Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WKT']Question about NYC K-Mart stores: Will I get a new gaming coupon if I purchase Epic Mickey or does this mean I can use savings coupons from non-NYC stores to buy Epic Mickey but won't receive a new coupon since the circular is not effective here?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You will get a new gaming coupon if you purchase Epic Mickey.

If you're looking for the LE, they were out of stock at the Herald Square location last night at 7, but the Astor Place store had them still at 8. They were in the back tho, so I'm not sure how many they had.

The lady said to check back after 4 PM today at Griffith, Indiana because that was when they would be finished unloading a truck. I am going to call them after class most likely around 6 PM or so. After this I will probably take the remaining coupons and dump them on something that's already in stock as well. I have a huge back log as it is and don't need to be dealing with so much trouble for something I won't get around to playing for a little while.

So much math and logic fail in this thread it blows my mind.

i'll let fate decide the coupon train. if kmart has epic mickey ce, i'll keep it rolling. If not, i'm done. Having to read this thread and all the shadiness in here is more depressing than not finding stuff in stock.

[quote name='Gears24']Going back to Griffith Indiana K-Mart tomorrow to try and get that fat ass black lady to do her fucking job. There better be Golden Sun Dark Dawn in the game case or I am gonna bust a cap in her ass! No lie![/QUOTE]

I quite honestly see no reason why your description of her was even necessary. Its one thing to be annoyed with the service or lack of products for a sale but to make comments about her appearance is a little over the line imo.

WOW Timecards - Saw someone post on here asking about these and yes, we are actually getting some to have in stores at the time of launch. These should be in stores in time for the 12/7 street date.

[quote name='kitm9891']I quite honestly see no reason why your description of her was even necessary. Its one thing to be annoyed with the service or lack of products for a sale but to make comments about her appearance is a little over the line imo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was pretty heated. I'll edit it now. Sorry.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']WOW Timecards - Saw someone post on here asking about these and yes, we are actually getting some to have in stores at the time of launch. These should be in stores in time for the 12/7 street date.[/QUOTE]

Will these likely count as a gaming item (similar to Live points and PSN cards) and be eligible for coupon use? I figure they should, but I just wanted to check.

Back up to around 75 issues, I'm doing my best to keep up. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Seems like the $15 is generally working along with Epic Mickey, good to hear!!!

Just got back from Lemay ferry location in StL. Picked up a paintbrush and collectors with relative ease. Coupon printed out and I even won a ka'ching prize...
They had a lot of collectors and regular editions left and only a few paintbrushes, overall a great experience!

[quote name='confoosious']So much math and logic fail in this thread it blows my mind.[/QUOTE]
Come on, chime in. You know you want to. :) /stirs the pot

I'll just leave it at this: I like to record expenses when they occur. So for the EM coupons, I'd rather record it as a $5 and $5 expense for one case and one game when they happened, than a $0 and $10 expense now. It makes it easier to figure out where my money went and when than trying to shift things around. I try to stick to out-of-pocket where possible. So any bonus coupons, even if they're the reason I'm getting something, I only consider an intangible bonus until they're realized as a discount in the future. In the end, it's six-of-one, really. The total you spent never changes, only the way in which you figure you got there. Whether a game I get is considered $5 or $10, the end result is the same.

I got a game for cheap.

[quote name='JAlbertL']hey guys,

I went Kmart to buy DJ Hero. It was $39.99. I used $35 in coupons so I actually paid like $5 and change. However, no coupon printed out. Was I supposed to get one? I thought my purchase would qualify for the $15 coupon when you buy any game $39.99 and up.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

did you buy the dj hero standalone?
or the dj hero with turntable (which counts as hardware which is really dumb)

[quote name='Scorch']So if I buy the Epic Mickey CE, I'll get both the $30 gc and the $15 gc?[/QUOTE]

N0

read the first post.

$15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer

[quote name='Carlys #1 Fan']Hello everyone. The $20 kmart gaming coupon for buying Epic Mickey is very tempting. My problem is I asked for it for chrsitmas but don't want to miss this deal... if I buy the game and get the $20 coupon and then also get the game for christmas, when I go to return teh game will the coupon still work?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you return the Mickey you receive as a gift and keep the one you buy from Kmart?

I just listened to the thatgamer podcast (or tried to at least). Damn Josh, I hope your Christmas bonus and Kmart discount will allow you to find a better phone. I had to turn it off as I couldn't deal with that connection. You sounded like you were swallowing the phone. :D

[quote name='Ivanhoe']N0

read the first post.

