SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DJP519']I just scanned the UPCs for both versions of the Beatles 360 bundles at the store on Van Born in Dearborn MI. Both still scanned at $99.99, *not* at the new $49.97 price. For what it's worth, they had the value edition in stock, but no copies of the limited edition, that I was actually looking for.[/QUOTE]
I've got IT on the line now; we're working to see what the issue is. Again, everything looks good on our end. We'll keep investigating.

[quote name='DJP519']I just scanned the UPCs for both versions of the Beatles 360 bundles at the store on Van Born in Dearborn MI. Both still scanned at $99.99, *not* at the new $49.97 price. For what it's worth, they had the value edition in stock, but no copies of the limited edition, that I was actually looking for.[/QUOTE]
The event is being resent to the stores now; we're trying to hit refresh so to speak and see what happens. Should be active tomorrow morning.

[quote name='kellysue1414']We can give direction to basically attach the list to the register...that way when a customer comes in and goes, "Hey, where is L.A. Noire, it released this week?" The associate can go, "Let me reference the list to make sure it is indeed supposed to be out..." The issue of items not set shouldn't be happening to be honest...the new releases SHOULD be set before store opening on Tuesdays. Period. We are definitely working on figuring out where the breakdown in communication is.[/QUOTE]
That's a good idea too. The times when it is a problem in my store, it's a two-fold issue. Initially, the person responsible for the shipment/unpacking doesn't put the items out in the morning for some reason. But the second part is whenever I get there, that particular person does not seem to be at the register, and the electronics person is either a temporary fill-in during lunch or even from another department, and they just don't know what should be out. And I personally can't blame them, if it doesn't get communicated to them to begin with - they get frustrated trying to help me on occassion too.

So having a visible sheet like you said would help both parties. It could even include any additional promotions like the free t-shirts/items Josh sometimes manages to secure, but again, the register people usually have no idea about.

Hey SHC, quick question.

If your deal for LA Noire is a go will the free game be for everybody and just the coupon for members? No long rants I just am sick of every retailer wanting me to sign up for their card and was curious if the one half of the deal would still be good.

[quote name='splintercell']That's a good idea too. The times when it is a problem in my store, it's a two-fold issue. Initially, the person responsible for the shipment/unpacking doesn't put the items out in the morning for some reason. But the second part is whenever I get there, that particular person does not seem to be at the register, and the electronics person is either a temporary fill-in during lunch or even from another department, and they just don't know what should be out. And I personally can't blame them, if it doesn't get communicated to them to begin with - they get frustrated trying to help me on occassion too.

So having a visible sheet like you said would help both parties. It could even include any additional promotions like the free t-shirts/items Josh sometimes manages to secure, but again, the register people usually have no idea about.[/QUOTE]
This is great feedback! Seriously... I'm going to pitch this to my boss.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You're so hot :whee:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've got IT on the line now; we're working to see what the issue is. Again, everything looks good on our end. We'll keep investigating.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The event is being resent to the stores now; we're trying to hit refresh so to speak and see what happens. Should be active tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

Josh - thank you for following up on this. Of course, you had to flirt with your wife first, but it's all good. :cool: Seriously, thanks for trying to get it fixed. Hopefully I can track down one of those limited bundles for the $49 price tomorrow, be a nice way to get a new drumkit and mic stand.

Prices drops working @ my store. Just picked-up the only copies of Punchout & Oblivion GOTY (PS3) for 19.97 each. Thank you CAG and various contributors.

Josh, question for you. I think I can do this, but I'll ask. Given that the games above were the last copies in-store, I really couldn't risk the wait until the LA Noire deal started. On 5/17, if I return one of these games unopened, and then buy it back under the LA deal for free, that would work, right? I know it's kind of cheezy to do it this way, but there's nothing else for me in $20 and under section.

So just made my first purchase at Kmart in a long while, and much to my surprise, my local store has less of a ghetto feel and is much more bright and airy than I remember it. I did not get the run to purchase and run out feel I have in the past. I was pleased to find the last remaining copy of Portal 2 on sale last Saturday. The electronics associate nicely gave my friend a rain check on the price when more stock comes in. I plan to purchase brink on upcoming promotion, and I have not had an experience with the Gaming coupon before. First Q: When would the gaming coupon potentially expire? I need to know this to determine if I want an upcoming game prior to its expiration. Second Q: I am under the impression I need to sign up for the SYWR program (a customer loyalty card?) to get the gaming coupon. I think I signed up for this when I bought portal 2, I got a red loyalty card. However, I have not received any emails from Kmart since signing up. Did I write sloppy and the associate input the incorrect email addy and thus I didn't receive the Kmart email? or do I have to sign up on the Kmart website as well, in order to receive the gaming coupon?

