Lets be real...can you still support SONY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarienW']exactly... so why are you people bashing it? trashing something without seeing it in action is as bad as praising it without seeing it in action.[/QUOTE]

Well bashing is one thing facts are another, you say your system is one thing and then you change it? You take things away,dont add things that are substantial what do you expect? At the same time you cant praise something you havent played either so its really null. Today the kiosks are out, play it,film it,post it on youtube for intensive purposes...then we shall talk

[quote name='depascal22']How did they secure the controllers? Can you still move them around to get the full experience?[/QUOTE]

A chain or a bodygaurd perhaps

body.jpg

Ok, i do feel dirty for posting in this thread, but, I heard one thing that perked my ears. few people were wondering why all forums get saturated with wii wiis' and m$ people, or are just wondering why they cant find any good news on the ps3.

Well i think their is a answer. I think that this does show that alot of people have their doubts about sony. At first it may have seemed like a sure fire thing, and sony was absolute. But now many people are being turned away from the ps3 and this is why good sony forums are hard to find. Its because people who are going to buy the ps3 is in the minority at the moment. I don’t think sony will do well this time around. I will tell you why.

ground zero- I wont lie, I will be getting a wii and only a wii, but i dont hate sony , (but they are very hard not too). And i wont lie that i do hate m$, and i will explain that too. I wanted a ps3, but i was hopeing for something without blue ray, or a hard drive, or any of that other junk. What i wanted was a ps2 that could play ps3 games. thats not going to happen. I wanted a good system for a good price, thus I went with wii, and why i think that judging from the buzz, it will eventualy have the best 3rd party games.

1 Sony is loosing money on every ps3 someone buys. The price to make it is greater then the price too buy it. This means they have to make ALL their money on the games, and controllers ect. The games are vital to thier strategy. Nintendo btw will be making money every console sold. so while if they do not get the most games, they will still have made a profit on the system itself, and thus is less of a risk.

2 sony, becuse of the price and lack of units made, will have a hard time convincing 3rd party game makers, the very ones who make devil my cry, mgs, and others, that they should stick around. right now sony will live or die by 3rd party games that are on its system, but if they cant sell enough units, 3rd party game makers who will be making exclusive games will loose confidence that the ps3 market will sell enuff games to make a profit and move over to the 360 or the wii for something fresh.

3 what really hurts is that a poll was taken about Japanese game developers, and it turns out, about 70% of them are exited to make games for the wii, while not so much on the ps3, and really not so much on the 360. This is also a blow to the ps3, as it rests on awsome 3rd party games. I beleave that better games are made when the creators are interested in making that game. if game makers are going to have fun makeing games for the wii... that means it will have a strong 3rd games to support it and breath life into it.

ok.... cool i spoke my peace... now to bash the xbox... ahhhahaha

red ring of death. need i say more? if i go on the internet right now, i can find many threads about the red ring of death. Many people on their 4th xbox. NO new versions of the xbox have been made. As i know of it, the overheating problem has been fixed, but the rrod is still prevalent. How can i be confadent to get a 360, when in the back of my mind i am fearfull it will die. This happened on the xbox too. How does Microsoft except educated buyers to get a 360 if they dont have confadicne in the hardware. Its really something i wouldn’t risk.

now for something completely different.

I remember the snes well. I thought it was unstoppable but things change, and because of their deal with Sony for the snes cd upgrade that Nintendo backed out of, sony made the ps. Basically the play station we love, was created indirectly because of mistakes Nintendo made. Now the ps2 dominates and rules supreme. But i don’t think the ps3 has what it takes. I am a purist gamer. I spend my gaming money on a game system. In my view a the ps3 is a computer, not a console. Same goes for xbox. I think they have forgotten what games are. I am also not going to buy a 600 system when i can get something was built from the ground up to be fun with that philosophy embedded into its core. It’s also half the price.

