocated higher priced CE's or special runs. Namely, for lack of a pre order system. Our launch numbers are great, but these things are intended to be sold out within the first week and all we can do is spread to likely sales, not actual.

Only software counts towards the 120, the $60 of coupons can be used on anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back