Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='egorka']Probably because you can't take $30 off of a $29.99 game. The gaming coupon is off a game, not the total amount.[/QUOTE]

It should not matter as long as the total gaming purchase exceeds coupon value.
In my case, it is as follows:

$29.99 (NBA Jam) + $29.99 (RDR) = $59.98 + Tax

When are we gonna get some deals on Kinect games? What about any more deals on systems? I am in the market fo a new 360 but want to wait and see if Kmart will have another deal anytime soon. Anybody have a magic 8ball that will reveal upcoming sales?

Sorry if this has been asked. It is not clear in the OP.
Did this coupon offer end yesterday or is it still active?

" $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer"

[quote name='veedubkid']Sorry if this has been asked. It is not clear in the OP.

" $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer"
Did this coupon offer end yesterday or is it still active?[/QUOTE]
I believe that ended yesterday.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']In his defense...it would be nice to have the deals listed in either the 1st or 2nd post.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is a huuuge thread & having to sift through 100 posts isn't exactly user friendly.

Should I even expect Sin & Punishment to be in stock if it wasn't even in the case anywhere on Friday when I picked up Epic Mickey?

Trends seem to indicate unless it's a new release that week, that it isn't likely more stock was received to allocate for what's advertised in the ad.

[quote name='diishen']wow I just saw the Inception blu-ray price, wish my gaming coupon could work on that =/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning this... Almost forgot that I still have the $15 "movie" coupon from the TS3 deal. After reading the reviews on that movie, it looks like its definitely worthy of this coupon. $7.99 + tax out the door. Sweet!

it does show on their website that you get a software gaming coupon on any game purchase of 39.99 and above.. KMART.

Scroll down a bit, and it is right there. Same deal is still listed for Epic Mickey as well.

If you go to http://www.kmart.com/ on the main page it states " Better than Black Friday Sale" earn 2x points. If you scroll down to "Entertainment" it still shows the epic mickey $20 coupon and the $15 any software over 39.99.
My problem is Kmart is more than a half hour away.

[quote name='foreinter']Can anyone confirm other PS3 greatest hit titles also qualify for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

This was at the K-Mart I went to.

Infamous
Killzone 2
Uncharted
Resistance 2
Resistance
Socom (Game Only)
Saint's Row 2
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Motorstorm (think Pacific Rift)

Each of these games had a $19.99 tag on the display case.

My store also had a Batman AA GotY, but it was not in the red case.

Went to the KMart that I have had issues with in the past to see if Joshs emails have helped the store. Black Ops and Epic Mickey weren't in the case and neither was NBA Jam which was what I was going for. But they did have a buggy full of about 10 WoW Cataclysms just sitting out in the open. After I had someone paged to electronics and I asked if they had NBA Jam they looked in the back for 2 min and said we don't haveit and walked off. Now I'm going 30 minutes out of my way to try another KMart.

[quote name='emg28']I just picked Uncharted and it rang up at $19.99. I got it for $5 after coupon. I wanted to get Uncharted 2 and Demon's Soul but they scanned $39.99 and $29.99, respectively. Demon's Soul had a red GH sticker over the plastic so I think the register is only giving the sale price to the red-cased GH titles.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 is not a Greatest Hit yet, but Demon's Soul should have run up on sale. I've seen it in the red GH case at other chains.

That is weird. Wish SHC would get on here and clarify which titles are supposed to be eligible for the promo.

[quote name='jer7583']That is weird. Wish SHC would get on here and clarify which titles are supposed to be eligible for the promo.[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty safe to say it's only on Sony-published Greatest Hits as we now have two confirmed non-Sony published GH that DON'T ring up on sale.

[quote name='jer7583']
Just to provide a somewhat less "biased" point of view. 3/5 stars on GiantBomb.

And anyone who is advising to go to gamefaqs for reviews does not have your best interests at heart, dear reader.[/QUOTE]

Or, you could go to Destructoid and read a 10/10 review from an auto-sim player (who also loved Forza and gave that a 10/10 when it came out, or you could go to The Sixth Axis (they don't do points) and read another stellar review.

The game is amazing. Can people nit pick it? Sure. You can nitpick anything. But it's really, really good.

[quote name='affa']Or, you could go to Destructoid and read a 10/10 review from an auto-sim player (who also loved Forza and gave that a 10/10 when it came out, or you could go to The Sixth Axis (they don't do points) and read another stellar review.

The game is amazing. Can people nit pick it? Sure. You can nitpick anything. But it's really, really good.[/QUOTE]
Not arguing about whether or not GT5 is a good game, but going to Destructoid for reviews, really? They're the antithesis of quality journalism. They have a professional troll on staff just to rate games terribly to drive page views. It is impossible to take them even remotely serious as a source of news or reviews written with journalistic integrity.

