LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might come in early, you never know. I bought some tomatoes in late March this year because they had one shipment come in really early, and most likely die. Tomatoes outside in March isn't good in New England. But the new LEGO company is really bad, terribly bad, so I wouldn't count on it.

And I was trying to find the list of ALL the 2009 sets and not just the January ones, but I guess i forgot to save it, and LEGO had them removed on all the sites, all I can remember is City sets rocked and one was a bus.

And the two small Star Wars sets will be $10, those are the battle packs and they are only 14 Euros, they still should be $10 come January, but at the most they will be is $13. Like I said Europe Star Wars fans get really screwed because 14 Euro is $18.25ish.

And what's the rush with getting sets so early? I still haven't bought many of the 2008 sets I want. I REALLY want the Farm Tractor, I wanted a LEGO set like that for years, and the horse carrier, but i can wait until 2009 for the 2009 sets. :D

More so because the LEGO Store i go to is now in the Natick Mall, NEVER go to that mall, it's a zoo and a maze on a regular weeknight, never mind holiday times. Before they expanded it I had to park across the street because there was a mile line of traffic trying to get into the parking lot. Solomond pond or whatever closed, and that was a great one, no one was there, nice people working (same people work at the Natick one) and lots of sale ideas because no one was ever there. :)

The Pirates are what I'm excited for next year.

Also it looks like the Coast Guard base (rig with helicopter pad) is now on sale... for $50 its a steal.

I'm going to be buying the Troll ship for my g/f for christmas, we both think it's pretty awesome, and there is a shop in town that has it for the normal $80 but there is a 20% off coupon for anything in the store, so $68 after tax. A pretty good price for that. I might see what other large sets they have... hope more coupons come :D

I think the Troll Ship is awesome, however I think it shouldn't be more than $60 normally. It only has about 450 pieces.

I think the Troll Ship is way overpriced especially since last year's Skeleton Ship Attack was cheaper and had more pieces. That being said, I still want the Troll Warship.

[quote name='n64ra']I think the Troll Ship is way overpriced especially since last year's Skeleton Ship Attack was cheaper and had more pieces. That being said, I still want the Troll Warship.[/quote]

I agree with this also... I would like it, but it's hard to justify the cost. :cry:

[quote name='n64ra']I think the Troll Ship is way overpriced especially since last year's Skeleton Ship Attack was cheaper and had more pieces. That being said, I still want the Troll Warship.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Troll Warship from bn.com back in August for 30% off.

It definitely is light on pieces (especially compared to the Avatar Fire Nation Ship from a few years ago) and it's a very short build.

On the plus side, mine came with three giant trolls!

[quote name='yakkotank']

On the plus side, mine came with three giant trolls![/quote]

Aesome, I wonder how that made it through considering LEGO weighs the boxes to make sure they are correct.

Know of any deals or stores that sells this chess set?
852293-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

852293-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

[quote name='Plac1d']Know of any deals or stores that sells this chess set?[/quote]

I don't know if it's worth it, but finding it on clearence would be total :drool:

I don't think I've ever seen it in stores, I doubt it will be though.. for how pricey it is.

It's a LEGO Store Exclusive, so it will hardly ever be on sale, and if it is it will still be $150+.

Target had a Racer set that has a helicopter and some police chase for $9 instead of $13. I was thinknig about buying it, but it wasn't that nice. There was another clearance set, but that was sold out and I don't know what it was.

http://creative.lego.com/en-us/Products/Themed/6187.aspx reg 20 sale ???
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=5522&cn=348&d=70 reg 40 sale 29

Farm and Fleet opened up their Toy Land.

They had the above sets on sale till 12/24/08

I can't remember what the general Construction Set was for sale but it probably wasn't 33% off like the other set was.

They only had 1 left... and the MIL needs it for the grandkid, my nephew... :(

I'm going to see what that other one is... still...

700 = 30

That other set only has 300 so it should have been priced at 15 for the sale to make me move on it.

