LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='crowbb']Haven't seen any here yet though I did order 2 boxes of 60 from BBTS. Was only going to order 1 but the 2 case set had this quote "This listing is for a sealed/unsearched master case - it will contain the factory original assortment of 120 figures. " while the single case....did not.[/QUOTE]

At TRU, they are 2 boxes of 60 to a case. I think they have to word it like that since a case has to be opened to get 1 box. The boxes are still held by small piece of tape. Like a round 1 inch piece of each side.

Hmmm ... weird that only one box showed up at the TRU I found them at. I swear there's something shady about that TRU.

Oh, tangent, TRU has the new 2nd wave of LEGO boardgames ... they were out on the shelf tonight and I tried to buy Ramses Pyramid ... of course the system said if couldn't be sold until June 1st and they denied me the sale (nice TRU, you must not want my money) and pulled all the sets from the shelf.

[quote name='ackbar7']Nothing at Northgate either. Seems as though we in the Seattle area don't get these yet. I probably won't get the chance to check again until sometime next week. Hope I can find some then.[/QUOTE]

Found them at Everett this morning, Alderwood said they had them in thursday, but they sold out within hours of opening.

I was a little tweaked when it came to the box at the everett store. An associate at alderwood told me they'd have 60 today (saturday morning shipment) but when I got there, there was only 48.

When I confronted the person at the customer service desk about it (they were right there so they could limit purchases, 4 per person) she feigned ignorance, but me and my wife could read the guilt all over her face. Either she bought them, or she knew who it was, but wasn't saying anything.

Though, we ended up with 12 (4 each, me, my wife, and my son) 2 zombies, 2 cheerleaders, 2 spacemen, 2 crash test dummies, 1 magician, 1 clown, 1 ninja, 1 super wrestler.

No, I didn't end up with close to a full set, but I did get multiples of the ones I wanted to get multiples of (cept for the spaceman, but he has an awesome 1950's style raygun!). Good thing these aren't SUPER limited, eh?

I wonder how much these are going to go for on the secondary market.

The Star Wars silver stormtroopers from TRU are already going for over 10 dollars each on eBay.

I bought a tray with 35 minfigs in it this morning, but was disappointed to get no robot and no skater. My wife went back and bought two blind-bags and got both. Woo!

DSC00837.jpg

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with either buying a full, unopened box or actually going through and pulling figures, because it seems that alot of people know how to read the codes and anything less than a full box isn't probably worth buying.

[quote name='DillDough']I wonder how much these are going to go for on the secondary market.

The Star Wars silver stormtroopers from TRU are already going for over 10 dollars each on eBay.[/QUOTE]

My guess would be it all depends if the unique elements with these minifigs stay unique or if they start appearing in other Lego sets. There are so many cool new wigs and accessories. Then again, this ain't Star Wars, so that softens the threat of an exhorbitant after-market.

Whatever the case, I hope Lego makes enough to meet demand.

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with either buying a full, unopened box or actually going through and pulling figures, because it seems that alot of people know how to read the codes and anything less than a full box isn't probably worth buying.[/QUOTE]

I might carry around a cheat sheet for the figures I DONT want so that I can avoid getting too many. I kind of like the randomness, but if the case has already been "filtered" I don't want to come home with a bunch of crash test dummies and divers.

None in Birmingham Toysrus yet. They had the games though. And we went to the Lego store and got a large cup of misc. stuff and a few small boxes.

[quote name='dansoccerball']o lol really. did you get your box for 1.99$?[/QUOTE]

That's nothing to brag about. If everyone paid for one figure and stole 59 then, unless TRU is ran by utter idiots, two things would happen: TRU would either opt out of selling these completely, or, the more likely solution, there would be a price increase.

[quote name='dansoccerball']i got 3 full sets in my box!!!!![/QUOTE]

Each box comes with 3 complete sets. It's just a shame that they made some figures in multiples of 3, 4, and 5. There should have been less 3's more 4's and no 5's (except Zombies).

[quote name='salty tbone']Looks like I have a zombie hunter in my area. Thought I had first dibs on a case, but no zombies. Got the others I was interested in after going back with the bar codes.
Didn't dawn on me until later that the zombie is probably going to be the toughest to find because it's a natural "army builder." I'm loving all the figures, but most are too unique to demand multiples.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Tough luck with the Zombie Hunter. I know it's not me because I have yet to find any of these at TRU so far. :)

I think there are a lot of army builder figures in Series 1.
Zombies -- RE, L4D dreams come true
Forestmen -- Pseudo elves
Cheerleaders -- Squads
Robots -- Robot Army
Native Hunter -- Tribes
Cowboys -- Western theme
Nurses -- Hospital Staff
Ninjas -- Obvious
Astronauts -- Space Team
Cavemen -- Ancient group

Series 2 won't have many army builders. So many people will want a Spartan Army and the secondary market value is going to make me broke.

