SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, congrats on the Cheapy awards SHC.

Note that you have robbed me of the highly coveted Speedy1961 Deal Buster award. You probably didn't even notice, but you can trust that this will not soon be forgotten.

We wants it. We neeeds it..

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']CAG Community- I am not sure if Josh posted this update here in CAG, or through Kmartgamer or his other social media outlets, but in order to qualify for the $15 and $45 gaming coupons starting this Sunday, you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member in order to generate the coupons. It was not originally set up this way, but recently was altered to be SYWR only. Make sure you provide your SYWR card at checkout next week. Thank you[/QUOTE]

I'm out, heh.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']CAG Community- I am not sure if Josh posted this update here in CAG, or through Kmartgamer or his other social media outlets, but in order to qualify for the $15 and $45 gaming coupons starting this Sunday, you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member in order to generate the coupons. It was not originally set up this way, but recently was altered to be SYWR only. Make sure you provide your SYWR card at checkout next week. Thank you[/QUOTE]
So this just means you need to have the SYWR plastic card and have them scan that during checkout, correct?

[quote name='Shagrath']So this just means you need to have the SYWR plastic card and have them scan that during checkout, correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct

Yeah the plastic card, or your phone number or registration email works AFAIK.

I'm assuming that they're doing this to try and stop exploitation of the system like what happened before. Not sure why you wouldn't have the card anyway... you don't even need to give them any real info and you get free store credit.

It is FREE to be a SYWR member and you earn points on ever $1 you spend, plus you can earn bonus points for special promotions. You can redeem your points in store and online. All you need is to provide your card, phone number, or your email address.

If someone can clarify I'd appreciate it. Next week I want to get.

2- Portal 2 $119.98
1- XBL Point Card $19.99
= $139.97 + Tax

Would this qualify for the for $15 + $45 gaming coupon promotion? I also have a $20 coupon from Tiger Woods 12 that I'd like to use if it won't affect the above promotion.

[quote name='TC']If someone can clarify I'd appreciate it. Next week I want to get.

2- Portal 2 $119.98
1- XBL Point Card $19.99
= $139.97 + Tax

Would this qualify for the for $15 + $45 gaming coupon promotion? I also have a $20 coupon from Tiger Woods 12 that I'd like to use if it won't affect the above promotion.[/QUOTE]

It would qualify and it would be 129.97 since you get a $10 discount on the points card

Re: the Wii price drop

The Kmart clearance list that's been posted in this thread is being used for evidence of the Wii price drop, even though it's been clarified that that list is just clearancing older SKUs.

Not that there won't be a price drop, but the only evidence so far is Engadget's "trusted source."

Can someone please update the OP with the newest deals?
I went back 10 pages and I still clearly dont get what the deal is for next week let alone this week.
I just want to get Portal 2.

[quote name='veedubkid']Can someone please update the OP with the newest deals?
I went back 10 pages and I still clearly dont get what the deal is for next week let alone this week.
I just want to get Portal 2.[/QUOTE]

If you buy Portal 2 you will get a $15 coupon. If you want to add a $20 XBLA/PSN card to the order, you can get the card for half price.

[quote name='dino88']If you buy Portal 2 you will get a $15 coupon. If you want to add a $20 XBLA/PSN card to the order, you can get the card for half price.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dino. Much Appreciated.
So basically $70+ out of pocket for game/card/15 coupon future use?

Is there any buzz around Hunted: Demon's Forge?

We're looking at plans for May and I don't know much about this game. Seems like it might have some trouble with a few crowded weeks sandwiched between LA Noire, FEAR 3, Red Faction, and Infamous 2.

Is this game expected to do well?

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']I can officially say only 1 card per transaction is how I loaded the promotion.[/QUOTE]

Heya Ad Monster (or stock boy?),

Is that one card total, or could I get one PSN card and done XBL card for $10 each?

[quote name='GPrime101']Heya Ad Monster (or stock boy?),

Is that one card total, or could I get one PSN card and done XBL card for $10 each?[/QUOTE]

If you get 2 copies of Portal 2 you could only get 1 card discounted, not 2.

But, if you picked up MK and Portal 2 in the same transaction you would be able to get 2 cards discounted...basically for each deal you choose to partake in you can get 1 card discounted no matter how many copies of the same game you buy.

So max of 2 cards discounted to $10 each only if you buy MK and Portal 2 if that makes sense.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']If you get 2 copies of Portal 2 you could only get 1 card discounted, not 2.

But, if you picked up MK and Portal 2 in the same transaction you would be able to get 2 cards discounted...basically for each deal you choose to partake in you can get 1 card discounted no matter how many copies of the same game you buy.

So max of 2 cards discounted to $10 each only if you buy MK and Portal 2 if that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response! Totally makes sense. I wasn't sure if the different SKU's for PS3 vs 360 would be enough to trigger the discount for 2 cards... And I just realized I didn't clarify that I was thinking of getting two Portal 2's in my original question.

And while you're here, do you know if there's a possibility for deals on the Prince of Persia and/or Tomb Raider trilogies in the time range of the $120 coupons?

