Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my first letdown today, thankfully it's not a huge one. Went to pick up Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit but the guy said they hadn't gotten them in yet, and wasn't sure when they would. He was a friendly guy, though, and actually knew about the coupons.

[quote name='MrBudah']quick question, AC: Brotherhood is going to be on sale for $39.99 on thanksgiving day, can i use my $25 worth of points i got from Black Ops on it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Points are just like currency and can be used in any transaction.

SHC Josh

I have a quick question about Sears/Kmarts pricematch policies. I was wondering if it's possible to pricematch Kmart's blackfriday deal at a Sears. Incase one or more games run out of stock at Kmart since I have only one thats within a reasonable distance. I know about the pricematch plus thats offered at both stores but really could use some official word on it.

kmart does not price match.

also, retailers don't pricematch black friday deals because "doorbusters" are never in stock and all pricematch policies include a clause about being in stock.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Completely understand! Would you mind posting your store location again.

Fed up with this type of thing, I really am. I'm really sorry bud.[/QUOTE]

Store #9147 I mean unless their inventory is wrong, but I doubt it is since no one really made an effort to find it except for peering into the case, which I had already done before I asked for help. Not to mention I was also told by another associate to check back next Tuesday.

Honestly I feel a bit uncomfortable saying the store # because I don't want to get anyone in trouble with the economy how it is and people just trying to make a living, but at the same time it's undermining all of your efforts.

I remember working at a music/movie/game store in college and every Monday night we would have to stay after close until all of the new releases for Tuesday were put out. Might not be a bad thing to push for.

[quote name='themon']Hello josh,

would it be possible for you to contact and inform the myrtle beach SC kmart as to how the coupons work? a few of the associates understand the program but the management seems to have no idea and make up rules, like coupons with different dollar amount stack and the numbers are all unique, like if you bought the same game in 2 different transactions you would get 2 different numbers.

I really love all you are doing but its a drag when the store wont let you use your coupons.

thanks[/QUOTE]
Sent them an email off the email you sent me today.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sent them an email off the email you sent me today.[/QUOTE]

Oh thank you so much, and sorry to ask twice i just figured with how many ppl ask you questions it wouldnt hurt to ask both ways.

Really thanks again

[quote name='themon']Oh thank you so much, and sorry to ask twice i just figured with how many ppl ask you questions it wouldnt hurt to ask both ways.

Really thanks again[/QUOTE]
No prob!

By my own coupon program! I accidentally threw away $65 in coupons and I don't have the receipts. Kind of sucks......

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']By my own coupon program! I accidentally threw away $65 in coupons and I don't have the receipts. Kind of sucks......[/QUOTE]

if it makes you feel better i lost 50 or 55, i put them in a safe place to avoid fading and forgot about them

I wonder what would happen if either Josh or Stock Boy went to a Kmart to buy a new release and the employee said "we didn't receive it yet and to come back later"?

[quote name='Readthepost']I wonder what would happen if either Josh or Stock Boy went to a Kmart to buy a new release and the employee said "we didn't receive it yet and to come back later"?[/QUOTE]
Oh it's happened :)

[quote name='Shimmerz']
Honestly I feel a bit uncomfortable saying the store # because I don't want to get anyone in trouble with the economy how it is and people just trying to make a living, but at the same time it's undermining all of your efforts.
.[/QUOTE]

Why feel uncomfortable though?

The employees aren't doing their job. If they aren't doing their job, they should be replaced. You're not asking them for a lot by asking them to sell you games they have, and they are just going to cause other employees to potentially lose their jobs since they are blocking sales and decreasing revenue.

You even said it yourself that no one is making an effort to sell you the product they have. Those are the types of people K-Mart can do without.

[quote name='animalspinners']Why feel uncomfortable though?

The employees aren't doing their job. If they aren't doing their job, they should be replaced. You're not asking them for a lot by asking them to sell you games they have, and they are just going to cause other employees to potentially lose their jobs since they are blocking sales and decreasing revenue.