I'm about to head out in a few to see if there's any GH games left @ my Kmart worth having. Only two I'd be interested in are LBP GOTY or GOW collection. I could score both for $5 after coupons.

[quote name='SativaSam']Is K-Mart going to get the Super Mario All Stars collection on the Wii on the 12th? I have a 25$ reward card I need to use.[/QUOTE]

If they do, it probably won't be on display until the 16th or later (if my experience with NBA Jam, Undead Nightmare, GT 5, Donkey Kong, etc. is any indicator).

[quote name='SativaSam']Is K-Mart going to get the Super Mario All Stars collection on the Wii on the 12th? I have a 25$ reward card I need to use.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap thanks for the reminder! :lol:

Maybe I should hold onto my $20 coupon until then...too many games I want to use my coupon on.

I'll probably end up getting GoW Collection and Nostalgia or a MS point card to use up the last of my coupons (unless there's a better deal next week).

*edit* I guess there is a better deal next week. I forgot about Super Mario All Stars Collection. Hmmm...

For anyone in the Torrance, CA area that was looking for the EM cases, the 2 copies that they couldn't find are now in the display case. lol.

Had no problems picking up NBA Jam and Ratchet and Clank ToD today. My store was out of NFS however.

One more coupon left and I'm off the coupon train. As soon as I find NFS this week, I'm done.

Epic Mickey = epic fail?

My Kmart this morning had 6 EM:CE's still in the case. Amazon trade-in price for the game is $12 (for comparison "Pizza Delivery Boy" is $8). I'm getting this for Xmas so haven't played it yet but losing enthusiasm and looking forward to Jan. 18 and LBP2 which would've been my Xmas present.

My Kmart also had the above listed (tribees) GH games for $19.99.

[quote name='emg28']For anyone in the Torrance, CA area that was looking for the EM cases, the 2 copies that they couldn't find are now in the display case. lol.[/QUOTE]

And they'll sit there forever... :lol:

Now that I think about it, even though LBP & GOW Collection are great deals w/ the coupons, they aren't exactly harder to find games like some of the older Wii games $19.99 or less @ Kmart. Considering that I'll be getting a Red Wii in a month or so (before a PS3) it would make more sense for me to pick up some cheap decent Wii games to add to my collection. Especially after realizing that LBP & GOW collection are $19.99 on Amazon now anyways.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']And they'll sit there forever... :lol:[/QUOTE]
LOL my store still has a Fallout New Vegas case/coasters on display.

[quote name='Stimes']LOL my store still has a Fallout New Vegas case/coasters on display.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Do they even ring up in the registers anymore? I know they don't print coupons. I can see it now...5 years from now we'll be talking on the Kmartgamer deals thread about them still being there.

[quote name='jer7583']Remember that standard cars do not have cockpit view or one of the out of car views that premium ones do as well.

Also, watch this quick look of the game
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-gran-turismo-5/17-3535/
and tell me if those loading times and the general nonsensical menu layout is something you're okay with spending a lot of time with. (a requirement to hit this level 40 where the "real game" starts)

Just to provide a somewhat less "biased" point of view. 3/5 stars on GiantBomb.

What really bums me out about GT5 is the totally backwards career progression and opponent driver AI. fucking bumper cars just like it was in 1997. Take the first turn too fast, bump into everyone to avoid slowing down but still take the curve, stay in 1st for 5 minutes.

And anyone who is advising to go to gamefaqs for reviews does not have your best interests at heart, dear reader.[/QUOTE]
Right, GiantBomb's quick look is an hour and thirty minutes long with them sitting at the opening video. Are you really trying to sell a video this long as a "quick look"? You're cracked. They didn't even do the install and the video was posted in 11/25 in the middle of when their online servers were absolutely slammed where it affected anybody currently online. I sure as shit can't call that an unbiased review because it's not.

The install is huge, the game has load screens and the AI is misunderstood. Yeah, you can throw yourself into an overpowered car and do exactly what you said but that doesn't last very long. Online issues cause some menu lag(not very noticeable to me anymore) and there is already a second patch underway. The A and B Spec career progression is a little backwards. The AI is very misunderstood and has it's ups and downs.

