SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jamezuva']So, if I have a $45 and a $15 coupon from the MK/Portal deal and buy L.A. Noire, I won't be able to use both of the coupons since it'll be $60 worth of coupons for a $59.99 game?[/QUOTE]
Correct. You can use the $45 coupon in that case but not both. You'd need to bring the total to $60.00 or more to use both.

[quote name='jamezuva']So, if I have a $45 and a $15 coupon from the MK/Portal deal and buy L.A. Noire, I won't be able to use both of the coupons since it'll be $60 worth of coupons for a $59.99 game?[/QUOTE]
That is correct, thanks.

[quote name='haize']has sony announced anything with retailers like a sale to help ps3 interest after the outage Josh?

I imagine that they'd want to offer deals on PSN cards or some games that are multiplayer based like SOCOM 4 and Brink[/QUOTE]
I've been pushing for it, nothing yet.

If anyone can pick up Demons Souls along with their LA Noire and ship to me, I'll trade for Metro 2033 or whatever else you may want that my Kmart has. No Fire Emblem I already checked for that.

Josh, just received the $20 gift card in the mail. Says Sears but I'm guessing it works at Kmart. Thanks a ton! Hoping the other ones come in by Tuesday. :)

[quote name='The_ZZ']Josh, just received the $20 gift card in the mail. Says Sears but I'm guessing it works at Kmart. Thanks a ton! Hoping the other ones come in by Tuesday. :)[/QUOTE]
Cool! Yes, Sears cards work at Kmart

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've been pushing for it, nothing yet.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I figured they would be jumping down your throat to advertise sales featuring their PSN products.

[quote name='aznhero913']Wow, I figured they would be jumping down your throat to advertise sales featuring their PSN products.[/QUOTE]
I think they are being cautious at the moment, not necessarily a bad tact.

This thread has a lot of things going on so forgive me if this question has been asked.

When I go to purchase L.A. Noire on Tuesday do I have to buy the 59.99+Tax game and then acquire the 20$ coupon plus game. Or is the coupon sent in through an email before 17th?

[quote name='OmegaLegend']This thread has a lot of things going on so forgive me if this question has been asked.

When I go to purchase L.A. Noire on Tuesday do I have to buy the 59.99+Tax game and then acquire the 20$ coupon plus game. Or is the coupon sent in through an email before 17th?[/QUOTE]

You purchase L.A. Noire for $59.99, then you get a free game with the same transaction. The coupon will print with the receipt.

This may have been asked before, so I apologize if it has already been answered. I was at my Kmart yesterday and a few of the games that are supposed to be marked down in May have not been (Beatles RB and Guitar Hero). Do the games have to be marked down to ring up correctly? If so, what should I do?

[quote name='The_ZZ']You purchase L.A. Noire for $59.99, then you get a free game with the same transaction. The coupon will print with the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Don't suppose there would be a way to just apply the 20 dollar coupon to the L.A. Noire?

[quote name='OmegaLegend']Don't suppose there would be a way to just apply the 20 dollar coupon to the L.A. Noire?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the coupon becomes active on the Sunday after the game releases for 45 days.

[quote name='OmegaLegend']Don't suppose there would be a way to just apply the 20 dollar coupon to the L.A. Noire?[/QUOTE]

Why does this get asked all the time. If you could just apply the coupon then why wouldn't they just discount it?

Do you think they like printing out coupons for shits and giggles?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I think they are being cautious at the moment, not necessarily a bad tact.[/QUOTE]

I guess "first things first" right?

1. Restore PSN
2. Handle the PR nightmare.
# Provide specials to customers.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Nope, the coupon becomes active on the Sunday after the game releases for 45 days.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean but your wording is slightly confusing to those who don't know.

The coupon will become active the Sunday after your purchase. The coupon is then active generally for a 45 day window (there have been exceptions).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is not a bad idea but let me confirm d7 sale start date on Mon.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks much! And I hope you have a good weekend, btw! :)

Picked up brink and lego pirates today and used my $45 coupon from portal/mortal kombat... and so i believe its covered in the op, but wanted to make sure. I can use the $15 coupons from both portal/mortal kombat AND leo pirates right (since they're both diff deal coupons)? and things went off without a hitch today :D both coupons printed, old coupon worked - of course, as with like 95% of kmarts there was less people workin but it was fine

oh and i realized my kmart has multiple halo reach legendary bundles left... lol, along with a few old ps2 ddr bundles haha

[quote name='confoosious']Why does this get asked all the time. If you could just apply the coupon then why wouldn't they just discount it?

Do you think they like printing out coupons for shits and giggles?[/QUOTE]

you're just jealous that you're not smart enough to have thought to use the coupon on the week it was released!

[Dives out a nearby window dramatically but it's the first floor so just falls into a bush]

[quote name='SPVietBoy']oh and i realized my kmart has multiple halo reach legendary bundles left... lol, along with a few old ps2 ddr bundles haha[/QUOTE]
My store has one Legendary bundle on the floor and another 4-5 in the back. :roll:

Also, there's about a dozen or more of those High School Musical (or something) DDR bundles for PS2 that just recently went on clearance.

[quote name='mguiddy']My store has one Legendary bundle on the floor and another 4-5 in the back. :roll:

Also, there's about a dozen or more of those High School Musical (or something) DDR bundles for PS2 that just recently went on clearance.[/QUOTE]

if only there was a clearance for those bundles... *sighs* kmart... y must u do me so?!?!

