Last chance to preorder! Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)

omegafox84

CAGiversary!
Just thought I would post this in case some people weren't aware of it. This comes out tomorrow (5/17) and is only $30 before Prime or GCU discounts. If you preorder, you get a beautiful Squad 7 Armored case. However, this bonus could end up being pretty limited as the Best Buy product page no longer mentions this as a preorder bonus. I had preordered through Best Buy and already received mine. I've never played this before but I'm loving it so far! Definitely a great deal!

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Remastered-PlayStation-4/dp/B01B61X1UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463413101&sr=8-1&keywords=valkyria+chronicles+remastered

Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/valkyria-chronicles-remastered-playstation-4/4991702.p?id=bb4991702&skuId=4991702

Can you tards stop arguing?  It's a cheap remaster with a metal case and DLC.  Either buy it or don't, stop bitching.  

Last edited by a moderator:
F6iAV87.png

After playing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for 2 hours, here is my review, on a scale of 1 - 10:

Undented metal case, but with loose disk / 10

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000.

Because I made a couple opinions you disagree with? Any other post is merely in response to someone else. "Incomprensible"? Then try thinking from a different angle. Glad at least some people acknowledge the validity of my sentiments. Disagreeing is one thing but to be so dismissive, reductive, and passive aggressive is another. Your comment amounts to "STFU, you're wrong." How considerate and thoughtful.
Have a dissenting opinion; those are awesome! I find yours to be unreasonable and flawed from the ground up. They're not all created equal (just like ass holes). So there's really nowhere to go from here.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

Have a dissenting opinion; those are awesome! I find yours to be unreasonable and flawed from the ground up. They're not all created equal (just like ass holes). So there's really nowhere to go from here.

More dismissiveness and reductive rhetoric. Saying that someone is wrong and explaining why someone is wrong are two different things; you've merely done the former, and in a vulgar and personal manner.. I'm done having this "discussion," and I use that term very loosely. What a waste. I complain about companies and government, not to random internet people.

"So there's really nowhere to go from here."

It went nowhere the moment you first responded.

More dismissiveness and reductive rhetoric. Saying that someone is wrong and explaining why someone is wrong are two different things; you've merely done the former, and in a vulgar and personal manner.. I'm done having this "discussion," and I use that term very loosely. What a waste. I complain about companies and government, not to random internet people.

"So there's really nowhere to go from here."

It went nowhere the moment you first responded.
Sorry, bud, but I explained why I thought it was a great value in my first response. I don't need to repeat it. And since you clearly disagree, there's not much more to say on either side. I explained where I was coming from. Based on that, I find your stance to be extremely unreasonable and ridiculous. That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I picked up a copy yesterday from Best Buy.

I drove 5 miles to a store in little Cuba, pretty much. The girl at best buy was way surprisingly too helpful. She said they had only one copy in the system so she'd go and check the warehouse. Came back and said they didn't have it as gag, and pulled the copy from behind her back. That was cool, made my day.

The steel book is definitely awesome. I exchanged a copy of Fallout 4 I got on sale for it.

The guy at customer service was also a gamer and was like "man I have this on Steam, I didn't know it came out on Ps4. And for $30? Damn I want one."

It was pretty cool.

I drove 5 miles to a store in little Cuba, pretty much. The girl at best buy was way surprisingly too helpful. She said they had only one copy in the system so she'd go and check the warehouse. Came back and said they didn't have it as gag, and pulled the copy from behind her back. That was cool, made my day.

The steel book is definitely awesome. I exchanged a copy of Fallout 4 I got on sale for it.

The guy at customer service was also a gamer and was like "man I have this on Steam, I didn't know it came out on Ps4. And for $30? Damn I want one."

It was pretty cool.
Date the girl and become besties with the guy....everything is good. Course you ruined that guys dream by buying the last copy in the store. :whistle2:

Lol, the wife wouldn't be thrilled.

I normally don't post but I thought it was pretty cool.

