Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salty tbone']I realize I'm a little late, but it's been $14.99 at Kmart for at least a month. (Part of the red tag, UPC sticker bargain bin assortment). Not sure why it's singled out in the BF ad. So yes, you can find it cheaper at Amazon, but I don't think it's worth getting bothered about.[/QUOTE]
Again, I was simply pointing out that the game is cheaper elsewhere right now than Kmart has it singled out for during Black Friday.

It's also cheaper at Amazon today than they had during the Prelude sale this week.

@ SHC Gamer or anyone else who has knowledge of this offer:

I used my rewards card so that I could get the 50,000 bonus points on the red wii offer a week or so back, but they didnt show up right away on the receipt, and the guy at the register told me it could take a week. Well its now been almost 2 weeks since i bought the red wii and still the 50000 points have not posted to my account.

Anyone else in the same situation? Did your bonus points post within 7 days??
Any insight would be appreciated.

[quote name='unseenpunk']@ SHC Gamer or anyone else who has knowledge of this offer:

I used my rewards card so that I could get the 50,000 bonus points on the red wii offer a week or so back, but they didnt show up right away on the receipt, and the guy at the register told me it could take a week. Well its now been almost 2 weeks since i bought the red wii and still the 50000 points have not posted to my account.

Anyone else in the same situation? Did your bonus points post within 7 days??
Any insight would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Curiosity question, did you sign up for the card when you bought the Wii? More specifically, at the register while he was ringing up the Wii?

[quote name='Altanis']Again, I was simply pointing out that the game is cheaper elsewhere right now than Kmart has it singled out for during Black Friday.

It's also cheaper at Amazon today than they had during the Prelude sale this week.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. But if that's the only complaint out of the 30 titles listed for Thanksgiving day, then I think Kmart did OK.

[quote name='kitm9891']Curiosity question, did you sign up for the card when you bought the Wii? More specifically, at the register while he was ringing up the Wii?[/QUOTE]

No, I have been signed up with the rewards program since August.

[quote name='unseenpunk']No, I have been signed up with the rewards program since August.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried manually entering the receipt into the SYWR website yet? If that doesnt work then email them and if all else fails shoot Josh an email and see what he can do.

[quote name='kitm9891']Have you tried manually entering the receipt into the SYWR website yet? If that doesnt work then email them and if all else fails shoot Josh an email and see what he can do.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. where would I find Josh's email?

Sorry if I missed this (this thread moves so fast)...

Does the NBA Jam coupon start on Sunday? I'd like to get it on Friday and then use the coupon on Donkey Kong on Sunday.

Went back to Kmart today to see if I could get a reprint of $25 NFS coupon. Alas, no such luck as I went to electronics (who had no idea what to do) and then customer service (who confirmed it was still $20). It seems that some of the stores, like this one in Seattle, may not have had their registers updated at all.

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Sorry if I missed this (this thread moves so fast)...

Does the NBA Jam coupon start on Sunday? I'd like to get it on Friday and then use the coupon on Donkey Kong on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

If you buy the game before close on Saturday, yes you can use the coupon next week. If you buy the game on Sunday, no, you will have to wait for the 28th for it to activate.

[quote name='ComTruise']Went back to Kmart today to see if I could get a reprint of $25 NFS coupon. Alas, no such luck as I went to electronics (who had no idea what to do) and then customer service (who confirmed it was still $20). It seems that some of the stores, like this one in Seattle, may not have had their registers updated at all.[/QUOTE]

Far as I knew all registers were shutdown at the close each night so when they were started this morning they would have been updated. That's really strange. It's a system wide update from Josh's end to get the coupon to print and stuff so it's nothing the store can do except reboot the machine but that should have happened for every store ...lest you were at a 24 hour Kmart?

hey SHC is the $5 coupons for the WOW Battlechest going to be different than the $5 coupon for just the game? Are they going to have different barcodes?

Can we use gaming coupons we already have on Black Friday if it falls within the date range? My NFS HP coupon is valid 11/21-1/1. I know the coupons we get on Thanksgiving only work on BF, but do coupons we already have work on the great sales prices?

[quote name='Scorch']Can we use gaming coupons we already have on Black Friday if it falls within the date range? My NFS HP coupon is valid 11/21-1/1. I know the coupons we get on Thanksgiving only work on BF, but do coupons we already have work on the great sales prices?[/QUOTE]

the coupons you have will work on bf

I emailed Josh about the collectors editions for Fable 3, fallout, Assasins Creed, and Halo Reach. He told me this--------------------------------------------:So the deal with some of these games is that they are publisher supported as well. So like Fable 3 for instance. I have a rebate per unit sold that Microsoft will help me with to execute the promotion so I do not have all of the markdown burden. They have not offered it on the CE’s in this instance so I can’t afford to take them myself. A little inside look. -----------------------------------------So I assume that means he can\'t do it because Micro$oft are greedy bitches. lol. Anyway, I gave him a reply back with an idea that maybe he might take. Who knows.