$15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Although I would have worded it something like "...with exception of Epic Mickey, which has a separate offer" to be clearer.

Josh, Any new coupon deals for December yet? I don't want the coupon train to end! I got Epic Mickey CE & Call of Duty Black Ops yesterday and I'm trying to plan my month. Thanks!

[quote name='rogus']Josh, Any new coupon deals for December yet? I don't want the coupon train to end! I got Epic Mickey CE & Call of Duty Black Ops yesterday and I'm trying to plan my month. Thanks![/QUOTE]

With a general lack of new releases, I think it's time for some points card sales. Or second chance sales. I trust in Josh's creativity... and determination.

[quote name='probin74243']With a general lack of new releases, I think it's time for some points card sales. Or second chance sales. I trust in Josh's creativity... and determination.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good something like Buy 1 $20 PSN card get a 1600 point Xbox card free 12-5 thru infinity;)

The Santa Paula, CA store still claims to have not received any copies of either version of Epic Mickey. I'm holding out hope that since they still have CEs of ACB, New Vegas, Halo Reach, and GoldenEye, that means I'll be able to get an Epic Mickey CE this week.

I tried to use my $25 in Rewards points earned from my Black Ops purchase today. The cashier and a manager at Kmart could not get it to work, even though they saw the points were there. I ended up just buying Epic Mickey with the $15 off coupon, since I figured I could just use the $25 in Rewards for some Christmas toy shopping.
Later I ordered online at Kmart.com and it showed my $25 coming off the order. But then I get an email stating the order is on hold because my Rewards points could not be authorized. K-mart says they can't help me, told me to call the Rewards number. Called the Rewards number and they said the probelm was they didn't have my info on the account.
Took my info and it was supposed to correct the problem.
I re-ordered and the exact same thing happened. Now I am on hold again. :whistle2:(

[quote name='probin74243']With a general lack of new releases, I think it's time for some points card sales. Or second chance sales. I trust in Josh's creativity... and determination.[/QUOTE]

I'd love a second-chance sale on Kirby's Epic Yarn, personally.

[quote name='vlv723']It has to be software though. PSN/XBL cards won't count.

Btw, who's the chick in your avatar?[/QUOTE]

My bad, I didn't read the OP again on this deal since I knew cards had deals before and I am pretty sure most of these type deals included all gaming items before. Sucks they dont this time. Oh well.

That chick is Emanuelle Chriqui, best known as Sloan from Entourage on HBO.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004825/http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=b9249fd3d570d064

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Come on, chime in. You know you want to. :) /stirs the pot

I'll just leave it at this: I like to record expenses when they occur. So for the EM coupons, I'd rather record it as a $5 and $5 expense for one case and one game when they happened, than a $0 and $10 expense now. It makes it easier to figure out where my money went and when than trying to shift things around. I try to stick to out-of-pocket where possible. So any bonus coupons, even if they're the reason I'm getting something, I only consider an intangible bonus until they're realized as a discount in the future. In the end, it's six-of-one, really. The total you spent never changes, only the way in which you figure you got there. Whether a game I get is considered $5 or $10, the end result is the same.

I got a game for cheap.[/QUOTE]
Oddly enough, this is exactly how I track my purchases. Whether a coupon was the reason I bought the item in the first place or not, I record the item's cost and make note of the coupon.

So if I got the Epic Mickey case for $5, and then used only the $15 case coupon on the game itself, I got a new Wii case and a game for $40 plus tax. I didn't get the case free and then paid $40 for Epic Mickey, since that would mean I delayed paying for the case until I bought the game (which didn't happen, although that would be nice I guess).

Okay, I'm done stirring the pot for now :D.

[quote name='dino88']I just listened to the thatgamer podcast (or tried to at least). Damn Josh, I hope your Christmas bonus and Kmart discount will allow you to find a better phone. I had to turn it off as I couldn't deal with that connection. You sounded like you were swallowing the phone. :D[/QUOTE]
Haha, I thought the same exact thing when I listened to it last week. I was thinking the whole time that Josh sounded like he had swallowed the phone or something.

