LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kmart had the V-19 for only 27.

considering it was normally 54 .... kinda of a deal.

Has about 500 peices... two left. I didn't get it because I've spent my budget. but if it's there the next time.

[quote name='xycury']Kmart had the V-19 for only 27.

considering it was normally 54 .... kinda of a deal.

Has about 500 peices... two left. I didn't get it because I've spent my budget. but if it's there the next time.[/quote]

I've got to check this one out...too bad I've got two kids with the flu now. Seems that whenever I go to Kmart, they only have about 10 sets total, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

I bought the IJ mini-temple for 13.64$. the set is horribly built and doesn't even snap together well. However it's tan and I like tan.

Beats paying 19.99 for it. I paid that, we built it, and then I felt so ripped off. The temple looked so big on the box!!! Those were the early days. Now I know better than that. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I bought the IJ mini-temple for 13.64$. the set is horribly built and doesn't even snap together well. However it's tan and I like tan.[/quote]

I went to all the Walmarts around me, and could not find the clearanced
Republic GS...sigh. I found the Troll Warship, but it was still 60.00...stinks!!

[quote name='180husher']I've got to check this one out...too bad I've got two kids with the flu now. Seems that whenever I go to Kmart, they only have about 10 sets total, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.[/quote]

Kmart scaled back, from 2 four foot sections to just 1, and it's all over the board, they'll have a bunch of $20 sets, but not much else, 2 expensive SW sets...

it's pretty sad.

again, if the v19 is there, I'll grab one.... don't know how I'm going to sneak it past the wife though.

[quote name='xycury']Kmart scaled back, from 2 four foot sections to just 1, and it's all over the board, they'll have a bunch of $20 sets, but not much else, 2 expensive SW sets...

it's pretty sad.

again, if the v19 is there, I'll grab one.... don't know how I'm going to sneak it past the wife though.[/quote]

There is a Kmart 40 miles north of me that wraps all lego sets above $30 in those security wraps that are two black wires that go all the way around the box horizontally and vertically and then come together at a black disk that has a flashing red light. I've only seen places use these on small, expensive electronics. I remember they had a couple of V Torrents so I might have to make a trip.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Beats paying 19.99 for it. I paid that, we built it, and then I felt so ripped off. The temple looked so big on the box!!! Those were the early days. Now I know better than that. :)
[/quote]

The set has 277 pieces for $20, I thought it was a good deal.

My problem with it is the fact it's just a poorly designed, and built, set. LEGO will most likely blame the fact that it had less sales on the fact it didn't have a vehicle in the set and not on the fact the set is just badly built shit.

However I wanted the tan pieces, and I didn't have any dark tan pieces. Plus the minifigures are always good.

[quote name='180husher']There is a Kmart 40 miles north of me that wraps all lego sets above $30 in those security wraps that are two black wires that go all the way around the box horizontally and vertically and then come together at a black disk that has a flashing red light. I've only seen places use these on small, expensive electronics. I remember they had a couple of V Torrents so I might have to make a trip.[/quote]

Security wraps on legos?!? :lol:

That's hilarious. Yeah those should be on electronics, I suppose that tells you something... Lego sets are worth enough to not sit on the self unprotected. Maybe we'll see lego boxes behind glass?

I could just rip the cardboard ans take what I want out of it, those wraps do nothing. :lol:

The only one's I have ever seen them on where huge sets and Mindstorms. I don't know how exactly you would be able to walk out with a huge box without anyone knowing.

Damn, I wish we had a Kmart here. They are also doing some deal with Glamour magazine...spend 50.00, get 25.00 gift card to Kmart back. That would make those Lego deals even better.

"Glamour is calling all smart shoppers. Shop March 10th-April 30th at Kmart.
Spend $50 at Kmart and mail your original receipt to Glamour.
For every $50 you spend, we'll send you a $25 Kmart gift card to use toward your next purchase"*

*While supplies last. Kmart purchases must be make during the promotion period. For every eligible receipt, you will receive a gift card for exclusive use at Kmart stores. Send your qualifying receipts along with your name, address and telephone number to:

GLAMOUR PLATINUM REWARDS
ATTN: PROMOTIONS DEPARTMENT
4 TIMES SQUARE
16TH FLOOR
NY NY 10036

Must be received by 5/13/2009. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of GC.
rep StPATTY3172000.

Legs are for pimps only!
clear.gif

ahhh Lego panic...

