LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='absolut3']Stopped by target to get some Halloween stuff on sale and saw bunch of Lego minifigs bunched with the Halloween stuff on sale for 50% off. Ymmv of course.[/QUOTE]

Target's system counted them as halloween stuff and thus they got marked down 50% to $1.49. Couldn't find any though at the two stores I checked.

Hagrid's Hut is only marked up $5 at Borders for a total of $45...used the 40% off coupon and got it for $27! Also got Quiditch set for $15 after coupon. My son saw a new box of series 2 minifigs in the checkout lane that still had the 3 Spartans in it...but $4 is just too much.

So who here has the most Spartans?

[quote name='180husher']Target's system counted them as halloween stuff and thus they got marked down 50% to $1.49. Couldn't find any though at the two stores I checked.

Hagrid's Hut is only marked up $5 at Borders for a total of $45...used the 40% off coupon and got it for $27! Also got Quiditch set for $15 after coupon. My son saw a new box of series 2 minifigs in the checkout lane that still had the 3 Spartans in it...but $4 is just too much.

So who here has the most Spartans?[/QUOTE]

I only got 4 in the box... plus the 5 I bought, and found 1 in another box.

so 10 total?

Don't ask about vampires or pharoahs.... I have at least 20 of each by now.

Lego Twilight here I come!

My kids and I play with (big, cumbersome) Duplo blocks regularly and the oldest is ready for Lego's. So, I want to build up the start of what will be a sizable Lego collection.

Can anyone recommend the best way to spend $100 to 200? Note that I'm not really interested in branded/character stuff and really don't need it by any certain date (like Christmas). I just want a wide selection of every kind of block/shapes at the cheapest price.

Is there a big annual sale to wait for, or a best piece-per-$ way to get bulk quantities?

Thanks

If you don't care about brand, then the cheapest ones are always going to be the sets with out a license. I really enjoy the Atlantis ones atm and coming up next year there going to release some really cool new themes. I really dislike World Racers, just because of the sheer amount of stickers those things have. If I had to choose, I would say just stick to City, I know a few guys here really like them here. I used to love them when I was kid just because there life like.

[quote name='Pucker']My kids and I play with (big, cumbersome) Duplo blocks regularly and the oldest is ready for Lego's. So, I want to build up the start of what will be a sizable Lego collection.

Can anyone recommend the best way to spend $100 to 200? Note that I'm not really interested in branded/character stuff and really don't need it by any certain date (like Christmas). I just want a wide selection of every kind of block/shapes at the cheapest price.

Is there a big annual sale to wait for, or a best piece-per-$ way to get bulk quantities?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Craigslist is probably best if you can find some, they usually go fast.

Prince if Persia and World City should be cheap soon.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Craigslist is probably best if you can find some, they usually go fast.

Prince if Persia and World City should be cheap soon.[/QUOTE]

I second craigslist and also want to throw in yard sales. Just ask for them if you don't see any around. Sometimes they just forget to bring them out.

Just saw that they started a new deal at Borders on sd....buy 100 gift card, get 20.00 coupon to use during december....not bad....should've waited husher. :)

[quote name='180husher']

[/QUOTE]

Ah, those were the last two Potter sets I needed. I'm done spending money on Legos until the Target Xmas clearance (unless that Alamut at Walmart drops).

I found a Target that clearanced the Hogwart's Express, but they were out of stock.

[quote name='Pucker']Is there a big annual sale to wait for, or a best piece-per-$ way to get bulk quantities?[/QUOTE]

It's often possible to find large lots on eBay within your price range. If I had the money to spend, that's the route I'd take for quickly amassing a(nother) large lego collection.

Husher, I need those sets too...think Borders is the best deal I'll find.

Another lego deal. Sorry for the blatant copying but I'm too tired to write it up in my own words....need to go to bed. Kudos to mbchris-@sd.

"Lego up to 35% off. Free shppping. Meijer has a handful of Lego sets on sale. Just look at the ones that don't mention Free Shipping (but shipping is actually free).

http://www.meijer.com/catalog/sea...yword=lego

For example:
LEGO Atlantis Neptune Carrier
Usually $59.99
Now $38.99
35% off

LEGO Star Wars Darth Vaders TIE Fighter
Usually $29.99
Now $21.99
27% off

LEGO Toy Story Buzzs Star Command
Usually $29.99
Now $20.99
35% off

Go to www.lego.com to see original prices.

No sales tax for many states just sweetens the deal. $25 giftcard for $150, $50 giftcard for $250 spend using code SPENDGC. Enjoy."

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Also found a whole box of minifigs at Target today.[/QUOTE]

What section were they in? Lego, trading cards, Halloween, Christmas?

[quote name='bigdaddy']What section were they in? Lego, trading cards, Halloween, Christmas?[/QUOTE]

In the Halloween section. Halloween section was nearly cleared out, so they must have just put them out. The other two Targets I stopped at had none.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']In the Halloween section. Halloween section was nearly cleared out, so they must have just put them out. The other two Targets I stopped at had none.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

If they were in a different section I would check it out. They probably found an extra box in the back and went "uh oh, forgot this Halloween stuff" and stuck it out.

