LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fisherman isn't a favorite, it's just people like the beard and that there are only two in a box instead of 4-6.

Frankly just wait until series four and get the gnome, I think he is cooler nd has a beard and pole.

[quote name='bostonqt']Had a largely fruitless shopping trip to TRU in Framingham -- Lego shelves were half empty, and there were about 8 shoppers with lists in the Lego aisle looking to spend spend spend. Most of them didn't even have the 25% off coupons, just handwritten lists from their children of what they wanted. If I were the manager, I'd be pulling my hair out over the missed sales due to understocking. The staff was busy but quite helpful about checking on availability -- I was hoping to score a Tower Bridge, a NASA Shuttle and a City Airport with the coupon, but none in stock. No Count Dooku either -- I'd say the selection was about 1/3 of the non-holiday norm. Also ran into another shopper with a cheat sheet for the series 3, which I didn't bother buying -- there were about 10 packs in 2 boxes left. I did buy a Police Mobile Unit and a polybag Speeder (to get over $50), and picked another Speeder as my freebie minifig. At least I found some heavily-discounted Nerf Wii game bundles by the checkout.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's not under stocking, it's just really bad management! LEGO has been a huge seller the last few years and TRU as a company should have been buying more. They keep having BOGO50% off sales but never buy more sets.

However why don't those people just go to The LEGO Store? The sets are probably cheaper.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bostonqt']Gotta agree, it's bad management. One of the sales guys told me that the Lego guy came in yesterday but they're still not stocked. I feel bad for the sales people who really want to help and sell stuff, but just don;t have the stock to sell.
I guess these customers aren't going to the Lego store (or Amazon) because Lego is only half the Xmas list and it's easier to get everything in one stop, rather than drive over to the Natick Mall, find another parking space, walk through half the mall, etc etc. Seriously, half the would-be customers in the TRU Lego aisle were Grandma & Grandpa clutching the list that Grandsonny wrote up for them, bless their hearts. I gave my unused coupon to a sweet bewildered 70yo+ couple and told them to put down the lame police boat and buy their 10-yo the mobile police unit instead.[/QUOTE]

It is about proper management. At my store, Lego is restocked first every night before anything else along with a couple other key areas. Lego will sell even without any coupons or B1G1 sales. There are some stores that don't comprehend that concept. I've seen the sales numbers for my area, and they are so much larger than last year in every single store. If stores choose not to capitalize on the sales they could have had, it's their loss.

When our Lego rep comes in, he kinda gets disappointed since there really isn't much for him to do since everything pretty much gets worked out beforehand.

[quote name='bostonqt']Had a largely fruitless shopping trip to TRU in Framingham -- Lego shelves were half empty, and there were about 8 shoppers with lists in the Lego aisle looking to spend spend spend. Most of them didn't even have the 25% off coupons, just handwritten lists from their children of what they wanted. If I were the manager, I'd be pulling my hair out over the missed sales due to understocking. The staff was busy but quite helpful about checking on availability -- I was hoping to score a Tower Bridge, a NASA Shuttle and a City Airport with the coupon, but none in stock. No Count Dooku either -- I'd say the selection was about 1/3 of the non-holiday norm. Also ran into another shopper with a cheat sheet for the series 3, which I didn't bother buying -- there were about 10 packs in 2 boxes left. I did buy a Police Mobile Unit and a polybag Speeder (to get over $50), and picked another Speeder as my freebie minifig. At least I found some heavily-discounted Nerf Wii game bundles by the checkout.[/QUOTE]

You aren't likely to find those sets (Tower Bridge and Shuttle) in store. Once I saw a UCS Falcon in a TRU, but when I asked an employee he told me it was a returned online purchase. Hell, I haven't even seen Mindtorms in store for some time now.

I grabbed a Dooku set today...even at $27 I hesitated. I didn't get the free SW speeder with $30 purchase because they didn't have any...maybe because everybody had been buying them the two weeks previous.:roll:

They had two boxes of series 3 opened and half picked through. It took 40 minutes to find a fisherman. I gave up using the cheat sheet in store...I don't know if it's the lighting or what but I can't see those dimples for anything. I just felt the bags. Fishing pole was easy to find the with the string and the gorilla guy's banana is easy too. $2.99 a pack after the 25% off coupon.

Using the Amazon b1g1 50% off I just picked up Gateway of the Squid & PoP Quest Against Time for 36.99. Thought about getting 2 of the PoP sets for $36, but bit on the Squid instead.

My son just finished the King's castle today. He let me do bag 6 and bag 8. I had fun. The king's crown does not stay on the king's head it keeps popping off, it does not click. It is terrible it shoots off. Anybody else have that problem? I called Lego and they are going to send me a new one. Hopefully it will be better.