Has anyone confirmed what the Nintendo Selects titles are and if Kmart is dropping the price on the original prints of the same games tomorrow also? Would like to grab a Zelda if so.
Looks like the NS line is likely these four:
Animal Crossing City Folk
Mario Super Sluggers
Wii Sports
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

[quote name='SPVietBoy']if only there was a clearance for those bundles... *sighs* kmart... y must u do me so?!?![/QUOTE]

I second that, I got 3 stores within 15 miles and they all have it, along with several ac: brotherhood ce's, the store furthest out still has 2 dead rising 2 ce's and 3 fable 3 ce's...they also had a little big planet 2 ce that the gf suckered me into buying at full price. At this point, I highly doubt these are going to sell for full retail, especially since other retailers have long since slashed the prices, and these and other old bundles are just cluttering up the bottom of the game case.

[quote name='ManuGinobili']im a little confused about the la noire deal. do i have to be a Shop Your Way Reward member to recieve both the free game and $20 Gaming Coupon or just the Gaming Coupon?[/QUOTE]

You need to be a SYWR member for every Kmart deal from now until forever.
Deals are for members. It takes 3 minutes to sign up. Sign up.

Don't know if this has been asked before but are you able to use Gaming Coupons on xbla Point and PSN point cards? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='JubeiDar']Don't know if this has been asked before but are you able to use Gaming Coupons on xbla Point and PSN point cards? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

yup, pretty much anything gaming related

Tried to buy a copy of MK9 tonight for a friend of mine, was no one for was seemed to be miles of the electronics department so I left. Brookfield, WI store.

[quote name='JubeiDar']Don't know if this has been asked before but are you able to use Gaming Coupons on xbla Point and PSN point cards? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

The coupons DO work on those cards.

[quote name='aznhero913']The coupons DO work on those cards.[/QUOTE]

But keep in mind that the value of what you're buying has to be over to or equal to 20 bucks, so you couldn't buy a 1600 point card with the coupon unless you had gaming filler. Correct?

[quote name='Bigbob317']But keep in mind that the value of what you're buying has to be over to or equal to 20 bucks, so you couldn't buy a 1600 point card with the coupon unless you had gaming filler. Correct?[/QUOTE]

every coupon condition still remains the same, so if u had a $20 coupon, u can get a psn card no prob, but a 1600 xbl card, u need a filler (not sure if it needs to be a gaming filler)

[quote name='JoeCamNet']You need to be a SYWR member for every Kmart deal from now until forever.
Deals are for members. It takes 3 minutes to sign up. Sign up.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']every coupon condition still remains the same, so if u had a $20 coupon, u can get a psn card no prob, but a 1600 xbl card, u need a filler (not sure if it needs to be a gaming filler)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't really asking a question, just making sure I wasn't giving him false information. I'd imagine it would have to be gaming filler since the only thing the coupon can be used on is gaming stuff.

Newbie here so please go gentle :)

Josh's blog made reference in his blog to there being a list of 19.99 games on Page 52. However, with you being able to set how many posts to view on one page and that page 52 not working for default, I'm pretty lost on where this list is. I've looked through a lot of this thread and I still haven't found it yet, so if someone can offer up some guidance, I'd appreciate it!

[quote name='ZForce']Tried to buy a copy of MK9 tonight for a friend of mine, was no one for was seemed to be miles of the electronics department so I left. Brookfield, WI store.[/QUOTE]

My same store, have been having the same problems. I think at this store you need to stop by customer service to have someone paged before even walking back there.

Although last time i did nobody showed after pagimg either. Just very understaffed. I feel like this is one of those "store still open because of the location/value of the land" things. Waukesha store on sunset is awesome for customer service but its much further away for me.

[quote name='IggyWH']Newbie here so please go gentle :)

Josh's blog made reference in his blog to there being a list of 19.99 games on Page 52. However, with you being able to set how many posts to view on one page and that page 52 not working for default, I'm pretty lost on where this list is. I've looked through a lot of this thread and I still haven't found it yet, so if someone can offer up some guidance, I'd appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Hey, noob. lol

There is a list of new $20 titles in one of josh's posts at the beginning of the thread. Otherwise i'd change your posts per page to max and look again?

[quote name='The_ZZ']PSN is back today guys![/QUOTE]

Only back for a small part of the east coast so far.

[quote name='jer7583']Hey, noob. lol

There is a list of new $20 titles in one of josh's posts at the beginning of the thread. Otherwise i'd change your posts per page to max and look again?[/QUOTE]

Yup, just noticed that. I read that part real quick and thought that was the new games that dropped (meaning released) for May. Wasn't sure why there was a Spoiler on it, but now I get it!

[quote name='izpep']I won the 360 version off of Josh's post on facebook. Really looking forward to it...I haven't played a MK since MK II. This one looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

Ooo.. Won?! Cool! Congrats!

[quote name='IggyWH']Newbie here so please go gentle :)

Josh's blog made reference in his blog to there being a list of 19.99 games on Page 52. However, with you being able to set how many posts to view on one page and that page 52 not working for default, I'm pretty lost on where this list is. I've looked through a lot of this thread and I still haven't found it yet, so if someone can offer up some guidance, I'd appreciate it![/QUOTE]

First page, Post#11 has the games listed in alphabetical order.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']every coupon condition still remains the same, so if u had a $20 coupon, u can get a psn card no prob, but a 1600 xbl card, u need a filler (not sure if it needs to be a gaming filler)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to do that (buy psn card with $20 gaming coupon) a few months ago. the guy said you can't get something for free with a coupon and suggested I find some cheap item (any non gaming item should have worked). I just got another card and had him apply my $20 or so in reward points.

I'm guessing you have to pay at least $0.01 after coupon unless you pay with gc or reward credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back