[quote name='voidedx']

Series 2 won't have many army builders. So many people will want a Spartan Army and the secondary market value is going to make me broke.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see someone recreate 300 in MOC.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I can't wait to see someone recreate 300 in MOC.[/QUOTE]

The cost would be insane. At least $600 for just the minifigs, but most likely a lot more than that as I doubt anyone would be able to buy 300 of them at the retail of $2. Then if you're going to blow that much money on just the minifigs then you might as well go all out and create the scenery, too. At which point you might as well use the ninjas for some of the Persian's troops.

I'd like to go after generic builder sets on the cheap. I've got a worksheet off metafilter that gives a good idea of pieces/$, but it's based off MSRP. I'm guessing the value I get beyond buying the value sets will be from coupons, but I was hoping maybe others had better ideas at getting a good, general collection built up (e.g. reliable second-hand retailers, online or otherwise; special deals).

Also, I might be in a good spot in that the Mall of America Lego store is nearby, but who knows.

In any case, any advice is appreciated.

TBH, if you're just interested in getting a good selection of elements to build with, just keep an eye out for sales, watch this thread, do a little hunting yourself, and start buying sets. If you want to lower your cost even further, consider selling the figs on ebay to make some of your cost back, and blammo, tons of elements to play with.

You can also watch craigslist, but try not to pay more then $5 per pound, less if there are few/no figs. Again, if you're just looking for elements, you'll want to sort the figs out of those lots as well.

There are many ways to support your lego habit on the cheap, just gotta think creatively :D

Target has Legos on sale for $15 this week.

City Fire Truck (reg. $23)
Atlantis Typhoon Turbo Sub (reg. $25)
Star Wars Echo Base (reg. $25)

Additionally, there's that Target Lego coupon from their summer catalog good for $3 off certain sets, including the City Fire Truck. So that makes the City Fire Truck only $12 with coupon.

Target sale this week May 23-29.

Star Wars Echo Base $15
City Fire Truck $15
Atlantis Typhoon Turbo Sub $15

All Atlantis , City, and Star War Sets also on sale!

Is TRU putting the minifig boxes anywhere specific? I've checked out 2 TRUs and haven't seen so much as a sign they ever existed.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Don't forget the 3.00 Lego coupon off the Target website...makes the firetruck cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed the fire truck for $12. My store is giving a $5 giftcard if you buy 5 12 packs of Pepsi products (5 for $15 at my store)...so I'll be picking up and extra Hoth tomorrow.

[quote name='DillDough']So apparently pointing out that stealing the minifigures screws everyone over got my post deleted.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a mod delete anything in here. And since jay's coupon post is still here, I doubt they deleted yours.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']Drat! Out of luck already![/QUOTE]

That was fast.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Is TRU putting the minifig boxes anywhere specific? I've checked out 2 TRUs and haven't seen so much as a sign they ever existed.[/QUOTE]

All the stores I saw them at had them in the Lego section randomly placed in between other sets. Some have reported them up front by the registers and others by the collectible cards.

[quote name='180husher']All the stores I saw them at had them in the Lego section randomly placed in between other sets. Some have reported them up front by the registers and others by the collectible cards.[/QUOTE]

I've been told that they've been placed at the endcaps/sidecaps where the lego's are, My store has them on the customer service counter right when you walk in the door.

I would suggest just going up to someone, possibly one of the younger employees (male, if possible, I've had good luck with the electronics employees) and ask them about it. A lot of the older employees are a bit rude when it comes to "adults" buying lego.

[quote name='180husher']Hey xycury, TRU just put the minifig up online. If you can't wait or are worried about getting them in store you might want to order some now.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4249991

Estimated shipping for 20 bags is $5 for me, not bad if you can find a coupon. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up in trying to net me some!

We left for our 60 mile trek at 7:30 so I missed this post. But I didn't find anything there :(

I saw all the new sets though, and picked up the Jester. $4.50 my ass.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']I've been told that they've been placed at the endcaps/sidecaps where the lego's are, My store has them on the customer service counter right when you walk in the door.

I would suggest just going up to someone, possibly one of the younger employees (male, if possible, I've had good luck with the electronics employees) and ask them about it. A lot of the older employees are a bit rude when it comes to "adults" buying lego.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to ask them on Tuesday since I didn't see anything anywhere. They told me they get shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

In other news... My Borders raised all their prices. But I did use it to get another Atlantis shark. It's probably one of my favorite sets in the theme. That set should be $15, but it was $18 before coupon, so I got it for $12. I picked up a different Atlantis set and used the $3 coupon, so it does prompt but the cashiers may not read it and let it through.

I also went to Target to score my super cheap Fire Truck, and was tempted to get two, but chanced my luck at netting a mini-sub with shark buy set that was marked down. Seemed like Target had various Atlantis and CITY sets on sale/marked down.

[quote name='180husher']I've never seen a mod delete anything in here. And since jay's coupon post is still here, I doubt they deleted yours.[/QUOTE]

My post contained a quote of another poster bragging about getting a whole box for $1.99. I pointed out that buying one figure and stealing 59 can likely prompt TRU to opting out of selling the minifigures entirely or raising the price.

