LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 4 old lego display at a pawn shop. they had the cardboard display and not the all plastic. The had 2 with the creator fire truck and 1 with the pirate fort and loot island and 1 with the bulldozer and dump truck.
Does anybody have any info on what these would be worth and if I should pick them up for myself.
Thanks for any info on these. They also seem to be glued together. Is the glue permant or can you get it off? :applause::applause::bouncy:

For GG, it was just reading the various forums.

I went back to my local Lego store and picked up a trolls battle pack, a droid battle pack (for my son), and another police car. Even though the trolls use that cheaper plastic, it was 50% + 25% off. They're still pretty cool, IMO.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']gunm, how did you figure out when gg would retire?? I wanted to know when 10178 would retire (motorized walking atat), so I know how much time I have left to buy it, or wait for a sale. does anyone know? son loooves this set! he walks it like he's walking a dog.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding that set on sale. My local Lego store never stocked it regularly...finally got one after weeks of calling last year.

And it is by far the coolest Star Wars lego set...kids look at it and thinks it pretty cool and then you turn it on and they see it start to walk and their jaws drop!

TRU online coupon for $10 off $50:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254418

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a HUGE difference between the small PAB cup and the free Holiday PAB box.

I went to the Lego store yesterday to pick up the Troll Mountain Fortress and the Drawbridge sets using my gift card. This month they're giving a free small PAB cup with a $75 purchase. I asked if I could get get 2 if you spend $150, but the cashier said no so I just bought the Troll Fortress and hopefully buy the drawbridge and something else later on.

I went to work trying to fill it up and did my best to fill in all the empty spots, stacking bricks, plates and throwing in a bunch of 1x1 plates in where I could. When I got home, I compared it to what I got with the Holiday gift box and was surprised to see it was less than half than with the box!

By the way, I'm going to PA for work tomorrow. Anybody know if the king of Prussia Lego store has anything good?

Troll's Mountain Fortress is in my Gold Box for $90. I'm not really interested in it, but if I ever found it on clearance, I'd probably get it.

Speaking of the Lego Store, mine sold out of Atlantis sets...I didn't realize how popular it was.

Going to try and see if I can snag a Brickbeard's Bounty at my local Borders w/30% off coupon. They had a couple this weekend, but I couldn't pull the trigger at that time. I figure if it's still there today, then maybe I should just go for it.

Edit: pre-order for Lego Brickmaster Atlantis (Guide Book and Bricks) up on Amazon for $19.79: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Even though the other books are maybe a bit too simple, the Atlantis one could be interesting. I hope the minifigs are good.

[quote name='gunm']Troll's Mountain Fortress is in my Gold Box for $90. I'm not really interested in it, but if I ever found it on clearance, I'd probably get it.

Speaking of the Lego Store, mine sold out of Atlantis sets...I didn't realize how popular it was.

Going to try and see if I can snag a Brickbeard's Bounty at my local Borders w/30% off coupon. They had a couple this weekend, but I couldn't pull the trigger at that time. I figure if it's still there today, then maybe I should just go for it.

Edit: pre-order for Lego Brickmaster Atlantis (Guide Book and Bricks) up on Amazon for $19.79: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Even though the other books are maybe a bit too simple, the Atlantis one could be interesting. I hope the minifigs are good.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the Troll Mountain besides one store.. and that's where I picked mine up for 87.

I'm surprised that Border's has the BIG set... biggest I've seen is a SW attack ship, but any other set was

[quote name='180husher']Good luck finding that set on sale. My local Lego store never stocked it regularly...finally got one after weeks of calling last year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks....checked online and it's backordered, so maybe after April, I can start calling the stores like you. I agree...it is one cool toy...son acts like it's his dog...attaches all sorts of things to the top, and all his friends are so jealous of it. Lol.

Wow...even on sale...that's a little pricey, but that might be the best price we'll find. 34% off and no tax...

If you're looking for the other books, people are saying that they found the other books at TJ Maxx for around 15.00. I don't think I'm going to buy it...rather spend the money and get more bricks.

