LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant find any deals or clearanced sets at any stores. my local kmarts/sears essentials, have not gotten any more stock in since black friday.

[quote name='Animal7390']i cant find any deals or clearanced sets at any stores. my local kmarts/sears essentials, have not gotten any more stock in since black friday.[/quote]

Well, it IS a recession, after all. I'm sure they've cut waaaaaaaay back on their ordering.

[quote name='Tybee']Well, it IS a recession, after all. I'm sure they've cut waaaaaaaay back on their ordering.[/quote]

Yeah, I think that too, they will be buying less and less... so don't expect alot going on clearence, since they don't have much in stock.

both local WM and Kmart radically reduced what they stocked, now it's just a 4 foot section.

Really? Walmarts Near me expanded the LEGO section because LEGOs sell better in recessions. There was an article about how building sets and blocks, and old school toys like trucks, have gone up in sales as the electronic toys have crashed.

Anyone know of any stores where I might still be able to find the Ferrari FX 1:17? I notice it's going for about $25 more on eBay but was this carried in places like Target, Toys R Us, etc?

Also, man the Emerald Night train looks awesome when you zoom in to the photo on the lego store, can't wait til April!

BTW, is it just me or in the City set - Truck & Forklift ... doesn't it look like it could fit right in on the set of a Jean Claude Van Dam or Chuck Norris action movie in the inevitable "warehouse criminal base" scene ... it seriously looks like they're transporting a bomb or chemical weapon ... the dude receiving it is even wearing shady glasses ... ;-)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Really? Walmarts Near me expanded the LEGO section because LEGOs sell better in recessions. There was an article about how building sets and blocks, and old school toys like trucks, have gone up in sales as the electronic toys have crashed.[/quote]

It's a better toy after all :cool:

But yeah... one WM, and one Kmart, both, 4 foot section.. it's awful.

but one WM really sucks... and the Kmart had TOO many clearenced games so I'm sure they are overhauling what they carry now.

I was at a Walmart yesterday and they moved there smaller LEGO section (half of a small isle) hidden in a weird spot to a large isle right in front of the toys as you go in the garden section.

Why can't Walmarts and Targets be like TRU and have 4 sides of aisles of LEGO plus endcaps and displays? Its not fair.

My Walmarts has 2-3 four foot sections and the Kmart, well I don't even know why I go in there. They have probably 3-4 sections for them but the selection could probably all fit in 1, and its even worst now that the Creator sets went clearance.

My Kmart has two shelves with legos, The Target has one aisle of legos, and my Walmart has 4 shelves of legos so pretty slim pickings for me here fortunately two of the local toy stores sell legos to and one had the impulse packs at 3.50 instead of the usual markups.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Why can't Walmarts and Targets be like TRU and have 4 sides of aisles of LEGO plus endcaps and displays? Its not fair.
[/quote]

Go to Walmart and Target and tell them you want them to follow TRU, they would love to! They then could mark up all the sets 25%.

Checked some prices for clearance Legos at Walmart. My store is out of stock on most sets but scanning my barcode sheet confirmed a few drops if you can find them. Rogue Shadow is now $21, was $30. Spongebob Driving School is now $30, was $40. Others that didn't drop...Police Command Center, Castle Seige, Dwarve's Mine. Something to look for if you're at Walmart any time soon.

[quote name='180husher']Checked some prices for clearance Legos at Walmart. My store is out of stock on most sets but scanning my barcode sheet confirmed a few drops if you can find them. Rogue Shadow is now $21, was $30. Spongebob Driving School is now $30, was $50. Others that didn't drop...Police Command Center, Castle Seige, Dwarve's Mine. Something to look for if you're at Walmart any time soon.[/quote]

Spongebob has been $30 since at least last June!

That's because it's an old piece of shit. :lol:

Someone near me was selling it on Craig's List for only $40 around Christmas.

[quote name='180husher']Checked some prices for clearance Legos at Walmart. My store is out of stock on most sets but scanning my barcode sheet confirmed a few drops if you can find them. Rogue Shadow is now $21, was $30. Spongebob Driving School is now $30, was $40. Others that didn't drop...Police Command Center, Castle Seige, Dwarve's Mine. Something to look for if you're at Walmart any time soon.[/quote]

I don't think all WM price drop at the same time, much like Target... which sucks.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's because it's an old piece of shit. :lol:

Someone near me was selling it on Craig's List for only $40 around Christmas.[/quote]

Seems like an ok set, with a base.... $40 seems like a good price, why would one not want it?

I'd want it for 40.

I still have had zero luck with lego sales/clearances. The one cheap thing I can think of that I got was around Thanksgiving 2005 when Target had the $100 Millenium Falcon for $50. Other than that, nada.

[quote name='Halo05']I'd want it for 40.

I still have had zero luck with lego sales/clearances. The one cheap thing I can think of that I got was around Thanksgiving 2005 when Target had the $100 Millenium Falcon for $50. Other than that, nada.[/quote]

Yeah right now it's dry... all the old sets are gone, the new is too new...

I picked up that SW set because it was cheap/pieces price point.

