LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='voidedx']I read the last three pages of this thread and didn't see any mention of the LEGO Fall Impulse sets at Target. Target has two little bagged Miners sets for $2.99 each. One is a green rock/lava monster with crystal and simple catapult. The other is a simple wheeled vehicle with an orange spike drill and minifig in blue overalls. I don't even like Miners sets, but for $2.99 each, I picked up two of each. These sets are found next to the halloween candy/toys and not in the LEGO section.

The last impulse sets I found where last Winter (Star Wars microships). Were their any Spring impulse sets that I missed? I checked the Easter section several times and never saw any.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned those PM sets...

they actually had some Fire and police sets I think.... for easter... can't remember... but Target is really the only BM that I know that would carry those impulse sets.

I found this 5 off 25.... might be handy to someone going to TRU.

http://link.toysrus.com/r/NIX41P/ED02J/Z75LS0/JSGW87/JU3ER/MJ/h

It's good today and tomorrow... maybe stack with the 30%, err I mean 10% off Legos ??? if they have ANY in stock still.

need to be a reward member though.

They also aren't really Impulse sets, they seemed to be left over promo sets from some Japanese candy company.

All I have to say is if we can save 50 cents on Impulse sets than let's get rid of the little boxes and replace them with the baggies. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']They also aren't really Impulse sets, they seemed to be left over promo sets from some Japanese candy company.

All I have to say is if we can save 50 cents on Impulse sets than let's get rid of the little boxes and replace them with the baggies. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

And if we can stop TRU from actually carrying those impluse sets and trying to get $6 for those... then lets do that too.

Yeah i was wondering if there was any tiny set I could buy for 15% off and get the free stupid Duplo brick, there wasn't. I want to run a store where I will mark everything up 30% and then have a 15% off sale!

[quote name='zephie']Borders coupons are tracked with your rewards card. If you use it once, you can't use it again. Also, no need to post the coupon: anyone that has a rewards card should also have gotten that same email.

Edit: Conceivably, you should be able use a coupon multiple times if you use someone else's rewards card.[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all.

I've used 40% Borders coupons almost every time 3-4 times in one weekend. There is NOTHING that says you can't use those coupons more than once. You're just limited to using one per purchase.

TRU ad for the week:

Buy any set(s) over $30, get Free exclusive(?) City Farm Tractor, a $14.99 value.

Tractor in the picture looks like the one we got 6 months ago.

Also says quantity limited, no rainchecks...so I bet they didn't get any additional sets to prepare for this sale.

[quote name='180husher']Picked up the Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary at Border's today for $13 and some change. Nice book, nice pictures.

Also if you pre-order Lego Rockband at Best Buy you get a "rocker" minifig keychain in the pre-order box. There is a way to get this free. First you have to get the pre-order box for Uncharted 2 for the PS3...you must have this as this is what makes everything come out to be free. Then pick up a pre-order box for Lego Rockband (this will also work for any other pre-order). When the cashier rings up both preorders the register will prompt them to allow a discount and when they press ok the total will come out to $0.00 for everything. Keep your pre-order box as it has the minifig keychain in it. It's been reported that this deal will end Saturday (10/10/09), so that is your last day to get it. I've done it at two stores with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Went to BB today, got both preorders and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

[quote name='180husher']TRU ad for the week:

Buy any set(s) over $30, get Free exclusive(?) City Farm Tractor, a $14.99 value.

Tractor in the picture looks like the one we got 6 months ago.

Also says quantity limited, no rainchecks...so I bet they didn't get any additional sets to prepare for this sale.[/QUOTE]

Eww, so there's no actual SALE this week...? What good is a City Farm Tractor for people who don't collect the City sets...? :roll:

Does anyone know where I could find a Lego Mindstorm set for a discount? I prefer the older sets, but a newer one would be cool too.

[quote name='MaxGoof']Eww, so there's no actual SALE this week...? What good is a City Farm Tractor for people who don't collect the City sets...? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Then start collecting the awesome City sets. :roll:

:lol:

Let me guess you are a Star Wars fan? :p

Well I used (2) 5 off 25 with the wife.

got the Creator Steggy for $38ish and picked up the Pirate ship for $72 (ouch), but I figure it'll be the only ship I will have besides the fugly Troll warships.... and the Skeleton ship I pieced together...

Online it said it didn't have any ships, but when I went there... at least 4.

Also they ran out of the duplo bricks :/

I think that's it for me till Jan '10. Unless Kmart has some more clearence.