Im not saying that sonys ps3 will suck as a system. I would be stupid to say that. I think the graphics will be awesome, I think it will have some unbeatable games, they may even get that six axis thing under control.. hahah, and blue ray may beat out hd. But even if it does beat out hd, if the price doesn’t drop, they wont win the war. The ps2 won because it was a cheap dvd player. The idea that the ps3 will win because its a cheap blue ray wont work toward their advantage until after the format is well established and that may even be until the ps4. the sp2 one the game market as well because it was the most prevalent system. I am betting that more people will own a wii because of its price and they will win the 3rd party game battle.

If sony cant clearly sell more units then a wii, They might loose their selling titles, making it even harder to out sell the wii.

ah xbox, i rest my cold eyes on you. It seems alot of us hope this or that about the xbox, and while it does well in the us. It doesn’t do well in Japan and if it can cross this hurdle, i don’t think it will last. What once were failing pc game studios, are now thriving xbox game studios. This is how i think the xbox has thrived in the us. They picked up many developers, but Japan still isent biting. Sony holds alot of that market, but if they cant sell the system, they cant sell the games.

I think Nintendo may come ahead for once. I think that they have positioned themselves in a very nice place. They pick up the cheap ass gamers with the price, add completely different way to play games, and you have a position were they will sell more units and get the 3rd party games in tern and also pull in still more 3rd party game developers who miry want to try out making a completely different game.... …

I would jus like to end, saying that i am not a Nintendo fan boy, yes i am a zelda fanboy, but i never got a cube. I loved the ps2, and really wanted a ps3, but it was too much junk and i want a game system, not a universal entertainment system. I think i would have gone with a ps3 though if it was 350 or such. I feel that xbox has sucky games and they know nothing but graphics, and i think that if the ps3 is anything like the psp, that they wont support it because its too much work. By that i mean, making sure thier are plenty of blue ray movies while at the same time plenty of games. Something is got to give, and i dont want to end up with a blue ray player.

Who knows though, sony may pull it off, but they are going to have a rocky road until they can lower that price. Right now, everything is against them, but if they pull through it would be amazing. I have been known to be wrong though. I thought the xbox would fail flat out, I didn’t expect it to be a medium for pc developers to jump into the console market, and I didn’t think so many people liked sports games....:whistle2:k

I was an early adopter on the PS1 and, while I won't go into the various stories and whatnot like before, I got mostly burned by Sony when it came to the whole disc reading fiasco. It's a long story but, to make things short, they were real bastards about their warranty (ie: you're definitely covered but please pay $50 shipping and $150 in repair fees so we can fix your PS1!). Yup, good customer service there.

As such I waited on the PS2 while my brother jumped on it fairly quickly. Surprise, surprise, some ways in it also has disc reading issues. Once again, same old Sony schpiel with the same warranty and all of that. What a shocker. What did I do? Oh, I waited a few years, picked up a used PS2 for $15 after selling and trading in the rest of the garbage that came with it, and the thing runs like a dream. Much later model, sold by a college student who had to make his rent, nice deal indeed. It's been over a year of constant use and not the slightest hiccup whatsoever.

So will we be buying a PS3 out of the gate? Hell no. Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us. Combine that with the PS3 not being able to play PS1 or PS2 imports and there's no reason for me to pick it up save for PS3-specific games. If I could get rid of, say, my PS1s and PS2 then I'd consider it (although I would buy a model in a year and a half or so) but, with no PS3 games striking me as interesting or "must-own", I really don't care.

Besides, I can wait years on a new system. If I really have to rent a specific game and play it I'll just rent the system locally. For a whopping $15 I can borrow a system for a few days as well as a game? Sign me up. Sure, maybe I'm "losing" money in the long run if I end up renting a handful of games but how can I justify a $700 expenditure [$600 for system, a bit extra for a game or three] that I will only use infrequently rather than $45 or $60 to cover the few games I would like to play over the course of a year?

