LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only minifigures I remember reading about that were cheap Chinese junk were the Vintage Mini-Figure Collections Volumes 1-5 and the Chrome Stormtrooper polybag (not the magnet).

[quote name='bigdaddy']I think it is true, things like games with minifigures (tic-tac-toe and chess) and prebuilt minifigures are now made in China which makes shit. I'm not sure if that is still the case.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading on EB that supposedly they were getting on the manufacturers case in China over quality control, as far as how true that is I do not know. The last mini figure magnets I bought were the Sponge Bob and I didn't really look at them since they were for my daughter.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, but isn't it true that the magnets are usually lower quality than the minifigures in the actual SW sets? I keep reading that on message boards, not sure if it's 100% accurate though.[/QUOTE]
Most of the BS comes from people on EB who think they're the shit when it comes to LEGO. Granted, there are those on their and other boards who do know their stuff, but the quality on the magnets are on par with the same figs that come in sets. The whole talk about the inside arms having a stamp being a sign of cheap quality is BS.

The thing I have noticed with the magnet figs compared to the figs that comes in sets is that something the print on the torso or leg is a bit different. There was also talk that the Imperial Guards was a different color red than the ones that were first released. I can confirm with that claim, but that doesn't make it a cheap fig. Inconsistent is more like it.

Got a Question for the Lego fanatics. If you had to choose between the Green Grocer and Grand Emporium which would you choose and why?
And on the deals front My local Toysrus had no clearance Legos the ones that were clearance last week were back to regular price.

[quote name='freeorelse']Got a Question for the Lego fanatics. If you had to choose between the Green Grocer and Grand Emporium which would you choose and why?
And on the deals front My local Toysrus had no clearance Legos the ones that were clearance last week were back to regular price.[/QUOTE]

If you evetually wanted both, at this point you'd have to choose the green grocer because it's probably nearing the end of it's life.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']The way LEGO has been trending, you can buy most of the SW minifigs in magnets. The latest one LEGO released has Kit Fisto, Bariss Offee and Captain Jag. I won't be surprised if a future magnet has Cad Bane with a Senate Commando. Unless you really like the set or plan to do something with the pieces, I think magnets are the best way to go.[/QUOTE]

Can you take apart the minifigure magnets and build them again?

[quote name='FadeToOne']If you evetually wanted both, at this point you'd have to choose the green grocer because it's probably nearing the end of it's life.[/QUOTE]

I agree, always buy the older set first.

[quote name='mickeyp']Can you take apart the minifigure magnets and build them again?[/QUOTE]

I think the new magnet sets are the regular minifigures on a magnet. The new collectible minifigures are made in China. So if those are crap then China is still making crap. :lol:

All this talk about messed up boxes and stuff missing jinxed me!!!! I found the Indy Temple of Doom set at Target, I was already iffy about it since I seen it had been re-taped over the original tape. Just like I said, it was missing the 1st bag with the mini figures and the mine cars. I liked the idea of the numbering system of bags but I just think it made it easier for assholes to steal the figures. Well, I'm off to Target now.

EDIT: I let the wife go because I knew it wouldn't be G-Rated on the return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target dropped alot of Lego clearance prices to 50% off. Venator dropped to $60 and Temple of Doom to $45 (checked using the scanners as they sold out). I picked up :

#7641 City Corner for $29.98

#5972 Space Truck Getaway $15.64

#8189 Magma Mech $9.98

Never saw the City Corner put on clearance, but I ain't complaining.

Ben 10 and Bionicle stuff dropped to 50% too. Might get some Ben 10 sets if I see them for $3.50.

I stopped at one target store that didn't have any Lego on clearance except the Toy Story Army Men set??? Gotta watch this store and see what they do with the old Lego sets when the new ones come in next week or so.

sweet find on city corner... you didn't pick up the Venator? I was waiting for the last 2 Venators to drop to 50%, but I guess they were taken for 30% off.

[quote name='dyne22']sweet find on city corner... you didn't pick up the Venator? I was waiting for the last 2 Venators to drop to 50%, but I guess they were taken for 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but you can still check the current price in their system by scanning a barcode or entering the DCPI # with one of their price scanners.

stuff went pretty quickly at 30% this time around me. disappointed because last summer i managed to find quite a few agents sets at 75%.

[quote name='skiizim']All this talk about messed up boxes and stuff missing jinxed me!!!! I found the Indy Temple of Doom set at Target, I was already iffy about it since I seen it had been re-taped over the original tape. Just like I said, it was missing the 1st bag with the mini figures and the mine cars. I liked the idea of the numbering system of bags but I just think it made it easier for assholes to steal the figures. Well, I'm off to Target now.

EDIT: I let the wife go because I knew it wouldn't be G-Rated on the return.[/QUOTE]

You could've called Lego and they would've sent you the missing bag.

[quote name='180husher']I stopped at one target store that didn't have any Lego on clearance except the Toy Story Army Men set??? Gotta watch this store and see what they do with the old Lego sets when the new ones come in next week or so.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the newer Star Wars sets? Mine already has a bunch of the racers and the castle line, but they're on end caps.