On Black Friday the LEGO Stores will give you a card for either 10%, 20%, or 50%, it's a scratch ticket thing. I rather they have double stamps like they did in the past.

[quote name='lordwow']

Also it looks like the Coast Guard base (rig with helicopter pad) is now on sale... for $50 its a steal.[/quote]

Hey, can you post a link of where I can find this...

I haven't really done anything with Legos in a long time, and just found this thread. This post caught my eye because my brother-in-law was in the Coast Guard and is a Tug Operator now and collects anything that has to do with the two. I am thinking of getting him this for Christmas.

Thanks

If you go in store the October flyer/calender has a coupon for double stamps for the whole month of October. Hopefully they won't have the November calander out yet.

[quote name='180husher']If you go in store the October flyer/calender has a coupon for double stamps for the whole month of October. Hopefully they won't have the November calander out yet.[/quote]

Now you tell me, no help at all. :p

I only need 2-3 more stamps to get $20 gift card, I was waiting for double stamps. Now it's too late because I'm not going this week, and for some reason the Natick Store puts out the next months calendar about a week after the new month begins.

Plus that would make that mega chess set only $170 after the gift cards.

The Coast Guard sets are all around superb. My favorite is definitely the Helicopter, but I don't have the Platform yet (on the Xmas list). The only set I'm kinda meh about is the Patrol Boat and Tower.

OK, I got some TRU ads in the mail. These sets are on sale until Nov 22....

$35 - Troll Battle Wagon
$16 - Troll Assult Wagon
$25 - Creator Beach (Yellow) House
$45 - Cargo Plane
$60 - MM MT-201 Ultra Drill Walker
$45 - MM MT-61 Crystal Reaper
$60 - LEGO Agents Volcano Base
$21 - LEGO Agents Gold Hunt
$70 - LEGO Agents Mobile Command Center
$36 - CG Helicopter and Raft
$51 - CG Patrol Boat and Tower

Also has a $10 off $75 Coupon

I agree with the Boat and Tower, neither have a lot going for it. The Boat seems big and empty and the tower is small. However the CG rig I feel the same way, not too much to it besides a small tower and a small helicopter. I was thinking about getting the Tower and Boat with two other $50-$60 sets, but decided not too, when it was B2G1 free.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA

Shit....

Let me reword that. I got some ads in the mail for TRU, those are the sale prices for the sets until November 22nd. I did NOT buy any LEGO recently, but will be getting the CG Helicopter on Thursday (my birthday).

And that set for $4 is great, I bought it for the normal price, I'm a huge fan of the skellie bad guys. Sadly LEGO seems to have moved past that. Next year's sets seem to only include the orcs(?), the sand green guys.

[quote name='bigdaddy']HAHA

Shit....

Let me reword that. I got some ads in the mail for TRU, those are the sale prices for the sets until November 22nd. I did NOT buy any LEGO recently, but will be getting the CG Helicopter on Thursday (my birthday).

And that set for $4 is great, I bought it for the normal price, I'm a huge fan of the skellie bad guys. Sadly LEGO seems to have moved past that. Next year's sets seem to only include the orcs(?), the sand green guys.[/quote]

haha, good one, I just got the ad today. I was thinking of picking up a few, the one for 15 is a good price, too bad TRU probably won't have it, and it's at least 70 miles away... :cry:

I haven't picked up any orcs yet besides the lone 3.50 figure, but he's good.

I'm more interested in like 5-20 than anything >30, seems like pirates was nice at having a bunch of low cost sets, and now that they're coming back, it seems like they are only getting a few, and have a bunch of port style sets that'll be priced at least 30 and up.

I would like it if they did this...

3x $5 sets
2x $10 sets
2x $15 sets
1x $20 and up, $30, $40, $50.

I'm almost thinking, seeing past sets that anything over 50 is not worth it.

the above model was kinda done with the Creator series, with all their 3 in 1 and bigger 3 in 1 sets.

I wish they would make more battle packs for each of their theme collections for sub $10 pricetag. And with the shipping, it breaks the deal for me. Have you ever seen either two of these Castle minifig packs in any store?

