L.A. Noire (Dev: Team Bondi, PUB: R* Games) - OUT NOW!

God, I need one fucking sports car for my plat and it's refusing to pop up anywhere. Spent an hour last night driving through Hollywood and every convertible imaginable except the one I need was around. Did anyone else have this much trouble? It's the first sports car on the list.

[quote name='Jodou']God, I need one fucking sports car for my plat and it's refusing to pop up anywhere. Spent an hour last night driving through Hollywood and every convertible imaginable except the one I need was around. Did anyone else have this much trouble? It's the first sports car on the list.[/QUOTE]

Had a problem with another car. Took me like 2 hrs to find it for my plat.

[quote name='Jodou']God, I need one fucking sports car for my plat and it's refusing to pop up anywhere. Spent an hour last night driving through Hollywood and every convertible imaginable except the one I need was around. Did anyone else have this much trouble? It's the first sports car on the list.[/QUOTE]
I dont know which care your looking for or which I had trouble finding. And I cant go look them up right now, but I remember it was one that a lot of people had a hard time finding. I found it and another one I needed in the parking lot of the building that was a story mission with the big round dome on top and a huge enteryway and circular staircase. Might be the library or city hall? Cant remember. Anyway, check that parking lot if you have any clue what I am trying to say. Also, reload different desks every now and then to try and get something to spawn.

It's this one:

CV16C2.jpg

I'll just keep searching until it shows up. : \

Don't know if anyone's interested but I have 1 extra code for "The Broderick" suit. pm me if you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing this has made me want a licensed detective/private eye game instead d of a badged cop.

Also a new Dick Tracy game too.

And a proper Roger Rabbit game.

Finally found the car I needed; spent all of two minutes searching. I love how you can search all night for something and come back the next day and have it appear right away. fuckers.

[quote name='Jodou']And a proper Roger Rabbit game.

Finally found the car I needed; spent all of two minutes searching. I love how you can search all night for something and come back the next day and have it appear right away. fuckers.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I couldnt help more earlier, but that is why I said to keep reloading different desks. It seemed to help spawn cars for me.

Man do I suck ass at this game. I am starting the 3rd case on the Homicide desk. So far on the Homicide cases I have 3* and 2* the cases lol. I guess it's a good thing I didn't take up anything detective related as a career (or anything where intuition is needed lol).

[quote name='cgarb84']Man do I suck ass at this game. I am starting the 3rd case on the Homicide desk. So far on the Homicide cases I have 3* and 2* the cases lol. I guess it's a good thing I didn't take up anything detective related as a career (or anything where intuition is needed lol).[/QUOTE]

Criminals would've loved ya. :)

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I just started playing today, and I managed to screw up on the very first interrogation which is practically a gimme. D'oh. No 5 star ratings yet :\[/QUOTE]
Same. I don't know, I'm only a handful of missions in, but this game really isn't what I was expecting. It's basically a really linear GTA/RDR, with 30 times more thinking and less killing. Which is good if you're into that kind of thing, but definitely not what I was expecting. I'll keep playing it and sticking with it, but I don't think I got a single question right so far in the handful of missions I did lol

Curious-- have they solved the overheating issue already? Considering that the PS3 itself had a firmware update recently and LA Noire had a new patch; I was hoping to go back and play more of this...

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Same. I don't know, I'm only a handful of missions in, but this game really isn't what I was expecting. It's basically a really linear GTA/RDR, with 30 times more thinking and less killing. Which is good if you're into that kind of thing, but definitely not what I was expecting. I'll keep playing it and sticking with it, but I don't think I got a single question right so far in the handful of missions I did lol[/QUOTE]

It sort of surprises me still when I hear people say that about the game (less killing, etc). I actually was looking forward to it for that reason. Did you pay much attention to its pre-release press or just figure it was a Rock* game so it would follow in that same GTA vein?