I would love to get the Troll Ship but still don't want to pay 65 for it. If WM would apply another clearence... ... right now it's almost 20% so another 20% would drop it to 50... THEN I could think about buying it....

ugh....

Can lego just like sell the hulls... that's all I need.... all I want.

[quote name='xycury']I don't think all WM price drop at the same time, much like Target... which sucks.

Seems like an ok set, with a base.... $40 seems like a good price, why would one not want it?[/quote]

I would have bought it, but I didn't, and still don't, want to deal with the Craig's List people.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I would have bought it, but I didn't, and still don't, want to deal with the Craig's List people.[/quote]

haha yeah I agree. Those people.. can hide some real nut cases.

Oh, did anyone or has anyone pickup the Pirate Dock or the Hideaway.. I was wondering if I couldn't mold some of the instructions to build my own... was wanting to do a Jungle Temple Pirate thing sometime... plus with my new blue base I picked up, I have some water now. ha... I should get some more blue bases.

I actually listed some Lego sets on craigslist, though I haven't sold any through there yet. If one goes through though, I'll be able to get the Vader's Tie Fighter set for free after profit :)

SD and FW people are reporting the Walmart sets have gone on further clearance reduction. I don't think any of the ones near me have any of these sets, but good luck!
Indiana Jones - Akator Temple - $30
Star Wars Republic Gunship - $30
Castle Troll Warship - $20 - $30

[quote name='encendido5']
Star Wars Republic Gunship - $30
Castle Troll Warship - $20 - $30[/QUOTE]

I don't know that I've seen the Gunship on clearance at any Wal-Mart I've been to, and I've been to quite a few recently.

Several of the Troll Warship is sitting on clearance at my local Wal-Mart, but last I checked they still had them priced at $64, and I doubt they've dropped them to $20-$30 already.

Walmart's pricing isn't national, it's not even local.

However I would love to have one of those IJ sets, doubt I'll find one for $30.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Surprise, surprise! I actually found 4 of the Troll Warships for $30 a piece at my local Wal-Mart!

The only other Lego I saw on clearance was this Bionicle vehicle for $30: http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8943&cn=541&d=351

Republic Gunship and Akator Temple were not on clearance.[/quote]

awe-freaking-some.

I can paypal you 40 if you ship one to me :D cheapest available with DC :D

I am going to look at my few local ones and maybe a Madison one... see if they have them for NOT 64 :( but I doubt it.

[quote name='encendido5']You want to trade the warship for a castle? :)[/quote]

I don't have a KCS, so I might be interested. PM sent.

[quote name='xycury']awe-freaking-some.

I can paypal you 40 if you ship one to me :D cheapest available with DC :D[/quote]

Sorry, but I'm not really interested in selling any of them. Thanks for the offer though.

Troll Warship $30 ... 4 there, bought 4 :D
Dwarves Mine $21 ... 4 there, bought 1 ... 5 hours later only 2 left
Indy Crystal Temple $30 ... 4 there, bought 1 for resale to nephews ... 5 hours later only 1 left
SW Gunship Orig $120 now $35 ... 5 there, bought 1 !, ... 5 hours later NONE

Spent about 210 after tax.

All that's left is all the HUGE bioncle sets... no one wants those.

I've only checked my local one, there are 2 more, but I know one doesn't have anything, but the other had a few ships left.

Made out like bandits, I think the price dropped must have been either yesterday or today because I grabbed mine at 1pm and they were pretty stocked up, none missing, but now at 7pm no SW sets, 1 Indy, no ships :D, and only 1 Dwarves Mine left.

Probably the best clearance run ever.

I am tempted to sell one on ebay but now they might flood... I could just keep it ... be nice.
Dwarves mine is cheap. The SW ... like over 1000 pieces, alot of white. Going to sell the minifigs.

I probably think someone on FW/SD picked up the rest of the SW... I was going to grab one to sell too :S

What exactly does one do with 4 Troll Warships ... btw if anyone sees an extra Indy Temple set, I have paypal and I'm in the market.

[quote name='xycury']Troll Warship $30 ... 4 there, bought 4 :D
Dwarves Mine $21 ... 4 there, bought 1 ... 5 hours later only 2 left
Indy Crystal Temple $30 ... 4 there, bought 1 for resale to nephews ... 5 hours later only 1 left
SW Gunship Orig $120 now $35 ... 5 there, bought 1 !, ... 5 hours later NONE

Spent about 210 after tax.

All that's left is all the HUGE bioncle sets... no one wants those.

I've only checked my local one, there are 2 more, but I know one doesn't have anything, but the other had a few ships left.

Made out like bandits, I think the price dropped must have been either yesterday or today because I grabbed mine at 1pm and they were pretty stocked up, none missing, but now at 7pm no SW sets, 1 Indy, no ships :D, and only 1 Dwarves Mine left.

Probably the best clearance run ever.

I am tempted to sell one on ebay but now they might flood... I could just keep it ... be nice.
Dwarves mine is cheap. The SW ... like over 1000 pieces, alot of white. Going to sell the minifigs.

