Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nsxviper']Kmart online is offering $20 credit towards a future video game purchase for LBP2 and Mass Effect 2.

Is the 50% towards the second game still in effect in stores?[/QUOTE]
This question again? I know I alone have answered this at least three or four times.
If the 50% off wasn't in stores, why the hell would Josh be talking about it? Obviously, if Kmart's stores are having to stop the coupon offers, any coupon offers on the website will be for the website only.
I understand that this is somehow confusing (actually, I don't), but I promise it's very simple:
Kmart.com is able to tie coupons directly to the account they are given to, thus stopping any abuse. Kmart's store coupons didn't do this.

[quote name='joeshmoe']There really needs to be a way to make it so that there is one K-Mart thread for questions and one K-Mart thread for general info, this is ridiculous. [/QUOTE]
No, one thread is enough. However, the biggest issue this thread suffers from is stupid questions (and yes, there are such things as stupid questions). Some people just ask some pretty stupid questions, or they ask something that's been answered so many times it's unbelievable that it needs asked again.

[quote name='n45800']I have a question about LBP2 and ME2. If I buy LBP2, ME2, and another $60 game, will I get two 50% discounts or one?

Like:
ME2 (59.99) + LBP2 (30 due to half off from ME2) + Game 3 (30, half off due to LBP2).
or would it require a 4th game?
ME2 (59.99) + Game 3 (30, half off from ME2) + LBP2 (59.99) + Game 4 (30, half off due to LBP2)[/QUOTE]
You would need to buy 4 games. You don't get 50% off multiple games for each copy of ME2 or LBP2 that you buy; you get 50% off ONE game. If you buy three games (ME2, LBP2, something else), you only meet the requirements for 50% off one game. Period.

Also, we've had pages of discussions (depending on how you view CAG in your settings) on this exact scenario already. I promise it's there. It's been asked at least 5 times if your exact scenario would work, and not only have other CAGs said no, Josh himself has.

[quote name='FactionG']I'm not sure if this has been answered but is Dead Space 2 CE going to be available at Kmart? I understand LBP2 CE is very limited.[/QUOTE]
I suggest searching through SHC Stock Boy's posts. He has posted (and many other CAGs have posted as well) about the Dead Space 2 CE. In short, EA stiffed Kmart.

[quote name='bretfav']My favorite game last year by far, and with all the DLC. Wow!

Epic Mickey was on sale for 19.99? I shoud've waited. Even with the $15 coupon (well really $10).[/QUOTE]
It's on sale for $19.99 when you buy Donkey Kong Country Returns. Why it rang up $9.99 for the other poster is beyond me.

[quote name='sadboy']I'd be like, "Why are there two threads? This is ridiculous!"[/QUOTE]
I agree. Two threads is pretty pointless. If people feel like Josh is intentionally missing their posts (and I assure them, he's not), imagine having two or more threads to monitor. He'd miss a lot of stuff, just because he doesn't really have the time I'm sure to spend on monitoring every single post on CAG.

I had a longer addition here, but Firefox decided to screw up on me and I lost it. Oh well.

[quote name='joeshmoe']There really needs to be a way to make it so that there is one K-Mart thread for questions and one K-Mart thread for general info, this is ridiculous. [/QUOTE]
Naw, this works.

Oh man, I'm gonna wake up early before work to see if I can get an LBP 2 CE at the K-Mart near my house so I can use my $50 coupon on it. Wooo, I hope I get it.

[quote name='joeshmoe']I'm pretty sure you would have to do 4 games to fully get the 50% deal.

Or just get ME2 and LBP2 and get each of them for $30[/QUOTE]

Please tell me that you don't think you can just buy ME2 and LBP2 and get them both for $60. I can't tell if you're still referring to the first scenario or not, but it has been covered countless times by Josh himself (as well as common sense) that you buy one game at 59.99 and get a second 59.99 game at half off. It really couldn't be any easier to understand.

For guaranteed results I would suggest doing two transactions if you want to get four games overall. One pair including ME2 and another pair with LBP2.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Please tell me that you don't think you can just buy ME2 and LBP2 and get them both for $60. I can't tell if you're still referring to the first scenario or not, but it has been covered countless times by Josh himself (as well as common sense) that you buy one game at 59.99 and get a second 59.99 game at half off. It really couldn't be any easier to understand.

