SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Canoli2007']Hey Josh, my $20 LA Noire coupon became valid on 5/22 and I went to go use it at Sears to purchase a wii points card and it didn't work. Apparently, Kmart gift cards do not work at Sears even though they are the company. My local Kmart is out of Wii points cards so that's why I went to Sears.[/QUOTE]

kmart GIFT CARDS work at sears.

Kmart coupons do not.

You can't use an old navy coupon at BR.

____

LA Noire is awesome and just like real life. Most times when you have Doubt, you'd like to punch the suspect in the face. But alas, you cannot.

[quote name='donbaloo']Anyone know if the Gaming Coupons can be used on iTunes cards?[/QUOTE]

I tried once just to see, and in my experience itunes dont count.

And as far as deal announcements, i really liked the list of upcoming games with notes of "confirmed deal."

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So many geniuses on this site.

Ouch at the guy who let $60 of coupons expire, what an idiot.[/QUOTE]

No need to kick the guy while he's down. It sucks that he let the coupons expire, but calling him an idiot for it is what scares some people away from the forum.

[quote name='Canoli2007']Hey Josh, my $20 LA Noire coupon became valid on 5/22 and I went to go use it at Sears to purchase a wii points card and it didn't work. Apparently, Kmart gift cards do not work at Sears even though they are the company. My local Kmart is out of Wii points cards so that's why I went to Sears.[/QUOTE]

^^^^ That is stupid.

[quote name='bongo6969']I have $60 in coupons from the buy $120 worth of stuff during the portal 2 promo and could have sworn they expired 5/24/11. But when i just checked them the ran 4/24-5/21. I understand the first posts stipulations on coupons but figured I'd ask just in case. Is there any thing that can be done with these coupons or am I SOL?

Thanks for your time.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^ That is a mistake that can happen.

[quote name='koruwa']picked up enslaved :D

Hey Josh, any chance Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is gonna drop so I can use my LA Noire Credit on it?[/QUOTE]

Well, it JUST dropped to $30, because a reissue (Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits) is imminent in June or July, which may or may not include DLC. So, try holding out for that? It won't be more than $30 anyways.

On main-topic: Just got home from K-mart, picked up my free Splatterhouse game as well as Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for my brother (purchase to put me over $20), delighted to see Splatterhouse came with some free DLC.

Also, I was happy that I was able to exchange the LA Noire I bought on Saturday, for a new one today (Disc 2 wasn't working) with relatively no problems. However, I almost exploded when the girl at the register when the girl ringing me up for the exchange said I was going to be charged $20something because I somehow spent $20 worth of points on the purchase? *raises eyebrow* But, the other lady there just told her to override it.

So yeah, for serious, I need to stop buying games, so this'll be it 'till Fall other than maybeeee DNF, Oblivion 5th Year Ed., and/or Madness Returns for the gf. Unless, Josh can once again tempt me like the snake charmer he is.

Also, what I do really appreciate that's kinda new for me, is that Josh has been telling about release-week titles being on sale at a later date (rather soon, too). That's something I appreciate, though I'm sure everyone still woulda bit on the LA Noire deal regardless, since I imagine it's only going to be on sale for $40 or something, same for Dirt 3.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Well, it JUST dropped to $30, because a reissue (Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits) is imminent in June or July, which may or may not include DLC. So, try holding out for that? It won't be more than $30 anyways.
[/QUOTE]
It's still 39.99 @ Kmart, which is why I'm asking if it'll drop anytime

[quote name='koruwa']It's still 39.99 @ Kmart, which is why I'm asking if it'll drop anytime[/QUOTE]

Really? I just went to K-mart today and they had it marked down. Am I hallucinating?

Edit: I suppose I did go to Walmart right after, maybe I'm remembering wrong? JOSH, CLEAR THIS UP.

Edit 2: Off-topic, but I couldn't resist. Upon leaving Walmart today, me and the girlfriend received a "free ticket" to get a personality/IQ test done by... The Church of Scientology!

[quote name='BobbyTastic']

Edit 2: Off-topic, but I couldn't resist. Upon leaving Walmart today, me and the girlfriend received a "free ticket" to get a personality/IQ test done by... The Church of Scientology![/QUOTE]

I hope kmart will offer a gaming coupon to compete with these competitors free personality tickets!!:roll:

[quote name='Canoli2007']My local Kmart is out of Wii points cards so that's why I went to Sears.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to suggest that you pocket one from a retailer that has an abundance of them and bring it to KMart to have them activate it, because even though the inert point card is a valueless item until paid for and activated, it's probably still unethical somehow. So even mentioning it as a possibility would be reckless of me. Don't even consider it.

