LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']Wow, all that and the only thing I want is a $12 Star Wars set. And that USB drive from last week is $25???[/QUOTE]

Me too. I ordered two of the Mandalorian sets for Christmas. My 5-year-old will be super excited. But everything else is underwhelming. Last summer's Star Wars sets, with the General Grievous ship and Slave I, were much more exciting.

[quote name='180husher']Wow, all that and the only thing I want is a $12 Star Wars set. And that USB drive from last week is $25???[/QUOTE]

It was $25 last week too. They had them in a basket with the sign saying "Free when you spend $75" but if you only wanted it you could waste $25 on it. I like it, but it should be $20 and have 4GB.

Ugh, I cracked. I promised myself I wouldn't get into Lego collecting because I would become very obsessive. The basis of my childhood memories revolve around Legos and it's why I hold a bachelor's degree in Architecture. This thread didn't help either as I was stunned to see how many people actually love the same toys I grew up playing with. So I went into my local Target and came out with 3 Star Wars sets this weekend.

I guess I'm starting my journey, again. Any advice to finding great deals on Legos? Any hardcore Lego websites I should be aware of? Lego community forums dedicated more to fans?

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']

I guess I'm starting my journey, again. Any advice to finding great deals on Legos? Any hardcore Lego websites I should be aware of? Lego community forums dedicated more to fans?[/QUOTE]

The LEGO Community is a bunch of insane childish freaks, and sadly because of that there aren't really a lot of forums (besides right here) where you can tell your opinion without being banned, or people thinknig you are insulting them for thinking differently.

For info on sets use brickset.com. For deals I usually come here and everyone will post them. toysnbricks.com is a good mixed site with sales and peoples creations. I used to like brothers-bricks.com but the site would be down more than it was up so I stopped going there.

Amazon is having yet another BOGO50% and it's on already discounted sets, worth a look. I'd like to order two TS Army Men but that doesn't work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000635581&plpage=2

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Ugh, I cracked. I promised myself I wouldn't get into Lego collecting because I would become very obsessive. The basis of my childhood memories revolve around Legos and it's why I hold a bachelor's degree in Architecture. This thread didn't help either as I was stunned to see how many people actually love the same toys I grew up playing with. So I went into my local Target and came out with 3 Star Wars sets this weekend.

I guess I'm starting my journey, again. Any advice to finding great deals on Legos? Any hardcore Lego websites I should be aware of? Lego community forums dedicated more to fans?[/QUOTE]
If you don't mind buying used, Craigslist is your friend. Especially in the summer, garage sales have been good to me. Looking out for sales and using coupons are the best way to get them cheap.

Then, there's Bricklink and of course eBay.

Sites to check out.. hm,, here's a few I can think of...

- fbtb.net
- toysnbricks.com
- eurobricks.com (bigdaddy's favorite site)
- brickshelf.com
- brothers-brick.com
- peeron.com
- brickset.com
- brickpop.com
- brickbuildr.com
- brickarms.com
- brickforge.com
- brickartist.com
- fineclonier.com
- danstoymuseum.blogspost.com
- brick-town-talk.com
- brickmania.com

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Ugh, I cracked. I promised myself I wouldn't get into Lego collecting because I would become very obsessive. The basis of my childhood memories revolve around Legos and it's why I hold a bachelor's degree in Architecture. This thread didn't help either as I was stunned to see how many people actually love the same toys I grew up playing with. So I went into my local Target and came out with 3 Star Wars sets this weekend.

Welcome to the club! :)

As far as deals, no other site I know posts as many deals as are posted here, so we have you covered. There are a bunch of Lego forums including eurobricks.com (everything), fbtb.net (star wars), classic-castle.com (castle). I haven't had as much trouble as bigdaddy, though I guess I'm also not as outspoken :lol:. They all offer good information for upcoming sets and general Lego discussions. brickset.com, like bigdaddy mentioned, is just a big database of sets. peeron.com is the same, but also offers inventories and manuals for most sets. bricklink.com is great if you need to buy or sell individual parts or sets.

Welcome back (from your Dark Age) !

For deals and forums, I normally visit this site, toysnbricks.com, and bricklink.com.

Thanks a lot for that list, JAYMATIK, and thanks to the rest for your responses! I'll definitely visit this thread more often for deals and such. I'm hoping to purchase a few nice sets from the Star Wars series and Architecture series during the holiday sales.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Thanks a lot for that list, JAYMATIK, and thanks to the rest for your responses! I'll definitely visit this thread more often for deals and such. I'm hoping to purchase a few nice sets from the Star Wars series and Architecture series during the holiday sales.[/QUOTE]
If Architecture is what you want you got to get the B&N coupon that is posted in this thread. 30% off any set, and you can reuse it as many times as you want in the next 4 weeks.

Nope, I tried it a few different ways and it still comes out to $16ish.