I too wish LEGO would make some more sub $20 sets, they should realize kids don't buy the bigger ones except on sale.

Have a $5-$6 set, a $10 set, a $15 set, a $20, $30, $50 then $70 for a base. They used to have $5, $10, $20, $30, $50 frame for sets, but recently they seem to make things any price and worry about it later.

I love the new Pirates, but there is only one boat! The old series had a $30 boat and a $50 boat. They really need another $30-$50 boat, you can't have Pirates with only one boat, and no "good guy" boat.

And the only place now to get Batman key chains is a LEGO Store.

Haha, that skeleton figure set is great. I've never seen it in a store but the closest TRU is like 30 miles away so I don't get up there much.

[quote name='Plac1d']I wish they would make more battle packs for each of their theme collections for sub $10 pricetag. And with the shipping, it breaks the deal for me. Have you ever seen either two of these Castle minifig packs in any store?[/quote]

I haven't seen one at all ... :cry:

WM, Target, Kmart, Tru... nada...

I'll be stopping in at Lego Disney store in about over a week. they should have them there... I'll be buying them both.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I too wish LEGO would make some more sub $20 sets, they should realize kids don't buy the bigger ones except on sale.

Have a $5-$6 set, a $10 set, a $15 set, a $20, $30, $50 then $70 for a base. They used to have $5, $10, $20, $30, $50 frame for sets, but recently they seem to make things any price and worry about it later.

I love the new Pirates, but there is only one boat! The old series had a $30 boat and a $50 boat. They really need another $30-$50 boat, you can't have Pirates with only one boat, and no "good guy" boat.

And the only place now to get Batman key chains is a LEGO Store.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That's probably why I like the Coast Guard sets so much, nothing is more than $60. I can't afford to spend $80-$100 on most sets.

For that crazy price you might as well get the big Millenium Falcon.

I warned my fiancee that if the big one ever drops to ~300, I'm buying it. I'll eat ramen and macaroni for a few months if I must but that thing still blows my mind everytime I see pictures of it.

[quote name='Halo05']For that crazy price you might as well get the big Millenium Falcon.

I warned my fiancee that if the big one ever drops to ~300, I'm buying it. I'll eat ramen and macaroni for a few months if I must but that thing still blows my mind everytime I see pictures of it.[/quote]

Have you ever seen it in person? I saw it at a LEGO Store and it's HUGE! Truly unbelievable.

I still don't think a pile of LEGOs are worth $500, but it's very nice too look at in store. :)

Just got back from Target and I saw a set I've never seen there before...a Star Destoyer like #6211. I'm not sure if it's the same set number but it looked identical and was $99.99. I can't wait til after Xmas to hopefully get some of these sets on clearance.

I am very close to ordering either the big Millenium Falcon set or the Death Star 2 set. I've got several of the older "collector series" sets like the Star Destroyer, X-Wing, Tie Interceptor, Yoda and Darth Maul but its been a few years since I bought a new set.

Any idea of what the next collector series set is going to be?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Not a deal but a bunch of clear pictures of the January sets have been released...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=349246

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?year=2009

http://www.brothers-brick.com/[/quote]

Darn wonderful sets!

I think I'll snatch most of the pirates set, thank god for impulse sets...

Creator is back in full force! awesome, and two new small 3 in 1 sets.

I think most of the Rock Raiders sets look to be >30.....

but watch Lego pull a Squeenix and charge way more than they should.

They just don't appear to have that many pieces and the minfigs are cool, but that's it..

Kinda just disappointed. I'll probably grab the 5 and 10 sets... though.

Indy is going...

SW is going... (I wish there were just regular SW sets without minifigs)

I wish exoforce would get into another year.

Bionicle is just a glorified technic action figure.

Farm and construction is nice, but I don't think I'll venture into that theme.

I didn't see any new Castle or Orc pictures....