Yeah I had a Batman set that was banged up missing a bag, it was missing the Ridler's head and about 90 other pieces, went to LEGO.com and just started listing the pieces out and they sent me every one... but they sent me the wrong head piece so i had to order one head piece and waste their money shipping it.

They set it all out no questions asked.

[quote name='freeorelse']Got a Question for the Lego fanatics. If you had to choose between the Green Grocer and Grand Emporium which would you choose and why?
And on the deals front My local Toysrus had no clearance Legos the ones that were clearance last week were back to regular price.[/QUOTE]
I love all the modular sets. Definitely pick up the Green Grocer first for the simple fact that it's an older set. When Cafe Corner came out, I sat on it and was thinking I can always buy it another time. Next thing you know, they were all sold it.

Fortunately, I found one cheap!

[quote name='mickeyp']Can you take apart the minifigure magnets and build them again?[/QUOTE]
The figs in the magnet packs are regualr minifigs. You can remove them from the magnet base and all the parts are removeable.

Went to a different Target during lunch and picked up the Special Edition Pirate Tank for $27.98 (30% off) and the Hyena Droid Bomber for $13.85 (30% off). They had one left of each so I figured I should get them before they sell out.

They had a bunch of Garages, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids, some Bionicles and the Titanium Command Rig at 30% off so I figure I can wait a week on those.

The Endor set is still not on clearance though.

[quote name='encendido5']

Do you mean the newer Star Wars sets? Mine already has a bunch of the racers and the castle line, but they're on end caps.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, usually about half way through the clearance cycle they start to reorganize the shelves and aisles because most of the stuff has been bought up. I'd say in a week or two the new stuff should be out at Target. They've got two Lego endcaps right now - the World Racers/Kingdoms and Lego Games (3 if you count the Toy Story 3 also) that will eventually have to be merged with all the other new sets into the normal Lego section.

I'm also keeping an eye on the Toy Story 3 sets as they are on a special endcap and Target loves to clearance out that stuff as soon as a newer movie line or toy line comes in.

Other Target drops:

SW Anakin's Y-wing $29.98

SW Pirate Tank $19.98

SW Seperatist Shuttle $14.98

small pink bucket $7.48

[quote name='180husher']
Other Target drops:

SW Anakin's Y-wing $29.98

SW Pirate Tank $19.98

SW Seperatist Shuttle $14.98

small pink bucket $7.48[/QUOTE]

My Targets must be a cycle behind because I got them at only 30% off.

[quote name='encendido5']You could've called Lego and they would've sent you the missing bag.[/QUOTE]

I called last night when I got home to see what they would say but they were already closed. I never had to deal with that problem before so I just returned it but as fate was good to me. I found it at %50 off among other sets, picked up the Venator, Anakins Y-Wing, Pirate Tank, and the Duplo Big Farm.

DPCI:

Venator: 204-00-0220
Y-Wing:: 204-00-0212
Temple of Doom: 204-00-0258
Pirate Tank: 204-00-0285
Big Farm: 204-00-0308

The Target I picked these up at was the one on Tyler by the Galleria Mall. They had 1 more Temple of Doom, 1 Y-wing, 1 Pirate Tank, 1 Venator, 2 Gallactic Enforcers @ 30% off, a bunch of Garages and City Corner @ 30% off not marked, Thunder Driller and Titanium Command Rig @ 30% off

They had various racers, Ben 10, Duplo, Bionicle and the little ones in the hard plastic containers. Most of these were between 30% and 50% off.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah I had a Batman set that was banged up missing a bag, it was missing the Ridler's head and about 90 other pieces, went to LEGO.com and just started listing the pieces out and they sent me every one... but they sent me the wrong head piece so i had to order one head piece and waste their money shipping it.

They set it all out no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

was this recent?

[quote name='dansoccerball']was this recent?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. I recently called on an issue that was 3ish years old, and they didn't have the pieces that I was looking for available. (The issue I called on was the cracking of the old General Grievous head on the backside, I have 2 different ones from 2 different lots/sets with the same defect)

I remember someone mentioning the Lego set with the alien and small ship. We got them in today. They are packaged in little bags at $3.99. #30070 - 29pcs.

Anyone else get this $5 off any purchase from TRU Rewards? Doesn't seem to have a minimum purchase. Would be good for a couple blue base plates or something.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Anyone else get this $5 off any purchase from TRU Rewards? Doesn't seem to have a minimum purchase. Would be good for a couple blue base plates or something.[/QUOTE]

what! i only got 20% off any one item :(
is it for tom only?

[quote name='prim4444']I remember someone mentioning the Lego set with the alien and small ship. We got them in today. They are packaged in little bags at $3.99. #30070 - 29pcs.[/QUOTE]

My wife wanted some of these. Good to know that we finally get them stateside :)

[quote name='dansoccerball']just got a coupon in the email for 20% off one item tom only at toysrus from rewards rus can i combine with the buy one get one 50% off?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FadeToOne']Anyone else get this $5 off any purchase from TRU Rewards? Doesn't seem to have a minimum purchase. Would be good for a couple blue base plates or something.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up on these coupons. They are 1 time use coupons. Do not scan these or let someone else have the numbers. Once the coupon is used, it will become invalid.