Anyway, I am enjoying it (little chime when you get a question right is encouraging). I was starting to wonder how one finds the film reels, so I looked at a video for what they look like...and jesus. Little yellow flat things on the ground. Good thing there's a map online.

[quote name='newtype06']Curious-- have they solved the overheating issue already? Considering that the PS3 itself had a firmware update recently and LA Noire had a new patch; I was hoping to go back and play more of this...[/QUOTE]
People are still fooled by this? They said the same thing about RDR and yet my PS3 is fine. I finished getting the plat for this and already moved on lol.

I had issues personally with gtaiv. PS3 was out of warranty by a little bit but Sony offered to fix it for me back then. So im not surprised to heating issues today.

I think the reason people complain about overheating with Rockstar games is because they tend to do a lot of streaming to reduce load-times. It doesn't help that people tend to spend s hours upon hours playing the games, partly due to the fact that they are high quality open world games.

[quote name='Jodou']People are still fooled by this? They said the same thing about RDR and yet my PS3 is fine. I finished getting the plat for this and already moved on lol.[/QUOTE]

What system do you have? Because mine's the original 60gb.

Finally got around to finishing this game. While I enjoyed it a lot, that ending was so unsatisfying.
The last half of the game is about uncovering this huge corruption surrounding the Housing Development Fund and all you get to see after Cole makes his heroic sacrifice is his funeral? I know some of those guys are dead, but what about Peterson's huge cleanup of the LAPD and all of the fallout that was supposed to happen as a result of Jack and Cole's work?

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I think the reason people complain about overheating with Rockstar games is because they tend to do a lot of streaming to reduce load-times. It doesn't help that people tend to spend s hours upon hours playing the games, partly due to the fact that they are high quality open world games.[/QUOTE]
I know I personally play the GTA titles for at least 3-4 hours a night and that's minimum, so I can attest to folks playing these games for a long time.

I still have LA NOIRE in my backlog, so I definitely need to get to playing it sometime soon.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get the right answers when talking to people? I suck lol, for now I'll use a guide or something but it would be nice to actually figure it out on my own.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finally got around to finishing this game. While I enjoyed it a lot, that ending was so unsatisfying.
The last half of the game is about uncovering this huge corruption surrounding the Housing Development Fund and all you get to see after Cole makes his heroic sacrifice is his funeral? I know some of those guys are dead, but what about Peterson's huge cleanup of the LAPD and all of the fallout that was supposed to happen as a result of Jack and Cole's work?
[/QUOTE]

None of it happened. Given who shows up at the funeral, how Petersen acts there, and what Earle says in the eulogy, Petersen likely cut a deal with the remaining members of the Redevelopment Fund to pin everything on Fontaine and Monroe in exchange for their support in his run for DA. If that doesn't strike you as particularly satisfying or vindicating for Cole, it's not supposed to; corruption winning out despite the efforts and sacrifices of the "good guys" is a recurring trope in noir fiction, and this game isn't any different.

Or, to put it another way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98fDQM0sAo&feature=related

[quote name='Magus8472']
None of it happened. Given who shows up at the funeral, how Petersen acts there, and what Earle says in the eulogy, Petersen likely cut a deal with the remaining members of the Redevelopment Fund to pin everything on Fontaine and Monroe in exchange for their support in his run for DA. If that doesn't strike you as particularly satisfying or vindicating for Cole, it's not supposed to; corruption winning out despite the efforts and sacrifices of the "good guys" is a recurring trope in noir fiction, and this game isn't any different.

Or, to put it another way:[/QUOTE]
I get what probably happens, but only being able to assume how things have turned out based on a really short epilogue at the funeral is the problem. It just wasn't a satisfying epilogue to the events of the game for the amount of time you've spent building up to the climax and the final confrontation in the sewers. A two minute eulogy by the crooked Roy Earle only leaves you with assumptions and no answers, so I am still left with questions about how things turned out due to a bad ending. Hell, they spend more time give definitive closure on the source of the morphine that was all but confirmed during the Ad Vice missions and the backstory that the newspapers provided, so they are willing to detail things when they care to do so.

