SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm trying to hit a $20 on LA Noire, still some work to do though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Guess I'll consider buying MK at Kmart later this week.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Negative. $50 point cards do NOT count. Only $20.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply. so then i assume buying seven 1600 cards (139.93) is the only way to go for obtaining a deal on points.

UPDATE
i added both a 4000 & 1600 points card to my cart and the "Special Offer" promo only shows up with the 4000 points card! it's not attached to the 1600 points card.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm trying to hit a $20 on LA Noire, still some work to do though.[/QUOTE]

Wowww. Don't think I'm the only one who would greatly appreciate this.

[quote name='Gotenks']If I were to buy Mortal Kombat $59.99 + Fight Night: Champion $39.99 + 1600 points $10... Could I get two more 1600 point cards for $20 or does it only discount one 1600 point card?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anything about point cards at $10. What is the deal on that?

[quote name='trabbahabba']I didn't see anything about point cards at $10. What is the deal on that?[/QUOTE]

If you buy Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat, you will be able to buy a 1600 point card (or $20 PSN card) for $10.

From the OP (mixed in with the notes on the promo):
Purchasing Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat and a $20 PSN or XBLA card will trigger a save $10 (helps towards $120 trigger). You can receive a discounted card for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat each in the same transaction

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Going to catch up on some rest and be back at it tomorrow! If you all run into any issues, we'll definitely help out!

Good to be back![/QUOTE]

Josh can you let me know if the New Jersey Kmarts did actually receive point cards? I don't want to cancel my preorders somewhere else and go to Kmart Tuesday to find out they still don't have point cards. Thanks!

[quote name='micca']thanks for the reply. so then i assume buying seven 1600 cards (139.93) is the only way to go for obtaining a deal on points.

UPDATE
i added both a 4000 & 1600 points card to my cart and the "Special Offer" promo only shows up with the 4000 points card! it's not attached to the 1600 points card.[/QUOTE]
I thought the offer wasn't valid online.
Maybe it's a different offer?

I cant wait to find out what deals you will be having for Lego:pirates, Brink and L.A. Noire. Can't wait to see what coupons will be with them

[quote name='AJVtony831']I thought the offer wasn't valid online.
Maybe it's a different offer?[/QUOTE]

i was in a chat room w/ kmart support and they said the "Buy $40 in Video Gaming..Get a $15 gaming coupon. Buy $120 or more..Get a $60 gaming coupon." offer is valid online-only. that special offer label appears w/ the 4000 points card online, but it's not appearing w/ the 1600 points card online. therefore it appears the promo is eligible for the 4000 points cards ONLY, and from what kmart support told me, the entire promo itself is available ONLINE-ONLY.

I just bought 6 PSN cards (exactly $120 total) and the register only printed a $45 coupon... Has anyone else experienced this? I'll email Josh to see if there's anything he can do to help.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The discount only applies to the purchase of one card but points cards in general count just like games towards the coupon trigger amounts.[/QUOTE]

Whoa!!! Old coyote is back!!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, if you buy online then you can only use the coupon online? And if you buy in store you can only use the coupon in store?

And are there no PSN cards online?

[quote name='Rave Child']I just bought 6 PSN cards (exactly $120 total) and the register only printed a $45 coupon... Has anyone else experienced this? I'll email Josh to see if there's anything he can do to help.[/QUOTE]
It has to be $120 pre-tax. I think them being 19.99 put you a little short.

I really wish Kmart would lower Borderlands GOTY edition to $20 like Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon have done already so I can add it to my deal this week.

[quote name='Vicarious Norse']It has to be $120 pre-tax. I think them being 19.99 put you a little short.[/QUOTE]
1600 MS points are $19.99. $20 PSN cards are $20.00. The total was exactly $120.00, not $119.94.

Wow, so you only got the $120 threshold coupon and not the $40 threshold one? That really is odd. Can anyone confirm that they got both coupons as they are supposed to? Hope this isn't a system-wide bug.

If there is a limit of $60 gaming coupons per member, does that mean I can't get Crysis 2 and get a $15 coupon and get mortal kombat and portal 2 with the $60 coupon? That's $75 of coupons so how would it work

[quote name='dizdaz']If there is a limit of $60 gaming coupons per member, [/QUOTE]

On the deal, not everything.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but FEAR 3 also has the promotion next to it. However, LA Noire does not. Josh, can you confirm it if will work with certain preorders online? Also, i'm not finding any psn cards online, and i don't see the $10 dollar discount with with my xbox live 1600 point card. Thoughts?

[quote name='dizdaz']If there is a limit of $60 gaming coupons per member, does that mean I can't get Crysis 2 and get a $15 coupon and get mortal kombat and portal 2 with the $60 coupon? That's $75 of coupons so how would it work[/QUOTE]

I think you may have confused the details of the promotion. You get a $15 coupon for spending $40, and if you reach $120, you get an additional $45 coupon bringing the coupon total to sixty. There is no individual $60 coupon, it's the sum of the two.

