Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, if this question has been asked (and I did search his old posts)

Josh (or anybody else in the know):

I noticed ME2 was 50% off all $59.99 games until 2/12. So if I am correct, TDU2 (out on 2/8) is MSRP'd at $49.99, and will not be eligible for this deal? Please confirm.

Getting both ME2 and TDU2 for $70 is totally worth waiting for.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Now weather or not[/QUOTE]
Indeed

[quote name='NattySlide']Sorry, if this question has been asked (and I did search his old posts).[/QUOTE]
Josh has said the 50% off game has to be 59.99.

[quote name='Altanis']This is just like a few days ago when Interfeci did the same thing. At least after a while Interfeci gave up. (No offense intended Interfeci by bringing you up, I just think the situations are extremely similar).[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't give up. I got the answer from the person I required it from, and continued to move along with the thread.

I think the main problem with asking questions like those is the way people would prefer the verbiage to work in a situation they came up with where the store is trying to cater to their cheap asses specifically rather than act like a corporate store. I'm sure the question will continue to be asked until the promo ends. Also, the DS2 question will probably continuously happen until Josh puts in the expiration for the $20 PSN/1600 MS Points in big, bold, red letters.

In the end we're pseudo-associates trying to further the thread for the well being of most our community's gaming needs. Buying games day one helps out both the store and the devs, and we get more in the future. If, like you say, we end up looking and acting like the SD community, in no way would they want to deal with us anymore. Which is always a bad thing.

[quote name='confoosious']Altanis just had a stroke.
:D[/QUOTE]
lol

Yes the offer now is buy DS2 and you can get a $20 PSN points card or 1600 MS points card free with it.

Josh- now that the 3DS has been detailed in America, when are you going to share your plans?

I'd love to give you my money- but I don't mess around with Consoles. Is there anyway that K-mart can assure us that a pre-order or something of the sorts will actually guarentee us a system?

[quote name='nbballard']Josh- now that the 3DS has been detailed in America, when are you going to share your plans?

I'd love to give you my money- but I don't mess around with Consoles. Is there anyway that K-mart can assure us that a pre-order or something of the sorts will actually guarentee us a system?[/QUOTE]I echo these questions. The only thing that will determine whether or not I buy a 3DS on launch day is Kmart's deals, given that I have a $100 Sears gift card to use. :bouncy:

However, I also have this strange feeling that Kmart might be one of the last places people will go to pick up a likely-to-be-wildly-hot 3DS (instead choosing a more popular retailer like Gamestop or BB), but of course, that's just a feeling...

[quote name='QuePasa87']No LBP2 CE at my Bloomington, IL Kmart today. The 80 year old employee was pretty mean about it too. "If it ain't on the shelf, we don't got it!"

Yet he often has stuff behind the register he hasn't put away yet...[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I live in Bloomington Il too and you're right, their employees are less than pleasant and helpful.

Just called kmart 3990 5 mins ago and asked electronics guy to reboot register, he rescanned lbp and mass effet. the 50% off is still not working. WTF???? They said they can probably override, I just hope I dont have problems applying my $15 gaming coupon.. I think they will question that. ughhh

[quote name='litobirdy']Just called kmart 3990 5 mins ago and asked electronics guy to reboot register, he rescanned lbp and mass effet. the 50% off is still not working. WTF???? They said they can probably override, I just hope I dont have problems applying my $15 gaming coupon.. I think they will question that. ughhh[/QUOTE]

FYI, they almost always have to hit TOTAL for the deals to kick through.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']FYI, they almost always have to hit TOTAL for the deals to kick through.[/QUOTE]

yes total is hit, they tell me the total price

LOL this thread has gotten out of control with the same questions over and over, BUT it does make me laugh every time i check back in lol... if you look back to josh post yesterday it says in plain English he's working on it and hopefully will be fixed by THURSDAY.. so has anyone checked on altanis? his head might have popped right off lol

[quote name='Liverano']Damn. That was my plan.[/QUOTE]

but still getting me2(44.99) and ds2(0.5x59.99) for ~75bucks is a hell of a deal.