$1.50 for minifigures isn't bad. Borders and $4 is insane.

Anyone know of any deals on the Powerminers Lavatraz set? I have a sudden urge to pick it up, but don't want to spend $50 on it.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone know of any deals on the Powerminers Lavatraz set? I have a sudden urge to pick it up, but don't want to spend $50 on it.[/QUOTE]
Oh shit! You're alive?!

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone know of any deals on the Powerminers Lavatraz set? I have a sudden urge to pick it up, but don't want to spend $50 on it.[/QUOTE]

Target has Lavatraz on sale this week for $37. It's showing on sale both online and in-store.

I also noticed the Target website is showing the Power Miners Cave Crusher (8708) in stock at $49.99. While it's at list price, it is a 2009 set so I figured someone might be interested.

My Toys R Us actually enforced the "regularly priced item" part of a 20% coupon I had today...good thing I didn't really want Public Transport for $64 that much. They usually let that stuff slide at mine.

If I had enough disposable income, I would have used it on the Cargo train to get it for $144...then with 10% rewards bonus, I would have gotten another $14 in TRU bucks. In a perfect world, I'd try to stack it with the $10 GC offer too lol.

Also, I went looking for the Target Dog GC, and found the endcap, but no cards. Hopefully it just hasn't been stocked yet...

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Oh shit! You're alive?![/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah ... I've been working on a political campaign the last month and a half, so it was crazy and took me away from my Legos ;) Well that and Minecraft ... all of you should check it out if you somehow haven't seen the billion stories on it. It actually has a very similar appeal to LEGOs except in a virtual world setting.

But yeah, back in the world of the living and Lego building now ... thanks for the tip about Target Clint, will check that out asap!

[quote name='180husher']Borders sent me an email with this 40% off one toy coupon:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/40kid20100411.html?cmpid=SA_20101104_2

Funny, the email shows a bunch of lego sets and their prices after the coupon...so they are encouraging us to use the coupons on legos.

Also says there is going to be a Lego party at Borders Sat. Nov. 6, 2:00 pm..."games, building activity, Atlantis giveaways, and more".[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Maybe Borders is trying to get into the LEGO business? They are really expanding the selection at the one near me, and even with the mark ups the prices are better than TRU.

Hi did anybody ever order from Brickarms.com? My son wants something from them. Curious if the weapons are good and worth it. Thanks, Mickey

[quote name='mickeyp']Hi did anybody ever order from Brickarms.com? My son wants something from them. Curious if the weapons are good and worth it. Thanks, Mickey[/QUOTE]

I've never ordered but I've seen there stuff on EB, it looks like top quality stuff and nobody bashes them but there a bit on the expensive side. Your out in New York right? If you are I think the toy fair is coming up soon, I don't know if they would set up a booth there or if they ever have but you can go that route too.

EDIT: I was looking through there forums and apparently there in Seattle right now@ BrickCon, I know a few CAGs that frequent here live up there.

Here is the link to there forum http://forums.brickarms.com/yaf_topics22_Coming-to-a-Lego-Show-Near-You.aspx

Now that the Halloween stuff has gone to 75% off, Target has started putting out the Christmas stocking stuffers. Today I found the SW mini X-Wing and World Racers Power Boat, plus some "midi"-fig flashlight keychains.
DPCIs:
X-Wing: 204-00-0251 $2.99
Power Boat: 204-00-0252 $3.99
"Midi"-Figure Keychain Flashlight: 204-07-0326 $6.99 (2 color variants: blue outfit with red arms or red outfit with blue arms)

No sign of the Bullseye LEGO dog gift card set that cutiepatootie mentioned.

Also received the Target Christmas toy catalog in the mail today (I think this was mentioned in an earlier post here, but here is a reminder).
Prices are good until 11/24: In-store $5 off coupon for :
HP Hagrid's Hut
City Advent Calendar
Atlantis Undersea Explorer
Cad Bane's Speeder
City House
TS3 Pizza Planet Truck
(Target.com code: TCHD1036)
Also $5 off Games:
Creationary
Ramses Pyramid
(Target.com code: TCHD1035)

I went to target yesterday and saw about 6 of those gift cards by the hallmark card section. The cashier said the minimum on it was $5 though.

[quote name='mickeyp']Hi did anybody ever order from Brickarms.com? My son wants something from them. Curious if the weapons are good and worth it. Thanks, Mickey[/QUOTE]

They are made the same way LEGOs are so the quality is top notch. I have never bought any, but have never heard anything bad about them. Hell with the way LEGO is going they are probably better matches to LEGOs than LEGO.

I've bought tons of stuff both from Brickarms and Brickforge. Both are made out of high quality ABS. Pricey for small pieces of plastic, but it's worth it to own a few things from them. Now, if your son loses them, then that's another story.

Interesting how all the Targets elsewhere are now getting the World Racers Powerboat when the Targets around me received theirs months ago.