TRU on 42st Times Square has both the Count Dooku's Solar Sailer and the Tie Defender in stock. TRU in L.I.C. Queens doesn't have any. Just a heads up....

The TRU's in my area (I have 4 to choose from) are fairly stocked with inventory. I never have a hard time getting sets when the promos are active. I just think the demand is really high for LEGOs where I'm at (I'm sure Crane would agree) and so they move fast.

I also was at the LEGO store tonight and the Manager confirmed that Series 3 will be priced at $2.99. Other things to note:

- From now 'til December 24, LEGO store is offering 10% off purchase of $100+. Not bad if you like to get things of PAB. Plus, you still get the PAB box with with purchases over $75+.
- January sale will have, of course, older sets marked down to 30%-50% off MSRP.
- Good chance to see SW 2011 battle packs before January, but unlikely to see any other SW 2011 sets or Ninjago.

[quote name='prim4444']It is about proper management. At my store, Lego is restocked first every night before anything else along with a couple other key areas. Lego will sell even without any coupons or B1G1 sales. There are some stores that don't comprehend that concept. I've seen the sales numbers for my area, and they are so much larger than last year in every single store. If stores choose not to capitalize on the sales they could have had, it's their loss.

When our Lego rep comes in, he kinda gets disappointed since there really isn't much for him to do since everything pretty much gets worked out beforehand.[/QUOTE]

Yea the woman I worked with last week said that the middle area with the Legos are where they make their most money but she didn't know when more sets would come in. Very poor, but not surprising, planning.

This is the only real TRU in the area for at least 50 miles.

[quote name='mickeyp']My son just finished the King's castle today. He let me do bag 6 and bag 8. I had fun. The king's crown does not stay on the king's head it keeps popping off, it does not click. It is terrible it shoots off. Anybody else have that problem? I called Lego and they are going to send me a new one. Hopefully it will be better.[/QUOTE]

I have only had an issue with the jesters hat so you should be good with the replacement.

[quote name='ackbar7']Using the Amazon b1g1 50% off I just picked up Gateway of the Squid & PoP Quest Against Time for 36.99. Thought about getting 2 of the PoP sets for $36, but bit on the Squid instead.[/QUOTE]

I'm on my dying iPod so forget the triple post.

That's an amazing deal. If the PoP set was a little better I'd jump on that deal. You can get two for $36 and that like the price of one for 30% off. Great for small sloped pieces.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']The TRU's in my area (I have 4 to choose from) are fairly stocked with inventory. I never have a hard time getting sets when the promos are active. I just think the demand is really high for LEGOs where I'm at (I'm sure Crane would agree) and so they move fast.

I also was at the LEGO store tonight and the Manager confirmed that Series 3 will be priced at $2.99. Other things to note:

- From now 'til December 24, LEGO store is offering 10% off purchase of $100+. Not bad if you like to get things of PAB. Plus, you still get the PAB box with with purchases over $75+.
- January sale will have, of course, older sets marked down to 30%-50% off MSRP.
- Good chance to see SW 2011 battle packs before January, but unlikely to see any other SW 2011 sets or Ninjago.[/QUOTE]

Guess the price increase wasn't just ToysRUs getting greedy but Lego getting greedy as well. Ah well, just makes it that much less likely that I'll pick up anything except the figures I really want which is usually no more than 2-3 per series. When they were $2 they were great impulse buy items but now I'm just getting a couple per series at most. There was 3 figures in series 3 I wanted (Blacktron, Samurai, Elf) and Series 4? The only thing I plan on getting is the Hazmat guy, especially at $3-4 a pop.

I understand they are popular and selling out but at a certain point if they keep increasing the price and decreasing the quality (I swear the series 3 figures feel like the cheapest build quality of the 3 waves so far) like this the bottom of the market is gonna fall out on them and people are gonna quit throwing down that much money on them. The randomness and getting that figure may drive some people to keep buying but they've gotta know even if they get rid of the barcodes, bumps, and whatever else they may figure out people will still figure out a way to know what they're getting, I mean they're in little bags you can feel right through for god's sake.

Even if they manage to keep it random, who the hell's gonna want to buy a $3 mini-fig when there's a chance that instead of the awesome elf, blacktron cyborg, zombie, etc. you could end up with a mummy, crash test dummy, or a mime.

Alright, well that rant went on a little longer than I intended but oh well.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's fucking bullshit. I went to a two year school, I was still a student but they don't give out email addresses.[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall you can get free .edu addresses somewhere.

