SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iceman88']You're not alone, I have no interest in either of them. I don't understand the hype.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I have no interest at all in Portal 2 or MK. I am; however, very interested in socom 4, but since there isn't ant additional promotion for it I think i'll wait until brink come out and get it then with it, unless we can use the $15+$45 more than once.

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']Same here, I have no interest at all in Portal 2 or MK. I am; however, very interested in socom 4, but since there isn't ant additional promotion for it I think i'll wait until brink come out and get it then with it, unless we can use the $15+$45 more than once.[/QUOTE]
Might want to check on some Socom reviews.

SHC Stock Boy, is there anyway you could post the new clearance list? I would love to know the new price drops for this big sale coming up next week

or KayDigi

or SHC Gamer

[quote name='ucantcme69']Kmart isnt getting this[/QUOTE]
Well doesn't that just beat all. It's not exclusive to certain retailers, is it?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Might want to check on some Socom reviews.[/QUOTE]
They are all over the map as expected. Some of them don't even make sense--ala Destructoids.

If you played the beta and enjoyed it (like I did) who gives a fuck what they say.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']They are all over the map as expected. Some of them don't even make sense--ala Destructoids.

If you played the beta and enjoyed it (like I did) who gives a fuck what they say.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what map you're looking at, but the average is a 65. I think you can disregard Destructoid, but it appears to be a pretty below average game based on the other reivews. As such, I think it's safe to wait for the inevitable price drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarthWoo']I wonder if there would be any new PS3 console deals such as the occasional $50 GC with purchase deal during the four weeks for which the coupon runs. I'd be highly tempted to splurge with my tax refund coming.[/QUOTE]

No, they just had a deal like this for the PS3 a few weeks ago so they won't have another that soon. They will be having an Xbox360 sale starting on the 24th.

[quote name='bredbu']SHC Stock Boy, is there anyway you could post the new clearance list? I would love to know the new price drops for this big sale coming up next week

or KayDigi

or SHC Gamer[/QUOTE]

I believe they were still working out the drops based on available budget. Plus Josh is still out for the rest of the week, stockboy hardly posts (have to pm him directly) and kaydigi is on the run from the FBI for unveiling too many secrets.

I'm eager to see the new drops as well, but we have to wait.

[quote name='bredbu']SHC Stock Boy, is there anyway you could post the new clearance list? I would love to know the new price drops for this big sale coming up next week

or KayDigi

or SHC Gamer[/QUOTE]

Just came in the thread to tell yall about the ZUNE because it's not part of the game list. If I knew SHC wasn't here this week would have gotten them.

And once they are activated you can't reprint them, sorry again.

Is there a list of Kmart deals for this week? I don't really follow this thread, but I'm on vacation and there is a Kmart right behind my hotel.

Joystiq's SOCOM 4 complaints seemed to be pretty cut and dry.

Tried too hard to be call of duty, lost any sense of identity for it. Generic single player.

Yet another franchise that suffers chasing after the mediocre quality and outrageous success of call of duty.

I don't feel like Sony did any advertising on this game either. Or it was just so generic modern military looking that I didn't even notice. SOCOM used to be a big deal.. What happened?

I loved MAG. Wish they would focus on that style of game.

Is that an 8GB iPod Touch for only $92? I put the UPC in google and it only comes up with foreign sites, but still show an iPod anyway. $150 Wii console all but officially confirmed now.

[quote name='dino88']So has anyone had any luck finding a pink Zune?[/QUOTE]

I looked but no luck... I didn't even see a Zune. Maybe I will double check tomorrow. Target is close by, and I need to drop some stuff off

[quote name='jer7583']Joystiq's SOCOM 4 complaints seemed to be pretty cut and dry.
[/QUOTE]

While all the complaints about SOCOM 4 have merit -- the beta is huge fun.

Just don't play respawn mode -- play it classic, and it's awesome. Is it SOCOM 2? No. But it's fun, fun, fun.

So I have not kept up with this thread since MvC3.

While this deal for Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 sounds excellent especially then when you top it off with the XBLA point card... but what is this that we no longer are getting SYWR points? It is back to the stupid coupons that have expiration dates? Why would they possibly revert back to those, I hated those before, and was the reason I never took advantage of these new Kmart deals until they changed them to SYWR stuff.

I really wanted to get in on this promo, but there is absolutely nothing new coming out in May that I would want to use the credit on so I doubt I will even buy them from here, it looks like I will head to TRU, where the giftcard that I get in return can be used WHENEVER. I am quite bummed about this seeing as I really though Kmart was turning around, now I will go back to rarely if ever buying new games from here.

Lets say I buy MK and Portal 2 and then the $10 1600 card.

Can I turn around and use the $60 from the coupon codes and purchase another copy of Portal 2 and get another $15 coupon?