Sometimes saving money and being frugal involves not spending a dime on something that isn't necessary rather than saving 90% and having something that sits on a shelf or in an entertainment system.

right now I will start saving for a PS3.. launch systems ever since the Dreamcast launch has had hardware issues.. this way I get a PS3 around next fall, maybe there will be a price drop by then.. and by then there will be a more of selection of games.

Now that its out and played it i still say $600 watste of money if bought now with the games that are out. Prediction was right so eat it, ah where is my favorite posters when i need them ;)

My Gamestop pre-order came through so I'll be getting it Friday morning. It's worth it to me because there are a good amount games I want for it that are coming out at launch or within the next 1-2 months. Will I be able to afford all of them? Hell no. Whoever came up with this $60 game thing should die, but I'll find a way to get the ones that I want the most.

I hate that there are two versions of the PS3. While the differences aren't as great as the different 360's. It just ticks me off that those 20 gig models could have been addition 60 gig models. I'll be giving up my place on the preorder list so that my brother can get the 60 gig model he wants for his family. I'll now settle for a 20 gig to sell on Ebay. Things did not go according to plan, but hey you got to make the most out of your situation.

Lets be real...can you still support THIS THREAD?

With everything we know now from Daddy lies to missing brain cells and acute 360 fanboyism does anyone think THIS THREAD will end up in a good position? I STILL cant understand why everyone who wants this thread is happy about Daddy being included...I mean its a combo electronic device (BIG NO-NO) if your thread breaks then your Daddy is broken too...who the hell buys this thread? Old people do.....thats about it

[quote name='Apossum']Lets be real...can you still support THIS THREAD?

With everything we know now from Daddy lies to missing brain cells and acute 360 fanboyism does anyone think THIS THREAD will end up in a good position? I STILL cant understand why everyone who wants this thread is happy about Daddy being included...I mean its a combo electronic device (BIG NO-NO) if your thread breaks then your Daddy is broken too...who the hell buys this thread? Old people do.....thats about it[/quote]

i agree..I think this guy was brain washed just by the way he talks..

[quote name='Apossum']Lets be real...can you still support THIS THREAD?

With everything we know now from Daddy lies to missing brain cells and acute 360 fanboyism does anyone think THIS THREAD will end up in a good position? I STILL cant understand why everyone who wants this thread is happy about Daddy being included...I mean its a combo electronic device (BIG NO-NO) if your thread breaks then your Daddy is broken too...who the hell buys this thread? Old people do.....thats about it[/QUOTE]

AHHAHA, that was witty of you, but fact remains a disappointing launch and a line-up of games delayed and a price tag to make you cringe for the holidays. After your $1000 present to yourself right by x-mas time I guess youll be getting everyone else cards not presents..lol

[quote name='whoknows']Remember when Bill Gates said Halo 3 would be released at PS3 launch? Where is it?[/QUOTE]

Hanging out in a warehouse with a billion PS3 systems that aren't coming out on Friday.

a coutdown, sweet. let's end this complete failure of a thread and forget it ever existed.

[quote name='Daddy']AHHAHA, that was witty of you, but fact remains a disappointing launch and a line-up of games delayed and a price tag to make you cringe for the holidays. After your $1000 present to yourself right by x-mas time I guess youll be getting everyone else cards not presents..lol[/QUOTE]

You know....I don't even care about the system warz.

[quote name='whoknows']Remember when Bill Gates said Halo 3 would be released at PS3 launch? Where is it?[/quote]

It's now called Gears of War. :booty: ;)

[quote name='Daddy']AHHAHA, that was witty of you, but fact remains a disappointing launch and a line-up of games delayed and a price tag to make you cringe for the holidays. After your $1000 present to yourself right by x-mas time I guess youll be getting everyone else cards not presents..lol[/quote]

what a moronic statement...

[quote name='DJSteel']what a moronic statement...[/QUOTE]

comes as no surprise

[quote name='Maynard']94

daddy get 4 guys together we'll fucking spank you in GoW anyday.[/QUOTE]

Sweet ill take competition over arguements anyday, I was hoping you would accept! ill have to send you a request via xbox.com.