[quote name='sotb_96']Omg.....after my great experience last week ( to recap : drove 45 min to Kmart on lunch break ....sent 3 different people to back to get Grand Turismo....none could find it..went back to work..came back after work..after waiting an hour fellow comes out with it....to recap..3 hours wasted not included to 45 min trips out of my way)....BUT tonight...i drive there after being at work until 730,,,,sent two people to back to get Epic Mickey because it of course was not stocked.....i know it was back there because the guy who commented when i bought the Epic Mickey 5.00 box that he saw a box full of em..this was the 24th....of course they claim they couldnt find them..even though this crap is featured big time in sale paper..so im out of 90 minutes of ride time , gas, and no Epic Mickey.....i mean really...IM SO DAMN FRUSTRATED WITH THIS....SHC? THIS IS THE DUBLIN , GEORGIA 31021 KMART!! EVERY DAMN TRANSACTION HAS BEEN AN EXCERCISE IN MULTIPLE TRIPS AND AGGRAVATION grrrr I have about learned the coupons are not worth my time, gas, blood pressure, and sanity.....Have been polite to a fault but damn...calling store manager tomorrow but I know it probably won't matter SOOOOO FRUSTRATING[/QUOTE]

Follow up:

Called the store today..asked to be speak electronics to see if game had been stocked. put on hold for 20 min and had someone ask twice who I was holding for..they come back and say "we never received it sir"....this is after A clerk that is actually useful told me they were in stock way last week....nice...real nice...What do i do? Got the coupons! I just want the %^&*ing game they have splayed all over their sales papers.

Follow up to follow up : Did I mention they stocked the Grand Turismos (that I had to make two trips for last week and 3 hours of my life) by tossing it in a box outside the shelves with the 10.00 to 20.00 shovelware?

I just wanted to drop a line that despite having problems in the past, everything went perfectly today. Everything was already on the shelf, I was asked if I wanted assistance, and all coupons printed exactly as expected.

Picked up Epic Mickey CE, Golden Sun + DQIX, and a copy of SWFU II as a gift (despite not actually being on "sale").

Great job today guys!

[quote name='sotb_96']Follow up:

Called the store today..asked to be speak electronics to see if game had been stocked. put on hold for 20 min and had someone ask twice who I was holding for..they come back and say "we never received it sir"....this is after A clerk that is actually useful told me they were in stock way last week....nice...real nice...What do i do? Got the coupons! I just want the %^&*ing game they have splayed all over their sales papers.

Follow up to follow up : Did I mention they stocked the Grand Turismos (that I had to make two trips for last week and 3 hours of my life) by tossing it in a box outside the shelves with the 10.00 to 20.00 shovelware?[/QUOTE]

1) How is it possible to quote Oscar Wilde and yet have no regard at all for the written word?

2) there really is nothing you can do. you could complain but that's just a waste of time.

[quote name='confoosious']1) How is it possible to quote Oscar Wilde and yet have no regard at all for the written word?

2) there really is nothing you can do. you could complain but that's just a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

I dunno Confoosious...guess I just have no regard....maybe one day I'll do better...wow

it's...just...very...odd....

Oscar Wilde was one of the greatest witticists of his day. A tremendous playwright and brilliant all around.

It's almost like if Fire Thief started quoting Whitman.

I apologize for the diversion.

Anyway, you're screwed.

I just purchased Golden Sun, but I have a problem. Golden is supposed to be the last game I am thinking about purchasing this year, so I was thinking if I should return it next week and rebuy it with the coupons I have. I am just getting a bit ticked off by the coupons now just cause I don't know what to buy them with and how the coupons become valid at a later time doesn't really make it any easier for me.

Josh and or Stock Boy,

Is there any way to tell when the 2000 Nintendo Points cards are going to be back in stock at either the New Hope or Blaine, MN Kmarts? I have my $20 and $15 coupons... but it looks like no Points cards are available =|

[quote name='confoosious']it's...just...very...odd....

Oscar Wilde was one of the greatest witticists of his day. A tremendous playwright and brilliant all around.

It's almost like if Fire Thief started quoting Whitman.

I apologize for the diversion.

Anyway, you're screwed.[/QUOTE]
I always figured Fire_Thief as a fan of the Russian masters. Tolstoy or Dostoevsky. Maybe some P.G. Wodehouse if he was feeling cheeky.

But the question is, confoosius, does anyone still practice the fine art of Bunburying?

Follow up to follow up : Did I mention they stocked the Grand Turismos (that I had to make two trips for last week and 3 hours of my life) by tossing it in a box outside the shelves with the 10.00 to 20.00 shovelware?[/QUOTE]

I am beginning to feel that most people that deal with going into Kmart for game purchases have a horror story to tell. I am kind of going through the same thing with Golden Sun at the Kmart in my area. However, it sounds like this game is a bit understocked, nothing like GT5. Calling the store is like sticking your hand in a blender except a lot more painful. I had one guy tell me today that he never heard of Golden Sun so it must not be out yet...