OH, WM had the City Pizza Bus and scooter/surf shop marked at 59.89 but with a RED tag. I am thinking they are going to clearence it out, but don't know when. I'll scan one on Monday, maybe they forgot to change the tag, but they were stacked with other clearence toys in this 'island' of crap out by the toy isles.

I'm hoping for $35, because some more good pieces in there, but I bet only goes to $45. Still might pick at least one up, before they disappear.

I was at one of my local Lego Stores@Ontario Mills Today and they were having a little promo for the Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary. I managed to walk out with 2 Chrome Darth Vaders!!!! I'm glad I waited on not bought them on Ebay.

I don't know if there going to do this at any of your local Lego Stores but they had this going on today between 2pm-4pm. I didn't know about it until I walked in there today but they had an R2-D2, C3P0, Yoda (just props) about 4 Storm Troopers and a wannabe Princess Leah all dressed up.

[quote name='xycury']
OH, WM had the City Pizza Bus and scooter/surf shop marked at 59.89 but with a RED tag. I am thinking they are going to clearence it out, but don't know when. I'll scan one on Monday, maybe they forgot to change the tag, but they were stacked with other clearence toys in this 'island' of crap out by the toy isles.
[/QUOTE]

The sticker might mean nothing. I have seen WMs that have a set on clearance for actually more than the regular price, and for 3-4 months they never lowered them!

[quote name='180husher']Cool video.

I forgot to mention that when I was in Borders I saw they had the Advent Calendars in stock...good deal with one of those 40% off coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up one of those for $18 at the Cambridgeside borders yesterday. I can't believe they don't restrict it to books, but I was pretty happy. They also had thesmall city car and a couple of bionicle sets.

Also thanks for the heads up on the best buy trick. I think the cashier got confused when she saw the price change after the "coupon" but it went through.

[quote name='180husher']Cool video.

I forgot to mention that when I was in Borders I saw they had the Advent Calendars in stock...good deal with one of those 40% off coupons.[/QUOTE]

I always thought it was only good for books, too bad the City Advent calendars suck and we never get the better Castle / Pirates one.

[quote name='MaxGoof']That's not true at all.

I've used 40% Borders coupons almost every time 3-4 times in one weekend. There is NOTHING that says you can't use those coupons more than once. You're just limited to using one per purchase.[/QUOTE]

What's with the hostility? I suppose you just have nicer cashiers than I do. They let us use them once at the borders stores I go to, and you do need your card to use it. Also, the coupons do explicitly say: "Single-use coupon. One coupon per customer during the valid period." I certainly wouldn't mind if there was a way around this, but I guess it's ymmv.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I always thought it was only good for books, too bad the City Advent calendars suck and we never get the better Castle / Pirates one.[/QUOTE]

Some of their coupons are specifically for books while others can be used for just about anything in the store. I love Borders!

Hadn't been to my local Meijer in a while, and was suprised to discover most of the new $60 sets are only $50...and these were regular prices , not sale prices. This includes Creator Family Home, Creator Fire Truck, and City Corner. Squidman's Escape was only $4.99 as well. As for sale prices, they had the new City Garage and the Power Miners Titanium rig for $84.99.

I wish I had known this sooner, as I bought Family Home at TRU for retail as none of the other stores near me were stocking it. Also, hopefully they keep this up, as I don't know of many stores that stock Legos regularly at below retail price.

[quote name='elsnerma']
I wish I had known this sooner, as I bought Family Home at TRU for retail as none of the other stores near me were stocking it. Also, hopefully they keep this up, as I don't know of many stores that stock Legos regularly at below retail price.[/QUOTE]
Known what sooner? Home One is only available at TRU or from LEGO. No other stores are going to get it.

I was at target yesterday to pick up a few of the $2.99 Power Miner set with the Minifig found in the seasonal section and I noticed when I browsed the LEGO aisle that the Clone Walker battle pack went back down to $9.99. I hope the new battle packs coming out stay at the same price. Shame on retailers and LEGO to raise the price to begin with...

LEGO only raised the price to $11 recently, most stores have had them for $11-$13 for awhile. It's real stupid, they should have just kept the set at $10, and if needed to raised the price for next year's battle pack (which I actually want).

I just hope the Toy Story battle pack stays $10.

[quote name='bigdaddy']LEGO only raised the price to $11 recently, most stores have had them for $11-$13 for awhile. It's real stupid, they should have just kept the set at $10, and if needed to raised the price for next year's battle pack (which I actually want).

