L.A. Noire - Gen. Discussion & Info - Rockstar Pass 800pts: All Pre-order DLC + More!

If you live near one of the few BB's doing a midnight release for the game, the first 16 360 and PS3 purchasers get a code to get the first DLC case for free. It has a different name from the Gamestop/Walmart ones so I assume it's a post-release one.

Many Gamestops, but not all, are also doing a midnight launch for the game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you live near one of the few BB's doing a midnight release for the game, the first 16 360 and PS3 purchasers get a code to get the first DLC case for free. It has a different name from the Gamestop/Walmart ones so I assume it's a post-release one.

Many Gamestops, but not all, are also doing a midnight launch for the game.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Owen']With all this DLC, it looks like we will get a Game Of The Year edition by Christmas that has it all on the disks.[/QUOTE]

too early for GOTY but it will be $30 by Black Friday

This game does look neat, but I will probably wait until it hits $30 or somewhere near that price point, last Rockstar game I played (RDR) wasn't a game I enjoyed

Did anyone else pre-order from Walmart? I can't figure out why their system says I can't get it til a week later!

[quote name='n00bie']The way Amazon does things, it'll be on sale for $40 for a day 1-2 weeks after release.[/QUOTE]

Has any Current Gen Rockstar game done that? Red Dead took forever to go down to $40

Expect early gamer reviews to start hitting the web as it's been "out" most of the day on saturday.... I'm still very on the fence about buying on release day although the Kmart deal is killer.

iappleify.com has alot of gameplay but also alot of spoilers so be warned. Game looked amazing though, it's the 360 version.

Kmart deal is by far the best. If you are on the fence you might as well just buy it there get the 20 dollar coupon and the free game and return it later if you decide against it.

Correct, Soodmeg.

Thanks Ashwood for the link. I got done watching all 5 on my phone and when I went to a PC to send some friends a link, Take Two has JUST taken them down.

For some reason the videos are still working on my IPhone though.

Edit: Gone as soon as I exited out of my YouTube history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a review embargo on this? I'm hoping to hear some opinons of the game BEFORE Tuesday morning when I wake up. I'm hoping this is a good one, Rockstar doesn't usually let us down.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I honestly have no idea how this game plays.. But I'm very intrigued[/QUOTE]
This is precisely why I didn't preorder. I'm excited for it, but I will wait for some reviews first.

I'm expecting something Mafia 2'esque, I just finished Mafia 2, overall satisfied with it, really enjoyed the story so I have high hopes for this one as it's relatively the same era I believe.

It appears the guy is playing through the whole game, I'm going to stop after part 2...His driving is comical and he seems to mis-ask questions to open up more options or isn't that bright.

[quote name='seen']It appears the guy is playing through the whole game, I'm going to stop after part 2...His driving is comical and he seems to mis-ask questions to open up more options or isn't that bright.[/QUOTE]

I like the part where it took him four minutes to figure out how to select a location.

I'll probably play the game without the clues/hints; make it more like a mystery instead of having the game feed me the answers.

[quote name='Indignate']Is he playing it bad on purpose?[/QUOTE]

Lol i was wondering to, he spends about half of the game crashing into things.

Review embargo ends tomorrow, May 16th. From what I've heard from a few critical sources it'll probably be half and half with many people, love it or hate it.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Review embargo ends tomorrow, May 16th. From what I've heard from a few critical sources it'll probably be half and half with many people, love it or hate it.[/QUOTE]

Implying that reviews are critical.

Review scores are more curved than the grades at Arizona State.

[quote name='Master Troll']I won't be able to play it until after 10pm tomorrow night, but man I can't wait![/QUOTE]

Yeah I haven't been excited for a game in a while, so I hope this game doesn't disappoint too badly.

Reviews are out on IGN and Gamespot- 8.5 and a 9 respectively. Both had some minor complaints about the story being forced in one direction at times, but praised the voice acting and story itself, and calling the gameplay challenging, unique and rewarding.

I'm especially interested in the black and white filters, seems very interesting.

[quote name='jacobeid']Fuuuuuu. I forgot to cancel my amazon order after ordering from best buy yesterday. Amazon doesn't do free return shipping does it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can either refuse the delivery, or ask for a return label and repackage, ship it off yourself.

[quote name='Sonne'] Both had some minor complaints about the story being forced in one direction at times[/QUOTE]And they didn't penalize GTA for this.

[quote name='Sonne']Reviews are out on IGN and Gamespot- 8.5 and a 9 respectively. Both had some minor complaints about the story being forced in one direction at times, but praised the voice acting and story itself, and calling the gameplay challenging, unique and rewarding.

I'm especially interested in the black and white filters, seems very interesting.[/QUOTE]

Black and white filters?

[quote name='ChrisHookz']to play the game as if u were looking at a black and white movie.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that, is that an option in the display settings?

bread's done
Back