Was anyone able to pick up Chrome Stormtroopers on TRU.COM yesterday for $2.99? I missed out! I would have ordered at least 10!

[quote name='encendido5']I went to target yesterday and saw about 6 of those gift cards by the hallmark card section. The cashier said the minimum on it was $5 though.[/QUOTE]

I found the Lego gift cards today. I got 2. Did not open them yet.

[quote name='yakkotank']TRU has the IJ Temple of Doom and Atlantis Sub for 30% off tonight and tomorrow morning....[/QUOTE]

In a future 2 day ad, the Temple of Doom set will be 40% off

Just a heads up, Barnes & Noble is running a B2G1 free on all games and toys. The local B&N had quite a few LEGOs, some older sets from City, newer SW sets, a few HP sets, most of the board games and also all of the Architecture series. All the sets are MSRP, unlike Borders, and the sale runs until Nov. 7th.

Yeah, Borders prices have become an absolute joke. It doesn't matter how good their coupons are when their largest Lego sets have a $15 to $20 markup. Once again Borders shows just how smart they are about retaining customers ...

[quote name='prim4444']In a future 2 day ad, the Temple of Doom set will be 40% off[/QUOTE]

How far in the future? ;) I bought one yesterday and I hope to get a price adjustment when it goes down more. Its funny because out of all the TRUs in my area, only one store had a TOD. Kind of a non-sale really, since stores didn't get any new stock for the ad. I saw that it "was" available online, but I don't know if it was ever in stock for the sale or not. Also scored a free Bricktober Black Falcon MF that was kind of hidden on a low shelf at the checkout lane. The cashier noticed it when she dropped some change on the floor and asked me if I wanted it! I was pleasantly surprised because I had previously been told that all the Bricktober stuff was completely sold out. :cool:

To anyone who has spotted the TS Jeep polybag impulse set at Target: what is the DPCI # ? All I know is it costs $3.99 and is either in seasonal or by the registers , just like the Fire Helicopter that I've seen everywhere, so I hope its not sharing the same DPCI with that. Because that would make it more difficult to track down.

BTW, I found the Bullseye LEGO dog gift card set finally. What a great stocking stuffer! I will post the DPCI later when I figure out where I left the receipt (assuming it has a DPCI that is).

Any good sales today or next week on LEGO Atlantis? I just received a personal one-time use coupon in the mail for 15% off any Atlantis LEGO set. It would be nice if I could stack it with an in-store or online Target deal. Thanks!

[quote name='Zepp-Head']How far in the future? ;) I bought one yesterday and I hope to get a price adjustment when it goes down more. Its funny because out of all the TRUs in my area, only one store had a TOD. Kind of a non-sale really, since stores didn't get any new stock for the ad. I saw that it "was" available online, but I don't know if it was ever in stock for the sale or not. Also scored a free Bricktober Black Falcon MF that was kind of hidden on a low shelf at the checkout lane. The cashier noticed it when she dropped some change on the floor and asked me if I wanted it! I was pleasantly surprised because I had previously been told that all the Bricktober stuff was completely sold out. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I believe it's the 11/19-11/20 ad.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']To anyone who has spotted the TS Jeep polybag impulse set at Target: what is the DPCI # ? All I know is it costs $3.99 and is either in seasonal or by the registers , just like the Fire Helicopter that I've seen everywhere, so I hope its not sharing the same DPCI with that. Because that would make it more difficult to track down.

BTW, I found the Bullseye LEGO dog gift card set finally. What a great stocking stuffer! I will post the DPCI later when I figure out where I left the receipt (assuming it has a DPCI that is).[/QUOTE]
I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to purchase the TS Jeep polybag for $3.99. You might as well get 7595 for $10.99 (Currently $9.99 on Amazon and $9.27 in select targets as a temporary markdown) and get the better looking jeep and more figs with accessories.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to purchase the TS Jeep polybag for $3.99. You might as well get 7595 for $10.99 (Currently $9.99 on Amazon and $9.27 in select targets as a temporary markdown) and get the better looking jeep and more figs with accessories.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jay - you just saved me some money. When I posted, I never had taken a look at the set. I had only read about it appearing at Target stores. I assumed it would be a nice jeep and unique army guy, but after reading your comment I looked it up on Brickset. You are right - the jeep looks like shite compared to the other one, and the figure is the same as in Army Men On Patrol. So I won't be needing that one after all, unless it makes it to the 75% off clearance at the end of the year.

If you wanted to amass a collection of army men that would be totally the wrong way to go but as a collector I wouldn't mind having a few Polybags.

I haven't seen them at any Target store either, I've only seen the red Heli and I think they could have made the set a little better.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Picked up the mini X-wing in the christmas section at Target.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they have those for Easter or was it Christmas last year?

[quote name='skiizim']$4[/QUOTE]

Hmm...interesting. I wonder if Target is messing with the pricing for the X-Wing/boat polys. I saw both of those at my local Target for $2.99 each (also in the Christmas section). They were in big piles in shallow, orange cardboard bins against the wall. Didn't see them anywhere else in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back