Can our gaming coupons be used on the BOGO deals with LBP2 and Mass Effect 2? I was told yesterday that it could not and on the coupon it does say it can't be used with BOGO events but it seems some people have been able to use their coupons.... would like to use it before it expires but there seems to be some confusion.

I was just able to use my gaming coupon after override of b1g1 price... Depends on whoeever is at the register. The coupon scans just fine. Just employee giving you a hard time. And I see now at kmartgamer.com that they hope to fix the pricing error on Friday.

[quote name='Paznos']Can our gaming coupons be used on the BOGO deals with LBP2 and Mass Effect 2? I was told yesterday that it could not and on the coupon it does say it can't be used with BOGO events but it seems some people have been able to use their coupons.... would like to use it before it expires but there seems to be some confusion.[/QUOTE]
Technically it is not allowed, but enforcement will vary.

Side note: I'll be working on catching up with everyone this evening who sent me emails.

[quote name='litobirdy']Josh you can ignore my email from [email protected] They did override for me and accepted coupon.[/QUOTE]
That's what I like to hear!!!

Is it helping that the blog is in the ad every week? Do you guys reference it to the store whenever there is an issue, just curious.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That's what I like to hear!!!

Is it helping that the blog is in the ad every week? Do you guys reference it to the store whenever there is an issue, just curious.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it seems a lot more believable than the cheapassgamer link to the employees I meet.

Is it helping that the blog is in the ad every week? Do you guys reference it to the store whenever there is an issue, just curious.[/QUOTE]

well i did print out the first 2 pages of kmartgamer site and provided it to Daniel in Electronics. he didnt know about it but now he knows. Also showed him the "update" part on lbp and mass effect so he knows.

It helped last night when I mentioned the blog that was in the ad and they did an override but still couldn't use my coupon.

[quote name='medetron']so has anyone checked on altanis? his head might have popped right off lol[/QUOTE]
He's probably at Kmart trying to help customers and getting yelled at by the employees that actually work there.

[quote name='confoosious']Altanis just had a stroke.
:D[/QUOTE]
Technically the saying is "I just had an aneurysm from sheer stupidity" (it's a DBZ Abridged saying) but it's all the same result really in that it causes brain damage...

But yes, the sheer stupidity of some of these questions really does baffle me sometimes.

I'm also curious about the 3DS. I have a bunch of rewards credit I've been hanging onto. I'd love to use it for on the 3DS, but it depends on the deal. Free shipping, no tax is a good incentive to buy from Amazon. Kmart gets first consideration, though, because of how awesome the promotions have been over the past 6 months.

Does kmart.com have any sort of shipment tracking? Ordered the LBP2 CE online yesterday morning and would like to see some sort of confirmation that it has shipped.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Does kmart.com have any sort of shipment tracking? Ordered the LBP2 CE online yesterday morning and would like to see some sort of confirmation that it has shipped.[/QUOTE]
The tracking information should be included with the shipping confirmation.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Does kmart.com have any sort of shipment tracking? Ordered the LBP2 CE online yesterday morning and would like to see some sort of confirmation that it has shipped.[/QUOTE]
I bought something last Friday, with an estimated delivery date of Tuesday Jan 18 to Thursday Jan 20. I got a tracking number (UPS number) Saturday, in a confirmation email. However, as of 4 minutes ago UPS still claims to not have the package.

[quote name='Achilles00']I'm also curious about the 3DS. I have a bunch of rewards credit I've been hanging onto. I'd love to use it for on the 3DS, but it depends on the deal. Free shipping, no tax is a good incentive to buy from Amazon. Kmart gets first consideration, though, because of how awesome the promotions have been over the past 6 months.[/QUOTE]
It all depends what Nintendo let's me get away with :)

$20 off starting 1-30. It will not featured in the blog or ad due to publisher restrictions. Pricing will be automated though.

I have a question about the Dead Space 2 deal...

