LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEGO go up in price marginally when they stop producing a set, but it's not really flip-worthy, you'd be better off trying to flip games.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's a good deal, the moving parts alone are probably worth that. It is a $90 set after all.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought of that, but we don't really have alot of Technics pieces so I would have been starting to roll another snowball down a hill. And my wallet is saying no more snowballs.

[quote name='lordwow']LEGO go up in price marginally when they stop producing a set, but it's not really flip-worthy, you'd be better off trying to flip games.[/quote]

If you get lucky, you can make quite a bit. I found a 2006 version of Slave 1 at a Walmart a couple of months ago for $50. I wanted to keep it, but the $150-$175 price tags on Amazon convinced me otherwise. I sold it for $140 on Amazon, which helped me pay for the X-Wing :)

I also sold two of the MX-81 sets for $100 on Amazon after buying them on Target Clearance for $40 each.

Shipping is way expensive though at around $15, so unless you get them for real cheap, you won't be making too much.

Man, we need some more LEGO deals to keep this thread near the top ... just a tasty morsel, if you buy $50 + at the LEGO store in March and have the coupon from the LEGO newsletter (found in the LEGO store) you'll get a free green Power Miners rock monster keychain ... like I said ... an incentive, not a deal ;-)

well lego's are just difficult to have deal's for. we're mostly at the mercy of their push for new stuff while the old stuff is getting clearenced out.

I think TRU still have Pirates at 25% off..... I'm going to pick up at least 3 sets there.

I think some should report what they find in stores too, I think I found a bunch on clearence when I was down at WDW. Picked up Aqua sets, Exo sets and even the Factory at b1g1 free.

I was in the WDW store week before last. Pretty much the same things on sale. The only main things I noticed was the Agent sub and the space Factory sets were clearanced.

Oh, and a big Death Star set was in an 'as-is' beat up box for $100 less than the MSRP.

[quote name='xycury']

I think TRU still have Pirates at 25% off..... I'm going to pick up at least 3 sets there.
[/quote]

It's not all Pirate sets, it's only the 2-3 listed, and it's 20% off TRU prices.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's not all Pirate sets, it's only the 2-3 listed, and it's 20% off TRU prices.[/quote]

is that listed in the ad? because they did that to Power Miners but it was every set in the store.

and darn, only 20? booo.

Which sets? Probably the 3 largest and not the exclusive?

Ship, fort and island? not the hideaway?

I think it's fort, hideout, and maybe the island. The hideout is on sale for ~$35 instead of $40.

This is different than the Power Miners, it says, I think, Save 20% these sets, and then shows a few Pirates and a few Star Wars. But this is TRU is it might be all the Pirate sets.

However it is only 20% I know that for sure.

[quote name='Animal7390']troll warship for 64, is that good?[/quote]

That's been $64 for so long... I read on some other forum that somebody found it for $32, but I haven't had that kind of luck. I saw a couple of the Temple of Akator sets for $64 today too, been that price for the past 3 months.

edit: $55 shipped on ebay:
link

I wish I'd taken advantage when MS had their 30% cashback at ebay. Could've gotten some good sets for a decent price.

Did you guys see the new Train model that is coming out soon. It's called Emerald Night and it appears to just be a model rather than a working train.

Info:
February 18, 2009 – In acknowledgement of the many fan blogs and posts in the
last week we are writing to confirm that The LEGO Company will be launching the
#10194 Emerald Night Train in late March / early April via LEGO Shop at Home and
LEGO Brand Retail.

The #10194 will first be unveiled simultaneously at Brickfest PDX in Portland,
Oregon and Wunderwelt Modellbau in St. Pölten, Austria on March 27 & 28, 2009.

Attached are approved marketing assets from The LEGO Company that help depict
the details for this great new product. Also listed below is some brief product
information with pricing for the #10194.

And to think there’s more………but we’re saving that for the fan events on March 27
& 28 as mentioned above.

Look for more information on the #10194 Emerald Night Train in the March 30th
issue of the LEGO Shop at Home Catalog and online at www.LEGOshop.com.