[quote name='xycury']Darn wonderful sets!
I didn't see any new Castle or Orc pictures....[/quote]

There is a list of all the 2009 sets, which I forgot to save, that was floating around the internet. It seems that the Castle sets will come out in the summer, and that there will only be three main sets, then the special $100 set, and maybe some Impulse. However at Eurobricks they have pictures of an Orc Queen that is really cool.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There is a list of all the 2009 sets, which I forgot to save, that was floating around the internet. It seems that the Castle sets will come out in the summer, and that there will only be three main sets, then the special $100 set, and maybe some Impulse. However at Eurobricks they have pictures of an Orc Queen that is really cool.[/quote]

Summer huh, well that'll save some money waiting for it. Special set is a castle right? and I heard about the orc queen, may need to grab that.

[quote name='lordwow']As long as they end this Mars Mission crap I'll be happy. They really need another "classic" space set.[/quote]

indeed, they need another space series that isn't Mars. I liked the set but it was just not the best, but I fear that Rock Raiders kinda replaced them.

I wouldn't mind if they parted out Star Patrol and gave that set justice to actually make in sets, instead of just being in a $70 mess of Factory.

I think Mars Mission is done and is being replaced by Power Miners!

MM the Earthlings want the crystals that give the aliens life or something, it has to do with crystals to power things. It looks like the miners are going after the crystals to power things with. However Power Miners can't last that long, there is only so much you can do and the sets are lime green, and only lime green, which kids might get bored with.

Someone on Eurobricks posted this, I hope it's a joke because it's so stupid, but this is why I'm not a member there...

These Pirate sets look great, but they seem to be a bit "childish". It seems as if lego has become more targeted towards chiledren with their "happy skull and crossbones" sails, weird mini pirate 2x2 flags, and the "childish" skull on the island set. But aside from this aspect I am very excited for these sets; but im pretty sure my wallet isn't! -pat

Yeah, it is a kids toy! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Visited a Target about an hour away and they had the big castle set on clearance down 30% from $100 to $70. Seems this set just gets randomly clearanced as I saw it clearanced this summer but only at one store out of about fifteen that I stopped to check. This may become national though as they need the space on the shelves for the Star Wars set #6211 which I've now seen at three stores. Same big boxes.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
Yeah, it is a kids toy! :lol:[/quote]

just the flags? seriously? gah... thank goodness they don't require registration, because I probably would have went off on him...

[quote name='180husher']Visited a Target about an hour away and they had the big castle set on clearance down 30% from $100 to $70. Seems this set just gets randomly clearanced as I saw it clearanced this summer but only at one store out of about fifteen that I stopped to check. This may become national though as they need the space on the shelves for the Star Wars set #6211 which I've now seen at three stores. Same big boxes.[/quote]

Target has clearence, and then it's gone, I don't know if that's the same with Walmart... they try to get them sold.. Kmart will hold onto them forever just to sell inventory. Bought a $30 set marked to 90% off... nicest 3.50 I ever spent!

[quote name='bigdaddy']However the Racers do suck [/quote]

Much like my opinions on Bionicle.... Racers = Lego Hot wheels... SUCK.

There has been two clearance sets at a Walmart near me for about. One is the $20 Robin sub set for the low low price of $20.97! :lol:

The other set is the $50 SB set, it has Ms. Puff in the driving school. I have been waiting for it to be reduced more, but it still hasn't! It's been $30 since March-April, and they have 5-6 of them.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There has been two clearance sets at a Walmart near me for about. One is the $20 Robin sub set for the low low price of $20.97! :lol:

The other set is the $50 SB set, it has Ms. Puff in the driving school. I have been waiting for it to be reduced more, but it still hasn't! It's been $30 since March-April, and they have 5-6 of them.[/quote]

Yeah I've seen WM do that too... just reduce it once, and that's it.

They had a bunch of SB ones also, and I couldn't watch them every day so I had to say either alot of people ended up buying them, or walmart somehow got lego to rebuy them back or something.

I'm having more luck with Kmart dropping further if it's not selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back