As for anyone elses posts, i dont exactly see ANY stellar reviews on games and then the ones like resistance have some half assed review saying its "ok" or "typical yet good" whats that crap about? Oblivion is pushed back as well so what you get COD3 and pay $600? Again if your gonna have an arguement back it up at this point its an EBAY item or a doorstop and i was right like I said, and backed up, and now can justify.

The way i see it, Thier are many threads about the wii and how much fun it will be, but i have yet to see a thread were someone is genuinly exited about the ps3. But i have seen many threads that ask advice about selling thier pre order. I think that shows something profound about the ps3 that we shale see the result of later on.

(dis my spelling and i have won this argument)

[quote name='Daddy']As for anyone elses posts, i dont exactly see ANY stellar reviews on games and then the ones like resistance have some half assed review saying its "ok" or "typical yet good" whats that crap about? Oblivion is pushed back as well so what you get COD3 and pay $600? Again if your gonna have an arguement back it up at this point its an EBAY item or a doorstop and i was right like I said, and backed up, and now can justify.[/quote]

IGN.com Resistance Review - 9.1 - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745206p1.html

NHL 2k7 got an 8.6 and Ridge Racer 7 got an 8.2

at Launch there was only one title got consistently a great score.. Call of Duty 2...

[quote name='White-Wolf']The way i see it, Thier are many threads about the wii and how much fun it will be, but i have yet to see a thread were someone is genuinly exited about the ps3. But i have seen many threads that ask advice about selling thier pre order. I think that shows something profound about the ps3 that we shale see the result of later on.

(dis my spelling and i have won this argument)[/QUOTE]

In terms of sucking, your spelling is only trumped by your post.

This thread is several nanoseconds away from a cat pic deluge, I fear.

[quote name='DJSteel']IGN.com Resistance Review - 9.1 - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745206p1.html

NHL 2k7 got an 8.6 and Ridge Racer 7 got an 8.2

at Launch there was only one title got consistently a great score.. Call of Duty 2...[/QUOTE]

The IGN resistance score is bullshit the reader average is at 7...when was the last time it was that far off? No online co-op? IGN is always on SONY's jock and this is retarded, play it for yourself its so average it hurts. Again until there the online is their this game cant even honestly be reviewed, hell you cant even review it b/c the network wont even be flooded considering how many units will be available. I still laugh at the japanese #'s showing less than 1 game sold per console. As for your last line what are you referring to 360?

[quote name='Daddy']The IGN resistance score is bullshit the reader average is at 7...when was the last time it was that far off? No online co-op? IGN is always on SONY's jock and this is retarded, play it for yourself its so average it hurts. Again until there the online is their this game cant even honestly be reviewed, hell you cant even review it b/c the network wont even be flooded considering how many units will be available. I still laugh at the japanese #'s showing less than 1 game sold per console. As for your last line what are you referring to 360?[/quote]
Just like you are on Xbox's jock and that your perspective is bullshit.. thanks for proving that point...the game isn't out publically so how could you even consider the readers review...

[quote name='mykevermin']In terms of sucking, your spelling is only trumped by your post.

This thread is several nanoseconds away from a cat pic deluge, I fear.[/quote]

Thank you for your oh so kind words. I’m glad that you agree with my post by insulting my spelling instead of actually addressing it.

Very witty though :), it does a good job avoiding the question/statement.

But why are there not many threads about how the ps3 will be fun? Has the fun gone out of gaming? All I see at the moment is threads that say their will only be less then 200k ps3s in the us, and ps3 scalping.

[quote name='DJSteel']Just like you are on Xbox's jock and that your perspective is bullshit.. thanks for proving that point...the game isn't out publically so how could you even consider the readers review...[/QUOTE]

Hit up target or any other kiosk and try it for yourself, youll see. trust me i was hoping it was good but i didnt think it would be...i was right.