#10194 – Emerald Night
Ages 14+
1,085 pieces
Pricing:
US $ 99.99
CA $ 129.99
UK £ 68.50
DE € 89.99

With piston-powered wheels, this train is an all-new LEGO® classic!

Here comes the Emerald Night! Build this incredible classic-styled train with
loads of amazing details, from the steam locomotive with furnace to the opening
tender and dining car with removable roof, opening doors and detailed interior.
Measures 68 cm (27.2 in) long! Includes three minifigures, elements in rare
colors and all-new large train wheels with piston motion!

• This classically-styled train features a steam locomotive with furnace,
opening tender, dining car with removable roof, opening doors and detailed
interior!

• Train measures 27.2 inches (68cm) long!

• Lots of authentic touches including elements in rare colors and all-new large
train wheels with piston motion!

• Includes 3 minifigures!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3571/3290034503_ea77c45ded_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3290034487_7696f26377_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/3290034475_d9c660857a_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/3290034467_28003099ef_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3500/3290034457_c629737204_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3372/3290034435_dff4a67393_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3511/3290853830_9997e57719_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3555/3290034353_7ff2ce5acf_o.jpg

It should say... "Only includes three minifigures because in a $100 set that doens't run why would we add more?!"

Nice, but no chance I'm spending $100 on half a train, that's what it looks like. Only one train car and three minifigures is a no go for me, even through it's pretty dark green and tan.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Because there are no deals going on, plus who has the money to spend anyways, here are pictures of my slightly redone castle.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I was curious to see how you had modded that weird bridge. Seeing your skeleton tower reminds me that I have to build the one I got recently:)

whats up with the new Pirates sets having stickers of little red bricks instead of the red bricks being painted on the white pieces?

[quote name='n64ra']whats up with the new Pirates sets having stickers of little red bricks instead of the red bricks being painted on the white pieces?[/quote]

Where have you been? :lol: Almost everything is a sticker because it saves LEGO time, space, and money.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Where have you been? :lol: Almost everything is a sticker because it saves LEGO time, space, and money.[/quote]

Plus it's great because I don't have to deal with useless peices if they are painted on.

I hate stickers too, so I'm glad that they are totally optional.

The only ones I use are the flat "monitor" stickers that use for control panels... because an empty flat black is stupid.

Anyways, I'm miffed I wasn't able to get a $34 shipwreck hideout... :cry:

Kinda not buying anything unless it's on sale or >10.

Grip of the day: I wish WM would freaking realize that one can go lower to clearence stuff that they can't even sell... they still have like 6 ships at $64...

[quote name='bigdaddy']< is less than
> is greater than

:)[/quote]

darnit, I constantly do that.... I think it's because of the angled kb at work... the keys are lined up a bit different.

Hey I know I should search every page of the thread but I just don't have time ... I found my huge bin of legos that I've collected over a 15 year span ... I can't find my big bag of instructions though. Anyone know where I can get instructions because I have some really neat sets

[quote name='bigdaddy']If you want the paper versions you will need to go to bricklink.com.

However most sets are online here.[/quote]

Thank you for this, I can find at least some of my sets there.

The only one I have a problem with is the Skull's Eye Schooner ... I have the set from when I was a kid but no instructions. I'm dying to put it back together but I still can't find the damn instructions and I don't wanna pay 40$ for a set lol

[quote name='bigdaddy']Because there are no deals going on, plus who has the money to spend anyways, here are pictures of my slightly redone castle.[/quote]

Nice Skeleton Tower, where did you find that at?:lol:

My son was sick this past week so we watched alot of Transformers cartoons and played with Legos and Transformers. That's when I made this...

DSC00100.jpg
DSC00101.jpg

Didn't they try make Tranformers Legos at some point?

aaaaaaahhh, i haven't played my bricks in a week... going crazy.

my order of 7 minifig sets came in, going to put them together tonight.

I should post my build back log... it's taller than me I'm sure.