It doesn't work at all,. I tried that and a HP set and still nothing. fuck you Amazon I'm really not in the mood to put up with a fucked up site.

I did, it works now, but I can't think of anything else I want and shipping is $4.42! Thus makes the BOGO useless. :lol:

Now that I think about it, the $11 sets for $8 then BOGO makes the sets almost a true BOGO. It's $12 for two $11 sets. Now I'm debating if I should get the PoP and TS set or two TS sets.

If you buy two of the World Racer set that is normally $40, you can get two sets for $37.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postureking']New TRU coupon: 25% off minimum $50 purchase of Legos. There don't appear to be any exclusions.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...6598&csu=1251168&camp=CME:20101213_EM_TRU_DOD

Should be good with the other sets discounted this week. Between this and Amazon these are some of the best deals of the year for Lego.[/QUOTE]

Stop it guys. I don't want to go to TRU anymore...

Anybody see the new SW sets at TRU yet?

[quote name='180husher']Stop it guys. I don't want to go to TRU anymore...

Anybody see the new SW sets at TRU yet?[/QUOTE]
I was at TRU today to pick up SMB All Stars and looked, nothing new yet. Their site also says that the Bakery and Toy Shop are in store, but that seems to be a lie.

TRU 12/17 - 12/18

20% off Lego Star Wars AT-AT Walker $95.99

30% off
Technic Buggy, Tractor or Snow Groomer

TRU 12/19 - 12/24

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off all Lego City sets.

50% off Lego Universe Online game with any Lego construction set or game purchase.

[quote name='ackbar7']If Architecture is what you want you got to get the B&N coupon that is posted in this thread. 30% off any set, and you can reuse it as many times as you want in the next 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up ackbar7!! Definitely in for the Fallingwater set. I hope these guys expand on this series.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Wow...feels like lego is on sale everyday somewhere....
Amazon has lego games on sale......

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Games-45...&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&qid=1292304064&sr=8-9

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Games-45...&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&qid=1292304494&sr=8-8

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Games-45...&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&qid=1292304383&sr=8-6

Bigdaddy, if you sign up for free Amazon prime, you can get free shipping. There's one for parents (2 months free), or students (1 year free)......[/QUOTE]
And on Amazon all you need to be a parent is a name for your kid.

I was able to use the TRU 25% coupon this morning with the Count Dooku set - got two of them for $54 after the coupon. Works out to a B1G1 free (MSRP is $54.99).

[quote name='postureking']I was able to use the TRU 25% coupon this morning with the Count Dooku set - got two of them for $54 after the coupon. Works out to a B1G1 free (MSRP is $54.99).[/QUOTE]

That's the same set I want to use the code on, but it seems like tru.com doesn't show it discounted anymore. Would it still be on sale at the store or do they pull the sale items just as quickly?

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']That's the same set I want to use the code on, but it seems like tru.com doesn't show it discounted anymore. Would it still be on sale at the store or do they pull the sale items just as quickly?[/QUOTE]

I bought one this morning. It was not marked on sale in the store but I scanned it myself and it rung up at 35.99. Checking out and everything confirmed that the sale price was still valid. You could check the price in the store but the prices are almost always universal.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Wow...feels like lego is on sale everyday somewhere....
Amazon has lego games on sale......

Bigdaddy, if you sign up for free Amazon prime, you can get free shipping. There's one for parents (2 months free), or students (1 year free)......[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. A free year for students? How do they know? I used a gift card thing I got last Christmas so if I can't cancel Prime ( it wouldn't let me yesterday) there is only $8 left on it.

And the games are less than $8. Any of them any good?

[quote name='postureking']I bought one this morning. It was not marked on sale in the store but I scanned it myself and it rung up at 35.99. Checking out and everything confirmed that the sale price was still valid. You could check the price in the store but the prices are almost always universal.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know! I'll definitely stop by this afternoon and hopefully get one. Thanks.

No luck for me on that Barnes and Noble coupon. The discount isn't applied to anything I try to checkout. Bummer.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']

No luck for me on that Barnes and Noble coupon. The discount isn't applied to anything I try to checkout. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

The coupon says "In store only. Not valid online". That might be why it's not working. :cool:

[quote name='bigdaddy']:lol:

The coupon says "In store only. Not valid online". That might be why it's not working. :cool:[/QUOTE]

The coupon ad (Kids Club promo) says Online also and gives you a code to enter at checkout, but it doesn't work. I've never ordered from BN, but then again I've never been a fan of their prices.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']The coupon ad (Kids Club promo) says Online also and gives you a code to enter at checkout, but it doesn't work. I've never ordered from BN, but then again I've never been a fan of their prices.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh yeah B&N made it so the coupon can't work on LEGOs online, I don't know about anything else.

I thought you were talking about the new 50% off coupon from Borders', my bad.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Ohhh yeah B&N made it so the coupon can't work on LEGOs online, I don't know about anything else.