[quote name='mickeyp']My son just finished the King's castle today. He let me do bag 6 and bag 8. I had fun. The king's crown does not stay on the king's head it keeps popping off, it does not click. It is terrible it shoots off. Anybody else have that problem? I called Lego and they are going to send me a new one. Hopefully it will be better.[/QUOTE]

Is it like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpGSfj3OaE

Seems a few people have had that same issue with it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have only had an issue with the jesters hat so you should be good with the replacement.[/QUOTE]

You had a similar problem too. I thought the guy at Lego seemed very surprised, so was I.
encendido5-Thanks for that video! YES! It is exactly like that video. That is so funny! Well I hope it gets fixed!

[quote name='encendido5']Is it like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpGSfj3OaE

Seems a few people have had that same issue with it.[/QUOTE]

That's not a flaw! It's a new play feature! :)

Some more LEGO Games are on sale....

Lava game normally $15 is now $6...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1273932062&pf_rd_i=2251935011

Pyramid game is normally $30, now $21. Comes with "rare" 10" by 10" tan baseplate...
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Games-45...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1275899182&pf_rd_i=2251935011

The Racer 3000 game that was $20, then was $8 is now $6. Ihtink thinknig of buying it tomorrow when it's $3... :lol:
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Games-45...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1275899182&pf_rd_i=2251935011

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for some advice... I want to pick up the Mini Figures of series 2 and 3, but they seem to be rare. I checked amazon, but it seems like they are wayyy overpriced (or properly priced?) from third party sellers. TRU is a big hit or miss around my area and I'm a bit skeptical about searching item numbers with them. How could I go about getting all 16 figures from each series? They truly look amazing and I became fascinated with them! Help!

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I'm looking for some advice... I want to pick up the Mini Figures of series 2 and 3, but they seem to be rare. I checked amazon, but it seems like they are wayyy overpriced (or properly priced?) from third party sellers. TRU is a big hit or miss around my area and I'm a bit skeptical about searching item numbers with them. How could I go about getting all 16 figures from each series? They truly look amazing and I became fascinated with them! Help![/QUOTE]

Series 2 you are pretty much out of luck unless you want to try your luck at a Borders', that seems to be the last place that has them beside Fred M... (Forgot the name). At Borders they are $4 a piece... and I still want a skier.

Series 3 hasn't even official been released, so you are better off with those, they will be easier to find a few weeks from now. Sometimes Walmart and Target gets those, but I have never seen that. But the new bumps are hard to read.

They might look great but they are very cheap in plastic.

You may want to try bricklink, or if you have a Meijer nearby check their Xmas stocking stuffer area. Series 3 is just coming out, so you'll have a better chance of finding those in stores than Series 2

Bricklink, or failing that, eBay. Sometimes people just want to get rid of duplicates and they'll have them up for cheap - I should know, I unloaded 16 of them basically at cost.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Series 2 you are pretty much out of luck unless you want to try your luck at a Borders', that seems to be the last place that has them beside Fred M... (Forgot the name). At Borders they are $4 a piece... and I still want a skier.

Series 3 hasn't even official been released, so you are better off with those, they will be easier to find a few weeks from now. Sometimes Walmart and Target gets those, but I have never seen that. But the new bumps are hard to read.

They might look great but they are very cheap in plastic.[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Ugh...I'll check a few Borders around my area, but I've never seen a Fred Meijer (spelling?) in NY. I might just need to individually seek them out one by one. I don't want to go the eBay route, but I might not have a choice here. This sucks!

If anyone here has doubles they want to get rid of I'll gladly scoop them up. PM me.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I'm looking for some advice... I want to pick up the Mini Figures of series 2 and 3, but they seem to be rare. I checked amazon, but it seems like they are wayyy overpriced (or properly priced?) from third party sellers. TRU is a big hit or miss around my area and I'm a bit skeptical about searching item numbers with them. How could I go about getting all 16 figures from each series? They truly look amazing and I became fascinated with them! Help![/QUOTE]

Honestly, buying a "Complete Set" lot on eBay might be the best way (time-wise) to track down a set of Series 2. I've seen them fro around $40-60 for a complete set. Sure, you are feeding a box-hoarder/reseller, but it's quick and easy. I spent at least that much $ and WAY too much time trying to complete my Series 1 and 2. I may do this for Series 3, let someone else call the store, drive around town and feel the raised dot patterns.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Honestly, buying a "Complete Set" lot on eBay might be the best way (time-wise) to track down a set of Series 2. I've seen them fro around $40-60 for a complete set. Sure, you are feeding a box-hoarder/reseller, but it's quick and easy. I spent at least that much $ and WAY too much time trying to complete my Series 1 and 2. I may do this for Series 3, let someone else call the store, drive around town and feel the raised dot patterns.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about doing that, but then again the cheapass in me wants to save a few bucks. I hate to pay premiums on eBay.