Lmao, I was in the middle of laughing about JoshRocker's post, when I refreshed and saw the Wobbuffet's post. I think one of my lungs may have collapsed due to excessive laughter.

I personally don't mind finding out about offers until just before they go live. Aside from a few particular titles each year, I generally avoid day-one purchases unless there's a deal that makes them immediately appealing. For those that I am decidedly getting right away, I take in the hints and assurances that KMart's offer will compare to if not beat particular known others, and I generally trust that KMart will deliver.

What I do want to know well in advance, however, is when KMart is definitely NOT getting in a title (Catherine, Disgaea 4 come to mind) due to being niche. We know about those two because people have asked about them by name. Now, I won't ask for Josh to list every game he's not stocking, but generalized "nothing from Atlus for the foreseeable future" or "only Game A and Game B from Company X over the next few months" statements prove helpful to planning the coupon train. Also, games (and special editions) that have been asked about and confirmed as not being stocked should be added to the OP somewhere.

[quote name='sadboy'](looks over notebook, then chooses between truth, doubt, and lie)[/QUOTE]
You're lying Josh! You know it's going to be a good sale. Why don't you just come clean with us?

And what proof do you have that I'm lying?

*presents banana* Take that!

*Restart Case*
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thanks man, sometimes it is hard to get the point across in here (SHC, not CAG) sometimes but after a year of success things are becoming easier. Not where it needs to be, but the fact that we have a Chicagoland makeover that could be rolled out soon, a new site being developed that is going live in a few weeks and a new line of accessories developed by myself and a great supplier that will be labeled KmartGamer, things are getting better slowly.

I do need to find a way to get an exchangeable sign approved though.[/QUOTE]
This is new. Say what now?

[quote name='confoosious']LA Noire is awesome and just like real life. Most times when you have Doubt, you'd like to punch the suspect in the face. But alas, you cannot.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, according to LA Noire you totally could go around punching and shooting people back in the 40s, man. I've subdued more people with guns than I thought possible in a by-the-books police game. Also, Phelps says some hilariously douchey things when you use Doubt.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe'] Also, Phelps says some hilariously douchey things when you use Doubt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah some of the stuff he says is kinda over the top.

My game got a little glitchy and for some reason he couldn't get into the car until another car rammed him and screamed like a girl.

[quote name='Marauder7']Yeah some of the stuff he says is kinda over the top.[/QUOTE]

I THINK YOU'RE LYING. I THINK YOU MURDERED HER.

Oh wait I have no evidence nvm sry.

I'm loving this game...

[quote name='DPsycho']I'm not going to suggest that you pocket one from a retailer that has an abundance of them and bring it to KMart to have them activate it, because even though the inert point card is a valueless item until paid for and activated, it's probably still unethical somehow. So even mentioning it as a possibility would be reckless of me. Don't even consider it.[/QUOTE]

Use whatever justifications you want but it's still stealing.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thanks man, sometimes it is hard to get the point across in here (SHC, not CAG) sometimes but after a year of success things are becoming easier. Not where it needs to be, but the fact that we have a Chicagoland makeover that could be rolled out soon, a new site being developed that is going live in a few weeks and a new line of accessories developed by myself and a great supplier that will be labeled KmartGamer, things are getting better slowly.

I do need to find a way to get an exchangeable sign approved though.[/QUOTE]

Josh, i must say though you have your work cut out for you for hinted at great PS3 deal coming in June. Between Gamestop and Target's $160 dollar GC deal that hit, it seems like Sony is doing some serious inventory cleaning.
Any hints you can drop about what you guys might be doing?

I haven't mentioned this in the past, but I've had no problems getting in any of the deals you've created and now have sealed copies of DAII, Crysis 2, La Noire, Portal 2, and RoF sitting around collecting dust. Now if you could somehow create a coupon that would give me an extra 20 hours in a week to play these games, that would be even better.

Keep up the good work.

[quote name='LordVila']Use whatever justifications you want but it's still stealing.[/QUOTE]

I've just asked if I can have one before so I could do this very thing. I was given no hassle and no problems. Far as I know, the retailers don't pay anything for them to be sent to their store and as the guy above said, they have no value until activated.