I just hope the Toy Story battle pack stays $10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they shifted prices on alot of sets midyear. I noticed sets higher at Kmart and WM recently.

F&F will open Toyland, and they had legos.. hope they clearence them out like last time. I got their.... 25th anniversary set with chrome blocks for only $25, but had 'sold' it to my MIL for the nephews.. damn.

Anyways, there is a Pamida that had impulse sets for cheap, retail pricing, so I might bop over there to check them out too.

there just isn't alot of options around me... everywhere is at least an hour away :( And that's only if I want to get to a 'real' store and our 'real' stores suck. I still don't have any Meijers or Lego Stores.

That Toy Story battle pack... is that the Army men you are thinking? Or is it just an assortment of regular cast memebers?

The Army Men set is being called the "battle pack".

K-Mart and Walmart increased their prices months before LEGO did, and much more than LEGO did.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Known what sooner? Home One is only available at TRU or from LEGO. No other stores are going to get it.
[/QUOTE]

Family Home. The tan house with the red roof. Home One is something else entirely.

[quote name='xycury']

F&F will open Toyland, and they had legos.. hope they clearence them out like last time. I got their.... 25th anniversary set with chrome blocks for only $25, but had 'sold' it to my MIL for the nephews.. damn.

[/QUOTE]
I assume F&F's Toyland clearance is generally post Chrstmas, is that correct?

[quote name='TWolf10']I assume F&F's Toyland clearance is generally post Chrstmas, is that correct?[/QUOTE]

No.

When I bought that set, it was only Dec 17th. It was used for xmas day presents.

Here's what they have in the catalog so far... some good deals.

Gold Heist 5971 19.99 -> 14.99
Helicopter Transporter 7686 39.99 -> 29.99
LEGO Basic Bricks Deluxe 6177 29.99 -> 24.99
Zip-Bin Lego City : Nice playmat for Lego that fold up to a cube with handle 9.99

I might pick up a 2nd Space set... and definately the Basic Bricks to bump up my numbers.

I don't know about the Transport... alot of orange... just not enough ... there is a motorcycle though...

Newly clearanced Legos at Target:

#7682 Shangai Chase was $29.99 / now $25.48 (204-00-0006)

#3834 Good Neighbors at Bikini Bottom was $39.99 / now $33.98 (204-00-0148)

#7037 Tower Raid was $29.99 / now $25.48 (204-00-0811)

Looks like Legos aren't going to use the 30%-50%-75% off schedule like the rest of the toys...this is the second clearance where they have used the 15% -30%-50% off schedule. Confirmed the same clearance pricing at 4 different Targets.

Also used a 30% off anything coupon at Border's and picked up a couple of Advent Calendars for the kids. I've only seen these at the Lego store and they won't go on sale there.

[quote name='180husher']

#7037 Tower Raid was $29.99 / now $25.48 (204-00-0811)

Looks like Legos aren't going to use the 30%-50%-75% off schedule like the rest of the toys...this is the second clearance where they have used the 15% -30%-50% off schedule. Confirmed the same clearance pricing at 4 different Targets.

Also used a 30% off anything coupon at Border's and picked up a couple of Advent Calendars for the kids. I've only seen these at the Lego store and they won't go on sale there.[/QUOTE]

Wanted to pick up a Tower Raid but my Target didn't have it. They did have the Advent Calender, though, so I got that since I don't have a border's around and didn't really want to mailorder one and pay shipping.

[quote name='MaxGoof']Do we know what next week's TRU sale is going to be yet?[/QUOTE]

Are you ready for it???????????????

FREE Bionicle Encyclopedia ( a $19.99 value!) with any Lego purchase over $35.

Unless you really love Spongebob too in which case you get a free Spongebob $10 gift card with any Spongebob toy purchase over $40 (including SB Lego sets).

And finally, Oct. 24 from 12pm to 2pm, join us for Bricktober 500.
Build, decorate, and race your own lego car. Free Lego Driver's License!

Doesn't say you get to keep the car though.

Guess my $10 off $75 purchase coupon will expire unused.

bioncle encyclopedia... barf. I guess there is a 15% off coupon for all bioncle this week too Still won't make me buy any.

one could use the 5 off 25, spend 40 of spongboob sets and then get the 10 off gc. Spend 35 plus tax.

We stopped last night to get our free tractors, unreal it is 15, used the 5 off 25 they repeated for this week, sent to reward members.