On a somewhat unrelated note...if anybody wants to see Epic Mickey in action to gauge whether they really want to pick it up in like 2 weeks you can go here and watch a guy streaming the entire game as he plays it. http://evaxephon.com/stream/

Delete if you want. Just figured I'd share it since so many here were wanting to grab Epic Mickey.

[quote name='thomas10451']I know, no Apache today at 34th street and 7th. Going back Friday hope they have Apache and NBA Jams.[/QUOTE]

The Astor Place one had Apache for both systems. The 34th St one seems to be late with lots of releases

FINALLY got sly collection. went in with the upc number and they finally found it in the back somewhere. now i can only hope that nba jam and donkey kong country returns is a much smoother transaction.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']The Astor Place one had Apache for both systems. The 34th St one seems to be late with lots of releases[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gamer SDP, I will check Astor place before work in the morning.

[quote name='ssr']On a somewhat unrelated note...if anybody wants to see Epic Mickey in action to gauge whether they really want to pick it up in like 2 weeks you can go here and watch a guy streaming the entire game as he plays it. http://evaxephon.com/stream/

Delete if you want. Just figured I'd share it since so many here were wanting to grab Epic Mickey.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope this gets deleted. This guy does nothing but pirate games. No idea how his pathetic site is still up.

never heard of this guy but after watching the stream, i wish i had epic mickey. not gonna buy a wii at this point though. i've only heard of warren spektor but never played deus ex. i'm buying the new version for ps3. hopefully, it lives up to the original.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i've only heard of warren spektor but never played deus ex. i'm buying the new version for ps3. hopefully, it lives up to the original.[/QUOTE]

He's not involved with the new Deus Ex. The new Deus Ex is going to be trash.

SHC gamer, can you consider giving us longer dates on the coupons now that the dates are going to be further apart? I bought hot pursuit today and see it's only valid till 1-1-01 and there is nothing coming out in december worth a hoot so it's going to be wasted :[

[quote name='handsome_bitch']So I assume that means he can\'t do it because Micro$oft are greedy bitches. lol. Anyway, I gave him a reply back with an idea that maybe he might take. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

You are the worst.

Did you even read what he said? Do you have an understanding of basic business principles?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']SHC gamer, can you consider giving us longer dates on the coupons now that the dates are going to be further apart? I bought hot pursuit today and see it's only valid till 1-1-01 and there is nothing coming out in december worth a hoot so it's going to be wasted :[[/QUOTE]

I asked him this a few weeks ago and he said there was nothing he could do about extending the coupons past 45 days until at least sometime next year. I think I'm going to wait on Gran Turismo 5 and see if he puts it on sale sometime in December so I can use the extra coupons I will end up with.

Well, the goal of the coupons is not to allow you to sit on them until a new release comes out. Eventually you'll have to use them on something that's not on sale or a new release.

:( i wish there was a more basic version of the PS3, i can't drop $250 buy i want a blu ray player, and i don't want to spend $100 bucks on one just to make it useless when i get a PS3.

still waiting for gamestop ad to make my decisions, they usually get a flood of use games turned in before BF, so i am hoping to at least be able to get COD BO used in a B2G1.

[quote name='jer7583']Well, the goal of the coupons is not to allow you to sit on them until a new release comes out. Eventually you'll have to use them on something that's not on sale or a new release.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm surprised they last as long as they do to be honest. I think people fail to realize that certain limitations are what allows these offers to exist in the first place.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Exactly. I'm surprised they last as long as they do to be honest. I think people fail to realize that certain limitations are what allows these offers to exist in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I thought the point of the coupons was to get people to keep coming back to the store. I would not go to k mart with all the trouble and time it takes to go to one if my 20 dollar gaming coupon ran out after one use. That would make two 59.99 games essentially 49.99 each plus tax. Not the most efficient use of money.

[quote name='thegreek']Just picked up NFS:HP. Got my $25. And, they had about 10 Sly Coopers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sinned47']FINALLY got sly collection. went in with the upc number and they finally found it in the back somewhere. now i can only hope that nba jam and donkey kong country returns is a much smoother transaction.[/QUOTE]

Must be nice. I just left the store in Whitemarsh, MD and no Sly. I asked if they maybe had them in the back and was told" no" even though the guy didn't even know what game I was talking about when I asked for it.