Also, please note that buying Crisis 2 ($39.99) by itself puts you a penny short of earning the first coupon. You're better off buying all the games in one transaction. (The coupons you earn aren't valid for use until next week.)

[quote name='burger96']I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but FEAR 3 also has the promotion next to it. However, LA Noire does not. Josh, can you confirm it if will work with certain preorders online? Also, i'm not finding any psn cards online, and i don't see the $10 dollar discount with with my xbox live 1600 point card. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Actually, i just looked, and hardware has this promotional tag as well. For example the Killzone 3 bundle shows the 'special offer' as well.

Welcome back SHC-Gamer.

Alright, here's my problem. I purchased 6 $20 PSN cards. However, I used a $10 Gaming Coupon (from WWE All Stars). It (in)effectively bumped my purchase total to $110 not triggering the $45 coupon. According to the op, using gaming coupons doesn't decrement the triggering total. However it did in my case... What should I do?

I'll be sending an email as well. I appreciate the help at my Kmart in trying to fix this problem. However, they could not void or refund (system didn't allow) either at the electronic register where the purchase was made or at the customer service. If this doesn't pan out, I would advise people to be wary of using gaming coupons towards this promo...

Thanks.

Yes, these gaming coupons should work on any items in the gaming department -- games, hardware, accessories, and (ttbomk) point cards.

I want to put this out there. There is the ability for a decent flip. Lock in the price of 32.25 on amazon for 3 copies of crysis 2. Purchase for 39.99 each at K-mart. get your 60 coupon for later. 96.75 in amazon credit for your 120 spent and still have the 60 to spend at K-Mart

Spend 120.00

Receive 96.75 (amazon)
Receive 60.00 (K-mart)

Total = +36.75 Good times.

I bought over $120 in gaming software and also only got a $45 coupon; I emailed Josh and we'll see what he can do.

zk1

[quote name='Rave Child']I just bought 6 PSN cards (exactly $120 total) and the register only printed a $45 coupon... Has anyone else experienced this? I'll email Josh to see if there's anything he can do to help.[/QUOTE]

So what's the deal on the new game markdowns (ie Fire Emblem, etc.. that were mentioned in another thread). SHC, you've been back from China for a few hours, at least...what's the deal already!!!??? :)

[quote name='zkelton']I bought over $120 in gaming software and also only got a $45 coupon; I emailed Josh and we'll see what he can do.

zk1[/QUOTE]
What did you buy exactly?

Hello everyone! Long time CAG follower; first time poster. :)

I just got back from K-Mart, and what an adventure I had.

I purchased:
1) Crysis 2 for $40
2) FF 13 for $30
3) Heavy Rain for $30
4) 2 PSN $20 point cards for $40
Total before tax was $140

After checkout, I only received a $45 coupon (I did use my SYWR card). I spoke to the manager and one of the electronics' dept. clerks (whom admitted he followed deals on CAG and Kmart Gamer Blog). He said that the $20 cards should be included with the deal, and neither one was sure why the $15 coupon didn't print.

They did some investigating, and then informed me that I have to purchase $120 of Gaming Software to get both coupons. I didn't feel like arguing, so I left.

I will send Josh and Jim an email to see what they can do. I wanted to post this so others are aware of the issues.

[quote name='dabamus']Problem: Amazon only accepts 2 copies of a game now.[/QUOTE]

Not really. 2 xbox, 1 ps3. Or vice versa. The problem with his logic is that he only ends up at 119.97, not 120. You figure you buy a 1600 live card, and you end up at 139.96 + Tax for a 1600 live card and 96.75 in Amazon, and 60 in Kmart gaming coupons. I think depend on the tax, the net profit from flipping is a 1600 point live card and a couple of amazon bucks, depending on your local tax. Not a bad flip, but not a $36 dollar one either.

so now that josh is back, HOPEFULLY, i'll get an answer from an official before i go out and buy stuff
1) if i bought MK and portal at the same time, am i allowed to get two psn cards for 10 off each? (so in total, $20 for $40 worth of psn)
2) is it a limit ofr $60 worth of coupon per sywr members? or per transactions? cuz there r a lot of games i kinda wanna get
3) can i use two sears/kmart gift cards AND my sywr points?

oh and from anyone, has anyone actually gotten teh 15+45 coupons? cuz i've only been seeing issues wit the 15 not being printed

Ughh...another coupon fiasco! So maybe it's the PSN/XBL cards that are messing stuff up? I intend on getting $120 worth of just games, so I'll post if mine goes through.