[quote name='Megatim81']
And as far as deal announcements, i really liked the list of upcoming games with notes of "confirmed deal."[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Even if you don't want to list WHAT the deal is, exactly, in advance, simply confirming that there IS some deal pending, and listing the release date, is helpful, in my opinion.

[quote name='fujimitsu']I THINK YOU'RE LYING. I THINK YOU MURDERED HER.

Oh wait I have no evidence nvm sry.

I'm loving this game...[/QUOTE]
I found out late in the game that if I can't tell whether I'm supposed to use Doubt or Lie, I'd just use Lie, see what he accuses them of and what I'd probably need to use to back that up, and if I didn't have it, back out and use Doubt. Take that, game!

Also, seeing your avatar, I must say:

I really want someone to do an actual game of Street Countdown.

[quote name='burger96']Josh, i must say though you have your work cut out for you for hinted at great PS3 deal coming in June. Between Gamestop and Target's $160 dollar GC deal that hit, it seems like Sony is doing some serious inventory cleaning.

I haven't mentioned this in the past, but I've had no problems getting in any of the deals you've created and now have sealed copies of DAII, Crysis 2, La Noire, Portal 2, and RoF sitting around collecting dust. Now if you could somehow create a coupon that would give me an extra 20 hours in a week to play these games, that would be even better.

Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]

With all these system deals this week and next, I'm starting to really think price drops are coming at E3 and companies are trying to sell as many systems as they can at the currant price.

Any plans for deals on Kinect games? Before going out to get Kinect Sports with the gift card from LA Noire when it arrives I'd like a peek at josh's crystal ball.

[quote name='chriscolbert']He said not to consider it.

But you're completely wrong. ;)[/QUOTE]

Taking merchandise from a store whether it has no value at that moment or not is still stealing. The store makes a profit once the card is sold so by stealing/taking the card to another store to activate it the store you are taking the card from misses out on potential profit. The store would have some cost already invested in the card. So I would consider that stealing.

Now I have to poke fun at Josh

Two business days after my friend emailed him she has no reply :O, slower than when I emailed him :D

I'm posting only to poke fun, not complain over service. I called her to see if she was happy now and when she checked her email..nada.

Hatin' on the women I see Josh.

[quote name='LordVila']Taking merchandise from a store whether it has no value at that moment or not is still stealing. The store makes a profit once the card is sold so by stealing/taking the card to another store to activate it the store you are taking the card from misses out on potential profit. The store would have some cost already invested in the card. So I would consider that stealing.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, the store doesn't pay for the cards at all. It's a split profit upon activation. Hence we just throw them away if they have any issues activating or if they are recalled.

[quote name='caponesgun']Now I have to poke fun at Josh

Two business days after my friend emailed him she has no reply :O, slower than when I emailed him :D

I'm posting only to poke fun, not complain over service. I called her to see if she was happy now and when she checked her email..nada.

Hatin' on the women I see Josh.[/QUOTE]
Huh, there has to be an issue. I am cleared with email up until Saturday morning.

The weekend does not count as a business day :)

[quote name='burger96']Josh, i must say though you have your work cut out for you for hinted at great PS3 deal coming in June. Between Gamestop and Target's $160 dollar GC deal that hit, it seems like Sony is doing some serious inventory cleaning.

Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]
Well, the Gamestop deal is limited to a particular subset of customers and the Target deal actually looks like a mistake to be honest.

I'm pretty comfortable with our deals in June when they are compared apples to apples :)

[quote name='DJP519']Agree with this. Even if you don't want to list WHAT the deal is, exactly, in advance, simply confirming that there IS some deal pending, and listing the release date, is helpful, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
Completely fair

[quote name='caponesgun']For what it's worth, the store doesn't pay for the cards at all. It's a split profit upon activation. Hence we just throw them away if they have any issues activating or if they are recalled.[/QUOTE]
They are inventoried though by the vendor so it could mess up store counts.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Really? I just went to K-mart today and they had it marked down. Am I hallucinating?

Edit: I suppose I did go to Walmart right after, maybe I'm remembering wrong? JOSH, CLEAR THIS UP.

Edit 2: Off-topic, but I couldn't resist. Upon leaving Walmart today, me and the girlfriend received a "free ticket" to get a personality/IQ test done by... The Church of Scientology![/QUOTE]
I'm confused......

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm confused......[/QUOTE]

that he has a girlfriend?