I reviewed the FAQ, but could not find out explicitly how the SYWR program/card works in the following sense: I signed up in store for a card, using my valid email, zip code, and a fake name. Should I be receiving an email to activate the program so a gaming coupon will print when I buy brink? Or do I need to go to the Kmart website and sign up there?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hi! Me again. We show the event is good to go actually. Can you look it up via event #?

999-934506.

Could I get a CAG to confirm that when checking the pricing it was not merely a price check request but actually RANG UP at the higher price. That would be great.

The items are loaded as a promotion, their reg. prices have actually not dropped but they should be ringing up correctly.

Any feedback would be great.[/QUOTE]

I asked the department manager today to check up on some of the games, as I was leaving and was working at the checkouts today. I will write down the event number and try to remember to check it out tomorrow.

I know one person mentioned how the Beatles Bundle was 99.99 and not the 49.97 or whatever, but I do also remember their being a PLC for some bundles this weak, but only to 79.99, but it may have only been for Tony Hawk?

[quote name='biledriver']Hey SHC, quick question.

If your deal for LA Noire is a go will the free game be for everybody and just the coupon for members? No long rants I just am sick of every retailer wanting me to sign up for their card and was curious if the one half of the deal would still be good.[/QUOTE]

if you're sick of retailers wanting you to sign up for their card, then retailers are sick of you getting their deals.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

[quote name='martinez91']I personally don't, 90% of the time they are in a new release only box or in a box where the majority are New Releases. I think a better idea, although it would add on a little work, would be to send out a weekly new release sheet that has all the movies, cd's, and games that are coming out and maybe even require it to be signed off by a manager that they are out. New releases are never a problem at my store but it seems like for the majority they are a problem, and requiring a manager sign-off would help. Just an idea.[/QUOTE]

The problem that I sometimes run into, is that when it is a large box full of other games, it is full of a bunch of titles that no one has ever heard of, like a bunch of Nintendo games that are not big name titles. They won't be in the roto either, so we see all these Nintendo games, or games that most people have never heard of, so we don't necessarily think twice about it.

Our store is one of the largest in our area easily, and unfortunately half the time we don't have an RMU available to scan the games either, without dragging them across the store. This doesn't happen that often, and it is usually only an issue with under the radar type games.

Not saying it is a huge issue or anything, but I was just saying that is about the ONLY time our store does not get games out on time. That, or if the game arrives late or even the day prior to release (which bites, since that is when the next weeks' stuff usually starts arriving).

If your deal for LA Noire is a go will the free game be for everybody and just the coupon for members? No long rants I just am sick of every retailer wanting me to sign up for their card and was curious if the one half of the deal would still be good.[/QUOTE]
Sign up for SYWR, enjoy the LA Noire deal, then resume being sick at retailers who ask you to sign up for their card.
[quote name='kellysue1414']I knew when I married Josh that he was a gamer to the core. Now that he actually has a platform to share his love for gaming...I have to let him engage with you guys! Plus, he buys me gifts and stuff so that keeps me occupied :) haha...[/quote]
edit: (waves hello to SHC-Gamer's wife) It's nice to finally meet you. Even though Josh loves video games, there have been times when he has shown where his priorities (with the family) lie.

P.S. I know you're secretly the real brains behind KmartGamer... (hides) Just kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

I feel the same way, too. However, I just signed up for one of the cards myself. :cry:
If it makes you feel any better, do it online so you don't give the desperate checkout people the satisfaction of signing you up. Takes about 30 seconds. Literally. I'll be sure not to pay any attention to points earned, though. That stuff drives my OCD crazy. The LA Noire deal is just too good to risk it not working according to plan. And remember, bring along a UPC code just in case they don't have that sucker on the shelf. It's helped me out in the past. Also, bring a copy of your member ID just in case.

710425378041 - PS3 Version

710425398032- Xbox Version

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']I feel the same way, too. However, I just signed up for one of the cards myself. :cry:
If it makes you feel any better, do it online so you don't give the desperate checkout people the satisfaction of signing you up. Takes about 30 seconds. Literally. I'll be sure not to pay any attention to points earned, though. That stuff drives my OCD crazy. The LA Noire deal is just too good to risk it not working according to plan. And remember, bring along a UPC code just in case they don't have that sucker on the shelf. It's helped me out in the past. Also, bring a copy of your member ID just in case.

