Lets be real...can you still support SONY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zerolens']Wasn't Call of Duty the highest selling game for the 360 when it launched? So you could call that the "system seller". Fact is people bought it because it was next-gen. People will buy the PS3 because it's the newest and latest console at the time. Fable 2, Halo 3, etc. is coming down the pipeline just as Metal Gear 4, Final Fantasy 13, etc. will be.

Some people don't care what's out at the present, they want what's newest and latest now and they will wait for the games down the line for what they really bought it for. Everyone has different tastes and the PS3 will have a much bigger selection of eastern games that the 360 will never see.

Somehow people have the money for the 360/Wii combo but say the PS3 is too expensive. It's not about money for those people, it's about worth. Sometimes one console is better than two and I would take a PS2 over an Xbox/Gamecube combo even if price was equal. The PS2 has more games I like than Xbox/Gamecube combined and PS3 could do that again. Just like the 360 will get a lot of exclusives, especially PC games, the PS3 will get a lot of exclusive eastern games.[/quote]

Seriously... the PS2 is STILL releasing amazing titles to this day, where as Xbox and Gamecube both stopped. People don't take that into effect however, they all just purchase what ever looks good to them in the now.

I've seen what the PSone could do and the PS2, and what they did was never stop releasing great titles all the way up to the very end... and thats why I feel so strongly about the PS3, they can easily do it again. Sony knows the Power of exclusive, Microsoft does not. Thats why all there games eventually release on the PC...

[quote name='Daddy']Wow SONY is gay as can be:

PS2 gets pretty in pink in Europe
A pink PS2 is set for launch at Leipzig Games Convention, amid rumours of a price cut for the standard console in the UK.
By Staff, GameSpot UK
Posted Aug 21, 2006 5:00 am PT

More Images (3) »
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced the latest member of the PlayStation family on Monday--a limited-edition slimline PlayStation 2 in pink.

The new console is set to hit store shelves on November 8, and will only be available from retail outlets in Europe. The new console will be shown off for the first time at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, later this week.

The console will come with two matching pink analogue controllers, and a pink 8MB memory card.

SCEE said that "the decision to produce a pink console reflects the growing and diverse demographic that PlayStation 2 has developed." SCEE credited franchises such as Buzz!, SingStar, and other "socially interactive" titles for these demographic changes.

On the decision to launch the new colour, Dan Hill, the PlayStation 2 European brand manager, said: "The Pink PlayStation 2 is funky, fresh, and fashionable, and will further broaden the console's continuing popularity and relevance with a fun new twist."

This isn't the first time that Sony has released a new colour to try and inject life into its six-year-old console. The slimline version has been available in both silver and white--as well as the original black--while the original version was released, in various different territories, in Aqua Blue, Midnight Blue, gold, light yellow, silver, Ocean Blue, Zen Black--both of which were translucent--Sakura Pink, Snow White, and Super Red.

The Xbox 360 has so far escaped wholesale colouring, but the original Xbox was available, at various times in various territories, in at least eight colours.

In other PS2 news, UK trade magazine MCV is reporting that the standard slimline PS2's price will be cut to £95 later this week, but this has not yet been officially confirmed by Sony.

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/news/08/21/newpinkps2_screen001.jpg[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, you believe that girls don't play games either?

btw, this has nothing to do with the ps3.

Of course girls play...if you get the chance play with slaughterbitch on XBL...she rocks. If a ps2 and PSP are pink then yeah PS3 will come in pink...just like a motorola razr...lol

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Seriously... the PS2 is STILL releasing amazing titles to this day, where as Xbox and Gamecube both stopped. People don't take that into effect however, they all just purchase what ever looks good to them in the now.

I've seen what the PSone could do and the PS2, and what they did was never stop releasing great titles all the way up to the very end... and thats why I feel so strongly about the PS3, they can easily do it again. Sony knows the Power of exclusive, Microsoft does not. Thats why all there games eventually release on the PC...[/QUOTE]

Ummm xbox is done b/c 360 is actually out...just like any system dies out with a fizzle except maybe ports in the end when the next gen is comin out..comon. Thats how they push you into the next system for that company, I need a better example then what you presented....again ill get a PS3 so dont think I bash SONY for the wrong reasons...its hard to justify $600 and 1-2 games and 1-2 extra controllers + tax.....so at about $850-1000 for an unapproved format (blu-ray) and a launch system (bugs/crashes) thats just plain stupid move comon, how can you not see that?

PS- If you do buy PS3 at launch remind me to sell you some overpriced stuff off of EBAY thats shiny and new since you apparently for for that....lol

[quote name='Daddy']Ummm xbox is done b/c 360 is actually out...just like any system dies out with a fizzle except maybe ports in the end when the next gen is comin out..comon. Thats how they push you into the next system for that company, I need a better example then what you presented....again ill get a PS3 so dont think I bash SONY for the wrong reasons...its hard to justify $600 and 1-2 games and 1-2 extra controllers + tax.....so at about $850-1000 for an unapproved format (blu-ray) and a launch system (bugs/crashes) thats just plain stupid move comon, how can you not see that?

