La-di da-di, free John GOTTi

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I don't know what you're smoking, but I want some. :shock:[/quote]

Dude. Smash up some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs and Frosted flakes, roll a fat one and blaze up.

Essence of Sonny the bird and Tony the Tiger.

Mmmm, Sonny. :drool:

... Van Wilder is on.

Yet another vapid piece of shit that Comedy Central bought the rights to just to piss me right the fuck off.

Van Wilder isn't too bad. Ryan Renolds is pretty funny and does a decent job carrying the movie. It isn't the best, but much better than the shit Comedy Central has been playing lately (ie Corky Romano).

[quote name='Hex']Dude. Smash up some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs and Frosted flakes, roll a fat one and blaze up.

Essence of Sonny the bird and Tony the Tiger.

Mmmm, Sonny. :drool:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eviltude']Isn't it obvious from the first strip?[/QUOTE]
In retrospect...yes. #-o

[quote name='Hex']... Van Wilder is on.

Yet another vapid piece of shit that Comedy Central bought the rights to just to piss me right the fuck off.[/QUOTE]
Has Comedy Central ever shown good movies?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Has Comedy Central ever shown good movies?[/quote]
Shaun of the Dead, once. Otherwise... no.

And Casey, I do like Ryan, he was hot in Smokin' Aces... But I don't like his role in the film at all. It just feels like, sadly enough, another teen movie.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So does that mean its ok for a 24 year old to date a 14 year old? I mean if 10 years is an acceptable difference and all...[/QUOTE] It's all about ratios. You can go all the way down to 17 if you want. ;)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So does that mean its ok for a 24 year old to date a 14 year old? I mean if 10 years is an acceptable difference and all...[/QUOTE]

Once both people are past a certain age (21) then age doesn't matter anymore.

Your making a static statement against something that varies.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So does that mean its ok for a 24 year old to date a 14 year old? I mean if 10 years is an acceptable difference and all...[/quote]

We met in College, I was 18, he was 28. We were friends for about 4 months before he agreed to go on a date with me (I asked him) and he would only do so with my mother's blessing.

It DOES sound creepy, I'll admit that, but he and I are very similiar... and age has never come up as an issue between us.

PP

I remember reading once about an equation to figure out your "optimum" dating range. Supposedly it's half your age plus seven. To get the upper range, it's your age minus seven, then doubled.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I remember reading once about an equation to figure out your "optimum" dating range. Supposedly it's half your age plus seven. To get the upper range, it's your age minus seven, then doubled.[/QUOTE] I just multiplied by .7 and rounded up to get my number. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The streets.

Who pissed you off?[/QUOTE]
I went to a shooting range today, shot a AK47 and a Glock. First time shooting a gun, besides a shotgun while hunting.

I'm thinking having a gun around my place can only be a positive.

Saturday dilemma- should I go to prom with a friend [female] or stay in and play poogeymanz? I am very tied between the two. OTT power activate!

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']Saturday dilemma- should I go to prom with a friend [female] or stay in and play poogeymanz? I am very tied between the two. OTT power activate![/QUOTE] That depends on your friend.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I remember reading once about an equation to figure out your "optimum" dating range. Supposedly it's half your age plus seven. To get the upper range, it's your age minus seven, then doubled.[/quote]
my mother and father are 13 years apart.

Plume's neighbour rachel is a year older than I, but because he met her when she was a KID, he would NEVER have thought about dating her.

If plume had met me when I was 16 instead of 18, that would have made me OFF LIMITS in his mind.

It might sound weird but we have together now for 5 years, have a 3 year old son, and it HONESTLY doesn't occur to us most of the time. He is just my husband, not "my husband who is 10 years older than me".

We have a relationship where we have mutual respect and a level playing field. I have just as much say in decisions as he does. He NEVER talks down to me or makes me feel inferior because of my age.

He treats me like an equal, and doesn't ever try to "parent" me. Its things like that that (to me) make a relationship with a signifigant age different creepy.

He isn't my daddy, he is my partner.

PP

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']Hot, Asian, no chance of bow chica bow wow.[/QUOTE] No chance? And would you still enjoy the night more than poogeymanz? I'd have to imagine so ...

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']I guess probably...I guess I probably will go...Games are just too enticing and I could always find out she wants a fuck buddy![/QUOTE]
Take the poogeymanz with you.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
Take the poogeymanz with you.
[/quote]

I was going to anyways...just in case....she leaves me somewhere:cool:

[quote name='zewone']Hex, where can I get good deal on a AK or a cheap handgun?[/quote]
Legally, go for a gun shop. I'd suggest something medium-sized- Not a mom-and-pop joint, but not a big store like Jax or Sports Authority. It's kinda a crapshoot whether they'll have an AK or not, they come and go. I would suggest staying away from the $300 Romanian models- they're called WASRs- And try to pick up a Yugoslav one, they'll come with either solid or underfolding stocks. Their models are called M70B for the solid stock and M70B2 for the folding, IIRC. You'll want a Yugo model because the reciever is thicker than Romanian, which lends to a more stable and durable rifle, and they also chrome their bolt groups and barrels, which greatly improves the life of the parts, and also looks awesome. Those generally go for $400-600 depending on the quality. I owned a $600 M70B2, and it was built like a fukken tank. Lovely rifle.