On the flip side there are some great employees in the electronics area at Kmart. Getting to actually talk to them is another story.

never thought i'd see PG Wodehouse on CAG!

Sometimes I feel like Larry David.

It sure is slow around here.

(btw- i know witticist is not a real word.)

[quote name='confoosious']never thought i'd see PG Wodehouse on CAG!

Sometimes I feel like Larry David.

It sure is slow around here.

(btw- i know witticist is not a real word.)[/QUOTE]
I never thought I'd see Wilde discussed either, so I guess it's new experiences all around. :) I haven't read much Wodehouse really, but I've watched several episodes from the old BBC series Jeeves & Wooster with Laurie and Fry, and I enjoyed them more than well enough that reading them is on my "to-do" list.

My apologies to Josh for hijacking his thread to talk about literature. It is a bit slow. It's the post-BF, post-Q4-release lull we're in at the moment. All the better for my wallet anyways, after the last few months. Totaling it up quickly in my head, I'm looking at around $400 or more that I've spent at just Kmart since Josh started these deals.

Any chance you could email me with the issue if you have not already?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Come on, chime in. You know you want to. :) /stirs the pot

I got a game for cheap.[/QUOTE]

That's totally fine, as long as you understand that at some point (in the case of Kmart, that's basically when you first step aboard the coupon train) you are paying full retail or even more than you would pay other places for the same items. For example, DKC was available from Amazon and Costco for around $43 during release week. Similarly, you could have gotten a Wii from Amazon and other retailers around Black Friday for as low as $170. If you have tax in your state and no tax on Amazon, the math becomes even starker. In California for example, to get that $40 coupon, it would have cost $220 with tax for the Wii and $55 for DKC versus $250 or less at Amazon, i.e. a minium of a $25 difference and even more if you got the $43 DKC price and the $170 Wii.

Ultimately, I agree that Kmart and the coupon train yields some great deals, but it is completely ridiculous to claim that you are spending $54 and getting $60 in coupons back without acknowledging that to get that amazing bargain, you spent full MSRP on several items and will have to spend over $60 on additional items to use the new coupons since many of the coupons can't be stacked in the current batch and if an item is less than the coupon face value, it can't be used, at least not unless you buy another item to bring the total above the coupon value. It's not like you walked into Kmart and gave them $54 and they gave you a bunch of games as well as $60 cash back.

As another example, if I go to Gamestop and put down a deposit of $5 to preorder a game and get a receipt for the purchase and then go back a month later and actually buy the game by giving them the remaining $55, I didn't get the game for $55, I got the game for $60, it's just I paid part in advance and the balance upon pick-up. Kmart coupons and the coupon train are very similar in concept. The only advantage is that at some point, over all your purchases, you do end up getting around a 20% or so total discount from MSRP at least here in California based on my specific purchases.

Ultimately, unless someone else is paying your bills, the total is gonna show up on your credit card bill at the end of the month and you won't be getting a discount on that amount.

I picked up a PS3 system yesterday. I missed the post by Josh saying that next week you get AC:B for free with a PS3 system. Is a free game considered a price match or a deal match? Do I have to return the system and buy it again right there to get the free game or as it will be less than 7 days can I get an adjustment? Anybody go through this before?

[quote name='knightsdwn']Next week's ad is pretty damn good!

Will defer to Josh posting the entire ad but I am really looking forward to :ps3: :360: NBA Jam for $29.99![/QUOTE]
Hey bud, if you get the ads ahead of time, feel free to post them in the thread. IF you'd like, email me as well as I could probably use some help in the OP if you are interested.

The Kmart in Easton, PA doesn't have Goldensun and it says it comes out today. This is the third time they don't have a game on release. :/

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Any chance you could email me with the issue if you have not already?[/QUOTE]
how backed up are you, again?
i mailed you my issue on sunday night/monday morning about last week's specials...

[quote name='knightsdwn']Next week's ad is pretty damn good!

Will defer to Josh posting the entire ad but I am really looking forward to :ps3: :360: NBA Jam for $29.99![/QUOTE]

Sweet, I know what I'm using the new $15 software only coupon on next week. I should be getting a few more today when I pick up some random stuff so I'm looking forward to the rest of the ad.

[quote name='Agent 0017']how backed up are you, again?
i mailed you my issue on sunday night/monday morning about last week's specials...[/QUOTE]
About 75 in the hole. I'm taking my laptop home to try and catch up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back