For guaranteed results I would suggest doing two transactions if you want to get four games overall. One pair including ME2 and another pair with LBP2.[/QUOTE]

I fully expect to get LBP2 and ME2 for 30 cents each.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I fully expect to get LBP2 and ME2 for 30 cents each.[/QUOTE]
only if they're 30 cents with $25 coupons attached to them, amirite?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I fully expect to get LBP2 and ME2 for 30 cents each.[/QUOTE]

That's something called circular reference... it just won't work :cool:

[quote name='nsxviper']Kmart online is offering $20 credit towards a future video game purchase for LBP2 and Mass Effect 2.

Is the 50% towards the second game still in effect in stores?[/QUOTE]
Online has the coupons going like regular, instore is the bogo.

[quote name='Tgebbs']Enjoying the Chicago weather today Josh? lack of deals isn't the only reason January sucks.

sorry, if this has been asked recently, but is there a ps3 console deal in the foreseeable future? appreciated.[/QUOTE]
We'll have a $50 gift card deal in a week or so.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']See your here today Josh, So if the local big K doesn't have MS point cards for Dead space 2, which means they would have to get them by next week and they seem to have been out for months, then what other option do I have come next tuesday? I looked in front of the store too, Tacoma and Lakewood Kmarts have been out, or they get a few and sell that fast?? I am in almost weekly.
thanks bud[/QUOTE]
I'll take care of CAG's whose stores cannot locate their cards. We are working on having more sent to the stores. They are our best selling accessory item so at least some stores have them!!!

Although you haven't finalized the deal yet, do you know what type of deal MvC3 will likely be (% off another game, free item, SYWR, etc.)? Sorry if this has been asked, or if you cannot answer it yet.

[quote name='MaskedPlague']Nope, expected 19.99, got 9.99. I would scan the receipt, but I don't have a scanner.[/QUOTE]
Originally it was set up for 9.99, but it had to be changed by proofing. Anyone else notice this?

[quote name='namehtmas']Although you haven't finalized the deal yet, do you know what type of deal MvC3 will likely be (% off another game, free item, SYWR, etc.)? Sorry if this has been asked, or if you cannot answer it yet.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could tell you actually. Definitely still TBD, working on something though.

[quote name='cjtiger300']Is the blog getting updated later tonight? Last post I can see is from Dec 27.[/QUOTE]
Working on it now actually.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Let's make the pain of the coupons going away be alleviated by posting the winter clearance list! Yaaay![/QUOTE]

I'd actually like to this happen soon, or at least after the LBP2, ME2, and DS2 coupons end.

[quote name='AutoPilotOff']I was at kmart yesterday and they had borderlands GOTY edition marked down to 19.99. I had 15 dollars off from when I bought WoW Cata so I got it for 5 bucks. I think they only ment regular borderlands for 19.99 because it rang up 39.99 and they had to get a manager to enter code to 19.99 but oh well. Cant beat borderlands and all its DLC for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Whoa is this a permanent drop at Kmart or is this just a weekly sale for Borderlands?

[quote name='joeshmoe']I'd actually like to this happen soon, or at least after the LBP2, ME2, and DS2 coupons end.[/QUOTE]
The new drops won't be finalized for another couple of weeks, but I'm looking forward to it. Every mark down I submit has to be reviewed and approved by an actual financial committee. Not joking.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The new drops won't be finalized for another couple of weeks, but I'm looking forward to it. Every mark down I submit has to be reviewed and approved by an actual financial committee. Not joking.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity, is that the same for every department? Or is there some way for you to use the sudden increase in sales/what I am guessing is profit to stop that from being necessary?

[quote name='Altanis']Out of curiosity, is that the same for every department? Or is there some way for you to use the sudden increase in sales/what I am guessing is profit to stop that from being necessary?[/QUOTE]
It all depends upon how much you are taking in a given period. With the amount of volume we do, pretty much every time we take action we have to review it :)

Hmm, I guess it's because I've never been in retail (and never really plan on it) but it just seems odd that's required. I guess it's so that you aren't getting rid of stuff that's selling at the current price right?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']YOU'RE a circular reference![/QUOTE]

you, by reference are probably circular... and don't work either :lol:

Hey! why don't you ask josh if you can get both games for 30$ he'll probably make it work for you!!! (and probably get you a COUPON):bouncy:

I am going in tomorrow morning to get ME2 and LBP2! I just hope they actually have the damn games out and available. Honestly I would shop for games at Kmart a lot more if the store near me had people who knew what they were doing.

If I get there tomorrow and they can't find the games (its happened before) what can I do to fix the issue?

[quote name='Toomuchboost']No word on dp2 ce??[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you mean Dead Space 2, and not DP2, so if not, that's too bad.

No. There's been absolutely no word whatsoever on the CE of DS2. Period. At all. Zilch. Zero. Nothing. Not a damn. None.