PS- If you do buy PS3 at launch remind me to sell you some overpriced stuff off of EBAY thats shiny and new since you apparently for for that....lol[/QUOTE]

Criticize Sony all you want, but they support their sytems well after they become marked "last gen". Microsoft's outright abandoment of the original Xbox is downright criminal.

[quote name='furyk']Criticize Sony all you want, but they support their sytems well after they become marked "last gen". Microsoft's outright abandoment of the original Xbox is downright criminal.[/QUOTE]

Ok we will see what games come out on PS2 in 8 months to a YEAR from PS3 besides ports...bahba you must be kidding...name some Ps1 original awesome AAA titles that came out A YEAR AFTER the launch of PS2 that were not ports

[quote name='Daddy']Ummm xbox is done b/c 360 is actually out...just like any system dies out with a fizzle except maybe ports in the end when the next gen is comin out..comon. Thats how they push you into the next system for that company, I need a better example then what you presented....again ill get a PS3 so dont think I bash SONY for the wrong reasons...its hard to justify $600 and 1-2 games and 1-2 extra controllers + tax.....so at about $850-1000 for an unapproved format (blu-ray) and a launch system (bugs/crashes) thats just plain stupid move comon, how can you not see that?

PS- If you do buy PS3 at launch remind me to sell you some overpriced stuff off of EBAY thats shiny and new since you apparently for for that....lol[/quote]

Do you ever post something that isn't a mindless rant?

Ugh, Summers over. Time for you to go back to Middle School.

[quote name='Daddy']Ok we will see what games come out on PS2 in 8 months to a YEAR from PS3 besides ports...bahba you must be kidding...name some Ps1 original awesome AAA titles that came out A YEAR AFTER the launch of PS2 that were not ports[/QUOTE]

Well remakes:
-Final Fantasy Orgins (the FF 1/2 remake)
-Castlevania Chronicles
-Final Fantasy Chronicles

Originals:
-Dragon Warrior VII
-Arc the Lad Collection
-DDR Konamix
-Syphon Filter 3
-Mega Man X6
-Tales of Destiny II

Should I go on?

As for what's coming out past November for the PS2 (according to IGN):

-God of War II
-Persona III
-Dawn of Mana
-Rogue Galaxy
-Singstar
-Stuntman 2
-Victorious Boxers 2

Not to mention that the last really good Xbox game that came out before the 360 launch were all ports of PC games (Half Life 2/Doom: Resurrection of Evil) or reworked versions of previously released games (Fable: The Lost Chapters). To say that Sony abandoned the PS1 and will abandon the PS2 the way Microsoft did with the original Xbox runs right in the face of reality.

Simply put, the PS2 will have a few original titles brought out a year after the PS3 is launched and then it'll get a progressive stream of games that never got brought over in the first place for a budget price. I could see some anime games, Zombie vs Ambulance, the Japanese Transformers game, and all sorts of other quirky stuff being released for the PS2 in 2008.

[quote name='furyk']Well remakes:
-Final Fantasy Orgins (the FF 1/2 remake)
-Castlevania Chronicles
-Final Fantasy Chronicles

Originals:
-Dragon Warrior VII
-Arc the Lad Collection
-DDR Konamix
-Syphon Filter 3
-Mega Man X6
-Tales of Destiny II

Should I go on?

As for what's coming out past November for the PS2 (according to IGN):

-God of War II
-Persona III
-Dawn of Mana
-Rogue Galaxy
-Singstar
-Stuntman 2
-Victorious Boxers 2

Not to mention that the last really good Xbox game that came out before the 360 launch were all ports of PC games (Half Life 2/Doom: Resurrection of Evil) or reworked versions of previously released games (Fable: The Lost Chapters). To say that Sony abandoned the PS1 and will abandon the PS2 the way Microsoft did with the original Xbox runs right in the face of reality.

Simply put, the PS2 will have a few original titles brought out a year after the PS3 is launched and then it'll get a progressive stream of games that never got brought over in the first place for a budget price. I could see some anime games, Zombie vs Ambulance, the Japanese Transformers game, and all sorts of other quirky stuff being released for the PS2 in 2008.[/QUOTE]

Ok when i say ports i should clarify games that arent also on the nbext gen system (why buy stuntman 2 on ps if its on ps3 for example? To qoute you "quirky" isnt exactoly the kind of game i want to keep my system alive...point is all games do end up budget in a bin at EB/gamestop b/c the system is dying or dead....we have all seen the infamous yellow sticker games at eb in the bin in front of the counter like "buy me" im a dying system....why drive a pinto when you can be in a beamer.....you are correct about the abondonment in some sense but with the next gen its a big leap for PS2 graphically (and we know the kiddies love that) so dont look for the HUGE support you think its gonna get...

