Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for everyone here:

Is the Starter pack for $32.00 through Best Buy(& GCU) the lowest it has been? I've been slowing picking them up as they have been on sale throughout the year, but haven't pulled the trigger on the Starter pack yet.

32 is still a lot to pay for just supergirl. What am i supposed to do with the rest of the extra starter pack? I've never sold anything on eBay. Will game stop give me anything for it?
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't even know if it would be worth selling on ebay or craigslist. I'd be fine just to get $20 back for selling the starter set. I'm tempted to spend $32 just for Supergirl and $40 just for Green Arrow at GS on Black Friday. My nerdy brain is telling me to do it, but my cheapassgamer gut is telling me to wait for individual figure releases. Opinions?

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't even know if it would be worth selling on ebay or craigslist. I'd be fine just to get $20 back for selling the starter set. I'm tempted to spend $32 just for Supergirl and $40 just for Green Arrow at GS on Black Friday. My nerdy brain is telling me to do it, but my cheapassgamer gut is telling me to wait for individual figure releases. Opinions?
The GS ad says "Free Green Arrow figure when you buy ANY Lego Dimensions product", so it doesn't sound like you need to buy the starter pack.

Is the Starter pack for $32.00 through Best Buy(& GCU) the lowest it has been? I've been slowing picking them up as they have been on sale throughout the year, but haven't pulled the trigger on the Starter pack yet.
I would jump on it. It rarely goes that low from what I have seen. I got mine months ago for $30 from Target using Cartwheel and price match, but that was just luck.

Yes, that is the lowest it has been.

I haven't kept up. Is Fantastic Beasts going to be on sale for BF? Looking for 30 or less hopefully.
Going to be on sale at Best Buy. The price is unknown.

I think Best Buy has a significantly better sale compared to other retailers. From what I can tell everything is on sale.

So even with shipping, the Five Below deal still seams pretty decent. I need 7 of the fun packs they have, and they're $43.23 shipped, which works out to $6.18/ea - which is 48% off.

Should I wait for black Friday, or pull the trigger on these ones that are in stock and grab other ones when they go on sale next week? It looks like Best Buy is a maximum 55% off, but could be lower... Any advice is welcome.

So even with shipping, the Five Below deal still seams pretty decent. I need 7 of the fun packs they have, and they're $43.23 shipped, which works out to $6.18/ea - which is 48% off.

Should I wait for black Friday, or pull the trigger on these ones that are in stock and grab other ones when they go on sale next week? It looks like Best Buy is a maximum 55% off, but could be lower... Any advice is welcome.
I suggest waiting because the store offered a previous promotion where you can get 2 sets for $5 (B1G1 Free).

The GS ad says "Free Green Arrow figure when you buy ANY Lego Dimensions product", so it doesn't sound like you need to buy the starter pack.
Oh man I'm definitely going to have to venture out of my house for once on Black Friday. Hopefully the deal is available online too, but that would probably be too good to be true.

Lego has free ship for VIP (its free)

No crowds and can get what I needed

Got myself for $5.99 each

wicked witch

zane ninjago

there is still available wonder woman, bart and a few others for $5.99.  besides that other types of sets are at regular price.

I want to buy  one level pack on BF, but I'm still indecisive, I know I want one that I like the IP.   Maybe Gremlins

I only own the starter and doc brown.

I hadn't seen it posted in the Black Friday deals, but Best Buy's Black Friday early access has the new Fantastic Beasts Story Pack for 30 dollars (40% off).  GCU does not stack for extra discount.  Various Level Packs (including sonic) are down from 30 to 20 (33%) and Team packs (including gremlins) are down from 25 to 15 (40%).  Fun Packs (including ET and FB) down from 12 to 8 (33%)

I hadn't seen it posted in the Black Friday deals, but Best Buy's Black Friday early access has the new Fantastic Beasts Story Pack for 30 dollars (40% off). GCU does not stack for extra discount. Various Level Packs (including sonic) are down from 30 to 20 (33%) and Team packs (including gremlins) are down from 25 to 15 (40%). Fun Packs (including ET and FB) down from 12 to 8 (33%)
hmmm the ad said up to 55%. anything at 55%?

