SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']are you guys going to be selling the socom4 full deployment edition? does this 4-17 offer last the whole week? if so im in! ill drive the 40 miles to kmart for that kinda deal.[/QUOTE]

They won't have the full deplyment edition.I believe it's like other sales and runs from sunday the 17 until that Saturday

[quote name='unknownthreat']Thanks for the quick answer. :D

My Kmart doesn't carry point cards so I plan on picking up Crysis 2 along with mk and portal 2 that week.[/QUOTE]

Not to contradict you, but you might try poking around your K-Mart next time you're in. My K-Mart doesn't keep any point cards of any kind near the games and electronics, so I though the same. Turns out they dump them on a miscellaneous gift card rack (iTunes cards, Chili's, etc.) next to the greeting cards and wrapping paper.

im a sad panda... i already bought a ton of games so that was practically the last one I was going to buy for a while.

Finally getting back into Castlevania Lords of Shadow - that game is rad. Worthy use of the $60 coupons for portal if you skipped out on it last year. I think that was one of my first Kmart coupon deal games!

[quote name='jer7583']Finally getting back into Castlevania Lords of Shadow - that game is rad. Worthy use of the $60 coupons for portal if you skipped out on it last year. I think that was one of my first Kmart coupon deal games![/QUOTE]

LoS kept me interested throughout, but it felt like it didn't have an identity of its own. It borrowed from a lot of other games, but it did still feel like Castlevania. It just didn't bring anything to set it apart gameplay wise.

Though near the 1/2 way mark the story became really engrossing and the end of the game made me want the sequel (now DLC) even more.

I'm enjoying what I've played of Castlevania LoS so far as well, having made it to chapter 5, but I have yet to feel like I'm playing a Castlevania game. The most Castlevania-like element is the animated drawings in the skill book -- those are excellent. Liking the boss battles a lot.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so it's been confirmed that we can just buy $120+ worth of points cards and get $60 back in coupons? this might be better than the games![/QUOTE]

While it would only make sense, it has NOT been confirmed by any of the reps in this thread.

As many times as it's been asked and avoided, I doubt we will get any confirmation. This is probably not how they wanted the promotion to be used, so they may not want to encourage it with an official confirmation. That being said, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

[quote name='dino88']As many times as it's been asked and avoided, I doubt we will get any confirmation. This is probably not how they wanted the promotion to be used, so they may not want to encourage it with an official confirmation. That being said, I don't see why it wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I've noticed (and for good reason) that SHC-Gamer and other Kmart reps have purposely avoided or at least delayed answering (confirming) any questions relating to a possible deal explotation that would more then likely not be profitable to Kmart.

I can't imagine that Kmart sees any profit from $180 worth of PSN cards being purchased for $120

I think the intention of this deal was to sell physical gaming inventory not PSN/XBL cards

Why not just buy some damn games and utilize the deal as it was intended? If people keep trying to find exploits to the deals I'm pretty sure they'll just pull the plug on it altogether. Personally, I am hoping to score a couple of $40 sale games (crysis 2 and nfs shift 2) along with a $50 game in order to
score the coupons. Or maybe grab some GH/PH games ive been holding out on.

Since xbox points can be confusing, here is the breakdown (if you get 6 points cards for the deal, and 3 after)

You'd be spending $120.00 for 14,400 points.

You divide 14,400 by 120 and you get 120.

Then divide whatever you're buying by 120 to see what you're actually spending.

400 pt game = $3.33

800 pt game = $6.66

1200 pt game = $10.00

Basically, you'd be getting a DotW on whatever you want.

Generally speaking he is correct, but this time it's a little different. It's kinda like splitting hairs, but whatever. You would need to buy 7 cards for $139.93 (let's say $140 for easy math). Then you would need to buy 4 cards to use the $60 coupon (or 3 cards and something minor to bring it over $60 total, but let's say 4 cards) for essentially $19.96 (or $20 for easy math again). So for $160 you get 11 cards or 17,600 points. Take that and divide by 160 makes every dollar you spent equal to 110 points instead of 80. So you make out an extra 30 points every dollar or essentially a 37.5% savings.

