Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']What is your deal, guy?

Gamestop sucks, deal with it[/QUOTE]

My 'deal' is that I come to the Kmart thread and the first thing I read is about how some asshole was being an asshole at a GameStop for the sake of getting internet high fives. No one wants to hear how your new favorite thing is making the clerks "pissy" by giving douchey retorts and then retell us in order "provide perspective" about Kmart. I'm certain most of us can deduce for ourselves that bad employees at a store equals a bad experience and the inverse.

Heads up: Just got a text that this Sunday Kmart will have an event exclusive to members only, with saving up to 20% off + extra points. I think its 5X extra, could be the same one I receive in my email but had sears on it. Could be for kmart too. Just a heads up if anyone is going to purchase something this Sunday.

EDIT: It's sears only. Receive another Text saying they made a mistake. Damn that sucks.

arrrrghghgghghghgh.. my K-Mart finally got the new PS3 headsets. I picked up Assassin's Creed so I can keep riding the coupon train.. this keeps me good til Little Big Planet 2. HOPEFULLY there will be collector's editions in stock. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='Scorch']arrrrghghgghghghgh.. my K-Mart finally got the new PS3 headsets. I picked up Assassin's Creed so I can keep riding the coupon train.. this keeps me good til Little Big Planet 2. HOPEFULLY there will be collector's editions in stock. *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

Which headset?

I finally got around to picking up SMAS today for $5.24 after coupons. The cashier was telling her co-worker about how some guy earlier bought a Wii and refused to take the $50 coupon because he just didn't want it and that she had to throw it away. The co-worker was like "I'd be putting that junk up in my pocket".

Always an adventure.

[quote name='Altanis']Josh has said that all of Kmart was allocated 800 LBP2 CEs.

Now, Kmart runs approximately 1400 stores. That means that roughly 1 in 2 stores will get a copy, if things were fair. But, we all know that things are not fair, so high traffic/sales stores will get more copies, while lower traffic/sales stores will be SOL.[/QUOTE]
No offense, but that's pretty much the same thing as saying K-mart is not going to have the LBP2 CE. I'm not going to rely on K-mart for that even if it offers me $20 gaming coupon. I'm telling you again, LBP2 CE actually worth the extra doughs, Gonzo? Tron? Alien from Toy Story? You can buy them maybe later from PSN, but how cool is it when you play online on day one with that!?!? Oh yeah, then there's Sackboy plush and "game"ends. It's like buying GotY edition early!

[quote name='panda911']My 'deal' is that I come to the Kmart thread and the first thing I read is about how some asshole was being an asshole at a GameStop for the sake of getting internet high fives. No one wants to hear how your new favorite thing is making the clerks "pissy" by giving douchey retorts and then retell us in order "provide perspective" about Kmart. I'm certain most of us can deduce for ourselves that bad employees at a store equals a bad experience and the inverse.[/QUOTE]

Talk about missing the point -

The point I tried to make is that -

Kmart Gives deals. Kmart has employees that can be tough to deal with.

Gamestop does not give deals. Gamestop has employees that can be tough to deal with.

In my opinion gamestop is as bad or worse than kmart with the customer service experience, so why ever go with the one that's just charging full price?

And seriously? defending gamestop clerks?
When the douchebag behind the counter calls me "buddy" and acts like I'm his friend one minute and then makes like I'm an idiot for not pre-ordering, I don't feel that I need to be courteous in return. Simply stating that there are better alternatives than their store and that I'll take my business elsewhere does not make me an "asshole".

They are the worst place to buy games. I stand by that assertion. There's no reason for anyone to be going there now that retailers like kmart and amazon have stepped up the competition. Maybe they hear that and get competitive themselves. Maybe not. Either way it's better for the consumer.

After going to two different Kmart's I finally found one with copies of Mario All Star collection. Hey Josh I know earlier in the thread you said collector's edition's of Dead Space 2 probably wouldn't be stocked in store's but is there any chance you've reconsidered this? So far I've brought the collectors editions of Star Wars TFU 2, Fable 3, Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Epic Mickey at Kmart and I'd love to pick up Dead Space 2 there to.

I think that the fact that the first one did poorly in the beginning, and not blockbuster overall, is probably a deciding factor in stocking the CE of Dead Space 2. There is no "guarantee" that the second game will do better than the first, especially out of the gate. The risk of stocking the CE and then having it sit on shelves is too big.

Consider the fact that the more successful Little Big Planet series is only getting 800 CE versions. I'd say the next candidate for a chance at a CE at Kmart could be MvC3.