I just setup an account on Bricklink and that's the way I want to go! Awesome site. How reliable is this site though? Just wondering, in case I run into problem with a stubborn seller.

Thanks cassidyarch!

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I was thinking about doing that, but then again the cheapass in me wants to save a few bucks. I hate to pay premiums on eBay.

I just setup an account on Bricklink and that's the way I want to go! Awesome site. How reliable is this site though? Just wondering, in case I run into problem with a stubborn seller.

Thanks cassidyarch![/QUOTE]

Bricklink is good just find one with a good rep

I've ordered probably $200 through there with only one issue, very minor.

stopped by meijer today and found an empty series 3 box -- boo. and they are selling S3 for $1.99 per!

another vote for the mime -- he is annoying people in our lego city right now. did anyone else see the little match girl MOC using the mime sad face? awesome.

bigdaddy, you could use your 50%-off borders coupon to get that skier for 2 bucks. stopped by borders today and they had two full boxes of S2 sitting near the registers.

[quote name='aunt beast']

bigdaddy, you could use your 50%-off borders coupon to get that skier for 2 bucks. stopped by borders today and they had two full boxes of S2 sitting near the registers.[/QUOTE]

I know I did that last month with the disco guy by mistake. The problem is it's so damn cold I don't want to go to the mall just to look for a LEGO guy they might not have. The Border's near me hasn't gotten a new shipment of LEGOs in from the day before Thanksgiving to sometime in August or early September I think.

The problem with Bricklinking the minifigures is the guy will be $2.50 and then the parts added on will be $1 more. Then if not one person has them all the shipping will kill it.

Frankly if you can find a complete set on eBay for $50 plus shipping I would do that, it will be much easier and most likely cheaper.

the large pink brick box (5560) is for sale for $15 at walmart (half off), free shipping to your store or 97 cents to your house.

[quote name='TheHelix']TRU nearby had Series 3 minifigs for 4 bucks.

fuck that.[/QUOTE]

we used the BOGOHO to bring it down some, but unless a sale or coupon is involved, TRU won't get any more of our minifig fund.

Wish I had brought my phone into Border's today as they had 9!!! full boxes of series 2 minifigs in the kids section. I guess they were using them to fill the empty shelf space. They'll still be there when series 4 comes out if they keep the $4 price.

Found some Ninjago sets at a TRU today. They were hanging on pegs in the Lego section in packaging similar to acton figures...clam shell plastic on cardboard backing. I figured I'd get the double pack for my son for christmas, waited in line for 10 minutes, and then caused mass confusion as the seasonal cashiers couldn't get it to ring up. Apparently, TRU's system won't allow these to be sold until Jan. 1! Thanks for the tease TRU.

Tru will not be running out of Lego anytime soon. There were boxes everywhere of Lego everywhere.

People will buy series 2 at $4 when series 3 and 4 are close to that.

I work every night until Xmas eve. Bo time for mall shopping for me.

[quote name='180husher']Found some Ninjago sets at a TRU today. They were hanging on pegs in the Lego section in packaging similar to acton figures...clam shell plastic on cardboard backing. I figured I'd get the double pack for my son for christmas, waited in line for 10 minutes, and then caused mass confusion as the seasonal cashiers couldn't get it to ring up. Apparently, TRU's system won't allow these to be sold until Jan. 1! Thanks for the tease TRU.[/QUOTE]

I saw the two-figure starter pack at TRU too. I didn't try to buy it though after I price checked it at 19.99. Too rich for my blood. I think the actual sets will be more reasonably priced.

[quote name='xycury']I wish for someone to one up TRU…. Sucks for a toy store.[/QUOTE]

Remember K-B Toy Stores? Careful what you wish for.

[quote name='aunt beast']a moment of silence for my kb toy outlet, where i could find legos at 75% off. sigh.[/QUOTE]
Going out of business sale was epic. I still have boxes of toys that we go thru for last minute gifts from that.

[quote name='180husher']And one day Walmart will own the TRU name.;)[/QUOTE]

And one day China will own Walmart... and everythnig else.

yahoo news says TRU is participating in "Free Shipping Day" tomorrow along with kmart, sears, etc. etc.

i'm wondering if that's with a minimum order of $$$$$ or on every order...

[quote name='bigdaddy']And one day China will own Walmart... and everythnig else.[/QUOTE]
One day? China already owns the US. All they have to say is 'OK, we're ready to collect our debt'.

I just ordered 37 minifigs online @TRU

With only 1 store that would have them and always being out of stock…

At least I saved $20 in shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back