Lets say i purchase it for the PS3 but i want the 1600 XBLA points card, could i do this, or is it tied to which system you purchase it for?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']I have a question about the Dead Space 2 deal...

Lets say i purchase it for the PS3 but i want the 1600 XBLA points card, could i do this, or is it tied to which system you purchase it for?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Josh has already said that the points card is not going to tied to the game system that you purchase the game for.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$20 off starting 1-30. It will not featured in the blog or ad due to publisher restrictions. Pricing will be automated though.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Are other publishers this way? I'd be inclined to believe that you could just leak deals to here, SD, and some of the major online news places and have as much of an effect as your ad or the blog.

[quote name='nbballard']Interesting. Are other publishers this way? I'd be inclined to believe that you could just leak deals to here, SD, and some of the major online news places and have as much of an effect as your ad or the blog.[/QUOTE]
Almost all publishers MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) their titles for 30 days with some exceptions. Some have this for 90 days and couple of publishers do not MAP at all.

Basically if I were to advertise the game at a price lower than MAP the publisher removes the trade funding available to the retailer to support ads, promotions etc. This is a way to protect the industry from devaluing itself from price competition in the market.

Typically this does not extend to gift cards or coupons for the most part but sometimes does, like Black Ops last year. Retailer's are crafty though in creating value without breaking MAP.

Like me :) CAG is in no way afiliated with Sears Holdings Corporation and des not constitute as ad placement.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Josh has been making sure shipments are going out this week for the cards, also other CAGs have been saying to check the gift card racks up front as they've found gaming cards up there as well. Best of luck to you![/QUOTE]
For people with issues with getting the PSN or XBLA cards you can always email me and I'll make sure the value is compensated. Feel completely confident and not to stress in buying DS2 next week if you can't find them.

Glad your on our side.
I'm going in next week for LBP2+DS2 (both ps3) and getting a 1600 pts card ( bionic commando rearmed 2 and rock band downloads) and using a $20 gift card.
Sooo many moving parts, but i believe!!!

Hey josh, have you heard from shc gamer girl? I still owe her a drink for her help with green day rock band.

[quote name='Megatim81']Hey josh, have you heard from shc gamer girl? I still owe her a drink for her help with green day rock band.[/QUOTE]
Not to be a downer. She probably doesn't remember.

...I miss the olden Kmart thread days, though. (randomly skips pebble across pond)

[quote name='sadboy']Not to be a downer. She probably doesn't remember.

...I miss the olden Kmart thread days, though. (randomly skips pebble across pond)[/QUOTE]
She's doing great :) Miss her to.

CE Update - I ordered the Marvel vs Capcom special editions today so I can't take anymore requests. The only CE we have confirmed in the near future that I haven't ordered yet is Killzone 3 so email me if interested.

Josh, do you know if the 3DS's release date (3/27) would be close enough to the beginning of April that a gaming coupon could be considered a possible offer (when you talk to Nintendo, of course), or would the team working on fixing the coupon issue(s) need more time?

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, do you know if the 3DS's release date (3/27) would be close enough to the beginning of April that a gaming coupon could be considered a possible offer (when you talk to Nintendo, of course), or would the team working on fixing the coupon issue(s) need more time?[/QUOTE]
The target date for coupons to be fixed is the 3DS launch. :)

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']CE Update - I ordered the Marvel vs Capcom special editions today so I can't take anymore requests. The only CE we have confirmed in the near future that I haven't ordered yet is Killzone 3 so email me if interested.[/QUOTE]
Nice to see you post in here Stock Boy and grace us with your presence.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The target date for coupons to be fixed is the 3DS launch. :)[/QUOTE]:shock: Excuse me while I go pray for the coupons to indeed be fixed by then... :pray:

If I read this correctly, next week I could get ME2 for $45, Dead Space 2 for $30 then a $20 PSN card for buying Dead Space 2 with the SYWR deal? Or can you only do one or the other?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$20 off starting 1-30. It will not featured in the blog or ad due to publisher restrictions. Pricing will be automated though.[/QUOTE]

update post

p.s. also will killzone 3 be getting any discounts at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back