I probably think someone on FW/SD picked up the rest of the SW... I was going to grab one to sell too :S[/quote]

You're such a Walmart whore. And where is the love...I posted about the Walmart clearance price drops days ago.

Saw something at the Lego store this week that I've not seen before...two sections of Legos discounted 20% because the boxes were smashed up. Lots of Pirates and Star Wars stuff but I'm sure I can score these on clearance somewhere else soon enough. Almost got the Town Plan set but ordered the Market Village instead. Free shipping, but it won't ship until April. Got a smushed box Tractor and Kraken Attack which was cool because we were going to pick them up anyways.

Kids got to build their free mini set. They give you a card telling you how many pieces and what type, you pick the pieces out of these trays they have, and then build the figure by using the picture as reference. Kids had fun and so did I. Besides ToysRUs, this is the only store the kids and I can all spend a couple of hours in and nobody complains or wants to leave.

[quote name='180husher']You're such a Walmart whore. And where is the love...I posted about the Walmart clearance price drops days ago.[/quote]

Sorry, I should've credited you too... I didn't find much good stuff at Target, but this more made up for it.

I hit a gold mine today. I went to a Walmart that I don't visit very often and found

6 Warships - $30 (bought 2)
1 MX-81 - $30
5 Troll Mines - $21 (bought 2)
10 big Bionicle set - $30 (bought none)

They had 4 of the Republic Gunship and 2 of the Indy Temple sets and I almost passed out, until I scanned them and they came up at regular price of $120 and $88.

[quote name='etcrane']What exactly does one do with 4 Troll Warships ... btw if anyone sees an extra Indy Temple set, I have paypal and I'm in the market.[/quote]

haha well the Trolls need a fleet... I've never ever owned any ship, so I'm hoping to retro fit to build my own ships.

The Temple set is 30, but shipping, don't know how much it would be. They had like 1 left... could be gone now, won't be able to check till late tomorrow.

[quote name='180husher']You're such a Walmart whore. And where is the love...I posted about the Walmart clearance price drops days ago.

Saw something at the Lego store this week that I've not seen before...two sections of Legos discounted 20% because the boxes were smashed up. Lots of Pirates and Star Wars stuff but I'm sure I can score these on clearance somewhere else soon enough. Almost got the Town Plan set but ordered the Market Village instead. Free shipping, but it won't ship until April. Got a smushed box Tractor and Kraken Attack which was cool because we were going to pick them up anyways.

Kids got to build their free mini set. They give you a card telling you how many pieces and what type, you pick the pieces out of these trays they have, and then build the figure by using the picture as reference. Kids had fun and so did I. Besides ToysRUs, this is the only store the kids and I can all spend a couple of hours in and nobody complains or wants to leave.[/quote]

Well I know they must have dropped just yesterday. I think I checked when you said something, but nothing dropped.

[quote name='encendido5']Sorry, I should've credited you too... I didn't find much good stuff at Target, but this more made up for it.

I hit a gold mine today. I went to a Walmart that I don't visit very often and found

6 Warships - $30 (bought 2)
1 MX-81 - $30
5 Troll Mines - $21 (bought 2)
10 big Bionicle set - $30 (bought none)

They had 4 of the Republic Gunship and 2 of the Indy Temple sets and I almost passed out, until I scanned them and they came up at regular price of $120 and $88.[/quote]

oh MX-81 would have been a nice find. I haven't seen one in ages.
No one wants Bionicle... I might but not for 30.

weird that they didn't drop the Gunship and the Temple. Darn WM.

If anyone sees an extra Indy temple set or SW Gunship on clearance, I'm happy to pay for either. As far as shipping goes, I don't really care about the boxes so you could literally open them, put the bagged pieces and build guide in a smaller box and I'd be fine with buying that off ya. Just pm me or name your price here, much appreciated!

I'd also like to throw my hat in on a request for either the Dwarves' Mine or SW Gunship. I'd be happy to pay cost + shipping + a few dollars for your trouble. I hit seven different Wal-Marts today and totally struck out in my search for these two items.

[quote name='xycury']nice find, alot of grey pieces. but shipping on that must be what, $8?[/QUOTE]

$7, but you can use code bscd29 to get $5 off, and it doesn't affect the discounted price like it usually does.

I'm just not sure about this set. Looks okay, but not great. Probably worth it at this price though.

Heh ... I think there's a reason why that SW set is 50% off. After seeing it in person, I'm not really sure what LEGO was thinking with that set ... it's like the crappy Clone Wars designer met up with the LEGO design team and said, "What's the most mundane and ugly special edition vehicle from this series that we can make exclusively for Toys R Us" and thus that set was born

[quote name='FadeToOne']I might just have to go out and find one of these Dwarve's Mines tonight...[/quote]

I can't remember if the Dwarves line in Castle had a good set.

This and the catapult one is it.

Good source of Dwarves if you need some... I may pick up another tonight.

My WalMart is flush with all of those sets. Gunship, Warship, Crystal Skull set, STACKS of that big Bionicle vehicle. Unfortunately, the ONLY clearance item was Ms. Puff's Driving School for a lousy $30. Everything else was full priced. Gotta keep my eye out--is there a day of the week that WalMart does markdowns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back