[quote name='sgaldis']Ughh...another coupon fiasco! So maybe it's the PSN/XBL cards that are messing stuff up? I intend on getting $120 worth of just games, so I'll post if mine goes through.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, it kinda sounds like the $45 coupon is overriding the $15 coupon. Since the 45s are printing that means the system is recognizing the PSN cards as the theshold for that coupon is $120. Can anyone confirm that they definitely got both $15 coupons?

I think i'm definitely going to wait until i hear from Josh before i pull the trigger on this.

[quote name='Besmeses']Hello everyone! Long time CAG follower; first time poster. :)

I just got back from K-Mart, and what an adventure I had.

I purchased:
1) Crysis 2 for $40
2) FF 13 for $30
3) Heavy Rain for $30
4) 2 PSN $20 point cards for $40
Total before tax was $140

After checkout, I only received a $45 coupon (I did use my SYWR card). I spoke to the manager and one of the electronics' dept. clerks (whom admitted he followed deals on CAG and Kmart Gamer Blog). He said that the $20 cards should be included with the deal, and neither one was sure why the $15 coupon didn't print.

They did some investigating, and then informed me that I have to purchase $120 of Gaming Software to get both coupons. I didn't feel like arguing, so I left.

I will send Josh and Jim an email to see what they can do. I wanted to post this so others are aware of the issues.[/QUOTE]

not a good start.. hopefully this is resolved by tuesday

just got back from kmart and had the same problem. i purchased seven 1600 MS points cards @ 19.99 for a total of 139.93. i DIDN'T use a previous gaming coupon during the purchase. the $45 coupon printed out, but the $15 coupon didn't print out. i told the 2 employees in electronics that there was a problem. they looked up the promo in the circular and agreed with me. they got their manager involved and she wasn't too helpful. she said the $45 coupon was the only coupon i should have received, but no one agreed with her. the manager called another store, but the other store was just as confused. both stores came to an agreement and said that the promo doesn't work for points cards. i said that if points cards aren't eligible, then why did one of the two coupons print out without a problem?! they couldn't answer my question and told me to call an 800 number.

maybe you could find a clearance game or does computer software count toward this promotion. if so there a usually some BS 3 dollar card game software or something of the like laying around.

[quote name='GBAstar']not a good start.. hopefully this is resolved by tuesday[/QUOTE]
(Josh suddenly books another flight to China)

[quote name='SPVietBoy']so now that josh is back, HOPEFULLY, i'll get an answer from an official before i go out and buy stuff
1) if i bought MK and portal at the same time, am i allowed to get two psn cards for 10 off each? (so in total, $20 for $40 worth of psn)
2) is it a limit ofr $60 worth of coupon per sywr members? or per transactions? cuz there r a lot of games i kinda wanna get
3) can i use two sears/kmart gift cards AND my sywr points?

oh and from anyone, has anyone actually gotten teh 15+45 coupons? cuz i've only been seeing issues wit the 15 not being printed[/QUOTE]

The first two have already been answered by an official source. Stockboy has confirmed for #1 that buying both Portal 2 and MK together with two cards will discount both. For #2, it is limited per card, so you can only rightfully earn the full $60 once. As for #3, Josh has confirmed that someone else answering this question was accurate: Once you hit the $120 threshold to earn the coupons, your method of payment doesn't matter. You may use GCs, reward points, whatever, without it affecting the deal.

And it does seem so far that no one has properly been awarded both coupons at the same time. Those earning the $45 one have apparently been denied the $15 one. There have been no reports in this thread of anyone getting both in one transaction.

Hmmm, I think I've just about decided that I will get, on Tuesday, the following:
Mortal Kombat $59.99
Portal 2 $59.99
1600 MSP Card $9.99
1600 MSP Card $9.99

Total= $139.96 pre-tax
Can't say I want MK or Portal 2 that much at launch, but Josh's deals have always been able to get me to buy games I didn't want that much and they haven't let me down yet.
Thinking about having my wife sign up for a SWYR card and grabbing the last LBP2:GOTY box that is at my store. Would have to get something else to get another $60 worth of coupons, maybe Crysis 2.

Alright, I was browsing this week's Weekly Ad, and I can't figure out a damn thing! Transformers: WfC only for we Wiii??? AvP PS3??? Super SFIV 360??? $14.99-19.99???

[quote name='bobphone']Any deal on the Prince of Persia HD Trilogy this week?[/QUOTE]
I think Stock Boy said a couple pages back that none of the trilogies were gonna have a deal this week.

[quote name='jkircos']has anyone recieved just a $15 coupon today?[/QUOTE]
Back into gaming since my girls finally discovered how to play Wii on their own.

Bought
Just Dance 2 $39.99
Just Dance Kids FREE
Toy Story 3 $19.99

Received $15 coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back