At least that's how it makes the most sense to me, but everyone is different.

But I would not always consider a 37.5% savings on a normal price game to be a DotW price. I consider DotW discounts to be worthy at 50% and in RARE RARE cases 33%, but I usually pass on the 33% discounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a big difference, but the initial cost upfront is a good bit higher which is one reason I am not that interested in taking part since it would mean $160 out of pocket.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']also aren't msp taxed even though psn cards aren't? I also wonder if Portal2/MK will take $10 off all cards or only one.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your state. In FL MSP and PSN cards aren't taxed, as far as I know they aren't taxed in most states.

The answer we have is $10 off one card, even if you buy MK and Portal 2 together you still only get $10 off 1 card.

[quote name='GBAstar']Agreed, I've noticed (and for good reason) that SHC-Gamer and other Kmart reps have purposely avoided or at least delayed answering (confirming) any questions relating to a possible deal explotation that would more then likely not be profitable to Kmart.

I can't imagine that Kmart sees any profit from $180 worth of PSN cards being purchased for $120

I think the intention of this deal was to sell physical gaming inventory not PSN/XBL cards[/QUOTE]

Thats definately the case. The inclusion of point cards was to help people buying MK/P2 get over the $120 hump which a bit of an incentive ($10 off the points which is nice). Now its a completely different story with everyone wanting to buy a half dozen cards and ignoring any of the games.

hopefully with the deal being announced so far in advance they can include some workaround that doesn't print the coupon if more than $60 of the $120 spent is on points cards or something.

Last edited:
If it were Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc I think you guys would be less critical.

Regardless, it won't ruin anything. It's within the "rules" of the deal, and the vast majority of people going into Kmart and taking advantage of the deal won't make it an all points card purchase.

Meh I'm just saying any retailer that sees taking a $40-50 loss per receipt on an exploit for a deal is going to pull back on that deal. Just like kmart pulled back on the coupons when people were exploiting them and redeeming them multiple times.

Unless there's a prior agreed deal (Like the 1/2 off with purchase of portal/mk most likely is) on the points cards kmart probably pays Sony/MS/Nintendo/The prepaid distributor 90% or more of the cost of those cards, very little is profit.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to buy point cards at all for the deal but there should be a limit.

I probably would be less critical because BB, Target, Walmart, etc are not where I'm getting 9/10 of my new release games for ~$40 on release. If this impacts kmart/SHC-Gamer's ability to offer that in the future, yeah i'm upset.

I just hope they put some kind of limitations on it by that week. Most retailers won't give any discounts or allow points cards to be used as software.

can anybody from kmart confirm that the $15+$45 coupon deal can be used multiple times yet?

I know it was mentioned that people would only get it once, but seriously you guys have gotten a good 85-90% of my video game purchases for the past year, plus the business from any friends with me. So I know that with at least two big release dates (4/17 with socom 4, mk, and portal 2; and the day with LA Norie and Brink) falling within the promotion brackett that you are going to at least let us use the deal twice, possibly more so that I can take some of those bargain bin games off your hands.

[quote name='brewin']Why not just buy some damn games and utilize the deal as it was intended? If people keep trying to find exploits to the deals I'm pretty sure they'll just pull the plug on it altogether. Personally, I am hoping to score a couple of $40 sale games (crysis 2 and nfs shift 2) along with a $50 game in order to
score the coupons. Or maybe grab some GH/PH games ive been holding out on.[/QUOTE]

Im really hoping Crysis 2 is on sale for 40 dollars during this coupon sale period. Perfect price point for it.

Also your rite, the real purpose of this deal is buy 120 dollars of "GAME SOFTWARE." PSN cards and Live point cards are not software. It was nice of Josh to even give us a 50% off card so we can get over a deal barrier.

