Lego Star Wars II - General Discussion - Demo on XBL now

[quote name='deadite76']For those who care the MP has the character set available for DL at 200 pts.[/quote]
Hell YES!!! I'm there. Thank you deadite76

EDIT:
Are they readily available after purchase or do you have to buy a code at the cantina to unlock them?

EDIT2: Been informed by deadite76 that they are available automatically under free play.

I really really loved the demo. The characters have just a ton of personality, and it's kind of a throwback to old school platformers. That and flattening Jawas with my landspeeder. That was awesome.

[quote name='Logain8955']I really really loved the demo. The characters have just a ton of personality, and it's kind of a throwback to old school platformers. That and flattening Jawas with my landspeeder. That was awesome.[/quote]

Yeah, it's definitely light-hearted and if you are a Star Wars fan it's quite fun to play through everything in Lego form. It's not the best game ever but it's one of the best this year, IMO.

I love the demo, but I can't see myself paying more than $30 for this game. Guess I'll just sit and wait for a nice price drop. hehe

I think the game is pretty average but does take good advantage of the lego and star wars license. Fun to play co-op if you are not in a vehcile level.

Do you HAVE to buy the characters? I thought I could just port them from Lego Star Wars if I beat that game on my 360 (via BC).. or is that just other versions?

Or am I just making shit up?

[quote name='Scorch']Do you HAVE to buy the characters? I thought I could just port them from Lego Star Wars if I beat that game on my 360 (via BC).. or is that just other versions?

Or am I just making shit up?[/quote]

The porting of characters is only on XBOX, PS2, and GC. Even then you have to purchase the code to unlock them via the cantina.

On the X360 you buy them on the marketplace and they are unlocked, no need to go through cantina.

Has anyone else had the game lock up on the very last mission of Episode IV? Rebel Attack?

I was flying around and the entire game locked up, just sitting there. Opening the tray wouldn't return me to the system menu. I had to shut the unit off...

Edit: Tried again and everything went fine. This game is very glitchy in parts.

OK, I finished the main game and now all that is left is to collect everything. Is it worth it? It seems like it will take forever.

Is there an easy way to collect lego pieces? The minikit detector is freaking 500,000 and there are three characters that are 1,000,000!! Also, the no-death achievements are next to impossible on some levels like the vehicle ones and the ones where you fight Darth Vader. Any tips?

[quote name='javeryh']OK, I finished the main game and now all that is left is to collect everything. Is it worth it? It seems like it will take forever.

Is there an easy way to collect lego pieces? The minikit detector is freaking 500,000 and there are three characters that are 1,000,000!! Also, the no-death achievements are next to impossible on some levels like the vehicle ones and the ones where you fight Darth Vader. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

You don't really need the minikit detector if you don't want to waste your lego studs on it. If you're really hard up for them, go find a guide. You can get the no death achievements with the ghost characters (who can't be hit, but can die on pits), but they're a million or more each. If you're going to go completist like I did, save up for the 2x multiplier first. The multipliers are cumulative, so it gets really easy to buy everything toward the end.

Good luck!

That's a good tip on buying the multiplier. Thanks.

Has anyone tried the bonus missions in Episode IV? The Super Story, I'm guessing, is just going through all of Episode IV in one sitting right? And the Mos Eisley side mission: any suggestions on how to do it in 5 minutes. First run through and it took me about 10 minutes to get 1,000,000 studs.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']You don't really need the minikit detector if you don't want to waste your lego studs on it. If you're really hard up for them, go find a guide. You can get the no death achievements with the ghost characters (who can't be hit, but can die on pits), but they're a million or more each. If you're going to go completist like I did, save up for the 2x multiplier first. The multipliers are cumulative, so it gets really easy to buy everything toward the end.

Good luck![/quote]

That's a good idea about the multiplier except the 10x one is 30,000,000 studs! I have about 250,000 studs saved right now and I noticed that making a trip around the outside of the cantina can get 20,000 easy except you have to then go start a mission and exit out to get everything to reset. It's probably faster to do that 5 or 6 times than to play through an entire mission and get 80,000 or so. I'm saving for a ghost character so I can at least get the achievements for the non-vehicle levels. I wish I hadn't wasted all of my studs on the characters just while I was playing through.

The 10X multiplier was actually the easiest one to get, took a lot less time than the others.