In case you're missing the sarcasm, yes, there has been word about it. The answer is no. And you really need to take some initiative, I know that within the last 30-35 posts I answered this same question.

[quote name='cjtiger300']If I get there tomorrow and they can't find the games (its happened before) what can I do to fix the issue?[/QUOTE]
Email Josh. That's about all you can do really.

Or maybe talk to the store's manager.

Now that LBP 2 is off preorder status on the webpage and now shipping, I am now going to order it with my gift cards. However, neither the regular or the CE say anything about the $20 coupon. If I order it online now, will I still get the coupon? Thanks.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Now that LBP 2 is off preorder status on the webpage and now shipping, I am now going to order it with my gift cards. However, neither the regular or the CE say anything about the $20 coupon. If I order it online now, will I still get the coupon? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Online it has a huge banner on the video games homepage saying it has a $20 coupon. Pretty straightforward.

[quote name='Altanis']Online it has a huge banner on the video games homepage saying it has a $20 coupon. Pretty straightforward.[/QUOTE]

I still can't seem to find that banner, and it is odd that the page for the game itself does not mention it anymore when it did before, but I went ahead and ordered anyways and just hope everything will turn out alright. I was really happy to see the CE come back in stock online! Great deal with the 99 cent shipping too, as I imagine that will be quite a box with the bookends and plushie.

[quote name='DeskLaser']I still can't seem to find that banner, and it is odd that the page for the game itself does not mention it anymore when it did before, but I went ahead and ordered anyways and just hope everything will turn out alright. I was really happy to see the CE come back in stock online! Great deal with the 99 cent shipping too, as I imagine that will be quite a box with the bookends and plushie.[/QUOTE]

K_Entertainment_A3_Slide1_011611.jpg

As it appeared to me when I clicked music, movies and gaming

Ah there it is, I was clicking through the electronics and office section. I was going to buy it from K-Mart anyways, as I was saving my gift cards specifically for that. So now I just hope that it still comes with the CE and get the nice additional bonus of the coupon.

[quote name='Scorch']there is no coupon.[/QUOTE]
There is if you order from Kmart.com. Just like the banner you just posted says.

[quote name='cjtiger300']I am going in tomorrow morning to get ME2 and LBP2! I just hope they actually have the damn games out and available. Honestly I would shop for games at Kmart a lot more if the store near me had people who knew what they were doing.

If I get there tomorrow and they can't find the games (its happened before) what can I do to fix the issue?[/QUOTE]

If you find the UPC number and give it to them, they can look it up for you on the register. If it shows they have any in stock, they've just been to lazy to stock them or the box is hidden somewhere in the electronics department.

[quote name='Interfeci']If you find the UPC number and give it to them, they can look it up for you on the register. If it shows they have any in stock, they've just been to lazy to stock them or the box is hidden somewhere in the electronics department.[/QUOTE]This is a pretty good idea if you doubt the employees at your Kmart; I'll just post the UPC codes here for those who might want them:

LBP2: 00711719824527
LBP2 CE: 00711719824923
ME2 (PS3): 00014633195040

Good luck! :applause:

[quote name='Vigilante']This is a pretty good idea if you doubt the employees at your Kmart; I'll just post the UPC codes here for those who might want them:

LBP2: 711719824527
LBP2 CE: 711719824923
ME2 (PS3): 014633195040

Good luck! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Buy.com's UPC number seems to have two extra 0s. I've removed them to show what every other store would have.

[quote name='Interfeci']Buy.com's UPC number seems to have two extra 0s. I've removed them to show what every other store would have.[/QUOTE]Ah, my mistake; sorry about that. Thanks for adjusting them.

well, that was interesting. Went to Kmart and found ME2 and LBP2 without any issues! And then the adventure starts. I tell the cashier that one of the games should ring up 50% off. Of course it doesn't. I had Kmartgamer.com already pulled up on my phone just in case this happened. He calls the store manager, and of course she has left on some errand. After about 15 mins the Asst Manager comes and gives me the 50% off! She said she had to check and make sure the website was legit! Anyways, I pretty much knew this would happen based on past experience. Honestly, I would buy from Kmart a lot more frequently if issues didn't happen like this all the time. It took me 30 minutes and should have only taken 5.

Buy the way, I am in no way bashing Josh and the staff here who does such an awesome job! The deals are great!

Edit: Just put in ME2 and the game data wouldn't load. I take the game out and there is a HUGE gash on it. I put another game in to make sure my PS3 didn't do it and that game was fine. Taking it back now. I really hope this return isn't an issue.

Double Edit: Return went awesome, ME2 is in my PS3 installing data (which is taking forever)!