I'm actually hoping Borders will put out another 40% coupon...this time that works on anything. :)

[quote name='gunm']Forgot to link the Lego Star Wars Brickmaster book. I hope the $5 premium is more than just a license fee. :p

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Brickmas...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268186158&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

lol but Atlantis is also more... I am just guessing they want more money considering how the other books faired.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Wow...even on sale...that's a little pricey, but that might be the best price we'll find. 34% off and no tax...

If you're looking for the other books, people are saying that they found the other books at TJ Maxx for around 15.00. I don't think I'm going to buy it...rather spend the money and get more bricks.

I'm actually hoping Borders will put out another 40% coupon...this time that works on anything. :)[/QUOTE]

Well the books come with bricks too ;)

don't know about Atlantis and SW, but the others were around 140ish

Next week, TRU will be giving out a free minifig with any Star Wars Lego purchase of $11.99 or more. I just barely glanced at the ad, it kind of looked like a metallic clone trooper, I'm not positive. My store should be receiving them tomorrow so I can get a picture of them.

Also, the week of 3/28, the Buy 1 Get 1 50% will be running again on all Lego sets. I would assume the same exclusions as before.

Thanks for the heads up, Prim. I'm wondering if the PoP sets will be in during that B1G1 sale, and if they'll be excluded or not.

[quote name='prim4444']Next week, TRU will be giving out a free minifig with any Star Wars Lego purchase of $11.99 or more. I just barely glanced at the ad, it kind of looked like a metallic clone trooper, I'm not positive. My store should be receiving them tomorrow so I can get a picture of them.

Also, the week of 3/28, the Buy 1 Get 1 50% will be running again on all Lego sets. I would assume the same exclusions as before.[/QUOTE]

Most likely it's the chrome stormtrooper that's individually bagged and is exactly the same as the one from the magnet that was exclusive to LEGO stores and the LEGO park. I've seen the pictures making the rounds online, so that's my best guess.

Damn, speaking of exclusive mini-figures that are actually rare ... wouldn't it be amazing to grab one of those white boba fett mini-figs that were given out at Toyfare ... those are commanding some serious $$ on eBay currently.

Someone on eurobricks posted an alleged cover to the Star Wars Brickmaster book--looks like Kit Fisto and an AT-TE Walker on the cover. I wonder if it's real and if it really represents what is in the parts pack?

[quote name='prim4444']Next week, TRU will be giving out a free minifig with any Star Wars Lego purchase of $11.99 or more. I just barely glanced at the ad, it kind of looked like a metallic clone trooper, I'm not positive. My store should be receiving them tomorrow so I can get a picture of them.

Also, the week of 3/28, the Buy 1 Get 1 50% will be running again on all Lego sets. I would assume the same exclusions as before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

hmmm I wonder if i can get the wife to madison sometime when the sale starts... hmm I wouldn't mind picking up some sets for the b1g1 50%.

I'm hoping my TRU will have some of the sets I want for the next B1G1 50%, but the prices on certain ones are really jacked. I might not be able to take advantage this time.

[quote name='etcrane']Most likely it's the chrome stormtrooper that's individually bagged and is exactly the same as the one from the magnet that was exclusive to LEGO stores and the LEGO park. I've seen the pictures making the rounds online, so that's my best guess.
[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking the same, but since that's out in Europe I'm hoping something different is offered here in the states...

Sigh, I wish I was a little more alert to the holiday deals and clearances. I want to pick up a Medieval Market before Kingdoms bumps it out, but looks like only Lego store or S@H has the best price on it.

[quote name='gunm']Sigh, I wish I was a little more alert to the holiday deals and clearances. I want to pick up a Medieval Market before Kingdoms bumps it out, but looks like only Lego store or S@H has the best price on it.[/QUOTE]

The after market value for that set is going to skyrocket after it goes out of production, so I would grab one without hesitating to pay the $100.

It has a far better chance of doubling or tripling in price because it is such a unique set and it will fit in with the newer castle stuff while remaining unique because it's not just another castle, fortress or vehicle. That's just my two cents, but I think it's going to be up there with Green Grocer and some of the other modular units in terms of popularity in the next few years.

I totally agree etcrane. I will try to head over to my local Lego store tomorrow and pick one up. They had them in stock last week, so I think I'm ok for now.