If you're looking to get studs, I'd recommend saving up your money for the 2X multiplier, I think it's only 1 million, maybe 2. On top of getting you more studs it makes getting True Jedi easier, which also counts towards overall game completion. I actually don't remember it being too hard getting to 1 million, even before I bought the multiplier, maybe three or four levels worth if you destroy everything. The first level in particular was pretty good since the walls were destructable and there was a 'big bounty hunter only' area.

Super story is just story mode but with all the missions tied together and 60 minute completion being the goal. This was actually the most annoying thing in the game, even moreso than getting the undefeated achievements for the vehicle levels, because you can't save and you can't skip the cut scenes so it's already an hour + commitment, and on top of that it's surprisingly tough to run through all the levels in 60 minutes. The kicker was than you can't enable any extras, so no invincibility and no fast build/fast force. The weird thing is that I remember having a bitch of a time trying to clear the ROTJ super story, and I took just a minute or two over an hour and I still got credit for it(It was the last thing I needed to get 100% completion and the achivement), so I'm not sure if the time limit is necessary.

For the Mos Eisley bonus mission, buy the invincivility cheat and play as a bounty hunter so you can user grenades and blow up the silver tanks, Greedo is supposed to be the best since he's the fastest. Just run around and ignore the enemies and concentrate on blowing up the tanks.

Basically, if you buy invincibility, fast force, the minikit detector and 2X multiplier , going back to collect minikits, studs and to achieve 'true jedi' will be a ton easier. You can't use any extras for undefeated achievements though, or the super story missions. Score multipliers won't work in the character bonus missions either but the others should.

BTW, if you get all 99 golden bricks you'll be able to build a oil well-type thing outside the cantina that shoots out infinite lego studs. That's how you're supposed get all the ridiculously expensive items like the more expensive multipliers and extras. After that it's easy, but ridiculously mindless(think 30 minutes of jumping around a free flowing spigot).

[quote name='sanjuro']BTW, if you get all 99 golden bricks you'll be able to build a oil well-type thing outside the cantina that shoots out infinite lego studs. That's how you're supposed get all the ridiculously expensive items like the more expensive multipliers and extras. After that it's easy, but ridiculously mindless(think 30 minutes of jumping around a free flowing spigot).[/quote]

Holly crap! That would be an easy way to buy everything. But collecting the 99 gold bricks is a pain. I beat the game and I barely have less than 50.

Wow awesome tips, thanks. I think I might play this one a little more since I do like the game. I'm at 57.6% and I planned on playing until the 60% achievement but after reading you rpost I think I can get a lot more.

Any tips on beating the vehicle levels without dying? Those are going to be the toughest achievements for me to get...

Wow, thanks for that post sanjuro. I'll have to focus on getting the gold bricks then. I think I'm at...let me see...12. I've only had the chance to play through Episode IV so far.

It's actually much more attainable than it looks. You get gold bricks for going back and getting True Jedi for story and free play, for getting all 10 minikits in a level and doing the three bonus missions in each episode. There's also like 10 or maybe less gold bricks for sale at the cantina that gradually escalate in price, in the beggining they're pretty affordable. Which reminds me, if you guys are a couple of percentages away from a '% complete' achievement, you can try buying cheap($$$) characters, extras and gold bricks. You need to buy everything at the cantina to get 100%.

I forgot to mention, if you buy all the bounty hunter characters you unlock bounty hunter missions that are located inside the cantina, by Jabba the Hutt. I think there's 10 of them and you get an achievement for finishing them, they're pretty easy. You get 3 minutes to track down a character inside a stage, it very vaguely resembles something like 'where's waldo'. I don't remember if you get bricks for beating them though.

As far as the vehicle missions, there's not really much advice I can give. Doing loops(not so much barrel rolls, but those help too) was integral to surviving, and don't be afraid to back track to pick up hearts or torpedoes. The Millenium Falcon has a cool secondary gun at the rear that shoots by itself if you're close enough to a target, that came in really handy in the next to last part of the second Death Star mission in ROTJ where you have to blow up the targets around the wall of the reactor thing. Oh yeah, turning off 'adaptive difficulty' in the extras makes it a lot easier.

[quote name='javeryh']Wow awesome tips, thanks. I think I might play this one a little more since I do like the game. I'm at 57.6% and I planned on playing until the 60% achievement but after reading you rpost I think I can get a lot more.