Coupons can't be used until the sunday following the week they're offered. You could use it for portal 2 the next week but wouldn't get another $15.

[quote name='jer7583']Coupons can't be used until the sunday following the week they're offered. You could use it for portal 2 the next week but wouldn't get another $15.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, thank you for the quick response but that just makes me even more pissed that they are using these coupons again instead of the SYWR.

Hrmm, so I can get Mortal Kombat + Fight Night: Champion + 1600 points for $130 and get $60 in coupons. Sounds good to me. Ill use the coupons on Marvel vs Capcom 3.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So I have not kept up with this thread since MvC3.

While this deal for Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 sounds excellent especially then when you top it off with the XBLA point card... but what is this that we no longer are getting SYWR points? It is back to the stupid coupons that have expiration dates? Why would they possibly revert back to those, I hated those before, and was the reason I never took advantage of these new Kmart deals until they changed them to SYWR stuff.

I really wanted to get in on this promo, but there is absolutely nothing new coming out in May that I would want to use the credit on so I doubt I will even buy them from here, it looks like I will head to TRU, where the giftcard that I get in return can be used WHENEVER. I am quite bummed about this seeing as I really though Kmart was turning around, now I will go back to rarely if ever buying new games from here.[/QUOTE]

SYWR was only a temporary move whilst they implemented a better coupon system to prevent coupon fraud. Coupons are way better for us, because Josh can give us better offers by stretching his budget further. He can offer us $20 and $25 coupons on a game, whereas if it went through SYWR he'd only be able to give us $5 or $10 off on every game.

So it is in no way a "reversion" back to coupons... it is, was, and always will be, coupons all the way. The SYWR was just a short term workaround.

I guess I'll have to wait for some official confirmation, but I'm REALLY hoping I can spend $120+ in 1600 MS point cards and get the coupon. I burn through MS points like crazy and this would help me out big time. That's probably the only way I could make that deal work for me since I'm not really too interested in Portal 2 and I already have the Mortal Kombat Limited Edition paid off at GameStop.
I'll be sure to keep an eye on things here with that coupon offer. Fingers crossed!

didn't josh say that the max was $60 from the deal? or can i get $60 from a transaction and then get more from another transaction?

edit: per sywr account

[quote name='vic_x51']will kmart have any of the two mortal kombat collectors editions?
thinking of getting it with the $60 cert deal[/QUOTE]

I believe a rep said that they would have limited copies of the kollector's edition but no tournament edition.

I dunno if I should check and see if they have a pink Zune or not. $10 for a 30GB MP3 player is the deal of the decade but chances of finding it at the KMart nearby are probably less than the chances of winning it in a rigged Stacker game.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Ugh, thank you for the quick response but that just makes me even more pissed that they are using these coupons again instead of the SYWR.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the rewards program never could have completely or permanently replaced the coupons. The way it's worked out at corporate would have meant no more deals or drastically reduced in value deals if they hadn't returned to the coupons.

Really, just be smart about how you buy and use them and you'll do fine. The reason they're able to offer such high discounts so regularly is because of the restrictions inherent in the coupons' expiration and valid dates.

Toys R Us and amazon occasionally attempt to match the kmart deals but they're usually more restrictive, lower value, or a one time shot. Kmart is the only one that offers these kinds of things on almost all new releases, week after week. NOTHING STOPS THE TRAIN. GET ON OR GET OUTTA THE WAY

[quote name='jer7583']Unfortunately the rewards program never could have completely or permanently replaced the coupons. The way it's worked out at corporate would have meant no more deals or drastically reduced in value deals if they hadn't returned to the coupons.

Really, just be smart about how you buy and use them and you'll do fine. The reason they're able to offer such high discounts so regularly is because of the restrictions inherent in the coupons' expiration and valid dates.

Toys R Us and amazon occasionally attempt to match the kmart deals but they're usually more restrictive, lower value, or a one time shot. Kmart is the only one that offers these kinds of things on almost all new releases, week after week. NOTHING STOPS THE TRAIN. GET ON OR GET OUTTA THE WAY[/QUOTE]
well said sir, i really like part about train

[quote name='Bretts31344']Is that an 8GB iPod Touch for only $92? I put the UPC in google and it only comes up with foreign sites, but still show an iPod anyway. $150 Wii console all but officially confirmed now.[/QUOTE]

I would actually assume that it's probably the old Wii configuration with the separate MotionPlus instead of the new RemotePlus. Just something to think about before everybody starts bitching that the Wiis weren't marked down like they were supposed to be.

This is a clearance list, and there are three obsolete Wii bundles and three Wii SKUS on the clearance list. I doubt a normal price drop would go on the clearance list.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So I have not kept up with this thread since MvC3.