PS- God of War 2 is the only decent title on the PS2 future list by most standards

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Do you ever post something that isn't a mindless rant?

Ugh, Summers over. Time for you to go back to Middle School.[/QUOTE]

Please fanboy I can smell you through my PC....go compare images on a tv at curcuit city again and tell me how the pic looks different...hahabhbah

[quote name='Daddy']Ok when i say ports i should clarify games that arent also on the nbext gen system (why buy stuntman 2 on ps if its on ps3 for example? To qoute you "quirky" isnt exactoly the kind of game i want to keep my system alive...point is all games do end up budget in a bin at EB/gamestop b/c the system is dying or dead....we have all seen the infamous yellow sticker games at eb in the bin in front of the counter like "buy me" im a dying system....why drive a pinto when you can be in a beamer.....you are correct about the abondonment in some sense but with the next gen its a big leap for PS2 graphically (and we know the kiddies love that) so dont look for the HUGE support you think its gonna get...[/quote]

So you essentially ignored all of the great games that came out for the PS1 after the PS2 launch... ok then. It's not that huge of a leap as it was from the PSX to the PS2, Genesis to Saturn, etc etc. There's a lot more things that can be done with a PS3 then a PS2, but there'll still be a major market for the PS2 inthe US. Furthermore, considering the Wii is on a comparable tech level with the PS2, you'll see a surprising number of Wii/PS2 releases well into 2008.

The other thing you're ignoring is the fact that so many people are still buying PS2s. That means one of three things. They either had a GC/Xbox and decided to finally get on the PS2 wagon, they're rebuying the system, or they have sat out of this generation until the PS2 hit a reasonable price for them (and this was a good two years after the PS1 had been dead). Without question, the jump to a PS3 will be much more of a financial investment then it was to jump from a PS1 to a PS2. It is retarded for Sony to abandon the PS2 when they saw what consumers did with the PS1.

PS- God of War 2 is the only decent title on the PS2 future list by most standards

Let's just ignore the fact that you pretty much disregarded the PS1 titles that were all announced after the PS2 launch. Tell Japan that none of those titles look that good when the Persona series is in the same stratosphere of hype that Dragon Quest, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy are in. Plus, the Mana series has always had a strong following in both the United States and Japan.

Furthermore, consider the games that haven't been announced. All of the sports games will still sell well no matter how big the advantage of Madden 08 is on the PS3. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Final Fantasy VII/IX compilation followed by an FF VIII/Chrono Cross compilation the way Square did at the end of the PSX's life cycle. Furthermore, look at the companies that have come out and said they won't be making PS3 games until the cost comes down. They're not all hopping over to the 360 to pump out King of the Fighters after King of the Fighters.

The PS2 won't be abandoned the way the Xbox was. The high price/cost of development/support from Sony ensures that.

P.S. Please read your posts before posting them. You're making yourself look like a half blind baboon made retarded from all of the glue it sniffed with your seemingly random keymashings.

Please i didnt ignore your list I said PS2 will fade in the wind after time passes by like all systems, retake a look at your titles by the way I said ORIGINAL every title you named is a sequel not one ORIGINAL TITLE hell some even on their 6 or 7 installment...perhaps you interpreted what I said wrong. I do agree that wii and ps2 will be going for a while due to price point let alone other factors but with a price on ps3 at $600 without tax,games or add ons you must be in the "I gotta hve it at launch" demographic if we are talkin PS3.

As far as your qoute "P.S. Please read your posts before posting them. You're making yourself look like a half blind baboon made retarded from all of the glue it sniffed with your seemingly random keymashings." Perhaps it is you who isnt reading or your too hopped up on PS fanboyism to notice it I have owned every system but neo geo (price point cough cough) and have nothing against any of them. Ps2 did just fine and will do so for a while but ALL systmes end up in yellow sticker land and EVERYONE is on the hunt for some new games ORIGINAL titles and BC from future consoles so you dont HAVE to go back and repurchase an old system. Im so tired of continuing franchises for games I like the new stuff not same thing over and over while granted you had some top notch stuff like RE4 or hopefully MGS4 for a series it ended up on a new system from once it started and was quite some time later. I dont want mario 24235252, tekken 3535235 or even halo 254525235 (named all 3 big companies.) unless its soo amazing it surpasses the original by ten fold or re works the genre.