Any tips on beating the vehicle levels without dying? Those are going to be the toughest achievements for me to get...[/QUOTE]

The TIE Interceptor is great for these levels as well, though that means buying it and winning in Free Play mode.

So which power brick unlocks what? I am not allowed to buy any of the multipliers (except the 10x). I need to know which level to go find the power brick in...

The red brick for the 2X multiplier is in the first X-Wing Death Star level. It's in the very last section of the level with the reactor, after the trench. It's hidden in a small passageway, I think in the lower right hand corner of the general 'square' area.

1166820716.jpg

In order to unlock Santa Claus as a playable character, you have to follow these steps:

Step 1: At the Mos Eisley Cantina, enter the following two codes:

CL4U5H (for Santa hat and red clothes)

TYH319 (for white beard Extra)

Step 2: Go to the Character Customizer and create the proper costume. Use a human head, the appropriate red clothing...and don't forget the red cap! Santa can wield the weapon of your choice -- we recommend the green or red lightsaber to seasonally complement his shiny red duds. (Remember, the color of his lightsaber decides whether his Force powers are naughty or nice.)

Step 3: In the Extras menu, activate Disguise 3.

Step 4: Enter the character-based level of your choice in Free Play.

Step 5: Spread holiday cheer to a galaxy in pieces.
1166820715.jpg
1166820681.jpg
1166820682.jpg

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12483/Santa-Claus-Is-Comin-to-LEGO-Star-Wars-II/

This is definately one of the best xmas game stuff I've seen (aside from Ho Ho Ho DLC for Saints Row)

Haha...nice. That character is saved in the little area next to the bar right so I can pull him up anytime? I'll have to do that later. Haven't played the game in a while...got annoyed with the Dagobah level.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Basically, if you buy invincibility, fast force, the minikit detector and 2X multiplier , going back to collect minikits, studs and to achieve 'true jedi' will be a ton easier. You can't use any extras for undefeated achievements though, or the super story missions. Score multipliers won't work in the character bonus missions either but the others should.

quote]

I am trying to go thru to get playing each level without dying in free play mode. Can I use the 2x multiplier or is that considered one of the extra's that needs to be turned off?

It's been a while since I played it but I'm pretty sure all extras had to be off, unfortunately.

You're probably aware of these, but if you're having trouble here are two tips.

1. Go to the extras menu and turn off adaptive difficulty(it's on by default), it should make it a bit easier.

2. If you don't mind cheesing it a little you can just buy a ghost character and play through the level with them, they're pretty much invincible although they can still die if you fall off an edge.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's been a while since I played it but I'm pretty sure all extras had to be off, unfortunately.

You're probably aware of these, but if you're having trouble here are two tips.

1. Go to the extras menu and turn off adaptive difficulty(it's on by default), it should make it a bit easier.

2. If you don't mind cheesing it a little you can just buy a ghost character and play through the level with them, they're pretty much invincible although they can still die if you fall off an edge.[/quote]

thanks, i am being cheesy and going thru with the ghost character...i liked the game, but i really didn't want to have to go thru it multiple times to get all/most of the achievements...oh well

I have just completed both SW and ESBand the first chapeter of ROTJ.

It would appear I should bemore than 2/3 done, yet it says I am only 28% done. Can someone explain?

well you have to go thru the game in story mode, then go thru it in free play mode, you have to collect all the red bricks, all the canisters, you need to buy all the extra's, all the characters, all the tips and do lego city to get 100%

Yesterday my son and I were playing the super story for Return of the Jedi. In Episode 4, it froze. Well, I thought it was a fluke type deal and tried it again to today and froze in almost the same spot. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

[quote name='Dante Devil']Yesterday my son and I were playing the super story for Return of the Jedi. In Episode 4, it froze. Well, I thought it was a fluke type deal and tried it again to today and froze in almost the same spot. Anyone have any idea what it might be?[/quote]

It's a glitch relating to it. Did you update it? Because I geuss they patched it. Mine didn't freeze on it.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']It's a glitch relating to it. Did you update it? Because I geuss they patched it. Mine didn't freeze on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. How do I update it? There is no extra content to download. Where do I go?

[quote name='Corvin']If you are connected to Live it will prompt you immediately after you boot up the game.[/QUOTE]

My system is connected to live. My disk might be imperfect or something. Thanks

bread's done
Back