Last chance to preorder! Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)

omegafox84

CAGiversary!
Just thought I would post this in case some people weren't aware of it. This comes out tomorrow (5/17) and is only $30 before Prime or GCU discounts. If you preorder, you get a beautiful Squad 7 Armored case. However, this bonus could end up being pretty limited as the Best Buy product page no longer mentions this as a preorder bonus. I had preordered through Best Buy and already received mine. I've never played this before but I'm loving it so far! Definitely a great deal!

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Remastered-PlayStation-4/dp/B01B61X1UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463413101&sr=8-1&keywords=valkyria+chronicles+remastered

Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/valkyria-chronicles-remastered-playstation-4/4991702.p?id=bb4991702&skuId=4991702

Lost Dimension is pretty similar. The character movement takes place in the same manner, theres just no real time counter attacks if you cross into their line of sight/fire.

Anyone remember "Full Spectrum Warrior"? I always LOVED those games and would love for them to bring back the series. From what I remember, it's kind of similar to Valkyria Chrinicles in the way you move your characters around. Damn were those games fun

Should have my copy in the mailbox when I arrive home from work today. It's going to be tough for me to choose between Valkyrie Chronicles, DOOM, and Uncharted 4 this evening. 

I had to contact Amazon. Same thing happened to me, even though though the Product Page said you could still get Release Day delivery up until yesterday.
Mine shipped late this morning as well. Gonna contact them now as they should be held to their word.

got this with double prime discount when it first went up for preorders for $19.

Not arriving till thursday....Really?
i got in with the same deal, plus a $5 book credit applied somehow. is it amazon saying thursday or the shipping company? before mine was actually in transit it said thursday through ups.com, but its been updated and is out for delivery today. amazon said tuesday the whole time.

This case may not be a steelbook, but man this thing is sexy looking :D
I would have liked some artwork on the inside of the case, or an instruction manual, but I can't complain. $24 at release for a niche game remaster that nobody could have expected works for me.

Never played it before, looking forward to it.

My copy should be arriving Wed from Amazon. Got the double Prime discount and a glitched $5 book coupon discount when the Amazon listing first went up under the books category.

All in all, $15 and change!

Amazon credited me a month of Prime because their supplier was late in their shipment. Production issues maybe? Either way, a day late but a month more; can't complain. ;)

Since BB is sold out, are the copies from Amazon the Metal Pak ones?  It says "Standard Edition" but I am not sure what that means exactly.  Wanted to double check before I order one.

What does this have that the PS3 version doesn't have? I assume it comes with all the DLC packs. Anything else? I still have a sealed PS3 copy and a few DLC packs from years ago when they went on sale. I never played the game but wasn't sure if this was worth the double dip just for a nice case and prettier graphics.

Since BB is sold out, are the copies from Amazon the Metal Pak ones? It says "Standard Edition" but I am not sure what that means exactly. Wanted to double check before I order one.
I think the "Metal Pak" was only for pre-orders.

Maybe, as the title of this thread says, after the game launched per se, the rest is just standard ps4 cases (?) Not sure, but this appears to be the case.

Since BB is sold out, are the copies from Amazon the Metal Pak ones? It says "Standard Edition" but I am not sure what that means exactly. Wanted to double check before I order one.
I just walked out of my local Best Buy. They had 3 copies at opening, and have 1 left now. All first shipment copies are the steel case edition, and I can verify that with the one sitting on my passenger seat.

I think the "Metal Pak" was only for pre-orders.

Maybe, as the title of this thread says, after the game launched per se, the rest is just standard ps4 cases (?) Not sure, but this appears to be the case.
I just walked out of my local Best Buy. They had 3 copies at opening, and have 1 left now. All first shipment copies are the steel case edition, and I can verify that with the one sitting on my passenger seat.
I was just able to order two copies for in-store pickup from Best Buy for a buddy and myself.

I think we should be set. Thanks for the input guys!

Like I said, the only thing I'm worried about is getting it shipped in a bubble mailer ugh. Might have to swing by BBY early just in case.

That is why you get that Elite Plus Price Match with the 45-day window bruh
Bingo. Alas, I don't see this cratering in price as it looks like stores only got a handful of copies.