[quote name='180husher']
Didn't they try make Tranformers Legos at some point?[/quote]

Nope. A few people online have created amazing Transformer "set" before that are massive and look like as a robot and as a truck. Someone made that truck into a 5,000 piece 2-3 feet long transformer. It was amazing.

[quote name='xycury']aaaaaaahhh, i haven't played my bricks in a week... going crazy.

my order of 7 minifig sets came in, going to put them together tonight.

I should post my build back log... it's taller than me I'm sure.[/quote]

Hmm, bricklog, let's see... I am currently working on the Eiffel Tower and have only managed to build one half of the bottom section of it. There are three sections to the Tower, and that one section took me 2.5 hours so I have a loooong way to go.
Then I have the Green Grocer set, which is is still sealed. I'm waiting to finish the Eiffel Tower to open that one.
Next will be the Skeleton Tower since I got that recently.
I thinks that's it, though I do want to combine the two King's Castle Siege sets I have into one giant castle. I'll be sure to post pics of that when I'm done.

Are those the third party figs you bought? Let us know how they are.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Nope. A few people online have created amazing Transformer "set" before that are massive and look like as a robot and as a truck. Someone made that truck into a 5,000 piece 2-3 feet long transformer. It was amazing.[/QUOTE]

There were no "Lego" Transformers, but the Japanese made "Diablock" Transformers, which are similar to Legos. This Optimus Prime actually transforms: http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1183256432_dia-block-convoy.jpg

Great, next time my son is sick I will spend all day and night trying to build a "tranforming" Prime outta Legos! I better start buying Technics.

Bricklog 2009

I know you see a SW set, but I picked it up because it was clearenced and it had alot of good pieces. more to add to the collective than anything to keep.

[quote name='xycury']Bricklog 2009

I know you see a SW set, but I picked it up because it was clearenced and it had alot of good pieces. more to add to the collective than anything to keep.[/quote]

Are you paying retail for all those? I thought my pile of 75% off legos was bad. We've run out of shelf space for completed sets, so now we are trying to figure out how to store them before we build any more new ones. It looks like big transparent rubbermaid tubs are the way to go.

[quote name='180husher']It looks like big transparent rubbermaid tubs are the way to go.[/quote]
That's how I've always done it. My sets are all mixed together though so there's no organization there at all.

[quote name='xycury']Bricklog 2009
I know you see a SW set, but I picked it up because it was clearenced and it had alot of good pieces. more to add to the collective than anything to keep.[/quote]
I find your irrational hate disturbing.

[quote name='180husher']Are you paying retail for all those? I thought my pile of 75% off legos was bad. [/quote]

I think the only ones I bought that weren't clearenced to some point was the creator series, $20 jet and the "new" price of the Raft & Copter Coast Guard set. Every other set was at least 25% off. Many of the Exo-force sets were $7 for the big ones, and $5 for the little ones. All of the aqua raider sets were 80% off. The Mars Missions and castle sets were clearence from Target at 40%. Two castles, one at $50, the 2nd at $30. 2 Viking sets were bought well after retial but at about 20-30% less. Dwarf mines were a GC so "free" to me at $45. 2 Factory sets, one was free when you bought the other one for $30. And the only thing that was at retail were all the pirate minfigs because they never go clearence, ever... and even a miracle to get them at 3.50 and not 6 like every other place. (LegoShopathome). The 2 ancient sets, picked them off ebay for 30 each. shipping was high but still well worth the price considering I never had them and they were both $100.

Granted I'm not a Target whore like you... but my closest target is at least 75 miles away and it SUCKS. Most of these were Kmart... which was good to me, but now Kmart had reeled way back in legos, they don't stock the way they used to :cry:

so no, I don't buy Retail unless it's

[quote name='xycury/'] And the only thing that was at retail were all the pirate minfigs because they never go clearence, ever... and even a miracle to get them at 3.50 and not 6 like every other place.

Granted I'm not a Target whore like you[/quote]

I freakin choked on my cookie from laughing when I read that "Target whore" comment! You don't know the half of it...I counted 25 unopened PS3 games in my game cabinet yesterday...now that is a retarded Target whore. Especially considering I have even more 360 games unopened.