Someone at eurobricks was able to obtain a minifig bag! He got a spaceman. Damn I want these pretty bad, but it seems like demand (among the AFOLs as much as the kiddies) is going to be insane--it's going to be a claw and grind to get them me thinks. :(

[quote name='gunm']Someone on eurobricks posted an alleged cover to the Star Wars Brickmaster book--looks like Kit Fisto and an AT-TE Walker on the cover. I wonder if it's real and if it really represents what is in the parts pack?[/QUOTE]

Hot damn...my son has been talking about kit fisto for awhile. Looks like I might have to give in, and buy this dang book.

The best news is the space man is a regular minifigure and not some cheap Chinese shit minifigure.

But yeah, LEGO better be making many many of these because at $2 a pop they will be flying.

Between now and June we should all brainstorm and pull out any and all LEGO connections to figure out if it's possible to buy a box.

I would definitely be down to grab a box (which I'm assuming would have at least one of each figure) and then start up a trading forum in this thread or elsewhere so people can swap minifigures (or if we can't figure out how to get boxes, I guess we can still set up some sort of trade thing for all the blind buys we're going to have to make).

[quote name='etcrane']Between now and June we should all brainstorm and pull out any and all LEGO connections to figure out if it's possible to buy a box.

I would definitely be down to grab a box (which I'm assuming would have at least one of each figure) and then start up a trading forum in this thread or elsewhere so people can swap minifigures (or if we can't figure out how to get boxes, I guess we can still set up some sort of trade thing for all the blind buys we're going to have to make).[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of micro-weighing them to see if I can pick up the differences between pom-poms and club.

I will have to get to TRU because that's the only place around that could/would carry them. If WM or Kmart or even Target doesn't get them, I'm going to be boned :(

You might be able to "feel around" the bag for particular pieces for certain figures.

Kinda sad that we're all scheming about this now...back in the day I'd be happy to have enough lunch money to buy a single bag after school like I used to do with trading card wax packs. >_

I'm looking at it purely from an economic perspective ... it makes more sense to buy a box and guarantee you get the whole series, rather than take a chance that you'll receive every minifigure as a blind buy. The extra figures could easily be sold or traded depending on how they're packed and at $2 to $3 a pop, a box would add up to a mid-level LEGO set ... it's not so much about scheming or being greedy, I think it just makes more sense from a financial perspective if you aim to collect each one.

Plus, by the time wave 2 comes around, you'll have plenty of extra figures to trade for the newer series.

[quote name='etcrane'] a box would add up to a mid-level LEGO set ... [/QUOTE]

Are there 32 or 64 in a box? $128 isn't mid level unless you are the same wacko as on Eurobricks who thinks 4-6 GG are nothing. :lol:

Target has Green Grocer in stock for $149.99 w/free shipping (continental US).

Also, Galactic Enforcer is $79.54 @Amazon w/FSSS. Wish I could've gotten it on clearance from Walmart, but for some reason, they changed the price (made it even more than MSRP to boot).

Finally, this weekend's Borders Coupon is 30% off again. Unfortunately, my closest store was cleared out except for a couple of Brickbeard Bounties (one of which I ended up getting). I don't know if they got any restock since then--I kind of doubt it. :(

[quote name='bigdaddy']Are there 32 or 64 in a box? $128 isn't mid level unless you are the same wacko as on Eurobricks who thinks 4-6 GG are nothing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying $128 isn't a significant amount, but think of it this way ... there are 16 figures out of that 64 you would be keeping for sure. Unless LEGO is making some of the figures "rare" and others more common, then you should have a good 48 to sell or maybe 40 if you want multiples.

Throwing those opened, mint figures on ebay I bet you could either sell sets or individual figures and make back all the money you spent. Or go the trade route for other bricks or minifigs ... either way, $128 doesn't sound like a crazy amount to spend.