You even said it yourself that no one is making an effort to sell you the product they have. Those are the types of people K-Mart can do without.[/QUOTE]
Do not feel uncomfortable. We're not looking to get anyone fired. We want to help them understand how to serve the best way possible.

The poll wording is confusing me. I clicked yes, because my store has had issues with new releases, but I don't think it should be something that's great to hear.

Too slow, never mind.

[quote name='animalspinners']Why feel uncomfortable though?

You even said it yourself that no one is making an effort to sell you the product they have. Those are the types of people K-Mart can do without.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I'm just too considerate sometimes I guess. They're much older ladies and a gentleman who doesn't seem all there so there aren't a lot of quality jobs out there that are easily accessible to said demographics. Therefore my conscience kicks in and says its just a game; is it worth possibly getting them in trouble and risking affecting their income and to those they provide for? Granted thats their responsibility but most of the time I choose to be the bigger person, not to say that if my buttons are pushed properly I won't speak up :p

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I transposed the Yes and No. So stupid. I'll ask to create a new one.[/QUOTE]
Lol, was just going to mention that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm sorry but I did not create a poll correctly. Could I have this one taken down so I can replace it. Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Click the icon of the paper with the red symbol next to the "quote" on the first post.. i'm pretty sure clicking that button sends off an alarm somewhere at CAG HQ because mods usually fly in almost immediately

Any info on if this damn SYWR program will ever be fixed? Still waiting to see if my COD points posted, but can't log in.

[quote name='Scorch']Click the icon of the paper with the red symbol next to the "quote" on the first post.. i'm pretty sure clicking that button sends off an alarm somewhere at CAG HQ because mods usually fly in almost immediately[/QUOTE]
Just did, thanks.

So is there a shortage of Apache: Air Assualt games? My local store (#3907) said they never got it, so I had my Dad check the hometown store (#7024) 350 miles away and they didn't get it either.............

Getting fed up with lack of new releases @ big K. Wasted several lunch breaks trying to get games..........

[quote name='Fonz72']So is there a shortage of Apache: Air Assualt games? My local store (#3907) said they never got it, so I had my Dad check the hometown store (#7024) 350 miles away and they didn't get it either.............

Getting fed up with lack of new releases @ big K. Wasted several lunch breaks trying to get games..........[/QUOTE]
No shortage, I'm sure they received it. This issue is getting major attention internally and we'll get this improved.

Then I go ahead and screw up the poll.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No shortage, I'm sure they received it. This issue is getting major attention internally and we'll get this improved.

Then I go ahead and screw up the poll.[/QUOTE]

You suck! YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!! :evil:

:lol:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm sorry but I did not create a poll correctly. Could I have this one taken down so I can replace it. Thanks!!![/QUOTE]
Making sure this stays up at the top.

Josh - Will Donkey Kong Returns be in the ad this Sunday? Does it clearly say "Available 11/21?" or anything pointing to the fact its a Sunday release?

Can you post the UPC / KSN / whatever we need to have to prove to the employees it is there this Sunday?

I'm just preparing myself for all the possible situations come Sunday.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Then I go ahead and screw up the poll.[/QUOTE]
I think you should leave it. It's an accurate portrayal of what to expect at the store. :lol:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll have the UPC ready. I don't think it mentions it in the ad.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything you have in your bag of tricks to counter the "We have Donkey Kong, but it's not for sale until Tuesday, like all other games. Games don't come out Sunday, ever" statement?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No shortage, I'm sure they received it. This issue is getting major attention internally and we'll get this improved.

Then I go ahead and screw up the poll.[/QUOTE]

The Apache $30 coupon was only available on 16 NOV, correct? Any chance of a future sale or coupon?