I really wanted to get in on this promo, but there is absolutely nothing new coming out in May that I would want to use the credit on so I doubt I will even buy them from here, it looks like I will head to TRU, where the giftcard that I get in return can be used WHENEVER. I am quite bummed about this seeing as I really though Kmart was turning around, now I will go back to rarely if ever buying new games from here.[/QUOTE]

Other people already replied regarding the SYWR stuff, but I also want to say the TRU giftcard might not be as good as you're imagining. The ad scan doesn't show the fine print, but the usual restrictions on TRU cards for deals like this are 1) you can't use it until 6 hours after you get it (so you'll have to use it during a different visit just like with the delay on the kmart coupons) and 2) they have an expiration date. This is just a guess, but I doubt the giftcard lasts past 8/31, if it lasts that long even. The kmart coupon will expire before the TRU giftcard, but it's also worth $10 more. Everything has restrictions and trade offs, so you need to do what's right for you.

[quote name='Gotenks']Hrmm, so I can get Mortal Kombat + Fight Night: Champion + 1600 points for $130 and get $60 in coupons. Sounds good to me. Ill use the coupons on Marvel vs Capcom 3.[/QUOTE]

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't FNC going to be on sale for $40 next week? So you'll only be spending $110 at that point.

So any possiblity of a selection of games going on sale during the April 18 promo for people who only want to get only Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat? Need for good games on sale to make up for another $60!

Edit: Why would Kmart clearence the 8gb touch, those things sell really good.

And if there were any pink Zunes for $10 the employees probably got 'em already

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']No Final Fantasy IV: CC? Looks like I'll have to go to gamestop for the first time in i don't know how long.

:([/QUOTE]

Who said anything about Kmart not getting this title? To me, if they are carrying The Third Birthday & Dissidia 012, they should have Final Fantasy IV:CC as well.

[quote name='SeanTM22']So any possiblity of a selection of games going on sale during the April 18 promo for people who only want to get only Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat? Need for good games on sale to make up for another $60!

Edit: Why would Kmart clearence the 8gb touch, those things sell really good.

And if there were any pink Zunes for $10 the employees probably got 'em already[/QUOTE]

I would bet it's an older version of the iPod touch, probably 2nd gen or 3rd gen.

Seriously considering this deal. Contemplating getting MK and Portal 2. I don’t really care for portal 2 on console (since I have portal 1 on steam from buying the valve pack), but I remember hearing you get a steam version with purchase of ps3 portal 2. Is it just a voucher or linked to psn account?

If I can get the steam version, I would trade the ps3 portal 2 as a used copy. Otherwise, I would just get 2 MKs for xbox and ps3.

Also, I’m assuming the promotion is for $60 and $120 exactly. Since either game is $59.99 or $129.98, I would have to get filler? Does psn/ms points promo count toward the $60/$120 or not because it is also part of a promo? i would be pissed if I miss out because I’m short 2 pennies.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Who said anything about Kmart not getting this title? To me, if they are carrying The Third Birthday & Dissidia 012, they should have Final Fantasy IV:CC as well.[/QUOTE]

We won't be carrying it. We intended to but there were some internal politics preventing us from bringing it in.

[quote name='frpilot']Seriously considering this deal. Contemplating getting MK and Portal 2. I don’t really care for portal 2 on console (since I have portal 1 on steam from buying the valve pack), but I remember hearing you get a steam version with purchase of ps3 portal 2. Is it just a voucher or linked to psn account?

If I can get the steam version, I would trade the ps3 portal 2 as a used copy. Otherwise, I would just get 2 MKs for xbox and ps3.

Also, I’m assuming the promotion is for $60 and $120 exactly. Since either game is $59.99 or $129.98, I would have to get filler? Does psn/ms points promo count toward the $60/$120 or not because it is also part of a promo? i would be pissed if I miss out because I’m short 2 pennies.[/QUOTE]

No one knows yet how you get Portal 2 on Steam when you buy it on PS3, we just know you do. The point card counts to reach the $120.

[quote name='frpilot']Also, I’m assuming the promotion is for $60 and $120 exactly. Since either game is $59.99 or $129.98, I would have to get filler? Does psn/ms points promo count toward the $60/$120 or not because it is also part of a promo? i would be pissed if I miss out because I’m short 2 pennies.[/QUOTE]

This has been covered countless times since it was announced, but to summarize, yes - you have to get something to go over $60 or $120. BUT, they are discounting the $20 points cards to $10 IF you buy either MK or Portal 2, so the best plan would be to get both (or one of them and another $59.99 game) and add a points card for $10 to qualify for the coupon.

[quote name='Scorch']Is anything on sale this week?[/QUOTE]

Shift 2 - $39.99, Dragon Age 2 - $39.99

Resonance of Fate - $39.99

Front Mission Evolved - $19.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back