I thought you were talking about the new 50% off coupon from Borders', my bad.[/QUOTE]

I forgot that. It is still valid in store though.

Had a largely fruitless shopping trip to TRU in Framingham -- Lego shelves were half empty, and there were about 8 shoppers with lists in the Lego aisle looking to spend spend spend. Most of them didn't even have the 25% off coupons, just handwritten lists from their children of what they wanted. If I were the manager, I'd be pulling my hair out over the missed sales due to understocking. The staff was busy but quite helpful about checking on availability -- I was hoping to score a Tower Bridge, a NASA Shuttle and a City Airport with the coupon, but none in stock. No Count Dooku either -- I'd say the selection was about 1/3 of the non-holiday norm. Also ran into another shopper with a cheat sheet for the series 3, which I didn't bother buying -- there were about 10 packs in 2 boxes left. I did buy a Police Mobile Unit and a polybag Speeder (to get over $50), and picked another Speeder as my freebie minifig. At least I found some heavily-discounted Nerf Wii game bundles by the checkout.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's exactly what I did. A free year for students? How do they know?[/QUOTE]

You need a .edu address, but beyond that they don't know. I believe they reserve the right to do an actual verification, but I've never heard of them doing that.

[quote name='bostonqt']Had a largely fruitless shopping trip to TRU in Framingham -- Lego shelves were half empty, and there were about 8 shoppers with lists in the Lego aisle looking to spend spend spend. Most of them didn't even have the 25% off coupons, just handwritten lists from their children of what they wanted. If I were the manager, I'd be pulling my hair out over the missed sales due to understocking. [/QUOTE]

It's not under stocking, it's just really bad management! LEGO has been a huge seller the last few years and TRU as a company should have been buying more. They keep having BOGO50% off sales but never buy more sets.

However why don't those people just go to The LEGO Store? The sets are probably cheaper.

[quote name='FadeToOne']You need a .edu address, but beyond that they don't know. I believe they reserve the right to do an actual verification, but I've never heard of them doing that.[/QUOTE]

That's fucking bullshit. I went to a two year school, I was still a student but they don't give out email addresses.

Personally I haven't had any trouble at all finding what I want in TRU. The only stuff that has been remotely hard to find are the minifigs and even those became fairly common after a while. Wave 2 anyway. I have only seen wave 3 once so far. Though I will admit there are a lot of TRUs in NJ. Actually stuff's been too easy to find...with all these sales I am spending far too much money on plastic bricks.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's not under stocking, it's just really bad management! LEGO has been a huge seller the last few years and TRU as a company should have been buying more. They keep having BOGO50% off sales but never buy more sets.

However why don't those people just go to The LEGO Store? The sets are probably cheaper.

That's fucking bullshit. I went to a two year school, I was still a student but they don't give out email addresses.[/QUOTE]

Finally found a decent amount of Wave 3 today. I had seen it once before but there was only about a half-dozen of them left the first time and they were all race car drivers and sumo wrestlers.

I went through all 3 boxes and I was able to find Blacktron cyborg, a samurai, and a snowboarder for my girlfriend. I did find a fisherman but then decided I didn't really like it. Still kind of confused about the hype around the fisherman. The one last figure I was looking for was an elf but of all 3 boxes I couldn't find a single one. Obviously someone who was army building beat me to it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's not under stocking, it's just really bad management! LEGO has been a huge seller the last few years and TRU as a company should have been buying more. They keep having BOGO50% off sales but never buy more sets.

However why don't those people just go to The LEGO Store? The sets are probably cheaper..[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree, it's bad management. One of the sales guys told me that the Lego guy came in yesterday but they're still not stocked. I feel bad for the sales people who really want to help and sell stuff, but just don;t have the stock to sell.
I guess these customers aren't going to the Lego store (or Amazon) because Lego is only half the Xmas list and it's easier to get everything in one stop, rather than drive over to the Natick Mall, find another parking space, walk through half the mall, etc etc. Seriously, half the would-be customers in the TRU Lego aisle were Grandma & Grandpa clutching the list that Grandsonny wrote up for them, bless their hearts. I gave my unused coupon to a sweet bewildered 70yo+ couple and told them to put down the lame police boat and buy their 10-yo the mobile police unit instead.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Finally found a decent amount of Wave 3 today. I had seen it once before but there was only about a half-dozen of them left the first time and they were all race car drivers and sumo wrestlers.

I went through all 3 boxes and I was able to find Blacktron cyborg, a samurai, and a snowboarder for my girlfriend. I did find a fisherman but then decided I didn't really like it. Still kind of confused about the hype around the fisherman. The one last figure I was looking for was an elf but of all 3 boxes I couldn't find a single one. Obviously someone who was army building beat me to it.[/QUOTE]
....where?...
My usual reliable local source isn't getting any Series 3 until January.

[quote name='bostonqt']....where?...
My usual reliable local source isn't getting any Series 3 until January.[/QUOTE]

ToysRUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back