[quote name='Fonz72']The Apache $30 coupon was only available on 16 NOV, correct? Any chance of a future sale or coupon?[/QUOTE]

Why would a new release have a coupon that only prints on one day? Apache's $30 coupon prints until close Saturday night

[quote name='Scorch']Why would a new release have a coupon that only prints on one day? Apache's $30 coupon prints until close Saturday night[/QUOTE]

Yea, my bad - misread the OP

ahhh.. does Josh have an evil clone??
K-mart thinks it is great that people are having issues buying new releases?
:roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='wbc1228']ahhh.. does Josh have an evil clone??[/QUOTE]
Lol, too bad he doesn't use an avatar because I'd totally make a remaG-CHS account.

Hey Josh, the waterloo, Ia store also has many issues putting out new games. How can a store not have a single copy of Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, or Apache on the floor???

A CAG said he got a copy of some of them yesterday and when I went and asked they said they couldnt find anything. Why are stores so stupid?!?!?!

[quote name='wbc1228']ahhh.. does Josh have an evil clone??
K-mart thinks it is great that people are having issues buying new releases?
:roll::roll::roll:

he meant it's great to hear your feedback so he can improve service at all K-Mart stores.

[quote name='kingtopher']Can I use the rewards points I got a couple weeks ago even if I haven't gotten my card yet in the mail? Can I just give my account number?[/QUOTE]

I can answer this. Yes! And if you happen to have an iPhone, you can install a free app called CardStar and it has the Kmart shop your way rewards card in it, just enter your account number and now you have a digital card that scans (if the equipment they use is in this century). Now, you don't have to wait for your card in the mail!

That app might be available on other smart phones but I'm not sure.

AC brotherhood and NFShp STILL not available at big k in northport AL and tuscaloosa AL!!! i'll check again either tomorrow or saturday cuz hopefully it will arrive with nba jam but COME ON!!!! the coups deals are about to expire! :(

and add +1 on the poll on whichever side means you've have had issues!!! i'd say about 33% of the time i have issues with new releases not being there, which is disconcerting because everyone else seems to have em on tuesday...

you know Josh, Walmart doesnt ever seem to have stock problems and they are supposedly under compensating employees. Maybe you should start a program to punish bad stores!!

Props to my store Brandon, FL Big Kmart. Electronics section is always stocked and organized. If you guys are experiencing issues at your local store just ask to speak to a manager and then in a detailed email explain the situation to SHC. Once the associates find out you are not just a regular jack ass they will be more responsive to you and even be more eager to help you. Kmart was my first job at 16 and there are plenty of ass hats in retail you just have to know how to handle different people. When I walk in my electronics section they always know who I am and that I am going to need something out of the game case. I usualy have a 2-3 minute conversation with the associate then buy what I want and she asks me if everything rung up correctly and makes sure all my coupons are correct.

[quote name='merchie89']you know Josh, Walmart doesnt ever seem to have stock problems and they are supposedly under compensating employees. Maybe you should start a program to punish bad stores!![/QUOTE]

Around here, no store has problems putting out games - just K-Mart. It's definitely a K-Mart specific problem and it's easy to understand Josh's frustrations because if no other chain is having this problem, why is K-Mart? And on such a large scale, at that?

It's not even a regional thing, as it seems a large group of K-Mart's all across the US just don't put out the product when it comes in.

Personally, I blame it on the training (or lack thereof) and the leads / managers.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention, last night I was watching the news and there was a story about Kmart and their efforts to fix issues that lead to the buyout by Sears and how social networking was helping bring the name back up. I did not catch all of it but it was interesting. Bay News 9 is the station in Tampa. As soon as the store can get all of its associates on board the sky is the limit. Keep the deals coming.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']GRAN TURISMO 5 CE UPDATE - Sorry for those CE fans out there but Kmart will not be getting any CEs for GT5's release next week.[/QUOTE]

Please please please try to get some Little Big Planet 2 CE when it comes out. Two of my cousins and I all want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back