Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ludwigfrech']Hello josh, is there going to be any deal on Killzone 3?, i know it's not in the OP but are you holding on for this one??[/QUOTE]
We'll be attacking this KZ3.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We'll be attacking this KZ3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, good to know, i'm willing to chain mass effect 2, dead space 2 and killzone 3... so i hope you attack hard on KZ3

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is there any way to get more LBP2 Collectors Editions? I really want it from Kmart but if I cant find it there I'll have to go with Amazon. I imagine 800 would sell out completely within the first day or two. It's a pretty sweet looking CE for only $20 extra.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Because we do not pre order, CE's actually represent a huge inventory liability if you do not move through them week 1 unfortunately. Very tough balance here. Publishers want these gone after the first week.[/QUOTE]

Josh, did you make a post saying Kmart would only have 800 LBP2 CE's? If so, wow... that's not many. You have a guaranteed buyer in me if one of my local stores gets one and it also comes with the coupon like the regular edition does.

Do we need to contact Stock Boy about getting one sent to our favorite store like with some previous CE's?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not going to lie, I know my feedback was to push it back and polish the hell out of it.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, now maybe we won't be disappointed by yet another promising game! From what you did play though, any high points you can freely mention? :D

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Sweet, now maybe we won't be disappointed by yet another promising game! From what you did play though, any high points you can freely mention? :D[/QUOTE]
Just a bunch of in game vids, no play time. It seemed like it just needed some more TLC but looked very very strong. I think they know they have a lot of potential on this and need it to be strong from a review perspective.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From our perspective, the business on CE's is very week 1 driven. If you have after they fact they sit on the shelf forever for us.[/QUOTE]

I know at my stores, there are plenty of collector's editions sitting there rotting.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good question; I've asked the same thing to the publishers!

From our perspective, the business on CE's is very week 1 driven. If you have after they fact they sit on the shelf forever for us.[/QUOTE]
I can attest to this. There's a GTA4 CE still sitting in a Kmart I go to tagged at $90.
[quote name='io']Do we need to contact Stock Boy about getting one sent to our favorite store like with some previous CE's?[/QUOTE]
Wondering this too. Definitely want that LBP2 CE.

My Kmart has 3 or 4 Epic Mickey CE's still sitting there buried in the bottom case under some EA fitness accessories. :lol:

I don't foresee them moving quickly, however I will pick one up w/ coupons sometime soon.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']My Kmart has 3 or 4 Epic Mickey CE's still sitting there buried in the bottom case under some EA fitness accessories. :lol:

I don't foresee them moving quickly, however I will pick one up w/ coupons sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm kicking myself for not buying the epic mickey CE i found when there was a 30$ coupon for it.

[quote name='confoosious']Man, I'm kicking myself for not buying the epic mickey CE i found when there was a 30$ coupon for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would have picked that one up instead of I had the extra cash.

It seems those nunchuk paintbrushes are hard to find & a hot item. I should have snatched up 1 or 2 w/ coupons instead of some games.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Yeah, I would have picked that one up instead of I had the extra cash.

It seems those nunchuk paintbrushes are hard to find & a hot item. I should have snatched up 1 or 2 w/ coupons instead of some games.[/QUOTE]

ugh. i just realized there's a tron wiimote! Of course it's sold out.

motherf'er

Hey SHC. Do you think my K-Mart will get the collectors edition of Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I'd really the the CE for the one month Marvel digital subscription and the bonus characters.

It sucks that Kmart won't be carrying Tactics Ogre but atleast I'll finally be able to use my Gamestop giftcard and $10 coupon code.

The BFBC2 deal is pretty awesome but it means that my coupon train would come to an end. It's too good to pass up, though.

Hey josh, ps3 has a move sharp shooter attachment coming out with killzone 3. any deals on that? have you heard of the gun yet?

[quote name='emg28']It sucks that Kmart won't be carrying Tactics Ogre but atleast I'll finally be able to use my Gamestop giftcard and $10 coupon code.

The BFBC2 deal is pretty awesome but it means that my coupon train would come to an end. It's too good to pass up, though.[/QUOTE]
Tactics Ogre might be a little too niche. It's too bad about not having a deal.