Impulse sets like the Pirate ones are on my shopping list for Tues. visit to the Lego store...also looking to get the farm tractor and maybe the Space Skull set that is $35 now. If it isn't on clearance or I can't get it cheaper (or at all because of exclusivity) somewhere else then I buy it at the Lego store and at least get some stamps. I might pick up General Grievous in honor of xycury and his passion for SW.

I just read that the free sets they are giving away on Tues. are for ages 6-12...my son turns 4 in April. I wonder if they will refuse him?

[quote name='180husher']I freakin choked on my cookie from laughing when I read that "Target whore" comment! You don't know the half of it...I counted 25 unopened PS3 games in my game cabinet yesterday...now that is a retarded Target whore. Especially considering I have even more 360 games unopened.

Impulse sets like the Pirate ones are on my shopping list for Tues. visit to the Lego store...also looking to get the farm tractor and maybe the Space Skull set that is $35 now. If it isn't on clearance or I can't get it cheaper (or at all because of exclusivity) somewhere else then I buy it at the Lego store and at least get some stamps. I might pick up General Grievous in honor of xycury and his passion for SW.

I just read that the free sets they are giving away on Tues. are for ages 6-12...my son turns 4 in April. I wonder if they will refuse him?[/quote]

well I try to get cheap Legos, sometimes way out here in the middle of nowhere, it's impossible.

I envy all the ones that do have a Lego Store close to you. Mine is either all the way to Mall of America or Chicago, they built a new one there.

I think I'd constantly be buying clearence there, seemed like they had a whole pallet full at WDW, and that's where I got my two Factory sets, about 1700 lego parts for only 35.

Isn't that General Grievous like 2 years old now? surprising they just don't melt down the parts for it and recycle... it's got to be really cheap.

If the SW sets were any cheaper to snatch up, I've never found one no more than 15% off, I'd just harvest the parts and sell off the minifigs.... but they've never been anywhere I shop at. Even at 15% they are expensive.

Maybe I'll build the SW set, and then tape a Youtube vid of me smashing the damn thing up. :cool:

I think the wife and I are going to plan a trip to Chicago. I should find out their number and contact them about seeing any clearence items... wouldn't mind planning to pick up some cheap legos there when I'm filling up my cups!

I guess if I think positively... I could get any lego set from lego.com tax free, and shipped free if I don't go over $25 with a 5 off code. One up you guys :p

(Dreading the drive though, at least 3 hour drive, and most likely $10 worth of Tolls, fraking ILL)

I just hit the Salvation Army jackpot today, again and snagged The Fright Knights Traitor Transport set (#6099) for $1.75 still in the box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-System-Fri...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

The plastic cave was still attached to the package, but the cardboard was beat up and the flap was taped shut when I shook it a little, I couldn't hear much inside. Still, it was $1.75 and I figured even if there were hardly any pieces in it, it was worth that just for the packaging. I got home, undid the tape and saw all the pieces were in the packaging and the papers were inside, likely muffling the sound. :)

Tomorrow's my nephew's birthday so I hit a huge score for him. A little before Christmas at the same store, I manged to get him the Lobster Strike set for $1.75 as well, still sealed in the package. I just wish I knew where these sets were coming from. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have been to 3-4 different SA and none of them even had a toy section, nivermind a LEGO set.[/quote]

Well, this Salvation Army here is bigger than any others I've been in and has a nicer selection than most as there isn't a Goodwill in my town (there's one nearby but it's half a pain to get in and out of). I also try to go there at least once a week as my relatives are constantly looking for stuff and their prices are usually really good.

Still, even with the amount of stuff they get it in still in the packages... I was surprised both times to find those lego sets.

All you guys crying about not having a Lego Store nearby need to quit your whining. At least you can still find deals at K-Mart and Target. I can't even manage that when I'm home; I'm stuck battling the cretins on eBay for old space sets. I usually lose too. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back