710425378041 - PS3 Version

710425398032- Xbox Version[/QUOTE]

Yes, heaven forbid you allow those desperate people to have proof that they are doing their jobs and avoid unnecessary chastisement from their managers.

Anyone else find it hilarious that Josh's wife works in the K-Mart ops department?

Josh: Hey honey, I had more complaints about the registers not printing out the coupons again.

Josh's wife: ...and?

Josh: Well I was thinking that since you work in ops...

Josh's wife: ...AND?

Josh: Well that maybe you could look into...

Josh's wife: Do you like this body?

Josh: Huh?

Josh's wife: Would you like to see it again?

Josh: Well yeah, of course but I...

Josh's wife: I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Josh: Yes

Josh's wife: Now shut up and make me a sandwich.

It will be members only. That said, I get the gripe, I really do.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']Yes, heaven forbid you allow those desperate people to have proof that they are doing their jobs and avoid unnecessary chastisement from their managers.[/QUOTE]

Don't mind him, he's just a disgruntled SHC employee. Surprised he didn't advocate buying from Best Buy or Amazon this time.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Anyone else find it hilarious that Josh's wife works in the K-Mart ops department?

Josh: Hey honey, I had more complaints about the registers not printing out the coupons again.

Josh's wife: Now shut up and make me a sandwich.[/QUOTE]
Did you have a recorder in my office a few minutes ago :)

[quote name='kellysue1414']Hi Martinez91! My name is Kelly...I'm the SHC-Gamer's lovely wife :) I work in Kmart Store Operations Communications at SHC. What you've suggested is a GREAT idea and is actually happening right now :) Every Thursday, I posted the full schedule of New Releases (Games, Movies, Music) to OWB for the upcoming Tuesday. I also insert a link to the New Release schedule in the Sales Driver Initiatives document that is sent to stores on Thursday via Information Support. Store Managers could/should be printing the schedule for reference. There is also an Action Planner project created and sent to the Electronics Lead associate. The link to the New Releases schedule is there as well. Please ask your SM. They should be printing the list. It's located at OWB/Gen Info/Monthly Planner/Month/Week/Sales Driver Folder. Thanks! And keep up the great work!![/QUOTE]

Our store manager used to print out the game deal notice and have everybody initial it, however I still found myself having to add things that weren't included. Also we haven't received one of the game deals printout in probably a month or so, and I have never seen a New Release summary, but a calendar of sorts with the new releases of all sorts(CD's, DVD's, and games) is a great idea. Even though we get the job done it seems like it is the store manager at least in my situation where there is some disconnect. Maybe holding them accountable for at least getting the notices to employees would be a good step.

I saw that the new game layout had big release titles like Brink, Red Faction, and others that aren't released yet, so maybe that will help come release date where it actually has a spot on the floor it needs to go.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']I feel the same way, too. However, I just signed up for one of the cards myself. :cry:
If it makes you feel any better, do it online so you don't give the desperate checkout people the satisfaction of signing you up. Takes about 30 seconds. Literally.

[/QUOTE]

Come through my checkout, takes about 15 seconds, literally.

They've cut the required info to sign up down to email or phone with text opt in, first name, last name, and zip code. That's it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Anyone else find it hilarious that Josh's wife works in the K-Mart ops department?

It should be the other way, minus the sandwich. Just kidding.

Josh: Do you like this body?

Kelly: Huh?

[quote name='kellysue1414']This is great feedback! Seriously... I'm going to pitch this to my boss.[/QUOTE]
The problem is I don't see this helping the stores that need it.
Seems to me those Store Managers/Department Leads have a "don't care" mentality so they'll be acknowledged and thrown away.

We never have an issue with getting new releases out on time.
They're sitting in boxes behind the electronics stockroom door with the street dates facing out.
Although we don't start before the store opens, it's always the first thing done on Tuesday (or Friday/Sunday/whatever).

Also, most of the time the new releases are in boxes by themselves (without street dates though... typically we only get movies that way), though not always. Friday, Brink was mixed in with some Portal 2's and CoDs. If stores are constantly getting them mixed with other games (especially the "unknown Nintendo games", since those tend to be the "value $19.99 and under" titles), I'd suspect receiving is bunching them all in one box instead of leaving them in the boxes they came in.