[quote name='david12795']bleh kmart didnt take my egift card cause it had sears on it :/[/QUOTE]
That's pretty crappy, because I'm 99.99% that Sears GCs- electronic or plastic- work at Kmart. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've used a Sears e-GC at Kmart. In fact, I'm pretty sure I used one on Kirby's Epic Yarn when I bought it.

that battlefield bad company deal just made my night. ty josh, i needed the game but wasn't ready to drop the cash... you convinced me.

[quote name='affa']that battlefield bad company deal just made my night. ty josh, i needed the game but wasn't ready to drop the cash... you convinced me.[/QUOTE]
Phew. I almost didn't notice the BFBC deal. I was trying to decide on what to use with my remaining coupon before taking a break with buying games. Now I know what I want to get. It's going to be glorious!

[quote name='jer7583']nope, they are just the shittiest, bottom of the barrel retailer. Douchey used car salesman clerks that talk down to you get douche answers.

I wouldn't have gone if I wasn't flipping some blockbuster games for more credit than I paid for them.

More was just providing perspective for the people who have had bad experiences here. At least at kmart you get deals.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It sure is douchey when those damn GS clerks do their jobs and ask if you want to preorder something. What assholes!

[quote name='Killbomb']I know at my stores, there are plenty of collector's editions sitting there rotting.[/QUOTE]

Most likely because they never get discounted in the weekly sales like the standard editions. For example, Fable 3. Instead of the sale being $20 off Fable 3, making it Standard $40, CE $60, it's Standard $40 and CE sitting there at full MSRP $80. With such a large price discrepancy, you basically make up the buyer's mind. It's no wonder they rot on the store shelves, just taking up space.

So I went back and bought another Mario All Stars, for the family my squadron at work adopted. Apparently the two girls only asked for a Wii, so my boss bought one and asked us to cover games and controllers and whatnot. So I hope a 9 and 14 year old girl will enjoy the old Mario games. I want to still buy the last copy to hold on to, but it looks like some tape from the shipping box or something caught on it, because it is missing a small section of the top layer of red cardboard.
[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Yeah, I would have picked that one up instead of I had the extra cash.

It seems those nunchuk paintbrushes are hard to find & a hot item. I should have snatched up 1 or 2 w/ coupons instead of some games.[/QUOTE]
My store just put out 3 or 4 of the paintbrushes. Maybe I should pick one up :).
[quote name='david12795']bleh kmart didnt take my egift card cause it had sears on it :/[/QUOTE]
I'm surprised at that. I got my first Heroes at Home E-Gift Card from Sears and was excited to learn that they can be used at Kmart, because the closest Sears to me doesn't have games and the further away stores don't have as good a deals on games as Kmart.

[quote name='Altanis']That's pretty crappy, because I'm 99.99% that Sears GCs- electronic or plastic- work at Kmart. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've used a Sears e-GC at Kmart. In fact, I'm pretty sure I used one on Kirby's Epic Yarn when I bought it.[/QUOTE]

iono but when they tried to enter in my gift card number they had to get a manager's override. so i ended up waiting even longer when they had to call for an approval. blah

guess its just my freaking luck then

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker who could use some help. A few weeks ago, I took advantage of the offer, where you could get a $15 coupon for purchasing $40 in games. I ended up with 2 of the $15 coupons. Today, I went back to my local Kmart (Rancho Cordova store #3369) and tried to use the coupons to purchase 2 of the $20 PSN cards. The employee (Marcus) said the coupons would not apply, and the register was telling him the "rewards requirement was not met", and he said these software gaming coupons must only be valid on PC software. I waited 10 minutes for him to get another employee (Philip Jacobson), who also couldn't get the coupons to apply against the purchase of PSN cards. I thought these coupons could be used to purchase PSN cards, as stated on the 1st page of this thread? Am I misreading something?

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']How come when I look at ACB on KMart's website it says its only a $10 coupon?

Is the $20 in-store only?[/QUOTE]

According to the OP, yes.

[quote name='confoosious']*software*[/QUOTE]

okay, I think I understand now. I read Josh's post #5364 and most coupons are general gaming coupons which can be used to purchase PSN cards. But the coupons I have (from the $15 coupon for $40 purchase promotion) are SOFTWARE coupons.