There are 5 coupons being emailed to all rewards members. You will get one of the 5. Only good on Saturday

$5 off $25 purchase
20% off any item
$3, $5, or $10 bonus coupon

[quote name='prim4444']Just a heads up on these coupons. They are 1 time use coupons. Do not scan these or let someone else have the numbers. Once the coupon is used, it will become invalid.

There are 5 coupons being emailed to all rewards members. You will get one of the 5. Only good on Saturday

$5 off $25 purchase
20% off any item
$3, $5, or $10 bonus coupon[/QUOTE]

thanks ugh!! i always get stuck with the shitty coupon i would of been happy with the $3 one was it completely random? do you think i can stack them with the buy one lego get one 50% off? thanks

[quote name='dansoccerball']thanks ugh!! i always get stuck with the shitty coupon i would of been happy with the $3 one was it completely random? do you think i can stack them with the buy one lego get one 50% off? thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are random. I got a $5 off $25 coupon in my email.

You should be able to stack the coupon.

Also, for those with smart phones, you can now scan TRU coupons from your phone, no need to print coupons out anymore.

[quote name='prim4444']yes[/QUOTE]

ok thanks well if anyone wants to trade me for another coupon i have a 20% off one i will take a 3$ off coupon pm me or 5$ or 10$ let me know

[quote name='prim4444']I remember someone mentioning the Lego set with the alien and small ship. We got them in today. They are packaged in little bags at $3.99. #30070 - 29pcs.[/QUOTE]

what store do you work at

[quote name='Animal7390']what store do you work at[/QUOTE]

With all the information this guy gives us, I don't think he should be giving away his location...

Went to Richmond for the day and went to Toys R Us looking for the series 1 mini figures I only have the zombie and clown found them at Fred Meyers. I saw this set and decided to picked one up. No price listed where they were hanging so I figured it might be $3 was actually $5 which seem expensive, oh well I wanted the little alien minifig. Boy I'm glad I don't live in Canada Lego set are expensive. On a completely random note came home decided to check to see if Best Buy had the iPad camera connection kit and finally the had one in stock in Everett so I order one for in store pickup. I think I'll pick it up on the way home from the airport on Wednesday. If you live in Washington the Everett and Northgate best buy's show them as in stock if you've been looking for one. Last thought someone should setup a lego trading thread, I've got a bunch on Batman set that I would mind trading otherwise likely heading to eBay just haven't been in the selling mood in a while.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']With all the information this guy gives us, I don't think he should be giving away his location...[/QUOTE]

Pssst ... Prim is a girl ...

[quote name='Animal7390']what store do you work at[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']With all the information this guy gives us, I don't think he should be giving away his location...[/QUOTE]

I think he meant what retail store?

[quote name='etcrane']Pssst ... Prim is a girl ...[/QUOTE]

umm... not a girl

[quote name='prim4444']Toys R Us

I think he meant what retail store?

umm... not a girl[/QUOTE]

I thought that was established on this board months ago? And now you change gender on us all of a sudden ;)

but hey, at least I wasn't adding an 'e' either Prim, so that makes us even

Cool info. Others are asking where you are, but I think we just want to know if this is anywhere in the USA. Because it was only confirmed for Canada previously.

[quote name='prim4444']Toys R Us

I think he meant what retail store?[/QUOTE]

thank you and yes

could you get the toys r us item number please?

I didn't get any TRU rewards coupons in my email yet - if they're only good Saturday, I hope it comes soon.

EDIT: Yay, not a newbie anymore :)

[quote name='Zepp-Head']I didn't get any TRU rewards coupons in my email yet - if they're only good Saturday, I hope it comes soon.

EDIT: Yay, not a newbie anymore :)[/QUOTE]

congrats!

Thanks dan!

I forgot to mention: I did a Target LEGO run last night and took along in my car the Temple of Doom that I bought at 30% off. I had called a store and told them to do an area DPCI search and there were NONE left anywhere in the state - possibly they all sold out at 30%. However, I asked him just out of curiosity what price his store would be currently selling them for if they had any and he told me $44.xx , 50% off. So I headed there planning on doing the return/re-buy the next day method. So I returned the TOD and while browsing the store, I found a Garage at 50% off and a Duplo Farm set at 50% off for my daughter. They had other clearance still at 30% off, so I guess I lucked out on those 50s. I picked up a couple of the last Campers at 30% anyway - thats a pretty good price for that set. On my way to check out, I noticed a lineup of full carts with returns wating for restock by the trading card section at the end of the registers. My TOD return was in there, so I just grabbed it back and re-bought it for 50% off. They had other LEGOs in those carts too, but they were too buried. Just a heads up to check out those return carts people, that is where you'll find more deals. Just as long as you don't find something that I returned and planned to re-buy the next day LOL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back