150,000 - 200,000 units at launch. They are no where close to what they promised. It really pisses me off that Sony kept us in the dark about these numbers until 3 days before launch. I'm pretty pissed off that all retailers in the area won't be getting the numbers they were expecting.

[quote name='Daddy']Hit up target or any other kiosk and try it for yourself, youll see. trust me i was hoping it was good but i didnt think it would be...i was right.[/quote]

so how much time did you put into it? Was it only a level or just a part of level? I'm thinking that it doesn't even matter with you.though...

[quote name='White-Wolf']Thank you for your oh so kind words. I’m glad that you agree with my post by insulting my spelling instead of actually addressing it.

Very witty though :), it does a good job avoiding the question/statement.

But why are there not many threads about how the ps3 will be fun? Has the fun gone out of gaming? All I see at the moment is threads that say their will only be less then 200k ps3s in the us, and ps3 scalping.[/QUOTE]

*we* (those involved in the threads) are not the average gamer. Therefore what *we* say and what *we* think is irrelevant to the overall market. If it were up to us, there would be one console (A Wiistation 360) that would be backwards compatible with the goddamned Atari Jaguar, feature downloads of nothing but Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood, and the only publisher EVER would be Atlus.

Very few people on messageboards have nice things to say about Electronic Arts.

One of every 5 pieces of software sold in the United States in an Electronic Arts franchise.

There's your answer. Because we aren't representative. Jesus.

[quote name='DJSteel']so how much time did you put into it? Was it only a level or just a part of level? I'm thinking that it doesn't even matter with you.though...[/QUOTE]

20 min, and to tell you the truth if it was good id admit it. on a admitting note online is a big thing when it comes to a FPS now so again that hasyet to be tested but it just seemed so mediocore to me and the 1080p tv seemed like a bigger thing than anything. They hyped up the graphics SOOO much let alone the gameplay, hell if you spend $600 for just the system dont you wanna be able to invite friends over to show it off? I mean if its not that impressive wont you feel stupid? think of it that way i guess so instead of bashing i should have phrased it that way.

[quote name='mykevermin']*we* (those involved in the threads) are not the average gamer. Therefore what *we* say and what *we* think is irrelevant to the overall market. If it were up to us, there would be one console (A Wiistation 360) that would be backwards compatible with the goddamned Atari Jaguar, feature downloads of nothing but Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood, and the only publisher EVER would be Atlus.

Very few people on messageboards have nice things to say about Electronic Arts.

One of every 5 pieces of software sold in the United States in an Electronic Arts franchise.

There's your answer. Because we aren't representative. Jesus.[/quote]

so as a we, we like the wii? just checking. you have good points though.

With the PSP failure ($400) and now this "Playstation 3" coming... I might have to get everything free to got back to Playstation. Microsoft for me!

[quote name='furyk']$400? PSP was in the US at $250.[/quote]

Games
Accesories
Tax

I hate spending money and shopping online even more. :roll:

[quote name='Daddy']20 min, and to tell you the truth if it was good id admit it. on a admitting note online is a big thing when it comes to a FPS now so again that hasyet to be tested but it just seemed so mediocore to me and the 1080p tv seemed like a bigger thing than anything. They hyped up the graphics SOOO much let alone the gameplay, hell if you spend $600 for just the system dont you wanna be able to invite friends over to show it off? I mean if its not that impressive wont you feel stupid? think of it that way i guess so instead of bashing i should have phrased it that way.[/quote]

look.. online will of course take a little bit of time because it's new..but it's not going to kill the system because it is something that can be fixed while the system is out.. like the damn Live updates...btw I can say the same thing graphically about 90% of the 360 games.. a lot of the games have Xbox graphics..and their games are incomplete compared to the Xbox games...Splinter Cell missing modes, Madden missing content, etc.