Now what is crazy ... is the guy on Eurobricks who spent $1000 on 2 of those white boba fetts ... and guess what ... they just posted that there are actually around 20,000 of those that LEGO is making, not the original 150 everyone thought composed the complete run. So yeah .. that's crazy ... $128 is an acceptable risk ;)

Just to clarify, I'm looking for a way to buy a box without feeling like a giant douche and buying a box in front of a bunch of little kids or something. I don't want to feel like I'm depriving fellow LEGO fans and won't get a box if it requires buying out a store's stock or something, I just think a box would be a good investment that saves a ton of time. Hopefully there's a way to get a hook up at the LEGO store or TRU depending on how many boxes of these they get in and how they display them.

[quote name='etcrane']
Now what is crazy ... is the guy on Eurobricks who spent $1000 on 2 of those white boba fetts ... and guess what ... they just posted that there are actually around 20,000 of those that LEGO is making, not the original 150 everyone thought composed the complete run. So yeah .. that's crazy ... $128 is an acceptable risk ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Serves that dumbass right. I think Legos are the bee's knees but for fuck's sake, hundreds of dollars for two figures?! I guess his parents don't make him pay rent for his basement "apartment".

NCSX.com is getting the figures in although I think they're the Japanese ones. Same designs but the packaging will be different.

http://www.shopncsx.com/legominifiguresgashapon.aspx

[quote name='Halo05']

NCSX.com is getting the figures in although I think they're the Japanese ones. Same designs but the packaging will be different.

http://www.shopncsx.com/legominifiguresgashapon.aspx[/QUOTE]

Haha, good to know ... I love how in the small text though they basically state that if any of the figures are rare, then they will sell you a random batch and not the complete set. Odd how they're breaking them up into two batches from what I understand to be wave 1.

By the time they shipped the 2nd batch, rumor has it that wave 2 will be rolling out ... not sure if that's true or if LEGO has changed something about the release of the different waves/series.

Man, you guys are taking the fun out of this. I was looking forward to grabbing a couple of packs whenever the kids and I go into TRU, opening them, and then going "aw crud, I got the diver" or "alright!, I got the zombie". Like baseball cards used to be when I was a kid...instead of now where the only place to get the baseball cards you want, even current releases, is having to go to a convention where the "dealers" have all the cards.

[quote name='etcrane']Just to clarify, I'm looking for a way to buy a box without feeling like a giant douche and buying a box in front of a bunch of little kids or something.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's just me, but that sounds hilarious. Anyway, little kids are little kids. At 6 years of age I was saving up for about a year to buy a large radio controlled truck. When I went to buy it the clerk told me it's busted so they only used it for display. Sure, I was bummed, but I got over it the next day.

With that said, you should think about yourself rather than others. All you'll end up doing is screwing yourself over. If you don't buy the box what's stopping someone else from doing so?

Also, I hope TRU restocks for the sale. There really isn't anything eye catching left. Although, I have to admit that buying a bunch of army men sets did run across my mind.

[quote name='180husher']Man, you guys are taking the fun out of this. I was looking forward to grabbing a couple of packs whenever the kids and I go into TRU, opening them, and then going "aw crud, I got the diver" or "alright!, I got the zombie". Like baseball cards used to be when I was a kid...instead of now where the only place to get the baseball cards you want, even current releases, is having to go to a convention where the "dealers" have all the cards.[/QUOTE]

They have plenty of baseball cards at Walmarts and Targets. The problem is now they cost $5 for 10 cards instead of 50 cents for 20 cards.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm not saying $128 isn't a significant amount, but think of it this way ... there are 16 figures out of that 64 you would be keeping for sure. Unless LEGO is making some of the figures "rare" and others more common, then you should have a good 48 to sell or maybe 40 if you want multiples.

Throwing those opened, mint figures on ebay I bet you could either sell sets or individual figures and make back all the money you spent. Or go the trade route for other bricks or minifigs ... either way, $128 doesn't sound like a crazy amount to spend.