Building set 7020 with the awesome torch catapult and I can't get my torches to fly right. it seems that the red balls that are suppose to attach to the grey cross sticks to in too far and thus too short for the "soccor springs" to launch them.

:(

here is a pic of what it's suppose to look like and my soccor springs touch said firing device.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_hGcT2AIJg4k/SJcco9x1wkI/AAAAAAAAA-Q/D5js_lMkRJI/s1600-h/7020-1d.jpg

[quote name='xycury']ahhh Lego panic...

Building set 7020 with the awesome torch catapult and I can't get my torches to fly right. it seems that the red balls that are suppose to attach to the grey cross sticks to in too far and thus too short for the "soccor springs" to launch them.

:(

here is a pic of what it's suppose to look like and my soccor springs touch said firing device.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_hGcT2AIJg4k/SJcco9x1wkI/AAAAAAAAA-Q/D5js_lMkRJI/s1600-h/7020-1d.jpg[/quote]

Maybe they gave you the wrong lengths? Maybe you could order replacement pieces online?

[quote name='180husher']Maybe they gave you the wrong lengths? Maybe you could order replacement pieces online?[/quote]

I am thinking it could be wrong length, I was tempted to hot glue some in there and make those torches permanent...

but I'll rebuild tonight... this set is pretty simple and I can't believe I screwed up somewhere... but I was pretty much zoned out on an Anime-fest tv watching while building.

And once I found a video of one firing, but I can't find it anymore :( it might have been on google video, not youtube.

Thanks for the heads up on the V-19 Torrent at kmart xycury. Picked one up today and they had two left unmarked (hopefully for further markdown!). They also had the SW AT-TE for $47 normally $95 there. Everything else I scanned came back full price.

[quote name='180husher']Thanks for the heads up on the V-19 Torrent at kmart xycury. Picked one up today and they had two left unmarked (hopefully for further markdown!). They also had the SW AT-TE for $47 normally $95 there. Everything else I scanned came back full price.[/QUOTE]

ah great, you got one. I was thinking that's probably one of the best SW sets I've seen.

I always wished Lego would make their own in Space Police, like Adv. SP for adults, something with a better license than SW.

Again, if they still have them, I'll sneak one off without the wife looking. $27 is a great price for that many good pieces, and I'll sell off the minifig

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10192

Space Skulls is now $19.98. Pretty good deal for 956 pieces.

Get your order over $20 and use coupon code bscd29 to get $5 off your order (and it doesn't change the price the Space Skulls, thankfully). If you keep your order to $25 or under, then the shipping charge is $4.95, so you're basically getting free shipping. The Indiana Jones Guard Key Chain is currently on sale for $2.49 (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=852147) and is a good choice for a filler to get you over $20 but under $25.

Yeah it has a lot of useless black arms, but I could really use the white slopes and some of the SNOT thingies.

Couldn't you just use PaB and get over the $20 needed for the code?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Couldn't you just use PaB and get over the $20 needed for the code?[/QUOTE]

Good call. I didn't even think of PaB, that should work perfectly.

[quote name='n64ra']lol, i dont even want that ugly set for $20![/QUOTE]
:lol:

Yeah I managed to get it for technically $20... it was 39.95, bogo free, so I picked up Star Justice and got the space skulls "free". This was like last year @ WDW Lego shop.

This set could have been alot better.

At least the minifigs, all the minifigs....

Just bought it. $19 for 900+ pieces is a must buy. I feel sorry for the designers--this was a fan designed set. The future of fan-created Factory sets looks pretty dark after this.

That said, I feel even sorrier for anyone who shelled out $99 for this set.

Does it come with instructions? Or are they online only like the Hobby Train set?

[quote name='cassidyarch']The future of fan-created Factory sets looks pretty dark after this.[/QUOTE]

Probably true, but Star Justice seemed to be a pretty popular set. I think it has more to do with this particular set. I think the Space Skulls idea was great, but the execution was a little lackluster. Still, definitely worth $20.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Probably true, but Star Justice seemed to be a pretty popular set. I think it has more to do with this particular set. I think the Space Skulls idea was great, but the execution was a little lackluster. Still, definitely worth $20.[/QUOTE]

I can't find it but I think... bigdaddy... let me know if I'm wrong, stated that these Factory sets were created with leftover specified pieces.

The Skull set was better till I think Lego told them to scale it differently.

Honestly the Star Justice IS good, and the only fault for Space Skulls are the tenticles and no base really.