[quote name='martinez91']Our store manager used to print out the game deal notice and have everybody initial it, however I still found myself having to add things that weren't included. Also we haven't received one of the game deals printout in probably a month or so, and I have never seen a New Release summary, but a calendar of sorts with the new releases of all sorts(CD's, DVD's, and games) is a great idea. Even though we get the job done it seems like it is the store manager at least in my situation where there is some disconnect. Maybe holding them accountable for at least getting the notices to employees would be a good step.

I saw that the new game layout had big release titles like Brink, Red Faction, and others that aren't released yet, so maybe that will help come release date where it actually has a spot on the floor it needs to go.[/QUOTE]

I think those deal printout things were "known in advanced" blog deals only. Josh seemingly works on stuff right up to the last minute so not everything could be on there. Like, I doubt the "free

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']Yes, heaven forbid you allow those desperate people to have proof that they are doing their jobs and avoid unnecessary chastisement from their managers.[/QUOTE]

I know! That will show them for trying to intimidate me into getting one last time I shopped there. And their precious "Free Money Card" salespitch they're trying now.

[quote name='martinez91']Come through my checkout, takes about 15 seconds, literally.

They've cut the required info to sign up down to email or phone with text opt in, first name, last name, and zip code. That's it.[/QUOTE]

Too late now!!!! Hahahahhahaha! :lol:

Another question... are we "allow" to purchase the 19.99 title this week and return them next week and repurchase them with la noire? I guess what i meant is: if it work, do we just bring the game to the electronic department to return and rebuy or do we need to go to customer service?

[quote name='EYG110']I know one person mentioned how the Beatles Bundle was 99.99 and not the 49.97 or whatever, but I do also remember their being a PLC for some bundles this weak, but only to 79.99, but it may have only been for Tony Hawk?[/QUOTE]
I didn't try checking the price today, but at least one Beatles bundle box had a 79.99 clearance sticker on it (with others having the regular 99.99 prices on them).

LOL Touche. :applause:

Josh looking at trailers for Dungeon Seige III has gotten me interested in the game. It's a title I hadn't picked up earlier any chance of a yakuza type deal getting Dungeon Seige 1 and 2 discounted with a Dungeon Seige III purchase?

[quote name='sageridder']Josh looking at trailers for Dungeon Seige III has gotten me interested in the game. It's a title I hadn't picked up earlier any chance of a yakuza type deal getting Dungeon Seige 1 and 2 discounted with a Dungeon Seige III purchase?[/QUOTE]
I am really looking forward to this as well. It will be supported at Kmart and have a deal. Still TBD on amount.

[quote name='joenathan']Josh,curious, have you gotten alot of inquiries about the game buyer position from last week?[/QUOTE]
Yes and no; the experience issue I think is turning a lot of people away.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Can we get a $100 off PS3 console deal like GS?! Have it for 'certain' SYWR members..[/QUOTE]

$100 off?! Where did you see this for Gamestop?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']How do you know it's, only, for paid members? I will post a question in that thread and see. I called GS and the manager told me there will be other offers, as well, and to come in and sign up for free![/QUOTE]
I think he's referring to the $15 subscription fee for pro members.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']How do you know it's, only, for paid members? I will post a question in that thread and see. I called GS and the manager told me there will be other offers, as well, and to come in and sign up for free![/QUOTE]
Just a guess really. I don't think GS is going to give such a potentially useful coupon to non-paying PUR members but I could be wrong. I certainly hope I'm wrong because I only have a free membership currently. :lol:

[quote name='dcemantrades']is the brink 20 gaming coupon a go was going to go over to kmart but not interested in anything else if it is a now go[/QUOTE]
what do you mean by a go the op has the info

[quote name='dcemantrades']but it is not in the blog so I wanted to make it was for sure before I drove to kmart 15 miles away :)[/QUOTE]

You should be good, the coupon is set to run tomorrow.

[quote name='dcemantrades']but it is not in the blog so I wanted to make it was for sure before I drove to kmart 15 miles away :)[/QUOTE]
It's pretty much a go if its in the op

question for josh, if i get la noire and a game that has a price drop for less than 20 and for some reason it doesnt have that price, should we just not go for the game or email u about it after buying (i'm trying to find out so i know whether or not to get the game wit la noire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back