Hey Josh, do you know if you'll be able to get the "Epic Edition" of Bulletstorm? EA is saying it's for "pre-orders only" but I'm wondering if it'll be a deal like Hot Pursuit or Medal of Honor where all first print copies are Epic Editiions. I have nearly 0 interest in playing Gears of War 3 online, but at the same time getting that Beta will give me a little bit of sweet, sweet Gears action 5 months early. :)

[quote name='jer7583']Talk about missing the point[/QUOTE]

I think their problem with the entire thing is the only reason it even belongs in this thread is because you're comparing their lame pre-orders to Kmart's day one deals. But without that line, it just looks like you're complaining about gamestop in the Kmart thread. Which, you know, when you're comparing them both, it's like comparing McDonalds to a dingy Mexican restaurant.

Anywho, that BFBC2 offer is nice. To people barely purchasing the game, they're basically getting Vietnam and 400 points for free (or discounted, depends on how you see it.) And free is nice.

[quote name='DonWii']I think that the fact that the first one did poorly in the beginning, and not blockbuster overall, is probably a deciding factor in stocking the CE of Dead Space 2. There is no "guarantee" that the second game will do better than the first, especially out of the gate. The risk of stocking the CE and then having it sit on shelves is too big.

Consider the fact that the more successful Little Big Planet series is only getting 800 CE versions. I'd say the next candidate for a chance at a CE at Kmart could be MvC3.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to CEs the deciding factor is how many they think they can move. Become overzealous and they turn into Halo LEs. Make too little, and then everyone hoards them and their price shoots up dramatically.

800 LBP2 CE's for 1400 stores? Bleh - I can't really cancel my Amazon preorder based on those odds. I'll still try to find one at Kmart, though, since I have a $50 coupon that I have no other use for.

I tried to buy SMAS from Kmart this week. I stopped by my local Kmart Monday and Thursday evening to try to get SMAS, but there weren't any in stock. I was pretty sad. SMAS is rare at Kmart, but abundant at other retailers.

Sorry, SHC-Gamer, I had to buy this from another retailer, but I'm still truly grateful for all the other deals you have been giving to us. Keep them coming, please!

Is this going to include the Red Mario Bundle DSiXL?

K-Mart Circular Effective Sunday, December 19 through Friday, December 24, 2010
(Note: Bolded prices are sale items, coupons, and other items of interest. All others are MSRP.)

Nintendo DSi XL - $169.99 - Get a $25 Gaming Coupon when you buy any DSi XL system. Also receive 2X Points.

[quote name='jer7583']
They are the worst place to buy games. I stand by that assertion. There's no reason for anyone to be going there now that retailers like kmart and amazon have stepped up the competition. Maybe they hear that and get competitive themselves. Maybe not. Either way it's better for the consumer.[/QUOTE]
During the summer, they weren't half bad when it came to picking up cheaper used games. They had a number of decent deal of the days, gave out coupons with games, or occasionally had B1G1 or discount glitches. But yeah, I haven't shopped with them since then. It's mostly attributed to not seeing deals present in the forum (aka. there's probably no deal I'm currently interested in).

[quote name='sadboy']During the summer, they weren't half bad when it came to picking up cheaper used games. They had a number of decent deal of the days, gave out coupons with games, or occasionally had B1G1 or discount glitches. But yeah, I haven't shopped with them since then. It's mostly attributed to not seeing deals present in the forum (aka. there's probably no deal I'm currently interested in).[/QUOTE]

I remember those great deals Gamestop had back then. Remember the "Power Hour" deals in which RDR was $23 and the site was so slammed, they accepted phone orders for that game. After their summer sale, it went back to suck.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Is this going to include the Red Mario Bundle DSiXL?

K-Mart Circular Effective Sunday, December 19 through Friday, December 24, 2010
(Note: Bolded prices are sale items, coupons, and other items of interest. All others are MSRP.)

Nintendo DSi XL - $169.99 - Get a $25 Gaming Coupon when you buy any DSi XL system. Also receive 2X Points.[/QUOTE]

I would think the coupon will print with the Mario bundle, but I doubt that they're knocking $10 off.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I would think the coupon will print with the Mario bundle, but I doubt that they're knocking $10 off.[/QUOTE]

If you get the coupon with the Mario bundle, I'm in. I'm tempted to get a red Wii today and use the coupon toward a DSi XL tomorrow.

[quote name='io']800 LBP2 CE's for 1400 stores? Bleh - I can't really cancel my Amazon preorder based on those odds. I'll still try to find one at Kmart, though, since I have a $50 coupon that I have no other use for.[/QUOTE]

This if my store has a CE of Dead Space 2 or LBP2 i will buy both.

Did Kmart ever get Super Mario All Stars? I went the day after release and they acted like they'd never heard of it, or didn't know. Everywhere else in town at least acknowledged that they did get it on the 12th and sold out.

I bought it elsewhere but just wondering.

[quote name='warmsignal']Did Kmart ever get Super Mario All Stars? I went the day after release and they acted like they'd never heard of it, or didn't know. Everywhere else in town at least acknowledged that they did get it on the 12th and sold out.