After that the poster in question changed his original post but it was still quoted in my post. Now I check the thread in the morning and my post is gone.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Don't forget the 3.00 Lego coupon off the Target website...makes the firetruck cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Nice call, my wife also mentioned using the $3 coupon. She is out running around and will pick me up one. I am keeping all my city lego new in box until our little girl gets a bit older.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Is TRU putting the minifig boxes anywhere specific? I've checked out 2 TRUs and haven't seen so much as a sign they ever existed.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find any at my local TRU. It is just as well, I don't plan on buying any but if I saw them in store then I would probably buy a couple of zombies.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Target sale this week May 23-29.

Star Wars Echo Base $15[/QUOTE]

I picked up a couple Echo Bases and Snowtrooper+Hoth Rebel Battle Packs. I think I'm good until the new AT-AT comes out.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']A lot of the older employees are a bit rude when it comes to "adults" buying lego.[/QUOTE]

How is it that they assume that you are not buying it for a kid's birthday?
I checked TRU again today and they said they didn't get any of the $2 figures in, but at least I found the new Impulse sets. Got a few of those and picked up two of the Prince of Persia sets (20% off) for the camel and ostriches.

Stopped at Target and got another Echo Base and the coupon worked without needing an override, $12 - $5 giftcard from buying Pepsi = $7 total!

[quote name='dansoccerball']how you get that?[/QUOTE]

I never got one, I'm thinking they just spent $150 and that's their reward money coming in.

[quote name='xycury']I never got one, I'm thinking they just spent $150 and that's their reward money coming in.[/QUOTE]

Nope, free Borders Bucks are different:

"Your free Borders Bucks do not affect your current or future accrual of Borders Bucks and are not subject to the same redemption period(s) as Borders Bucks."

I am not sure what the criteria are for receiving them, but my brother also got them, and he spends almost no money at Borders. Even if you didn't get the email, it might be worth checking your Borders bucks balance to see if they're in there.

[quote name='illennium']Nope, free Borders Bucks are different:

"Your free Borders Bucks do not affect your current or future accrual of Borders Bucks and are not subject to the same redemption period(s) as Borders Bucks."

I am not sure what the criteria are for receiving them, but my brother also got them, and he spends almost no money at Borders. Even if you didn't get the email, it might be worth checking your Borders bucks balance to see if they're in there.[/QUOTE]
I received the email, but I guess you're suppose to go to the store and the system will show you have it, 'cause there's nothing to print. Eh. I think I'm done with Borders unless my son wants a book. Even then, Amazon is more often a better deal.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I received the email, but I guess you're suppose to go to the store and the system will show you have it, 'cause there's nothing to print. Eh. I think I'm done with Borders unless my son wants a book. Even then, Amazon is more often a better deal.[/QUOTE]

It's attached to your card, scan it and the balance will be there.

Yeah, I think I'm done with them as well, unless it's a 40% and I'm getting a Big set... even then I may pass.

They only had a few themes... not many.

[quote name='180husher']Stopped at Target and got another Echo Base and the coupon worked without needing an override, $12 - $5 giftcard from buying Pepsi = $7 total![/QUOTE]

Just curious but wasn't the coupon just for the fire truck?

I got Echo Base for $15 and the fire truck with the coupon for $12. Both were and still are good deals. However, $12 for Echo Base would've been better!

[quote name='iluvmywife']Just curious but wasn't the coupon just for the fire truck?

I got Echo Base for $15 and the fire truck with the coupon for $12. Both were and still are good deals. However, $12 for Echo Base would've been better![/QUOTE]

The coupon will beep if there is a "Item not in cart" which means one of those sets listed on coupon aren't in your cart, but lazy tellers will just pass it and apply the coupon.

Like they did on my 8.46 Atlantis set which I got for a little over $5 for...

The Lego store by me got the minifigures. They are limiting them to five per person per day. I'd rather Lego make a shit ton of them so everyone could buy as many as they want, but for now at least this way more people will have a shot at getting them.

[quote name='salty tbone']The Lego store by me got the minifigures. They are limiting them to five per person per day. I'd rather Lego make a shit ton of them so everyone could buy as many as they want, but for now at least this way more people will have a shot at getting them.[/QUOTE]

fuck

called mine and still nothing... BUT they said their DC has them in stock so it could be this Thursday.

They are definately waiting till June to put these out.

I ordered a box from EE so I am really just picking up extras that I want....

Series 2 might be just as bad.... :(

[quote name='bigdaddy']The whole minifigure collection thing is such a disaster I don't even care about them or the second series anymore.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it turned from something that you grab and throw in your cart right before leaving the store into a major hording item. I was never big on Lego minifigures but I admit that I would like a few zombies and a cheerleader or two.

I think it's a little early to be worried about finding the figs. They aren't even officially out yet. The only real mistake I see is the whole barcode thing. I'm sure Lego needs them for their own internal processing reasons, but the ability to distinguish between the figs means more hoarding and defeats the whole idea of them being random. For series 2, hopefully they'll start putting black stickers over the barcodes before they leave the warehouses or something to that effect.

I scanned an empty minifig bag I had at Target and Walmart and both stores don't have them in their system. Don't know if this means they won't get them or just haven't gotten them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back