SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cardsharkrob']I am just wondering, why doe Kmart not offer Price matching?[/QUOTE]

Kmart doe not offer price matching because that costs them money. Instead of giving an extra 40 cents off some shampoo to someone they focus on their own discounts.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm assuming that the $60 in coupons ($45 + $15) will not allows any of us to get a "FREE" new release game as the game will only cost $59.99 so we would essentially have to buy something else to be able to stack those coupons...

this really was a creative way for Kmart to disguise this as a B2G1.

I'm not trying to point out the negative because I will certainly pick up $120+ worth of titles next week but I don't think I'll get any of the new releases their or use the coupons on new releases because I don't think that's the best way to maximize this promotion..

but who knows[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me - it prints out as two coupons. I'll probably use the higher priced one towards LA Noir or Brink and the smaller priced one towards Dead or Alive Dimensions or something. Two games i was going to buy anyway. Doesn't make it any less of a value because it went towards two products instead of one.

Last edited:
It's not a $60 coupon though, so it's not like they are making you buy something over $60 in one go- you could easily use them for the next few weeks of releases- $15 here, $45 there.

That said, i'm passing on the deal- there are too many moving parts between the SYWR card, the coupons, point cards, new releases, and the filler item to break the $120 mark.

Yeah the 60 dollars in coupons I will use towards Lego:pirates and Brink, then those coupons that will probably come with them, I will use towards LA Noire

Best Buys Portal 2 just dropped to 44.99 and just sold me on it. I dont even want MK and im getting $20 back with BB with a $45 purchase

Don't care about Portal, but anyone know if they're going to have the Tournament Edition MK package? Just saw the regular & collector's versions on the site.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Don't care about Portal, but anyone know if they're going to have the Tournament Edition MK package? Just saw the regular & collector's versions on the site.[/QUOTE]

Nope :(

[quote name='Midnight Express']I'm guessing someone is not expecting Hunted: The Demon's Forge to sell without a price cut. TRU has it preorder for $19.99 (PS3) and $29.99 (Xbox 360) so maybe Kmart will put out a great deal on it.[/QUOTE]

I hope some of you got in on this, Bethesda tells me it was a mistake by TRU and they could have lost some serious money since they would have been selling each at a $20 - $30 loss.

I actually prefer this coupon promotion to a B2G1. It's very rare that I want to buy three full-priced games all at once. I prefer being able to spread it across lower-priced Wii, DS, 3DS, and reduced-price games as well as brand new ones (or accessories when valid).

If I end up spending $120+ in MS points (7 cards or 6 and a cheap game), I can guarantee that I will spend those coupons on more points. I am a whore for MS points and I need MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE...
Can you tell I'm low on points? Daddy needs his Rock Band songs.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']If I end up spending $120+ in MS points (7 cards or 6 and a cheap game), I can guarantee that I will spend those coupons on more points. I am a whore for MS points and I need MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE...
Can you tell I'm low on points? Daddy needs his Rock Band songs.[/QUOTE]
Pretty weird.

[quote name='AcidRain25']That still doesn’t explain everything. Yes it says if you only want the PC version you can sell the PS3 version and for the most part get the game for free. That forum says you enter the code ingame on the PS3, but on the Steam website(https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388) it says you can enter the code on your Steam account. And its also not made clear if you 100% have to link your PSN ID to your Steam account an order to use the code. And if you do have to link accounts, can you do that using Steam or do need the PS3 disc? Of course they are going to tell you that you need to link accounts because the whole point of the thing is to get new Steam users from the PS3 community. Tired of reading about it, ill just wait till release day and I will have my answer.[/QUOTE]

Anyone felt it is almost not worth the trouble as they almost seems like want you to jump through infinte loop to get the pc code

Also....not everyone like muilt-player. Fir example I play muiltplayer on as:b and nfs: hp2 for 1 hr and never touch it for muiltplayer ever again. Then again, my plan was to get the ps3 version and get thew poc code and then trade the portal 2 ps3 on goozex... where people are less anal about muilt-player ..

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I hope some of you got in on this, Bethesda tells me it was a mistake by TRU and they could have lost some serious money since they would have been selling each at a $20 - $30 loss.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and ordered to see what will happen. If I get it for that price, score! if it gets cancelled, then at least I tried. Either way, no harm done.

I'm already guessing this is a no, as it is primarily an accessory as opposed to a game, but would the Dual Shock 3 + Game Combos count toward the $120 for the $60 in coupons?