I don't think it was mentioned here, but Toys R Us has all fun packs, including the ones that just came out, 3 for 19.98 with free shipping. You have to use promo code BLACKFRIDAY. That comes out to $6.66 apiece, so not bad.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=137336nov16&keywords=137336nov16&origkw=137336nov16&sr=1&ppg=96
Hmm might as well pickup the TRU exclusive Jay and Marceline. Is Jay a permanent TRU exclusive or does no one else want to sell ninjago crap?

hmmm the ad said up to 55%. anything at 55%?

Not that I saw, but I wasn't looking explicitly for older stuff. I hadn't really seen any BF ads for anything other then starter sets. Return window is until Jan 15th, so I simply ordered all the wave 7 stuff. If better prices come along, (or not) I can still return them. I don't know if anywhere will reach the 60% off that BB had early this month though.

Hmm might as well pickup the TRU exclusive Jay and Marceline. Is Jay a permanent TRU exclusive or does no one else want to sell ninjago crap?
I didn't know about Marceline; it was just a week ago when I had to do a buy 3/return 2 to get Jay.

these things are like, barely cheaper than full price with GCU for the most part

I wanted to get the Gremsters >: (
It's looking like Toys R Us of all places has the best deal this week - 3 for $20 on fun packs and 50% off team and level packs.

Walmart is technically $1 cheaper on Level packs at $14/ea.

Please post if you know of better prices on anything, but this seems like the best we've got.

I'd argue that GS is the best for the team or level packs. At $15/$20 plus Green Arrow that seems like the best deal if you are only looking for 1 or 2 of those.

I'd argue that GS is the best for the team or level packs. At $15/$20 plus Green Arrow that seems like the best deal if you are only looking for 1 or 2 of those.
Ah, good point. So if you need more than that, snag one at GameStop so you get the free Green Arrow, and then get the rest at TRU/WalMart.

It's looking like Toys R Us of all places has the best deal this week - 3 for $20 on fun packs and 50% off team and level packs.

Walmart is technically $1 cheaper on Level packs at $14/ea.

Please post if you know of better prices on anything, but this seems like the best we've got.
Yeah, I guess I'll get Marceline, Mr. T, and... Something else from TRU.

Too bad the team/level stuff isn't live early, I'd just go ahead and get Gremmies, Adventure Time, and maybe Mission Improbable or something.

Ah, good point. So if you need more than that, snag one at GameStop so you get the free Green Arrow, and then get the rest at TRU/WalMart.
Yeah, I'm looking at grabbing a HP team pack at GameStop to get Green Arrow. I imagine those will be flying out of the doors on Friday and out of stock pretty fast. Too bad nobody's offering a similar deal for Supergirls.

I missed the $32 start pack BB deal. Is it coming back for BF? Wanna buy it for extended family but have to manage the budget so that pretty much my limit.

I hadn't seen it posted in the Black Friday deals, but Best Buy's Black Friday early access has the new Fantastic Beasts Story Pack for 30 dollars (40% off). GCU does not stack for extra discount. Various Level Packs (including sonic) are down from 30 to 20 (33%) and Team packs (including gremlins) are down from 25 to 15 (40%). Fun Packs (including ET and FB) down from 12 to 8 (33%)
Thanks for this! This is kind of disappointing as I had planned to use some certificates to pay for these packs. Maybe Amazon will show up with a good deal?

Side note, I am possibly looking at getting a few fun packs from TRU since they are pretty cheap. Any recommendations for someone who only has the Superman and Wonder Woman fun packs and nothing else? Basically looking for the most useful/fun character abilities. I tried to research it but many of the lists out there aren't updated for anything beyond wave 2.