I then called another Kmart in Towson, MD and after being on hold for about 10 minutes I was also told they didn't have it.

What gives? I have a$ 25 coupon that expires in two days and that is the only game I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']I went to both NYC stores everyday this week and no Sly Collection.[/QUOTE]

I don't check both stores, but I do check #7777 regularly. SHC says they have it, I don't see it (the store puts the games in alphabetical order too). I also asked... They do have Apache Assault, I got it yesterday, no problem applying the SYWR points and getting $30 gaming coupon.

hi I buy quantities of games for resell and always use my SYWR card. Why after 5-10 separate transactions does my card become suspended and they require me to call an 800 number?

[quote name='Maraxus']hi I buy quantities of games for resell and always use my SYWR card. Why after 5-10 separate transactions does my card become suspended and they require me to call an 800 number?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you already answered your own question.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I thought the point of the coupons was to get people to keep coming back to the store. I would not go to k mart with all the trouble and time it takes to go to one if my 20 dollar gaming coupon ran out after one use. That would make two 59.99 games essentially 49.99 each plus tax. Not the most efficient use of money.[/QUOTE]

Josh has done what he can to where if you buy games regularly enough it is extremely beneficial to keep coming back to the store for the coupons. However from a profit-margin perspective K-Mart hopes you never use them. Let's face it, if all of us ONLY bought games with coupons to where EVERY transaction involved both redeeming a coupon and getting a new one, and we NEVER bought ANYTHING else in the store, K-Mart would be losing quite a bit of money. I'm still not sure how they can do it unless generating a coupon gives them a loophole where that money comes off a different way or something.

Being a husband and father I'll be the first to say that I use coupons all the time and most all of them have a fairly short window. While those are not geared so much at repeated visits via a coupon "train", it still doesn't make any sense to have coupons be valid for very long.

The best response to this though was already mentioned and that is if it could have been done it would have, but I'd rather have some window of opportunity than none at all.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Being a husband and father[/QUOTE]

Apparently you're a smart man too. I agree with everything you just said. People need to realize that if Kmart was doing this ALL for us Gamers then instead of coupons we'd just walk in and get a free game (which sometimes it feels like I'm already doing!)

To expect Josh to create earth shattering deals JUST so you can use your last coupon on it is absurd... what if that one has a coupon too? What then? What if the next and the next have a coupon too? Stop whinning that you're already saving all this money off otherwise MSRP stuff and get over it.

[quote name='salty tbone']I realize I'm a little late, but it's been $14.99 at Kmart for at least a month. (Part of the red tag, UPC sticker bargain bin assortment). Not sure why it's singled out in the BF ad. So yes, you can find it cheaper at Amazon, but I don't think it's worth getting bothered about.[/QUOTE]
Actually a simple one here. This title represents an assortment of titles that are in the value fixture at the front of the store. There is no sale associated with them but by picturing one of the skus from the assortment it creates signs for the entire fixture.

[quote name='Dwarfman']Apparently you're a smart man too. I agree with everything you just said. People need to realize that if Kmart was doing this ALL for us Gamers then instead of coupons we'd just walk in and get a free game (which sometimes it feels like I'm already doing!)

To expect Josh to create earth shattering deals JUST so you can use your last coupon on it is absurd... what if that one has a coupon too? What then? What if the next and the next have a coupon too? Stop whinning that you're already saving all this money off otherwise MSRP stuff and get over it.[/QUOTE]

Whos talking about "killer deals" here? I think 40 bucks is the perfect price for new releases. All of these games now are no more the 10 hours long and released half done. If publishers really think that's acceptable practice then eventually Ill stop gaming. And I bet im not alone, it wears a little thin over time that's all.

There has not been any kind of real deals on new games since circuit city closed up, and I really like this coupon train idea alot. It keeps me going back over and over. However I know it is not economical to use a coupon and not get one back. End of the line. How is this whining, It's just bringing up a valid point.

I show my appreciation to Josh and K mart by continuing to buy brand new games from K mart, otherwise I have no issue buying used from gamestop or other B and M stores here in Seattle. It's better for the publisher to get deals at retail so at least they see the money. If the market says people are willing to spend 40 bucks on new releases so be it, time to move out of their giant downtown offices and settle for less like the rest of us have too lately.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']GRAN TURISMO 5 CE UPDATE - Sorry for those CE fans out there but Kmart will not be getting any CEs for GT5's release next week.[/QUOTE]

I see that on Kmart.com it is still on there. Josh, is there going to be any "online" coupon/promo if you order online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back