A good ending answers the questions you had and maybe leaves you with a new set of questions that could be answered with a sequel, but none of my questions were answered. Why not have Jack or Biggs explain what happened as the narrator after leaving the funeral to give you the dirt on what really happened? Then leave with a hook that makes me want a sequel, direct or not. Instead, I'm just left with a sour taste in my mouth over that ending.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I get what probably happens, but only being able to assume how things have turned out based on a really short epilogue at the funeral is the problem. It just wasn't a satisfying epilogue to the events of the game for the amount of time you've spent building up to the climax and the final confrontation in the sewers. A two minute eulogy by the crooked Roy Earle only leaves you with assumptions and no answers, so I am still left with questions about how things turned out due to a bad ending. Hell, they spend more time give definitive closure on the source of the morphine that was all but confirmed during the Ad Vice missions and the backstory that the newspapers provided, so they are willing to detail things when they care to do so.

A good ending answers the questions you had and maybe leaves you with a new set of questions that could be answered with a sequel, but none of my questions were answered. Why not have Jack or Biggs explain what happened as the narrator after leaving the funeral to give you the dirt on what really happened? Then leave with a hook that makes me want a sequel, direct or not. Instead, I'm just left with a sour taste in my mouth over that ending.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand your suggestion that these plot details have to be assumed and that the ending answered nothing. What other interpretation of the ending is there to make? Cole's sacrifice meant nothing, the Redevelopment Fund and their cronies pinned the blame on convenient scapegoats and continued on in their cynical and corrupt ways. There's not much else to tell beyond the minutia. And the after-credits sequence wasn't so much about telling you who stole the morphine as it was telling you why they did it in order to bring the narrative full circle. I understand not liking the way the plot turned out, but again, that's the point.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get the right answers when talking to people? I suck lol, for now I'll use a guide or something but it would be nice to actually figure it out on my own.[/QUOTE]

I'm only on the 4th case or so, not sure how helpful I'll be. Basically, say lie only if you know you have evidence to the contrary. Doubt is for when they seem nervous (shifty eyes, fidgeting) and Truth is when they just look right at you, seem calm as hell. I think there's some info in the manual, actually.

That probably wasn't very insightful :\

[quote name='Magus8472']
Not sure I understand your suggestion that these plot details have to be assumed and that the ending answered nothing. What other interpretation of the ending is there to make? Cole's sacrifice meant nothing, the Redevelopment Fund and their cronies pinned the blame on convenient scapegoats and continued on in their cynical and corrupt ways. There's not much else to tell beyond the minutia. And the after-credits sequence wasn't so much about telling you who stole the morphine as it was telling you why they did it in order to bring the narrative full circle. I understand not liking the way the plot turned out, but again, that's the point.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that the point is supposed to leave you hanging, but I also agree with Frisky that I would ratehr have had a few more minutes of explanation on what happened. Just SOMETHING. It feels like they didnt give us anything.

So I've slowly been playing through DLC missions from trades and wow, they cut a lot of content from the game to make that possible. Just between Consul's Car and Naked City, that's easily 1-2 hours of gameplay that we were ripped off of. Granted, the game was already starting to run long with the repetitive gameplay and you more than likely got one of these for free, but this was still day one DLC. You can't tell me it couldn't have been on the master copy. No, it was deliberately ripped from the game to generate additional sales through their 'generously discounted' DLC pass.

fuck that. I honestly wish people would boycott these type of sales, so they can return to giving us the full game again. Undead Redemption did DLC right: providing a short, unique experience for less than expansion pricing. Day one DLC for RDR was just new skins or a unique horse, not entire portions of the story ripped out. What if the Snake Oil missions were pre-order DLC or had to be bought? Utter bullshit.

Happy to discover that a 5 star rating can be achieved without 100% question correctness, etc. I missed 1 in a case and also failed to cite someone, but still managed Valorous.

bread's done
Back