Ah, nice. It was suggested before that you'd only get the discount once when buying MK and P2 together. This clarification is welcome news.

[quote name='GPrime101']Thanks for the quick response! Totally makes sense. I wasn't sure if the different SKU's for PS3 vs 360 would be enough to trigger the discount for 2 cards... And I just realized I didn't clarify that I was thinking of getting two Portal 2's in my original question.

And while you're here, do you know if there's a possibility for deals on the Prince of Persia and/or Tomb Raider trilogies in the time range of the $120 coupons?[/QUOTE]

Nope, there are no specific deals towards the trilogies next week.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nope, there are no specific deals towards the trilogies next week.[/QUOTE]

Clearance list ??? Pretty please

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Is there any buzz around Hunted: Demon's Forge?

We're looking at plans for May and I don't know much about this game. Seems like it might have some trouble with a few crowded weeks sandwiched between LA Noire, FEAR 3, Red Faction, and Infamous 2.

Is this game expected to do well?[/QUOTE]

I'll be getting it. Would prefer to get it from Kmart rather than elsewhere. I don;t expect it to generate big numbers though.

[quote name='bredbu']Clearance list ??? Pretty please[/QUOTE]

Sorry, don't have it easily available (nor do I have the time to type each one out in a post which I'd rather have Josh add to his earlier posts). Not much has been added to the last update Josh made unless you like Nintendo's Wario Land for $29.99 or Punch Out for $29.99. I think we also had a few older Nintendo $29.99 titles dropped to $19.99 but these are not clearance, we can only drop the price for a little time.

[quote name='maverikm']I'll be getting it. Would prefer to get it from Kmart rather than elsewhere. I don;t expect it to generate big numbers though.[/QUOTE]

If you wanted to pretend to have my job for today what do you think would be a comparable title sales-wise and genre-wise that has come out in the past 2 years?

Basically for all new releases I have to come up with sales estimates for us and we usually base it off of like titles, similar offers, or recent trends. I'm just afraid there is too much else going on around this release.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']If you wanted to pretend to have my job for today what do you think would be a comparable title sales-wise and genre-wise that has come out in the past 2 years?

Basically for all new releases I have to come up with sales estimates for us and we usually base it off of like titles, similar offers, or recent trends. I'm just afraid there is too much else going on around this release.[/QUOTE]

My guess would be Knight's Contract, Divinity II, Arcania Gothic 4 and games of that ilk. Not huge numbers at all. Of course having the Bethesda Softworls name attached to it may generate slightly higher numbers.

[/QUOTE]

This is the first I've ever heard of this game.

So what are each of these coupons good for? Games only or anything in the store? Also do I have to be a SYWR card holder for this deal to be in effect?

I'm looking to buy both MK and Portal 2 plus 2 $20 xbla cards one with each game. Someone please help me to understand the way Kmart does their promotions. I don't normally buy games there.

I'm almost ready to have BB match TRUs deal on both of these games and be done with the hassle.

[quote name='maverikm']My guess would be Knight's Contract, Divinity II, Arcania Gothic 4 and games of that ilk. Not huge numbers at all. Of course having the Bethesda Softworls name attached to it may generate slightly higher numbers.[/QUOTE]
I have no idea what the sales numbers are for those games, but I cant believe that Demon Forge wont sell more, unless it comes out with reviews like Rogue Warrior.

Congrats to the SHC team. As to Hunted: Demon's Forge, I'm in for 2 early on. kinda looks like Gears or army of 2 mixed with Oblivion and or Baulder's gate. looks like a fun updated dungeon style rpg to me anyway.

I think Demons forge will be much bigger.
Its got Bethesdas name on it.
Yes, I realize Wet, and Rogue warrior did to, but this looks to be more up their alley in terms of quality.
Probably not as big as Dragon Age but close hopefully. I'm going to buy it, unless there's some ghastly news abut it between now and release.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Right, I know the May rumor and what is going to happen but that list that was posted is a clearance list of discontinued Wiis that is active today...not in the future. So you could go to a Kmart today and get the old versions for $150 or you could get the current ones for $200.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. I'm not sure if I should wait for a possible price drop in May or if I should try to track down a clearanced model at Kmart. I want to replace my kids' Wii since my 4 year-old broke the one we have by pulling it off the shelf after tripping on a Gamecube controller.

I have been waiting for this game since I seen the trailers. It might be one sleeper hit, but I know for a fact I am getting it with my girlfriend, and a friend of mine will be buying day one.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nope, there are no specific deals towards the trilogies next week.[/QUOTE]

I figured next week was out. Is there a chance that there might be a deal sometime during the month after that, before the 15+45 coupons expire? Since it sounds like K-Mart isn't going to carry FFIV:CC, I was hoping to be able to use the coupons on the trilogies.

Thanks again, and congrats to you all on the Cheapy awards!