Are they emaling those rewards $5 ? or mailing them? Mine says on the 14th, and haven't seen jack. But I'm super close to another $5 too.

They mailed mine stuck in with a bunch of other coupons...you have to look carefully as I skimmed over the coupons and almost threw the reward away. Only had 6 days to use it so I ended up buying Xbox Live points with it as I couldn't find anything else worthwhile to use it on Lego-wise.

Are you getting reward coupons emailed to you? I've never seen a $5 off of $25 coupon in the mail or email.

The Santa is probably the half assed China version and not a real version.

You are better off going to Border's and getting the Advent Calendar for $20ish.

[quote name='180husher']They mailed mine stuck in with a bunch of other coupons...you have to look carefully as I skimmed over the coupons and almost threw the reward away. Only had 6 days to use it so I ended up buying Xbox Live points with it as I couldn't find anything else worthwhile to use it on Lego-wise.

Are you getting reward coupons emailed to you? I've never seen a $5 off of $25 coupon in the mail or email.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to watch for that in the mail.

This has been the 2nd time I got this kind of email. One for last weekend, and now this past weekend.

3 days only Fri-Sun coupon 5 off 25

http://view.ed4.net/v/TRQI8B/MTBT1/721YUY0/YZM19O/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H

see if that works.

that's the same I get as an email. Coming from : Rewards R Us [[email protected]]

[quote name='180husher']I don't think I gave them my email address...still not sure I want the extra junk mail.

Thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]

well if they start giving away coupons, I think I can handle an email every now and then.

[quote name='etcrane']Considering the Chrome Stormtrooper was $9.99, I'm not going to complain too much. Not to mention it's still currently the cheapest way to get a Santa minifigure. Just have to accept the cost of LEGOs has gone up this year.[/QUOTE]
Cheapest way to get parts for to make a Santa minifig is shopping at bricklink.com. I saw these at LEGOLAND when I was there this past September. I was tempted to get one, but for the price and the parts it's not really worth it. You can pretty much make it with LEGOs you already have lying around.

I just got back from my local LEGO store and I was going to sign up for the VIP card, but the employees said the company that is running it for LEGO is currently having some issues. They didn't tell me exactly what, but for whatever convenience it is causing they're putting extra stamps on the current loyalty card. I purchased about $75 worth of LEGOs yesterday, which gave me 3 stamps and the employee gave me an additional 4 more. They also said the system should be up and running next week. Not sure if all the stores are doing this, but it's cool that mine is!

I also picked up the calendar for November. Black Friday will have the usual sratch tickets for a percentage off. Looks like they're also doing the pick-a-brick box for every $75+ purchase in November and December.

Amazon had SW Battle of Endor on sale for $81.98 with free shipping earlier this week and I didn't get taxed. The weird thing is I went back online the next day and the price jumped up to $89.99. Must have been a glitch or something, but my online credit card statement shows only a $81.98 charge. Gotta love it!

Local Lego store here is doing another master builder event...an 8ft. tall pirate. I'm taking the kids this weekend and planned on signing up for the VIP. Maybe they gave the extra stamps as a substitute for the bonus 50 points they were supposed to be giving for signing up for the VIP program.

What kind of discount do they give on Black Friday? I didn't know they did this...although it would have to be close to 50% to get me in a mall on black friday!

Borders has been sending me those 30% off coupons every other day...practically forcing us to buy a small set each week.

Here's to hoping that TRU pulls through for the last week of Bricktober.

Just stumbled across this tread so I thought I would contribute. These are all from the Toys R Us Big Book that starts on 11/1.

There is also the usual Spend $100 get a $10 Gift Card coupon this year as well. Will be in the Big Book along with all weekly ads until Thanksgiving.

Sets with listed sale prices.

Space Police Galactic Enforcer $79.99
Duplo Lego Villa Big City Zoo $79.99
Bricks and More Ultimate Building Set $24.99 (Large Blue Tub)
Bricks and More Large Pink Building Set $24.99 (Large Pink Tub)
Agents Aerial Defense $69.99
Agents 4-Wheeling Pursuit $29.99
Power Miners Underground Mining Station $69.99
Power Miners Rock Wrecker $30.99
Creator Fire Rescue $50.99
Creator Family Home $49.99
City Helicopter Transporter $34.99
City Police Headquarters $89.99
City Garage $89.99
City Farm $79.99
City Combine Harvester $39.99
Star Wars Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter $54.99