I figured Fallout will go cheaper eventually than the $29.99 that I got it for, possibly with the DLC. And I doubt Valkyria will go on sale. Seemed like a good tradeoff

Lol, the wife wouldn't be thrilled.

I normally don't post but I thought it was pretty cool.

I figured Fallout will go cheaper eventually than the $29.99 that I got it for, possibly with the DLC. And I doubt Valkyria will go on sale. Seemed like a good tradeoff
Valkyria is the better game anyway. You did a good thing.

Mine showed up from Amazon in a padded envelope, and was expecting the worst - given my Bravely Second experience, but amazingly it's in perfect condition. 

Wait what? This is actually hard to find? 

EDIT* Not saying I'm not happy the 1st print didn't sell out, glad it did. Just surprised, didn't think this would do too well. FANTASTIC game, BTW. 

It was pretty cool.
Was there a hush hush wink gesture?

Don't think it's rare persay....saw at least 3 copies of this at the Gamestop I went to earlier. Almost bit on one, but decided against it.

On the amazon link, it says launch edition. Does this include the steelbook? I've been lookin into this game recently and I just also so happened to miss the pre-order bonus. 

It's pretty much a first print bonus.
The thing I'm mixed up on is it says First Day Launch edition then it says PS4 Standard Edition. I asked live chat if they had any clue and they say that it " does not appear to come with the steelbook".

I might stop by a store tomorrow to see if they have any copies leftover.

On the amazon link, it says launch edition. Does this include the steelbook? I've been lookin into this game recently and I just also so happened to miss the pre-order bonus.
It also says standard edition after that... "Valkyria Chronicles Remastered: Launch Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition"

LOL Get it together Amazon.

Thanks for the heads up.  I picked up the last copy at my Best Buy.  I should really get around to playing this game.  I think my ps3 copy is still sealed.

Wait what? This is actually hard to find?

EDIT* Not saying I'm not happy the 1st print didn't sell out, glad it did. Just surprised, didn't think this would do too well. FANTASTIC game, BTW.
Most GS locations in STL are sitting on a few each so if you can stand your local one, might want to try there.

Sega better localize the other Valkyria games...I never played the first one on ps3 after learning Sega wasn't localizing the future titles.
2 & 3 were PSP games, as PSP was the dominant format for JRPG's in Japan in the late aughts.

VC 3 is the only VC game not to get localized. The VC anime is available on Crackle for streaming, but I think it's Japanese only, not even subtitles (I won't watch unless it's dubbed so I could be wrong about the subtitles.)

Most GS locations in STL are sitting on a few each so if you can stand your local one, might want to try there.
Every GS near me showing it as in stock... but not sure if it's the 1st ed or standard edition. I'm sure some have them still but a few BBYs are also showing it in stock. Only a bit out of the way, I might just make the trip.

2 & 3 were PSP games, as PSP was the dominant format for JRPG's in Japan in the late aughts.

VC 3 is the only VC game not to get localized. The VC anime is available on Crackle for streaming, but I think it's Japanese only, not even subtitles (I won't watch unless it's dubbed so I could be wrong about the subtitles.)
It has subtitles.

thanks but I already bought it for the second time on Steam like a year ago

rosie 4ever
Her and Alicia where so OP they could tank a lot of the missions by themselves. Also forgot her name but the sniper that could sometimes fire twice, huge help. Seems like the best troops where the females looking back.

Every GS near me showing it as in stock... but not sure if it's the 1st ed or standard edition. I'm sure some have them still but a few BBYs are also showing it in stock. Only a bit out of the way, I might just make the trip.
I haven't seen any non-MetalPak copies at retail yet. My GS had 3-4 preorders & got 9 or 10 copies.

I ordered two from Amazon on Wednesday. They arrived today and both were steelbooks (well, Metalpaks to be technical).

In the Austin area, there are at least two Gamestops with abundant supply (as of yesterday).

The Gamestop in the Arboretum had about 7 or 8 copies and the Gamestop in The Domain had 4 copies last I checked.

There was no limit at the Arboretum but The Domain was limiting one per purchase.

bread's done
Back