Personally if C2 goes on sale, ill pick it up along with tomb raider trilogy and prince of persia and get a 10 dollar title or another.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Im really hoping Crysis 2 is on sale for 40 dollars during this coupon sale period. Perfect price point for it.

Also your rite, the real purpose of this deal is buy 120 dollars of "GAME SOFTWARE." PSN cards and Live point cards are not software. It was nice of Josh to even give us a 50% off card so we can get over a deal barrier.

Personally if C2 goes on sale, ill pick it up along with tomb raider trilogy and prince of persia and get a 10 dollar title or another.[/QUOTE]

are point cards game hardware?

MSP cards are not gift certificates, that is why they are taxed. I have looked at this every which way but north-south and MSP cards are not gift certificates or game hardware. What exactly are they?

I personally won't be taking part in this deal because there is nothing I am looking for during the promo period.

The reason why I wouldn't care if it was BB, WM, Target is because they aren't Josh/Stockboy/Ad Monsters employers. The three of them have single handedly done everything in their power to give us the best deals they possibly can. Yes they want to make money, but that's all businesses, but they have done it while still giving amazing deals to gamers.

Not only that but they have a presence on CAG and knowing that I have contributed to helping create/sustain deals makes it feel even more wrong to abuse their kindness. As the saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']can anybody from kmart confirm that the $15+$45 coupon deal can be used multiple times yet?

I know it was mentioned that people would only get it once, but seriously you guys have gotten a good 85-90% of my video game purchases for the past year, plus the business from any friends with me. So I know that with at least two big release dates (4/17 with socom 4, mk, and portal 2; and the day with LA Norie and Brink) falling within the promotion brackett that you are going to at least let us use the deal twice, possibly more so that I can take some of those bargain bin games off your hands.[/QUOTE]

It was confirmed early on that the $60 offer is a limit of 1 offer per SYWR account.

It has also been confirmed that $20 PSN cards and $19.99 MSP cards count toward the $120 spending requirement, but it has NOT yet been confirmed whether only the first card counts, or any number of cards would count so long as they are not $50 cards.

It is confirmed that $50 cards, all other gaming accessories & hardware do not count.

It is confirmed that the $60 offer comes in the form of a $15 coupon + a $45 coupon, and that those coupons are only good for 4 weeks, not the usual 45 days.

And honestly, I believe that Kmart makes a larger profit on stored-value cards than they do on packaged retail games themselves, so I see no reason why they wouldn't want us to purchase >$120 worth of high-margin cards under this deal.

Personally, because MSP cards are non-refundable, I will wait until other people report here that they successfully bought multiple cards and got the coupons, and then I will go and buy 7 of them. I will then hope for a $39.99 deal on Tiger Woods 12 to occur during the next 4 weeks, or as a backup plan, I'll buy LA Noire if it comes with at least a $20 coupon/discount on release week.

[quote name='vlv723']I tried buying Shift 2 this morning and it rung up full price. The promo is this week from what Stock Boy said.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this myself. I see the 360 version is sold out online. Is the 39.99 price for in store purchases as well?

[quote name='gamerdogbert']It was confirmed early on that the $60 offer is a limit of 1 offer per SYWR account.

It has also been confirmed that $20 PSN cards and $19.99 MSP cards count toward the $120 spending requirement, but it has NOT yet been confirmed whether only the first card counts, or any number of cards would count so long as they are not $50 cards.

It is confirmed that $50 cards, all other gaming accessories & hardware do not count.

It is confirmed that the $60 offer comes in the form of a $15 coupon + a $45 coupon, and that those coupons are only good for 4 weeks, not the usual 45 days.

And honestly, I believe that Kmart makes a larger profit on stored-value cards than they do on packaged retail games themselves, so I see no reason why they wouldn't want us to purchase >$120 worth of high-margin cards under this deal.