[quote name='Stimes']Sorry if it's been asked but on Sunday if I buy a 4000 Microsoft Points at $49.99 would I get the $15 dollar coupon?[/QUOTE]

No, only the ~$20 cards count toward the coupons.

So if I buy Ghost Trick and a 1600 points card, I'll be 2 cents short of 40. Does anybody have any recommendations for cheap game?

[quote name='DarthWoo']I'm already guessing this is a no, as it is primarily an accessory as opposed to a game, but would the Dual Shock 3 + Game Combos count toward the $120 for the $60 in coupons?[/QUOTE]

I asked this before and Josh said that they don't :(

[quote name='ARCorr']So if I buy Ghost Trick and a 1600 points card, I'll be 2 cents short of 40. Does anybody have any recommendations for cheap game?[/QUOTE]

If you can find it, ac/dc track pack is 5 bucks. I think I'll get that an two 1600 point cards I guess.

That $120 deal sounds good, but I wish the whole penny filler part would be clarified. I like PSN credit, but not $120 worth...

Nevertheless, I think I'll bite on the $40 deal, have a gaming coupon left from WWEAS, and I need credit for Arcana Heart coming out on Tuesday ($29.99).

ARCANA HEART!

Getting a PSN card for that as well. Lots of arcana heart 3 players here.

And they all talk shit about the capcom fans.. cause they're more legit with their anime games, lol.

I love ah3 though. Played the japanese version a bit.

[quote name='ARCorr']So if I buy Ghost Trick and a 1600 points card, I'll be 2 cents short of 40. Does anybody have any recommendations for cheap game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm looking to do the same by buying Crysis 2. 1 cent short of the coupon!

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Is there any buzz around Hunted: Demon's Forge?

We're looking at plans for May and I don't know much about this game. Seems like it might have some trouble with a few crowded weeks sandwiched between LA Noire, FEAR 3, Red Faction, and Infamous 2.

Is this game expected to do well?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I wouldn't compare this games upcoming sales rankings to a current title. I would compare it to Gauntlet or Hunter: The Reckoning for the Xbox or PS2. All are dungeon crawlers with rpg elements. I would give it some faith based on the Bethesda name and coop which is the selling point for myself and my brother for 360 copies of the game. If I had to pick one game in the last two years that came out with similar concepts including coop would be Sacred 2 for the 360 and PS3 which sold well at Gamestop where I work. I can see Hunted: DF selling a million plus pretty easily with all the push on Xbox Live, websites having a ton of coverage for it and I think that there are many people that will get the game for coop specifically. Sell better than Fear 3 and Infamous 2, on par with Red Faction and far below LA Noire. I don't expect LA Noire to do the same sales as say, Red Dead last year, especially with no multiplayer and a slower, smaller, shorter campaign. The better game to compare LA Noire to will be Mafia II, though it will likely outperform Mafia II on all the hype alone. So Hunted will do well, obviously depending on critical reception it could do very well among other titles in the same timeframe. Brink will easily be the standout knockdown hit this year that Borderlands was in fall of 2008. Brink is going to surprise all the people not following it, tons of hype there. It just happens to be another Bethesda game too ;P

SHC-Stock Boy:

Is Kmart going to sell Portal 2 at $59.99? Most other retailers (except gamestop I'm sure) will have it at a reduced price. Best Buy and TRU are currently both showing $49.99 for PS3/360. That may only be an online or preorder price but I'm assuming someone will have it sub $50 on release day

I checked back a couple pages (not many, I will admit) and didn't see anything regarding it. I've been out of the loop on this thread since the 3DS launch.
What will happen if we were to use SYWR points on this deal? For some reason I thought right when the deal was announced and all the initial questions were getting asked, someone asked if they got $120 worth of games and used their points against the purchase, would they still get the coupons? And I thought Josh said yes.
I can't remember for sure though and I can't remember how many pages back the announcement was.

You can use SYWR points and coupons on this promotion without it affecting your eligibility for the coupons. You will earn the coupons for your software (and ~$20 point card) purchase totaling $40 or $120, and after that your methods of payment don't matter. (Note that ~$50 point cards do NOT count toward the total - they were not keyed for the promotion.)

Any discounts inherent to the purchase (sale price, clearance price, saving $10 on a point card) do not add to the total. That is, a game that is usually $59.99 but on sale for $39.99 will only count as $39.99 toward your total.

[quote name='DPsycho']You can use SYWR points and coupons on this promotion without it affecting your eligibility for the coupons. You will earn the coupons for your software (and ~$20 point card) purchase totaling $40 or $120, and after that your methods of payment don't matter. (Note that ~$50 point cards do NOT count toward the total - they were not keyed for the promotion.)