As for the handgun, stay away from anything cheap. I shit you not. You literally get what you pay for- if you pay $200 for a piece a' shit Hi-Point handgun, you'll not only be the laughing stock of the country, but you'll also have a damn near useless firearm. I would also avoid Glocks in anything above 9mm. The reason is, to improve relaibility, they cut the feed ramp extra deep, which makes the handgun's chamber become more unsupported- This means when you fire anything higher pressure than 9mm, then the case could rupture through the feed ramp and literally blow up the weapon. In this case, I'd ask what you want the handgun for. If it's for concealed carry, I'd go with a small 9mm. If it's general use, the three best calibres are 9mm, .357 SIG and .45.

For an inexpensive 9mm handgun, go with the CZ SP-01. It's a full-size handgun, holds about 14+1 rounds, IIRC, and has a little accessory rail in the front if you wanna mount a light or laser on it. 9mm's a fine round for civilians, provided you know the relative limitations of the round, and can place shots with high accuracy.

As for .357 SIG, the Springfield XD is probably the lowest cost, and the XD series has had a healthy history. I can't speak for their .357 SIG model, but if it's like the rest of their XD line, it ought to be fine. .357 SIG is a neat round, it's basically a 9mm bullet in a .40 casing. It has excellent ballistics and penetration, but the ammo is indeed costly, so that's something to figure in. I spent a few hours with an HK USP Compact in .357 SIG one afternoon in Virginia, and it was godly. Accurate, didn't kick too hard, etc.

.45 has a plethora of fine choices, you can't really go wrong with a 1911 (there's variants for around $450), or the Springfield XD45 is probably the latest and most hyped .45 around atm- It holds 14+1 shots, which is pretty impressive, since .45 is a big round. .

Anyway, to summarise, it's kinda up to you what to get, exactly, and it would be best to talk to someone behind the counter regarding what you want in your pricerange. Also consider investing in handgun saftey classes, they're invaluable.

Here's some tips:

-Modern handguns and rifles feed their ammunition through a magazine, not a clip.
-AKs come in all sorts of conditions, ask the seller to disassemble the rifle and make sure the innards aren't full of waxy orange gunk, or all worn down.
-Wiggle the AK mag around when it's seated inside the rifle. If it moves a lot, forget about it. You want a nice fit.
-Stay away from .40 cal/10mm. They're made of overpressure and fail.
-The AK fires 7.62x39mm rounds. It's a bitch to say, but you've got to remember the metric designation since there's no American Standard.
-Don't even ask about the Desert Eagle. Those things are an abomination upon man.

Anyway, if you have any more specific questions, fire away. :3

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']holy gunz horseman

and on that note, i'm outta here. g'night OTT[/quote]

Hey. He should make informed choices, and he asked. I could have gone

AK: Get a Yugo.

Handgun: Get an XD.

And been done with it, but that's not helpful. >:O

You forgot to tell him just to go rent a bunch of different handguns (of course starting with the CZ and XD) to see what feels best in his hands.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You forgot to tell him just to go rent a bunch of different handguns (of course starting with the CZ and XD) to see what feels best in his hands.[/quote]

Rent? Do they have like a Netflix for guns or something?

[quote name='Hex']Legally, go for a gun shop. I'd suggest something medium-sized- Not a mom-and-pop joint, but not a big store like Jax or Sports Authority. It's kinda a crapshoot whether they'll have an AK or not, they come and go. I would suggest staying away from the $300 Romanian models- they're called WASRs- And try to pick up a Yugoslav one, they'll come with either solid or underfolding stocks. Their models are called M70B for the solid stock and M70B2 for the folding, IIRC. You'll want a Yugo model because the reciever is thicker than Romanian, which lends to a more stable and durable rifle, and they also chrome their bolt groups and barrels, which greatly improves the life of the parts, and also looks awesome. Those generally go for $400-600 depending on the quality. I owned a $600 M70B2, and it was built like a fukken tank. Lovely rifle.

As for the handgun, stay away from anything cheap. I shit you not. You literally get what you pay for- if you pay $200 for a piece a' shit Hi-Point handgun, you'll not only be the laughing stock of the country, but you'll also have a damn near useless firearm. I would also avoid Glocks in anything above 9mm. The reason is, to improve relaibility, they cut the feed ramp extra deep, which makes the handgun's chamber become more unsupported- This means when you fire anything higher pressure than 9mm, then the case could rupture through the feed ramp and literally blow up the weapon. In this case, I'd ask what you want the handgun for. If it's for concealed carry, I'd go with a small 9mm. If it's general use, the three best calibres are 9mm, .357 SIG and .45.