Personally, because MSP cards are non-refundable, I will wait until other people report here that they successfully bought multiple cards and got the coupons, and then I will go and buy 7 of them. I will then hope for a $39.99 deal on Tiger Woods 12 to occur during the next 4 weeks, or as a backup plan, I'll buy LA Noire if it comes with at least a $20 coupon/discount on release week.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure it was confirmed that it was limited to 1 coupon transaction per SYWR account? I thought that was just a possible early possibility. I think he also said he would post all official rules 2 days prior to the deal. I find it interesting that the points cards questions have been avoided, and I don't agree with anyone saying we should just buy games only.

Anyone on this site would scoop up some games if they were priced wrong, say $19.99 instead of $39.99. Would they go up to the register and say, "Excuse me, but these games should be $39.99". NOOOOO. Buying the cards at MSRP and getting the coupons doesn't even compare to the integrity level of the first scenario, so I don't feel bad by the slightest margin.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume that since these are activated at the register kmart sees very little profit from these things unless something is worked out with the stored value card company or Sony/MS/Nintendo. They probably work just like the prepaid phone or gift cards. Margins were very low on points back in 2006 when I worked retail. Only a dollar or two per 1600 point card. So kmart making about $8 on someone buying $120 in cards and then handing out a $60 coupon is not good business.

Retail software is around $10 profit margin aside from any special deals josh works out.

Hope it gets limited to one card for the promotion.

[quote name='vlv723']I tried buying Shift 2 this morning and it rung up full price. The promo is this week from what Stock Boy said.[/QUOTE]

Register might not have been updated.
Give it another try tomorrow.

[quote name='kaydigi']If anybody comes across a Pink ZUNE. It dropped from $249.99 to $9.99[/QUOTE]

what! i'd pick one up for the hell of it at $10.

how many gigs?

You need the SYWR to get the deal and the only things that add to the $120 pre-tax total is software and $20 PSN/XBL cards (we know at least 1, but unsure how many you can buy toward the 120 total). You can use the $60 coupon on anything game related.

[quote name='kaydigi']If anybody comes across a Pink ZUNE. It dropped from $249.99 to $9.99[/QUOTE]
Where the hell do you see that?

Hey, can someone point me toward a post with THIS week's deals, if any? I know Josh is out of the country and thus the OP isn't updated. I just see last week and next week's deals. Anything of note for this week? Thanks!

[quote name='DJP519']Hey, can someone point me toward a post with THIS week's deals, if any? I know Josh is out of the country and thus the OP isn't updated. I just see last week and next week's deals. Anything of note for this week? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Shift 2 and Dragon Age 2 are both 39.99. And in the ad they have some new Kinetic games with a $10 coupon.

Regarding the upcoming coupon deal, I believe I recall one of them saying that the promotion cannot be altered at this point. Whatever the minute details are, they apparently can't retool them now.

It makes sense that they aren't laying out all of the specifics yet. We are, after all, discussing a promotion that hasn't been officially announced, just revealed in preview form on Facebook. Competition can be nasty, and those trying to make a decision on Portal 2 needed either to know what to expect or play it safe with a competitor's deal.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You need the SYWR to get the deal and the only things that add to the $120 pre-tax total is software and $20 PSN/XBL cards (we know at least 1, but unsure how many you can buy toward the 120 total). You can use the $60 coupon on anything game related.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Really just trying to keep a look out for a deal on a ps plus three month card because I have exactly 45 dollars in my psn account for the extended warranty. Probably gonna wait for portal to get discounted on its own. I don't want anything to distract me from my rockstar fix next month. These credit deals are ingeniously tempting.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Where the hell do you see that?[/QUOTE]

The electronics clearance list. It prints every sunday, there were game drops today also. Only one I recall were both Wii systems $149.99 but still marked as clearance. Josh may have not posted it because of his trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back