I would agree that Hunted: Demon Forge will be less than Dragon Age, but more than Two Worlds 2, Acania, and the ilk. It had a big presence at PAX East, so I think Bethesda is behind it. What are your expectations for LOTR War in the North ( I know it's still a long way out, but...). It's a similar game and swaps the LOTR brand for the Bethesda brand. I don't know if it's relevant to compare it to older generation titles like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath. There is a significant segment of poeple looking for these kind Action RPG games, in my mind the genre extends from Diablo on one side and Dragon Age 2 on the other, with the Euro RPGs in the middle.

It's a crowded genre this year with Dragon Age 2, Hunted: DF, LOTR: WintN, and Dungeon Siege 3.

I was at Pax east and played both LOTR war in the north and Hunted. Hunted was terrible, which I was upset about because I was interested in it. It was really bad though.

LOTR which was even a more unfinished version than hunted played pretty well, and was really enjoyable.

[quote name='havoksend']I was at Pax east and played both LOTR war in the north and Hunted. Hunted was terrible, which I was upset about because I was interested in it. It was really bad though.

LOTR which was even a more unfinished version than hunted played pretty well, and was really enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, at first I wasn't about to believe you as the way you worded your sentence made it sound to me like you were saying both LOTR WinN and Hunted were terrtible..which i was gonna call bull from the simple fact of who's making the game (snowblind baby!) but then you turned it around and said it played well. So I do believe you in that statement xD and am very sad that Hunted played like crap..hopefully it is not so when it is finished...but yay for hearing LOTR is shaping up to me an amzing game

I havent read much of anything good about it. It wont do well unless it is surprisingly good and I really doubt it will be. I read a few previews (of beta builds) and there were some pretty negative comments on it.

Having said that I'm extremely interested in that type of game, just not this one in particular at the moment. Hoping Dungeon Siege or Lord Of The Rings will be better.

[quote name='gave1']Hunted Demon's Forge looks really interesting to me. I am hoping for some good reviews.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

I think the game looks cool as hell.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']If you wanted to pretend to have my job for today what do you think would be a comparable title sales-wise and genre-wise that has come out in the past 2 years?

Basically for all new releases I have to come up with sales estimates for us and we usually base it off of like titles, similar offers, or recent trends. I'm just afraid there is too much else going on around this release.[/QUOTE]
That's actually a really interesting comparison question. I think what it really maps to is something like the Kane & Lynch games. There is a heavy co-op emphasis. It will have some marketing and name recognition behind it (Bethesda), but not too much, especially during its release time window. It seems like it would be an interesting fresh take on something (Gears of War meets fantasy RPG), but won't prove to be revolutionary. It will be less polished than it should have been.

I have played it twice now, at the last two PAX events, and while it has improved from Prime to East, it still feels off somehow. Sometimes hard to tell what to do, where to go, or how to help your partner. Not really visually arresting either.

I would love to see some sort of deal on it, especially one that could let me get two copies cheap (for co-op with my wife), but I don't expect many good offers around its release. Maybe a fast price drop.

With the Portal 2 & Mortal Kombat deal (Kmart details upcoming Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat deals and more - National Console Gaming | Examiner.com ), What I'm wondering is if someone could go ahead and try this method to only pay $45 for 2 games.

What if someone bough all 3 deals = about $130. Go to a different K-Mart, return both of the games and get $120 back. Than use the giftcard and buy another one of the games (which is now free). Since I got one game, I would get a $15 giftcard. Use that to buy another one of the games and I would only spend $45.

Doubt it'll work but just wondering? I already got my paid off at Gamestop so won't be going anywhere to get it but wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yigytugd']With the Portal 2 & Mortal Kombat deal (Kmart details upcoming Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat deals and more - National Console Gaming | Examiner.com ), What I'm wondering is if after you buy it all and stack the deals, can you just return the games and get $120 back?

My plan is to buy all 3 deals = about $130. Go to a different K-Mart, return both of the games and get $120 back. Than use the giftcard and buy another one of the games (which is now free). Since I got one game, I would get a $15 giftcard. Use that to buy another one of the games and I would only spend $45.[/QUOTE]

lmao...i love special people :p

[quote name='Yigytugd']With the Portal 2 & Mortal Kombat deal (Kmart details upcoming Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat deals and more - National Console Gaming | Examiner.com ), What I'm wondering is if after you buy it all and stack the deals, can you just return the games and get $120 back?

My plan is to buy all 3 deals = about $130. Go to a different K-Mart, return both of the games and get $120 back. Than use the giftcard and buy another one of the games (which is now free). Since I got one game, I would get a $15 giftcard. Use that to buy another one of the games and I would only spend $45.[/QUOTE]

That's great, come on the official Kmartgamer thread and talk about trying to exploit / fraud their system. People like you are the reason they had to change the way they do coupons. Nice, real nice...

I sure as hell hope they fixed that return with/without receipt when items came with giftcards/bonus. I laugh when these scammers only get their money back minus the value of the giftcard/bonus and are now forced to use the giftcard and not be getting their cash back. It really riles me up when SHC-gamer comes up with these awesome deals and there are some people who just want to take it to the next step (fraud) and keep the bonus while returning the items that begot the bonus. Just plain shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back