I bought it elsewhere but just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Never try to get a Nintendo-published game on release date from Kmart. They'll insist that it comes out on Tuesday like everything else. No one ever believes that their games come out on Sundays.

[quote name='warmsignal']Did Kmart ever get Super Mario All Stars? I went the day after release and they acted like they'd never heard of it, or didn't know. Everywhere else in town at least acknowledged that they did get it on the 12th and sold out.

I bought it elsewhere but just wondering.[/QUOTE]I got mine at K-Mart and got the $10 credit. They only had 4 copies before I bought mine.

[quote name='Vegan']Never try to get a Nintendo-published game on release date from Kmart. They'll insist that it comes out on Tuesday like everything else. No one ever believes that their games come out on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

I got mine on Sunday.

[quote name='Vegan']Never try to get a Nintendo-published game on release date from Kmart. They'll insist that it comes out on Tuesday like everything else. No one ever believes that their games come out on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

I got mine first thing Sunday morning. In & out within 5 minutes or so :)

Damn I wish I knew about BFBC2 deal, I used my last coupon. Might still pick it up cause it's like getting Vietnam for free plus $5 in points.

Does K-Mart carry Donkey Kong vs. Mario (the newest one) for DS? I didn't see it in store, and now don't see it on their website. I wanted to use my Mario All Stars coupon on it.

Sweetness. I picked up a couple that will make great christmas presents. I must admit, there have been some awesome sales this year!

Anyone pulled off the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition special yet? I haven't had much luck with these deals with my closest Kmart, but would like to stop by today and grab it.

[quote name='ColdBrew']Anyone pulled off the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition special yet? I haven't had much luck with these deals with my closest Kmart, but would like to stop by today and grab it.[/QUOTE]

I am interested in this as well. Do we ring BBC2 and points card together?

Yep, just got back from scoring the last copy of Bad Company 2 Ultimate with the second to last PSN $20 card. Just ring both up on the same transaction and it'll give you the PSN card for free. Awesome deal, thanks Josh!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Yep, just got back from scoring the last copy of Bad Company 2 Ultimate with the second to last PSN $20 card. Just ring both up on the same transaction and it'll give you the PSN card for free. Awesome deal, thanks Josh![/QUOTE]

Awesome, thats some good news! I was hoping nothing would go wrong with this deal.

I also successfully picked up the BC2 Ultimate w/ a $20 PSN card. The cashier was extremely doubtful and had a lot of questions, but eventually rung the two up together and it worked! Thanks, Josh!

The closest store doesn't have any ultimate copies and the other store I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone in the game department. Oh well I'm not really willing to drive all the way out to the second store anyways.

What happened to the list in the OP of the games that were marked down to $20 a month ago or so? Basically, I'm wondering what the K-Mart price of Prototype; seems like it might have been on that list, but I can't remember. And no, I can't just ask at the local K-Mart, because: a) the game is facing spine out b) even if the price tag could be read, it's most likely wrong or c) I can't find an employee to open the game case for me (there was a near riot situation at a K-Mart I was at yesterday, because no help could be found in the electronics section).

[quote name='sgaldis']What happened to the list in the OP of the games that were marked down to $20 a month ago or so? Basically, I'm wondering what the K-Mart price of Prototype; seems like it might have been on that list, but I can't remember. And no, I can't just ask at the local K-Mart, because: a) the game is facing spine out b) even if the price tag could be read, it's most likely wrong or c) I can't find an employee to open the game case for me (there was a near riot situation at a K-Mart I was at yesterday, because no help could be found in the electronics section).[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to that list of PS3 games that were marked down to $20 then those deals no longer apply. The price was only for that week the list was up.

Glad people had luck with the psn cards... However i didnt get the 1600 pts card to ring up free.
Already sent an email to josh. I am guessing that since the board didnt explode that the deal is working for most.
Kmart on east side of bloomington In has 1 copy left for the 360. I even took a 1600pts card from the front of the store to electonics, just for whoever tries next.

[quote name='sgaldis']What happened to the list in the OP of the games that were marked down to $20 a month ago or so? Basically, I'm wondering what the K-Mart price of Prototype; seems like it might have been on that list, but I can't remember. And no, I can't just ask at the local K-Mart, because: a) the game is facing spine out b) even if the price tag could be read, it's most likely wrong or c) I can't find an employee to open the game case for me (there was a near riot situation at a K-Mart I was at yesterday, because no help could be found in the electronics section).[/QUOTE]

sorry i can't answer your question, but upcdatabase is your friend. learn it. use it. love it.

[quote name='salty tbone']sorry i can't answer your question, but upcdatabase is your friend. learn it. use it. love it.[/QUOTE]

Good idea...didn't even think about that. I won't have to deal with the employees at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back