Software coupons can be used on video games, and not just PC software, correct? Just wanted to make sure, since the Kmart employee said PC software only.

[quote name='normykwong']okay, I think I understand now. I read Josh's post #5364 and most coupons are general gaming coupons which can be used to purchase PSN cards. But the coupons I have (from the $15 coupon for $40 purchase promotion) are SOFTWARE coupons.

Software coupons can be used on video games, and not just PC software, correct? Just wanted to make sure, since the Kmart employee said PC software only.[/QUOTE]

I dont have that coupon in hand but that's the way i remember it.

[quote name='panda911']You're right. It sure is douchey when those damn GS clerks do their jobs and ask if you want to preorder something. What assholes![/QUOTE]

What is your deal, guy?

Gamestop sucks, deal with it

[quote name='david12795']iono but when they tried to enter in my gift card number they had to get a manager's override. so i ended up waiting even longer when they had to call for an approval. blah

guess its just my freaking luck then[/QUOTE]
Nah, that's actually starting to sound like it's typical. My e-Gift Card required a manager override too. That's when I found out that a friend of mine is the electronics manager of my local Kmart, because he overrode it.

[quote name='Altanis']Nah, that's actually starting to sound like it's typical. My e-Gift Card required a manager override too. That's when I found out that a friend of mine is the electronics manager of my local Kmart, because he overrode it.[/QUOTE]

i just wish mine took the sears card :bomb:

I see a $25 gift card on Dead Space 2. Will K-Mart carry the collector's edition? And if so, will they have a $25 gift card on that version too?

[quote name='normykwong']okay, I think I understand now. I read Josh's post #5364 and most coupons are general gaming coupons which can be used to purchase PSN cards. But the coupons I have (from the $15 coupon for $40 purchase promotion) are SOFTWARE coupons.

Software coupons can be used on video games, and not just PC software, correct? Just wanted to make sure, since the Kmart employee said PC software only.[/QUOTE]

That is correct. Those coupons can be used on console, handheld or pc games, but nothing else. It's one of the few coupons that can't be used on hardware, accessories or cards. I understood this restriction was necessary to make the deal work across multiple publishers.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's my boss playing Dance Central (pink shirt). Made my year (past the 1min mark is epic :bouncy:)

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/tags/Kmartgamer[/QUOTE]

How can those people watching not be cracking up more (like the dude in the white shirt and the lady in black that are closest to your boss)? That is hilarious!!

Btw, Great deal on BBC2! I was going to use my $10 SMAS coupon on a points card anyway, so maybe I'll just pick this up instead.

[quote name='h4mx0r']I see a $25 gift card on Dead Space 2. Will K-Mart carry the collector's edition? And if so, will they have a $25 gift card on that version too?[/QUOTE]
Hoping for this too, and Little Big Planet 2 CE

[quote name='cleaver']Hoping for this too, and Little Big Planet 2 CE[/QUOTE]

You can stop hoping for LBP2 CE from K-mart, I'm sure they won't carry it, pre-order it somewhere else if you really want that CE and honestly LBP2 CE definitely worth the price.

Josh has said that all of Kmart was allocated 800 LBP2 CEs.

Now, Kmart runs approximately 1400 stores. That means that roughly 1 in 2 stores will get a copy, if things were fair. But, we all know that things are not fair, so high traffic/sales stores will get more copies, while lower traffic/sales stores will be SOL.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We'll be attacking this KZ3.[/QUOTE]

Music to my ears.

Not that i am willing to buy (maybe) just curious

is kmart going to get any K3: Helgast edition

I know people are saying there's a bunch of CEs rotting on Kmart shelves but that's because the CEs are over priced or dont have much appeal to begin with. That's not the case for the LBP2 CE. I bet it's going to fly off Kmart shelves. I want to know how many of these Kmart still has in stores on January 21st! I bet they'll be completely sold out of them.

[quote name='Serpentor']You can stop hoping for LBP2 CE from K-mart, I'm sure they won't carry it, pre-order it somewhere else if you really want that CE and honestly LBP2 CE definitely worth the price.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily true I think Josh said they ordered around 800 of them. That's not even 1 per store though I dont think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back