As for Premium vs Standard, I don't use the cockpit of the cars because I don't get the proper field of view and it throws off my driving. I'm also not used to driving RIGHT HAND drive cars, so driving in the wrong seat does not look right to me. Personally I think the cockpit views are pretty meh but since unless you're in a mid-seat car, most of the time I never use it because it hinders my driving. If you're going to cry about that, then by all means because I'd rather race a handicapped you.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Do the red label GH games have a different UPC than the same game w/ out the red GH packing? For example LBP GOTY.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's the same UPC. I picked up Killzone 2 in regular case for $19.99 today. In addition to the other titles mentioned, I saw God of War Collection for $19.99. Was hoping Mag and Batman GOTY dropped, but not so.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Not arguing about whether or not GT5 is a good game, but going to Destructoid for reviews, really? They're the antithesis of quality journalism. They have a professional troll on staff just to rate games terribly to drive page views. It is impossible to take them even remotely serious as a source of news or reviews written with journalistic integrity.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right. Destructoid has played their cards in respect to how they go about reviewing games. If you're okay with that, I guess that's fine, but their opinion isn't any more valid than a random message board poster to me.

Giant Bomb however was formed as a result of Jeff Gerstmann not bowing to publisher pressure and losing his job for standing up for his opinion. At that point anyone doubting the integrity of their editorial content is just foolish.

[quote name='Mad39er']Right, GiantBomb's quick look is an hour and thirty minutes long with them sitting at the opening video. Are you really trying to sell a video this long as a "quick look"? You're cracked. They didn't even do the install and the video was posted in 11/25 in the middle of when their online servers were absolutely slammed where it affected anybody currently online. I sure as shit can't call that an unbiased review because it's not.

The install is huge, the game has load screens and the AI is misunderstood. Yeah, you can throw yourself into an overpowered car and do exactly what you said but that doesn't last very long. Online issues cause some menu lag(not very noticeable to me anymore) and there is already a second patch underway. The A and B Spec career progression is a little backwards. The AI is very misunderstood and has it's ups and downs.

As for Premium vs Standard, I don't use the cockpit of the cars because I don't get the proper field of view and it throws off my driving. I'm also not used to driving RIGHT HAND drive cars, so driving in the wrong seat does not look right to me. Personally I think the cockpit views are pretty meh but since unless you're in a mid-seat car, most of the time I never use it because it hinders my driving. If you're going to cry about that, then by all means because I'd rather race a handicapped you.[/QUOTE]

Some people prefer the cockpit view because it is easier to relate to as far as the position of the car in a corner. Those people should know that a good majority of GT5's cars do not have that view available.

I think I might just go pick up GT4 again for $5 from gamestop. I didn't play that one much. I would recommend anyone considering GT5 to maybe do the same. It's not like the game has changed much other than graphics anyway.

I was wondering since next week Super Mario All stars suppose to be coming out, will there be any coupon deal? I know someone mentioned Josh was trying and was wondering if anything came of it. Thanks for the update.

Just came across Kmart website and they are having 20% off on game accessories. I think it is in stores as well.

[quote name='JayFx2']Just came across Kmart website and they are having 20% off on game accessories. I think it is in stores as well.[/QUOTE]
Do you have a link? I saw that Kinect is still full price on kmart.com and nothing new at kamartgamer.com.

[quote name='rjejr']Epic Mickey = epic fail?

My Kmart this morning had 6 EM:CE's still in the case. Amazon trade-in price for the game is $12 (for comparison "Pizza Delivery Boy" is $8). I'm getting this for Xmas so haven't played it yet but losing enthusiasm and looking forward to Jan. 18 and LBP2 which would've been my Xmas present.

My Kmart also had the above listed (tribees) GH games for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

The trade in value for amazon is probably so low because of the Toys R Us glitch where people were getting Epic Mickey and the Guitar Hero Bundle for $60. People probably traded Epic Mickey in to Amazon to have an full band bundle for $30-$35.

[quote name='Stimes']Do you have a link? I saw that Kinect is still full price on kmart.com and nothing new at kamartgamer.com.[/QUOTE]

I just saw the special offer when I click on an accessory item. I am not sure if the kinect is part of the deal, as it says select game accessories.

I went to KMart today with about $115 n gaming coupons, and was going to buy the RockBand keyboard with game bundle. The guy at the register said he could only take 1 coupon, even though on the coupon it clearly sayd that more than 1 can be used. What can I do about this. To the guys credit, he was very nice about it.

[quote name='jmart38']I went to KMart today with about $115 n gaming coupons, and was going to buy the RockBand keyboard with game bundle. The guy at the register said he could only take 1 coupon, even though on the coupon it clearly sayd that more than 1 can be used. What can I do about this. To the guys credit, he was very nice about it.[/QUOTE]

If the gaming coupon have different barcode it will stack, if it has the same bar, it won't. Btw did you use the $10 off 50 coupon as well?

[quote name='JayFx2']If the gaming coupon have different barcode it will stack, if it has the same bar, it won't. Btw did you use the $10 off 50 coupon as well?[/QUOTE]

Which $10 off $50 coupon? Where can I get it.

BTW, I have

(2)$30 coupons, same bar code
(2)$20 coupons, same bar code
(1)$15 coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back