If I didn't have it already or had $20 to waste I would... sadly my funds have all dried up.

[quote name='xycury']I can't find it but I think... bigdaddy... let me know if I'm wrong, stated that these Factory sets were created with leftover specified pieces.[/quote]

They weren't left over, they were what was being made when the sets were designed.

LEGO 5 years ago took 2-3 years to make new sets, now that time is down to 8-18 months. So what happened was the designer designed the set and LEGO raped it to death and then released the garbage we got years later. The guy wanted to use different pieces (and a lot more pieces) but couldn't because the set would cost even more (but how much is LEGO losing now for selling it for 80% off?). Another problem was the pieces he had to work with was limited because LEGO doesn't make every piece all the time. They make one piece in one color one month and then store that piece in the massive warehouse, then make it in another color they need and so on. They only change the molds when they need to in order to save money and time, and space. LEGO didn't want to make pieces just for this one set so the designed had to be changed around a lot. So in a way it is what they had "leftover" in the warehouse.

It's also why I think some of this year's sets are weirdly priced. LEGO most likely had to make new molds for the horse carrier and SUV set. At the very least they most likely made the white pieces for the carriage last summer when gas was really high and those pieces are rather big. If LEGO had to make the pieces for this year's sets last summer then the price goes up. However if the pieces were made before the gas meltdown in bulk they might have missed out on the price for the plastic going up 300%.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They weren't left over, they were what was being made when the sets were designed.

LEGO 5 years ago took 2-3 years to make new sets, now that time is down to 8-18 months. So what happened was the designer designed the set and LEGO raped it to death and then released the garbage we got years later. The guy wanted to use different pieces (and a lot more pieces) but couldn't because the set would cost even more (but how much is LEGO losing now for selling it for 80% off?). Another problem was the pieces he had to work with was limited because LEGO doesn't make every piece all the time. They make one piece in one color one month and then store that piece in the massive warehouse, then make it in another color they need and so on. They only change the molds when they need to in order to save money and time, and space. LEGO didn't want to make pieces just for this one set so the designed had to be changed around a lot. So in a way it is what they had "leftover" in the warehouse.

It's also why I think some of this year's sets are weirdly priced. LEGO most likely had to make new molds for the horse carrier and SUV set. At the very least they most likely made the white pieces for the carriage last summer when gas was really high and those pieces are rather big. If LEGO had to make the pieces for this year's sets last summer then the price goes up. However if the pieces were made before the gas meltdown in bulk they might have missed out on the price for the plastic going up 300%.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Nice explanation.

I think I explain that ever 3 months. :lol:

Didn't a post videos of how the LEGOs are made? The horse trailer and SUV is just a guess because that set is $23 and has those white pieces which haven't been used in 15 years. Then there is the camper which has an awesome bike and surf board and only has 10 less pieces for $16 or $17. Bikes are really expensive to make so all I can guess is that the white horse trailer must be costing like $10-$13. However it doesn't explain why the sports car that comes out in the summer is $10 for 65 pieces instead of $6-$8. My theory on that is the tree that comes with it costs a lot.

I have way too much free tiem on my hands. :lol:

I wish they'd bring back transparent versions of that horse trailer corner piece. I see that "Paradisa" window on a lot of cool MOCs.

I meant to pick that set up with my TRU RE5 gift card last week. Put it toward the new LEGO RC Racer set instead. Not a bad little car.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Looks like somebody ripped the Space Skulls deal from here and put it on SD: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1253773

They've even got the coupon code plus bigdaddy's suggestion to use PaB as a filler.

I like SD and all, but the SD effect bothers me. I don't want to see this thing go OOS before the real Lego fans get a chance to purchase one.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Lego notified all affiliated sites, including my wife's this morning, about promoting this at around 10:32.

SD would be one of them affiliates.

I wonder how many sets they have, getting down to $20 is like a fire sale.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think the Space Skulls idea was great, but the execution was a little lackluster. Still, definitely worth $20.[/quote]

Space Skulls is not a good idea to start with. :) I don't see how any design could have come out good even non-LEGO.

It's a real shame for a terrible fan designed set to be produced. Why did they pick that? There are so many good amateur designers out there. I hope they learn that they made a bad choice and not the fact that it was fan made.

For $20, I bought one just for pieces. I don't have any plans in mind.
That'd be funny to see an eBay listing that just says "1000 new LEGO pieces" and have it sell for $30-$35 each; 50 available.