The case itself isn't a steelbook or a metalpak, all signs point to it being a cheap Chinese case but it's well put together and the design looks nice so I'm not complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to preorder (even though I saw this thread yesterday) but the website said there were "less than 3" available for store pickup. Says it's preparing for pickup, and I'm all nervous, then I realized my Best Buy isn't even open yet. Hopefully it's about to update.

Forgot to preorder (even though I saw this thread yesterday) but the website said there were "less than 3" available for store pickup. Says it's preparing for pickup, and I'm all nervous, then I realized my Best Buy isn't even open yet. Hopefully it's about to update.
If they haven't opened yet, you'll be fine. They will likely pull your order before they even open the doors.

Mine arrived. The art on the case is very nice.
Welp, onto the "PS4 games waiting for a PS4 to play them on" shelf it goes. I really need to get around to buying a PS4...

Says unavailable for pick up at my BB, will double check when I trade Uncharted 4 in. TIV is only $30/33 so I guess this would be good if they have it. 

Says unavailable for pick up at my BB, will double check when I trade Uncharted 4 in. TIV is only $30/33 so I guess this would be good if they have it.
Looks like they did a fairly small print for the first run. I just did a search out of curiosity and every Best Buy in my area has 3 or less copies in stock, which typically translates to it's sold out already. I think this well also sell considerably better than the original release due to the game now having a cult following and it helps that it's retailing at $29.99, more developers should take note on these remasters and price them accordingly. IMO $29.99 is max MSRP for a remaster like this.

Keep getting the out of stock message on Best Buy the past few days whenever I tried to order it.  As much as I wanted that GCU discount I said the hell with it and just put in on Amazon for it.  They remove the mention of the steel case, but the title still says "Launch Edition" hence the metal case since those are what the launch editions are.  However Amazon's track record with me has been less than stellar.  Took some screen grabs just in case they try and pass off a standard copy.

Are these at Walmart?  I might try my local one to see.  I was just at a different one and they didn't even have a sign of it and the website doesn't even have a listing for it from Walmart.

Keep getting the out of stock message on Best Buy the past few days whenever I tried to order it. As much as I wanted that GCU discount I said the hell with it and just put in on Amazon for it. They remove the mention of the steel case, but the title still says "Launch Edition" hence the metal case since those are what the launch editions are. However Amazon's track record with me has been less than stellar. Took some screen grabs just in case they try and pass off a standard copy.

Are these at Walmart? I might try my local one to see. I was just at a different one and they didn't even have a sign of it and the website doesn't even have a listing for it from Walmart.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21923]
Lol. I saw this yesterday at a Walmart I was at. Wasn't able to buy it but the steelbook does look lovely.

Mother of shit....mine is dented.

Couldnt see it until I opened it WOW

If anyone was debating on getting this...dont it's a POS.  Metal Packs are shit, end of story.  It doesnt even open w/o making a cracking noise.

(the spine on mine is bent to shit too...fuck amazon, def asking for refund even tho it's opened)

Order 3, and they will most likely send them in a cardboard mailer or box. Then just return the other 2.
Well the problem is Im already on a short leash with Amazon and I'm worried about being banned for contacting them and returning stuff....and the lady set it up so she only got me 1 (obviously). Nothing I can do but hope :/ or order some other stuff fast and hope it all comes int he same shipment lol

Well the problem is Im already on a short leash with Amazon and I'm worried about being banned for contacting them and returning stuff....and the lady set it up so she only got me 1 (obviously). Nothing I can do but hope :/ or order some other stuff fast and hope it all comes int he same shipment lol
Well, you could go to Walmart and buy a pristine one. Wait until your new Amazon one comes, and if it is fucked up, swap them and return the busted one to Walmart lol

Mother of shit....mine is dented.

Couldnt see it until I opened it WOW

If anyone was debating on getting this...dont it's a POS. Metal Packs are shit, end of story. It doesnt even open w/o making a cracking noise.

(the spine on mine is bent to shit too... fuck amazon, def asking for refund even tho it's opened)
This may be the overreaction of the decade. You ordered a game with a metal case, one that would most assuredly be shipped in a bubble mailer, and not only are you complaining about a borderline certainty, you're attempting to convince others to not pick up the game because of your bad experience? Meh.

bread's done
Back