For an inexpensive 9mm handgun, go with the CZ SP-01. It's a full-size handgun, holds about 14+1 rounds, IIRC, and has a little accessory rail in the front if you wanna mount a light or laser on it. 9mm's a fine round for civilians, provided you know the relative limitations of the round, and can place shots with high accuracy.

As for .357 SIG, the Springfield XD is probably the lowest cost, and the XD series has had a healthy history. I can't speak for their .357 SIG model, but if it's like the rest of their XD line, it ought to be fine. .357 SIG is a neat round, it's basically a 9mm bullet in a .40 casing. It has excellent ballistics and penetration, but the ammo is indeed costly, so that's something to figure in. I spent a few hours with an HK USP Compact in .357 SIG one afternoon in Virginia, and it was godly. Accurate, didn't kick too hard, etc.

.45 has a plethora of fine choices, you can't really go wrong with a 1911 (there's variants for around $450), or the Springfield XD45 is probably the latest and most hyped .45 around atm- It holds 14+1 shots, which is pretty impressive, since .45 is a big round. .

Anyway, to summarise, it's kinda up to you what to get, exactly, and it would be best to talk to someone behind the counter regarding what you want in your pricerange. Also consider investing in handgun saftey classes, they're invaluable.

Here's some tips:

-Modern handguns and rifles feed their ammunition through a magazine, not a clip.
-AKs come in all sorts of conditions, ask the seller to disassemble the rifle and make sure the innards aren't full of waxy orange gunk, or all worn down.
-Wiggle the AK mag around when it's seated inside the rifle. If it moves a lot, forget about it. You want a nice fit.
-Stay away from .40 cal/10mm. They're made of overpressure and fail.
-The AK fires 7.62x39mm rounds. It's a bitch to say, but you've got to remember the metric designation since there's no American Standard.
-Don't even ask about the Desert Eagle. Those things are an abomination upon man.

Anyway, if you have any more specific questions, fire away. :3[/QUOTE]
Further proof that people who play video games are well equipped to go on murderous rampages. ;)

[quote name='prmononoke']Rent? Do they have like a Netflix for guns or something?[/QUOTE]
That could very well be a contender for worst idea ever. Congratulations! :D

[quote name='prmononoke']Rent? Do they have like a Netflix for guns or something?[/quote]
Kind of, its called 'rob a gun shop and return them the next day'

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']Kind of, its called 'rob a gun shop and return them the next day'[/quote]

Well fuck that, I want them to come in the mail!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You forgot to tell him just to go rent a bunch of different handguns (of course starting with the CZ and XD) to see what feels best in his hands.[/quote]
"Anyway, to summarise, it's kinda up to you what to get, exactly, and it would be best to talk to someone behind the counter regarding what you want in your pricerange. Also consider investing in handgun saftey classes, they're invaluable."

Somewhat similar, but yeah, that's a big part of it. The XD45 is a fairly large handgun, so it might not be fit for someone with a smaller stature. Then again, it's hard to find a .45 for tiny hands. :lol:

I suppose another thing I'd propose is to start off by owning a smaller calibre. 7.62x39, while managable, still kicks pretty hard, and since my dad has only fired my SKS (same calibre as the AK), he's got a really bad flinch from the kick. If you're serious about developing shooting as hobby, these are the steps I'd take:

1. .22LR bolt-action rifle.
2. .22LR semi-auto rifle.
3. .308 bolt action

Then you ought to be fairly used to firing rifles and can go from there. I would stress that you take a class or read up, because you really learn a lot more than on your own. Same steps for a handgun, except they're all essentally semi-auto. The first bolt action teaches shot placement and ammo conservation and introduces you to recoil, since you feel 100% of the force. Semi auto operates on recoil, so it's a bit less, and you're taught how the semi-auto action operates and feels, considering it's a lot different. The .308 is a step up to a more powerful, rounded .30cal cartridge that really prepares you for anything else.

Barring .50 BMG, that is, but fuck that.

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']You could get a friend to rob and ship?[/quote]

Shipping a firearm across state lines without going through an FFL dealer (gun store) is a federal crime in itself. Enjoy your BATFE rape, those pigs are fuckin' nuts.

[quote name='Hex']Shipping a firearm across state lines without going through an FFL dealer (gun store) is a federal crime in itself. Enjoy your BATFE rape, those pigs are fuckin' nuts.[/quote]
I'm assuming that if one were to rob a gun store, they would probably also commit another crime;)

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']I'm assuming that if one were to rob a gun store, they would probably also commit another crime;)[/quote]

Well yeah but the post office wouldn't exactly let a firearm get through without checking it out. ;)

[quote name='Hex']Well yeah but the post office wouldn't exactly let a firearm get through without checking it out. ;)[/quote]
Commie bastards....

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']Commie bastards....[/quote]

If you have a Curio and Relic license, though, you can have >50 firearms shipped to your door. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back