Any discounts inherent to the purchase (sale price, clearance price, saving $10 on a point card) do not add to the total. That is, a game that is usually $59.99 but on sale for $39.99 will only count as $39.99 toward your total.[/QUOTE]
Okay, cool. Thanks. Like I said, I thought I remembered Josh addressing it.
I've got $35-$40 worth of points and was debating getting DA2 today or saving them for the event on Tues. Not sure what to get on Tues though, or how many MS point cards. Can't say I am too interested in Mortal Kombat. But I'll probably pick it up anyway.

[quote name='GBAstar']SHC-Stock Boy:

Is Kmart going to sell Portal 2 at $59.99? Most other retailers (except gamestop I'm sure) will have it at a reduced price. Best Buy and TRU are currently both showing $49.99 for PS3/360. That may only be an online or preorder price but I'm assuming someone will have it sub $50 on release day[/QUOTE]I asked Josh this question on Facebook a while back and he said they'll be "keeping Valve happy" (or something to that effect :)) and selling it at $59.99.

I wish people would avoid having broken links and GIANT animated gifs as signatures.

We all want things, see? ;)

I think he's in china all week. Or something.

So apparently Dragon Age II is on sale for $39.99 right now. Since when has this been going on? The OP isn't being updated and I'm having to dig through this thread to find the deals. Just curious as to how long this deal will last.

[quote name='jer7583']I wish people would avoid having broken links and GIANT animated gifs as signatures.

We all want things, see? ;)

I think he's in china all week. Or something.[/QUOTE]

When I used to have dial-up I'd google CAG to get the archived version that only had text. It was so much faster without the pictures, but the threads would be kind of old. Wish there was an option here such as a viewing preference that could turn threads or the entire CAG website into the archived/text version.

Just one more day until I get to get back on the coupon train. :cool:

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']When I used to have dial-up I'd google CAG to get the archived version that only had text. It was so much faster without the pictures, but the threads would be kind of old. Wish there was an option here such as a viewing preference that could turn threads or the entire CAG website into the archived/text version.

Just one more day until I get to get back on the coupon train. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You can choose to not show signatures. That and increasing the default # of posts shown improves the CAG experience greatly for me.

I'm also looking forward to the coupon train. I've been scouting the bargain games for my $120 plan.

[quote name='DPsycho']No, only the ~$20 cards count toward the coupons.[/QUOTE]

What's all this about then ?? What deal are all of you talking about? It's not on the OP...?

[quote name='SativaSam']So apparently Dragon Age II is on sale for $39.99 right now. Since when has this been going on? The OP isn't being updated and I'm having to dig through this thread to find the deals. Just curious as to how long this deal will last.[/QUOTE]

Today's the last day.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I wish the top of the thread would list current deals.[/QUOTE]

I wish people could read.

Now, if you actually read the OP and are saying that, then I must modify my statement to say I wish people could comprehend what they read.

The OP is out until 4/18. Is there something difficult about that statement?

For everyone else complaining about the deal - go purchase it elsewhere. The deal is set and is not changing, including the prices. Josh has been cranking out the best deals he can and if you want MK, Portal, and Socom then this is the best deal by far assuming you can wait a week or two on one of the games.

[quote name='jmbreci']i wish people could read.

Now, if you actually read the op and are saying that, then i must modify my statement to say i wish people could comprehend what they read.

The op is out until 4/18. Is there something difficult about that statement?

For everyone else complaining about the deal - go purchase it elsewhere. The deal is set and is not changing, including the prices. Josh has been cranking out the best deals he can and if you want mk, portal, and socom then this is the best deal by far assuming you can wait a week or two on one of the games.[/quote]
*beep* *beep*

fresh mouth alert!

*beep* *beep*

[quote name='wune']What's all this about then ?? What deal are all of you talking about? It's not on the OP...?[/QUOTE]

The deal that starts tomorrow and runs for a week where you can earn a pair of coupons ($15 and $45) with a software purchase totaling $40 or $120. It's not in the OP because it's not yet implemented, though you can find the announcement by following the Facebook link there.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']*beep* *beep*

fresh mouth alert!

*beep* *beep*[/QUOTE]

Did you have something constructive to say about that post?