So braved the storm in Frederick, md to get lbp2 and mass effect. The deal would not ring. I only got lbp2 ce and left behind mass effect. Really wish the deal had been tested before hand. I'm guessing either lbp or mass effect won't ring the 50% off deal on the other since each triggers the deal or is a system problem but really wish this had worked. I don't blame Josh but these contiuning problems really make me reconsider going back to best buy or somewhere else.

I do want to thank William who held both games for me and tried everything he could to make the deal work even when he did not know about it.

OK so just got back from kmart here in NY and was able to snag a CE's of lbp yey :D, i was going to pick up the second and only copy left but i decided not too since i have one coming from amazon as well :) so any new yorker head over to kmart as there was still one left also josh you may want to check out what's going on with the system. the bogo half off worked BUT it didn't take off the % of mass effect. the manager had to come over and over ride the computer not sure whats going on but i definitely see this as a problem thats going to be huge once alot more people start complaining about it.. overall took me about 5-10 minutes tops which is first at kmart lol, good job by the staff as well..

I had to go to 2 kmarts just to get the deal. The first Kmart hadn't put out the new releases, and the clerk could only find LBP2 in the stock room. So I ventured off to the 2nd kmart, where the deal didn't ring up. I had to show them the kmart blog from my phone and required the manager to override it. At first, the clerk said that the game showed BOGO, but would only work with another $60 game, not ME2 or LBP2. Anyway I used a $20 coupon from AC Brotherhood, and ended up getting both games for ~$73, but it took me almost an hour in total. I think if I didn't have the $20 coupon that was about to expire, I would have gone to best buy for the b2g1 free and exchanged one of the games for Dead Space 2 next week. i was also disappointed neither kmart had the CE of LBP2.

I dont understand why they cant put the info in the system so people dont have these hassles. A hour to check is rather unpractical. This is the reason why online retailers have taken off. No one wants to stand around and have to prove they arent trying to rip a store off and then wait for a manager to come over and then prove to them the same thing. I seriously hope this is corrected for next week when DP2 is out but seeing all of the complaints so far im not really optimistic. Please make sure the DS2 deal is also posted on kmart gamer as we may need to prove that to the stores when we go there as well

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll take care of CAG's whose stores cannot locate their cards. We are working on having more sent to the stores. They are our best selling accessory item so at least some stores have them!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh.. I sent you an email too- It seems like my local big K's have not had the cards in ages.. I don't know why, It seems every time I go in they are gone and I have had to buy them elsewhere. Oh well, maybe they just sell out weekly? With all the deals this week on Activision and EA games/DLC, plus Deal of the week, my 5000 or so points have vanished. So the Dead space 2 deal is up my alley.:cool:

[quote name='medetron']OK so just got back from kmart here in NY and was able to snag a CE's of lbp yey :D, i was going to pick up the second and only copy left but i decided not too since i have one coming from amazon as well :) so any new yorker head over to kmart as there was still one left also josh you may want to check out what's going on with the system. the bogo half off worked BUT it didn't take off the % of mass effect. the manager had to come over and over ride the computer not sure whats going on but i definitely see this as a problem thats going to be huge once alot more people start complaining about it.. overall took me about 5-10 minutes tops which is first at kmart lol, good job by the staff as well..[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to let everyone know I've seen the comments. The team is investigating as we speak.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just wanted to let everyone know I've seen the comments. The team is investigating as we speak.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again josh, while i didn't have much problems others as you can read have, i thought it was kinda weird that the computer screen said the promo but nothing was happening when punching in enter or hitting the total button.. also josh i haven't been able to find any $20 psn card even when i went today which makes me worried about the dead space 2 promo thats coming up. wouldn't it be easier to just say send 50-100 $20 psn cards JUST for the dead space promo? just like you guys did for the dead rising 2 where you got a shirt for buying the game? just a thought to consider :)

As many others have said, I wasn't able to do the Buy one get one for half off, tried to do it with Mass Effect and LBP2, but the system wouldn't do it, wasn't going to make a big fuss out of it since I'm sure Josh will be able to do something, so I just picked up Mass Effect 2 with my 50 coupon from the Wii I bought my parents during Christmas, if anything I'm happy to get it for $10+tax.

Went this morning to a Kmart in SE Michigan and picked up LBP2 collectors and Mass Effect 2. I also had to ask for the manager because the BOGO wouldn't ring up for ME2. After about 10 minutes of trying to get it to ring up, the manager gave me the deal manually. He wouldn't let me use my $10 gaming coupon, but I didn't feel like arguing. I'll just use it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back