Now what is crazy ... is the guy on Eurobricks who spent $1000 on 2 of those white boba fetts ... and guess what ... they just posted that there are actually around 20,000 of those that LEGO is making, not the original 150 everyone thought composed the complete run. So yeah .. that's crazy ... $128 is an acceptable risk ;)[/QUOTE]

My point only was $128 set isn't a mid level set. :lol:

I wonder if my uncle could get a couple. He got 2 chrome Darth Vadors for my grandma because the company he works at had some extras. I really don't understand the whole thing, I don't ask questions when free LEGOs come up. :)

I love Eurobrick people, they are nuts, and some just really stupid. LEGO Star Wars fans, mixed with Eurobricks and you have some of the dumbest people around. Then there are the City people there that think the concept art for the TRU City Exclusive that will never be released, will be JUST like the concept art with a monorail, a bus, a station, everything for only $150! I heard they will also include a gold brick, not a golden brick but a brick made from real gold! :lol:

well I will buy a box. it would be nice to see if TRU will sell a complete one or I'll have to carry the damn thing in my cart to buy them all.

I really hope to see these in more places than just TRU.

I know buying them online might be an option... no tax, and if I can get a 5 off 20 or 25, I can get almost free shipping, paying a teeny bit under retail.

maybe Borders will have them too. Seems like a better option for stores, than say impulse sets which I NEVER see anywhere.

Have you guys seen the "ASS" contest over at FBTB? It's basically make a MOC using only the pieces from the 8036 Separatist Shuttle and a windscreen of your choice. You could win a copy of the 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter. Contest ends on 3/31

I finally finished mine last night. I'll take some pictures and post it up tonight to see what you guys think.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I love Eurobrick people, they are nuts, and some just really stupid. [/QUOTE]

Those eurobrick folks are generally polite and positive forum goers, though. The mod team seem to be on top of things too as I rarely see the kind of Internet shenanigans I see even on this site.

Fire Brigade came back in stock @TRU.com. Their In Stock notification system actually works! :p Good see there might be some big sets available for the next B1G1 50% off sale at the end of the month...

[quote name='etcrane']Just to clarify, I'm looking for a way to buy a box without feeling like a giant douche and buying a box in front of a bunch of little kids or something. I don't want to feel like I'm depriving fellow LEGO fans and won't get a box if it requires buying out a store's stock or something, I just think a box would be a good investment that saves a ton of time. Hopefully there's a way to get a hook up at the LEGO store or TRU depending on how many boxes of these they get in and how they display them.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they'll be available on S@H. Hopefully the "Limit of" number will be at least a case. Anything I find in the stores would be gravy and my urge to buy 'em all up would be minimal.

Somebody mentioned an interesting point if Lego decides to do rares, uncommons, commons. Like if the cheerleader is 1 in 96 while another is much more common. No pictures of the packaging indicate something like that (like with kidrobot figures, for example). I hope it's equal chance for any figure.

Off-topic: You can still buy packs of baseball cards for a dollar at Target.

[quote name='gunm']Those eurobrick folks are generally polite and positive forum goers, though. The mod team seem to be on top of things too as I rarely see the kind of Internet shenanigans I see even on this site.[/QUOTE]

Yes the site is normally very well run. However I was a members years and years ago and they were all asses. The site was run by a 27 year fucker and the mods were 15 telling people until 18 couldn't join and all kinds of shit. it was a mess.

Yes everyone is nice, stupid ignorant people are normally nice, it's why if you are white and go to the southern USA everyone is nice to you. :D

Same thing with Lugnet, there would be lawyers who made good money and they would make these buildings and spend $25-$30k a year on LEGOs! That's more than I have ever made in a year! It's a toy, it's fun, but fuck get a life! I could buy every set released this year and not spend close to that much. I can't stand cocky ignorant people.

And i do make fun of Eurobricks a lot, but that's because they think LEGO is their friend when they aren't and they play these mind games in which they read anything into anything someone said. There are a lot of very nice people there that aren't crazy. :lol:

Back on topic... The minifigures better not only be at TRU because we know they will charge $5 a guy/gal. Borders would be an awesome place to set one or two boxes up. I don't think it will be easy to buy a whole box unless you know people.

Oh man, if Borders sells those minifigs, I'd be happy...but on the other hand they'd sell out even faster over there. I think people in my area are pretty wise to Borders being one of the better places to pick up Lego. >_<

Edit: as for rarity, apparently Lego stated that whatever is in the boxes are a set quantity with no fewer than 3 of any type of minifig in each box, meaning there shouldn't be any rares from a distribution standpoint. If anything, "rares" will only be based on the demand for that particular figure in the grey market, I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back