I plan on picking up Mortal Kombat, a PSN card, Final Fantasy IV complete, a 1600 MS points card, and something cheap (perhaps R-Type for PSP?) to break the $120. Then I'll use most of the $60 credit to get my roommate a 4000 MS points card for his b-day...aaaand I'll still have $10 left over in credit to use in the future. Sounds like a great deal to me.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I plan on picking up Mortal Kombat, a PSN card, Final Fantasy IV complete, a 1600 MS points card, and something cheap (perhaps R-Type for PSP?) to break the $120. Then I'll use most of the $60 credit to get my roommate a 4000 MS points card for his b-day...aaaand I'll still have $10 left over in credit to use in the future. Sounds like a great deal to me.[/QUOTE]

You might already know, but you get a $15 and $45 coupon with the deal. Not credit. So you could use the $45 coupon on the points card and pay the difference, but you won't be able to use $50 exactly.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I plan on picking up Mortal Kombat, a PSN card, Final Fantasy IV complete, a 1600 MS points card, and something cheap (perhaps R-Type for PSP?) to break the $120. Then I'll use most of the $60 credit to get my roommate a 4000 MS points card for his b-day...aaaand I'll still have $10 left over in credit to use in the future. Sounds like a great deal to me.[/QUOTE]Stock Boy recently said that Kmart won't be getting any copies of FFIV Complete Collection (he definitely said no copies) due to some internal discussion or something, even though Kmart received copies of Duodecim and 3rd Birthday.

gonna pick up crysis 2 and probably a 1600 points card for 360 to get the $15 gaming coupon. don't see any other games i want in order to get to $120.

I'm picking up Crysis 2! Great deal for a great game. Almost felt guilty for not buying it @ launch but EA games always go on sale quick.

Thank You SHC-Gamer and SHC Stock Boy!!!

[quote name='salty tbone']You might already know, but you get a $15 and $45 coupon with the deal. Not credit. So you could use the $45 coupon on the points card and pay the difference, but you won't be able to use $50 exactly.[/QUOTE]

Well if he spends $5 out of pocket now, technically it will still be $10 in total credit going toward that game. No change there :D

This thread is so long that I can't remember if I read about kmart not carrying the PC version of Portal 2... is that true? if they do sell it, will it be part of the coupon deal?

Kmart Weekly ad:

Sales:

:wii: Buy Epic Mickey for $49.99, get the Epic Mickey Paint Brush controller for free.

:wii: Buy Just Dance 2 for $39.99, get Just Dance Kids for free.

:wii: These Wii games are all $19.99 each:
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Mania
Cars Toons Mater's Tall Tales
Club Penguin Game Day
Wheel of Fortune
You Don't Know Jack
Jeopardy
The Biggest Loser Challenge

:ds: These DS games are $14.99 each:
Paws and Claws Marine Rescue
The Penguins of Madagascar
Barbie Groom and Glam Pups
Fancy Nancy Tea Party Time
Spongebob Boating Bash
Drawn to Life: Spongebob Squarepants

kmart.gif
Buy $40 worth of gaming software, get a $15 gaming coupon*
kmart.gif
Buy $120 or more of gaming software, get $60 in gaming coupons*

And here's the fine print in the ad:
* Buy $40 to $119.99 of gaming software and get a $15 coupon,
buy $120 or more of gaming software and get a $15 and a $45 gaming coupon.
Limit $60 of coupons per transaction.
Purchase requirement includes regular, sale and/or clearance-priced items and must be made in a single transaction.
Gaming coupons redeemable 4/24/11 to 5/21/11.
Offer excludes Just Dance Kids Wii game.

MSRP in ad:

:ps3: SOCOM 4 $59.99
:ps3::360: Portal 2 $59.99
:ps3::360: Mortal Kombat $59.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia Trilogy $39.99

:ds: Pokemon Black and White versions $34.99 each

:wii: Wii bundle $199.99

:wii: uDraw: Spongebob Squarepants $29.99

[quote name='teddybass']This thread is so long that I can't remember if I read about kmart not carrying the PC version of Portal 2... is that true? if they do sell it, will it be part of the coupon deal?[/QUOTE]

They haven't been carrying PC versions of titles for a bit now.

Fortunately, the PS3 version of Portal 2 comes with a steam copy of Portal 2 for free - you could buy it at kmart and then trade it in or sell it on amazon or something and keep the PC copy..

I had an amazon pre-order on Portal 2 but I think i'm gonna cancel it and just get both Portal and MK at kmart

[quote name='salty tbone']You can choose to not show signatures. That and increasing the default # of posts shown improves the CAG experience greatly for me.

I'm also looking forward to the coupon train. I've been scouting the bargain games for my $120 plan.[/QUOTE]

Good call! I didn't realize it was an option but it is a much better place already !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back