[quote name='DJSteel']look.. online will of course take a little bit of time because it's new..but it's not going to kill the system because it is something that can be fixed while the system is out.. like the damn Live updates...btw I can say the same thing graphically about 90% of the 360 games.. a lot of the games have Xbox graphics..and their games are incomplete compared to the Xbox games...Splinter Cell missing modes, Madden missing content, etc.[/QUOTE]

HAHa, ok I love my gold old sega CONDEMED game, loved that the most at launch. Yeah what kills a system? How about the price you pay and then you find out HDMI doesnt work or you find a work around and it takes out your surround system..abhabha, WOW for $600 that kind of shit is unforgivable, cant wait to see the breakage and errors that flood the forums next starting tomorrow. its one thing for a system to die/freeze/ or break its another for it to be "incomplete" with that hdmi shit..comon

[quote name='Daddy']HAHa, ok I love my gold old sega CONDEMED game, loved that the most at launch. Yeah what kills a system? How about the price you pay and then you find out HDMI doesnt work or you find a work around and it takes out your surround system..abhabha, WOW for $600 that kind of shit is unforgivable, cant wait to see the breakage and errors that flood the forums next starting tomorrow. its one thing for a system to die/freeze/ or break its another for it to be "incomplete" with that hdmi shit..comon[/quote]

what are you talking about?? what hdmi problems?? from what I read that is already fixed... but hey every console has it's issues at launch.. like the 360 giving free repairs to any console built in 2005... Dreamcast blue screening on it's launch games... it happens to consoles... stop putting a f'n microscope over the PS3 and realize it happened to the 360 and everything.. but you are too stupid to be objective...

[quote name='DJSteel']what are you talking about?? what hdmi problems?? from what I read that is already fixed... but hey every console has it's issues at launch.. like the 360 giving free repairs to any console built in 2005... Dreamcast blue screening on it's launch games... it happens to consoles... stop putting a f'n microscope over the PS3 and realize it happened to the 360 and everything.. but you are too stupid to be objective...[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right?

Here let me help you:

About HDMI and older HDTV:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115296

The sound problems have a work around now if you know what to do, also when you use dreamcast or 360 the system was finished ,it just broke as i stated above, no support is unforgivable

[quote name='DJSteel']so again.. read the first thing and discount the rest of my statement... true fanboy fashion...[/QUOTE]

Umm can you read or are you blind? i dont know if you qouted me an it got cut off or your just on a crappy pc....either way i did answer you and youll notice that post has not been edited...wierd

Again the PS3 launched without being "complete"

SONY is NOTORIUS for using its own formats or support for all products like pro-duo on cameras to umd on psp now "blu-ray" on PS3...Its just sick, now no support for older hdtv's ...you cant see how ridiculous that is?

[quote name='Daddy']Umm can you read or are you blind? i dont know if you qouted me an it got cut off or your just on a crappy pc....either way i did answer you and youll notice that post has not been edited...wierd

Again the PS3 launched without being "complete"

SONY is NOTORIUS for using its own formats or support for all products like pro-duo on cameras to umd on psp now "blu-ray" on PS3...Its just sick, now no support for older hdtv's ...you cant see how ridiculous that is?[/quote]

blu ray is not only supported by Sony...

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/general_information/Section-14009/Index.html

but Sony the ONLY company you blame for that.. Sony supports blu ray and they want to push that technology. less than 15% of the world have HDTVs so while it really does suck for the older HDTVs but they still hit the major populace.. how is it incomplete?? do you have one? Instead of speculating on it like a little bitch and quoting articles on problems that you yourself might not notice, come up with a reason why PS3 is incomplete.. granted every console has it's issue at launch...

I'm a loyal and happy Sony console owner. I have had all three systems, and had trouble with only one. My Ps2 after 3 + years of HEAVY abuse from me and my roomates chemically assisted friends, and the many road trips it took finally took a crapper. In the time that i have had 4 Sony consoles, my friend had gone thru 7 yes 7 Xbox consoles! Xbox is all flash no guts, and PS3 is only getting started. When your shelling out another 500 bucks for a 720 in late 2010 ill be thinking of you! i'll still be playing my PS3, beacause it will be just hitting its stride!

Sony Forever!

Wolftrader

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back