The Target deal definitely is a mistake. It looks like they meant to randomly distribute the $100 coupon but forgot they had a $60 deal as well this week. I wonder if it will even last through the night.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Huh, there has to be an issue. I am cleared with email up until Saturday morning.

The weekend does not count as a business day :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, fair enough. I thought she said Friday but she was off Saturday so that's more likely when thinking about it. In the end, it doesn't matter. She's just concerned the store won't honor future deals for families who may need the price/promotion to afford the game. She & I make enough to buy whatever video games we want, but fair is fair. She doesn't think you will reply so I'm keeping track of when you do to prove her wrong :applause:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They are inventoried though by the vendor so it could mess up store counts.[/QUOTE]

Only time we deal with our vendor is once every two or three months to verify we have onhands to withstand until their next visit or promotional items. We have a number to call if we have any issues or need more supplies. Then they just overnight us a thousand or so and we move on.

[quote name='caponesgun']We have a number to call if we have any issues or need more supplies. Then they just overnight us a thousand or so and we move on.[/QUOTE]

And that is an easy thing that my local store CAN'T do.

[quote name='LordVila']Taking merchandise from a store whether it has no value at that moment or not is still stealing. The store makes a profit once the card is sold so by stealing/taking the card to another store to activate it the store you are taking the card from misses out on potential profit. The store would have some cost already invested in the card. So I would consider that stealing.[/QUOTE]

As I stated and others have confirmed, there is no initial cost to the retailer for any of these point cards (the same applies to all those mass produced GC's you see to restaurants and stuff in the stores) so they aren't losing anything. I worked in retail in customer service and we had problems activating cards occasionally and we just threw them out and activated a new one. Heck, many of the cards are reloadable so if I went to one store and put $50 on a restaurant GC and then used that, I could just recharge it at the restaurant itself. Would that be costing 'potential profit' to the original store from which I bought the card?

I'm not going to change your mind. And I'm not suggesting people go out and do this. But I would hardly consider it theft, even petty theft.
[quote name='vlv723']And that is an easy thing that my local store CAN'T do.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't help but laugh out loud at this comment.

[quote name='LordVila']Use whatever justifications you want but it's still stealing.[/QUOTE]

Justifications for telling someone not to do something possibly unethical?

Way to fail reading comprehension.

But as others have said, if you could get another retailer to grant you one with their blessing, then there's no harm done.

[quote name='DPsycho']Justifications for telling someone not to do something possibly unethical?

Way to fail reading comprehension.

But as others have said, if you could get another retailer to grant you one with their blessing, then there's no harm done.[/QUOTE]

to be fair, your initial post sounded like OJ Simpsons "I Didn't Do It But Here's How I'd Do It I wanted to Do It, which I'm saying I definitely Didn't Do" book.

[quote name='confoosious']to be fair, your initial post sounded like OJ Simpsons "I Didn't Do It But Here's How I'd Do It I wanted to Do It, which I'm saying I definitely Didn't Do" book.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit of a stretch. O.J. is commonly believed to have committed the crime for which he was exonerated.

Contrarily, I've never attempted the action I was describing (without condoning) but am genuinely curious about it. As someone else has mentioned asking for and receiving an inert card for this purpose, my curiosity is satisfied.

[quote name='DPsycho']That's a bit of a stretch. O.J. is commonly believed to have committed the crime for which he was exonerated.

Contrarily, I've never attempted the action I was describing (without condoning) but am genuinely curious about it. As someone else has mentioned asking for and receiving an inert card for this purpose, my curiosity is satisfied.[/QUOTE]

no shit? people actually think OJ did it?

i don't think you got the point of my message but whatever.

[quote name='bongo6969']I wish they'd go to straight reward Points. Which I dont believe expire so this kinda thing wouldn't happen.[/QUOTE]

If they went straight to rewards you wouldn't of had $60 as you would of from the gaming coupons. Since reward points can be used anywhere in the store at anytime, Josh's budget is far more limited and it doesn't help increase gaming purchases. You had a month and a half to target items to buy and use them. Not meaning to beat you while you are down, but its the reality of the situation and Josh has a lot more serious problems to deal with that aren't the customer's fault.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,

Any deals with MS point/PSN cards coming out anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

4000 point cards for 20 bones would be nice again.

Well, I think LA Noire is finally behind me. Finished up this weekends emails tonight. If you have not heard back from me please resend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back