Thanks for this! This is kind of disappointing as I had planned to use some certificates to pay for these packs. Maybe Amazon will show up with a good deal?

Side note, I am possibly looking at getting a few fun packs from TRU since they are pretty cheap. Any recommendations for someone who only has the Superman and Wonder Woman fun packs and nothing else? Basically looking for the most useful/fun character abilities. I tried to research it but many of the lists out there aren't updated for anything beyond wave 2.
You get all 4 A-Team characters with that pack.

Slimer and Wicked Witch both combine several useful abilities into one character. Good for swapping less often.

Cragger and Unikitty both do something that no other character can do, so you need them for 100% unless you can hire a hero at all of those locations (not sure you can).

I've found Stay-Puft and Cyborg to be pretty useless.

Slimer and Wicked Witch both combine several useful abilities into one character. Good for swapping less often.

Cragger and Unikitty both do something that no other character can do, so you need them for 100% unless you can hire a hero at all of those locations (not sure you can).

I've found Stay-Puft and Cyborg to be pretty useless.
You don't need Unikitty now for 100% if you have Lumpy Space Princess.

Since you need BMO's unique ability, you need to get Adventure Time Team Pack which includes LSP and also Jake, the new abilities king.

Since you need BMO's unique ability, you need to get Adventure Time Team Pack which includes LSP and also Jake, the new abilities king.
That's what I get for buying those Adventure Time packs and not opening them yet...

That's what I get for buying those Adventure Time packs and not opening them yet...
I got the Adventure Time packs and actually started watching the show to get a sense of where the characters come from. Seemed pretty odd/weird, but then I remember Ren & Stimpy...haha yeah it has nothing on that pair.

Either way, I knew Unikitty wasn't needed anymore, but I couldn't pass up on her Lego figure and vehicle. All the Lego movie figures just Awesome

Quick question. I'm getting my son lego universe. I know some of the characters we don't allow my kids to watch the cartoons of. How much of the show influences the game? I.e. Does Bart and homer have a foul mouth? Or do they keep it kid appropriate?

Quick question. I'm getting my son lego universe. I know some of the characters we don't allow my kids to watch the cartoons of. How much of the show influences the game? I.e. Does Bart and homer have a foul mouth? Or do they keep it kid appropriate?
The entire game is very kid appropriate. No foul mouths. Bart doesn't even talk In the game.

FWIW, LEGO Universe is not the same thing as LEGO Dimensions.

But, yes, everything LEGO is basically very kid-friendly. They even aired a LEGO Jurassic World movie on cable recently where no one dies or is even seriously injured.

Any recommendations for someone who only has the Superman and Wonder Woman fun packs and nothing else? Basically looking for the most useful/fun character abilities. I tried to research it but many of the lists out there aren't updated for anything beyond wave 2.
Cyberman and Wicked Witch. Based on what you already have, though, you should seriously consider getting some characters of different licenses rather than just focusing on abilities. Each character from a different world/license unlocks an entire open world section to that franchise. I can easily spend hours having fun in each world.

We haven't even beaten the main game yet since every time I play I end up wanting to check out a different world.

Cyberman and Wicked Witch. Based on what you already have, though, you should seriously consider getting some characters of different licenses rather than just focusing on abilities. Each character from a different world/license unlocks an entire open world section to that franchise. I can easily spend hours having fun in each world.

We haven't even beaten the main game yet since every time I play I end up wanting to check out a different world.
Yeah I've actually just considered buying the level packs to get access to an additional level/world rather than focusing on abilities since I don't know that I'll actually try and collect everything. There's a few properties I have no attachment to that buying characters from them just to collect a minikit or gold brick feels like a waste of money.

so annoying, was planning to get the PS4 Starter Pack at Gamestop to get Green Arrow, but the description doesn't say it has Supergirl >_<

bread's done
Back