FYI: Mini Star Wars V-19 Torrent and General Grievous Ship sets are available at Target in the Easter section (not LEGO section) for $4 each. Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread before.

I love the V-19 Torrent ship even though I haven't watched Clone Wars. I bought 3 of them after building one. It reminds me of the Imperial Shuttle.

Meh... I just ordered a space skulls for the pieces... and instead of pick a brick I got a public works guy since it was like a buck off too.

Anyone know if the Space Skull sets in the brick and mortar Lego Stores are matching this drop? I'll probably check tomorrow, just cuz I want my stamps ;-)

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone know if the Space Skull sets in the brick and mortar Lego Stores are matching this drop? I'll probably check tomorrow, just cuz I want my stamps ;-)[/QUOTE]

From my experience, the price drop seen on the Lego site also reflects the price drop in store. So basically it should be $19.99 as well.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone know if the Space Skull sets in the brick and mortar Lego Stores are matching this drop? I'll probably check tomorrow, just cuz I want my stamps ;-)[/quote]

They should be adjusting the prices in store by now. I brought my set back today and got it price adjusted and the manager had to do it manually as they hadn't entered in the new prices in the system yet. He had the kids working there pulling all the sets to resticker them.

Noticed a few sets in the store for 50% off that aren't listed on the site...

IJ Race for the Stolen Treasure = $15
Agents Submarine set = $25
Custom Car Garage = $35

Maybe some others I missed...I tried to get out of there without buying anything but I saw a stack of the SW Twilights and got one. So I went to the Lego store to get back $15 and ended up spending $35.

Toys 'R Us is offering a free 221 piece Lego Tub ($16.99 value @ TRU, $14.99 value @ LS@H) with any Lego purchase of $30 or more.

Anyone know of sets that might be on clearance at TRU now? I've seen a few Exo-Force slightly clearanced recently, but not much else. This could be a pretty decent deal if a good clearance Lego set can be found and then get the bonus tub free on top of that.

I can't remember the a MA LEGO Store had a set 50%. I think it was 2003-2004 before the Store Closed. :lol:

I really hate LEGO with those buckets. a few years ago you could get 1000 pieces for $20. At one time they even had random pieces on top so you could get 1512 pieces for $20.

Now in order to get 10000 pieces you would need to spend like $80 on buckets. It's really sad.

Yeah, checked out the TRU tub this afternoon ... can't say it's worth it unless you're extremely desperate for a collection of very standard and randomly colored LEGO pieces. Not to mention the bloated TRU prices, which tend to negate a good $5 to $10 worth of savings to begin with. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of the newer LEGO sets start showing up near the end of this month or early April ... I've gotten bored seeing the same old sets for the past 4 or 5 months.

It's March. :lol:

The new sets have been out less than three months. What do you want to see Space Police? Those won't come out for4+ months.

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah, checked out the TRU tub this afternoon ... can't say it's worth it unless you're extremely desperate for a collection of very standard and randomly colored LEGO pieces. Not to mention the bloated TRU prices, which tend to negate a good $5 to $10 worth of savings to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I was hoping to find a decent clearance set to pair with this deal. The other alternative is to find a good Limited Edition TRU exclusive, since it won't be an inflated price due to the fact that other retailers won't even carry it.

I'll check out TRU tomorrow and see if I have any luck.

I think the new sets (ahem*pirates* *power miners* ahem) kind of suck unfortunately (powerminers in general and pirates because they're beginner builds), so for me personally it won't feel like anything new comes out until the Space Police and new Indiana Jones sets are released. Heck, even the Emerald Twilight or whatever it's called will be enough to satisfy my new Lego urge. I'm on the fence about the exclusive IJ plane set that came out late last year (Peril in Peru?), anyone have any thoughts on whether that's worth picking up? Speaking of TRU exclusives, any other must have sets lately? It always seems like the LEGO stores gets TRUs exclusives a few months later for less, but I could be wrong on that being the case all of the time.

LEGO Stores will get all the sets that any other store sells. The reason why the LEGO STores are cheaper with the special set than TRU is simply because TRU rips your off any chance they can. :)

Girlfriend and I built the Medieval Market yesterday... Kind of a pain in the ass... LEGO got lazy and didn't number the bags or anything, so it was a giant brick search fest. I also don't like how there are so many pieces that stand alone and don't connect to anything.

Other than that, pretty wicked set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back