It seems the futher a franchise goes the more NOOBED out the game gets lets take Halo2 for example or GRAW.....halo2 i dont even have to say why its noobed out and GRAW, well used to be one shot kills and 1st person only...but then cry babies made that go away. Now look at future titles like Splinter Cell with its ghost spy locations so you can see where your going (took all the excitement of escaping away in the dark) or mercs with unlimited ammo...why? B/c people say the game isnt balanced or its too hard...original titles for this reason alone make it crucial for new fresh stuff. Im a gamer plain and simple dont care what system, again want a good price,good product and services, and good games. Nintendo makes it easy for a non gamer to play games (good to have around) Xbox has the online (great for FPS/RTS and content). I will WAIT to see what PS3 is ACTUALLY BRINGING to the table besides Blu-ray to differentiate itself from the pack without jackin everyone elses ideas. Not that thats bad (hey its business) but comon as a gamer Im looking for new stuff in this industry, its just too bad WE ARE THE ONES who have to get caught in a fight for FORMATS and ENTERTAINMENT HUBS in the living room when the main thing we want is GREAT GAMES ...nuff said

[quote name='Daddy']Please i didnt ignore your list I said PS2 will fade in the wind after time passes by like all systems, retake a look at your titles by the way I said ORIGINAL every title you named is a sequel not one ORIGINAL TITLE hell some even on their 6 or 7 installment...perhaps you interpreted what I said wrong. I do agree that wii and ps2 will be going for a while due to price point let alone other factors but with a price on ps3 at $600 without tax,games or add ons you must be in the "I gotta hve it at launch" demographic if we are talkin PS3.

As far as your qoute "P.S. Please read your posts before posting them. You're making yourself look like a half blind baboon made retarded from all of the glue it sniffed with your seemingly random keymashings." Perhaps it is you who isnt reading or your too hopped up on PS fanboyism to notice it I have owned every system but neo geo (price point cough cough) and have nothing against any of them. Ps2 did just fine and will do so for a while but ALL systmes end up in yellow sticker land and EVERYONE is on the hunt for some new games ORIGINAL titles and BC from future consoles so you dont HAVE to go back and repurchase an old system. Im so tired of continuing franchises for games I like the new stuff not same thing over and over while granted you had some top notch stuff like RE4 or hopefully MGS4 for a series it ended up on a new system from once it started and was quite some time later. I dont want mario 24235252, tekken 3535235 or even halo 254525235 (named all 3 big companies.) unless its soo amazing it surpasses the original by ten fold or re works the genre.

It seems the futher a franchise goes the more NOOBED out the game gets lets take Halo2 for example or GRAW.....halo2 i dont even have to say why its noobed out and GRAW, well used to be one shot kills and 1st person only...but then cry babies made that go away. Now look at future titles like Splinter Cell with its ghost spy locations so you can see where your going (took all the excitement of escaping away in the dark) or mercs with unlimited ammo...why? B/c people say the game isnt balanced or its too hard...original titles for this reason alone make it crucial for new fresh stuff. Im a gamer plain and simple dont care what system, again want a good price,good product and services, and good games. Nintendo makes it easy for a non gamer to play games (good to have around) Xbox has the online (great for FPS/RTS and content). I will WAIT to see what PS3 is ACTUALLY BRINGING to the table besides Blu-ray to differentiate itself from the pack without jackin everyone elses ideas. Not that thats bad (hey its business) but comon as a gamer Im looking for new stuff in this industry, its just too bad WE ARE THE ONES who have to get caught in a fight for FORMATS and ENTERTAINMENT HUBS in the living room when the main thing we want is GREAT GAMES ...nuff said[/QUOTE]

Daddy, the fact stands that you've spent weeks bashing the PS3 in a 16 page thread, instead of playing your X-BOX and its wealth of "original games" or saving up for your Wii.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

[quote name='sarausagi']Daddy, the fact stands that you've spent weeks bashing the PS3 in a 16 page thread, instead of playing your X-BOX and its wealth of "original games" or saving up for your Wii.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you read through the pages it isnt all bashing in fact why not try reading my post that you qouted which not only says systems dont matter but games is whats important, I named MGS and Guitar hero as well as God of War....ive owned PS2 and will be getting a Ps3....just not stupid enough to buy it at launch.....man, try reading, especially if your gonna qoute someone. Also try looking at the poll...the numbers speak for themselves- right now its 401 to 80.

[quote name='Daddy']
As far as your qoute "P.S. Please read your posts before posting them. You're making yourself look like a half blind baboon made retarded from all of the glue it sniffed with your seemingly random keymashings." Perhaps it is you who isnt reading or your too hopped up on PS fanboyism to notice it I have owned every system but neo geo (price point cough cough) and have nothing against any of them. Ps2 did just fine and will do so for a while but ALL systmes end up in yellow sticker land and EVERYONE is on the hunt for some new games ORIGINAL titles and BC from future consoles so you dont HAVE to go back and repurchase an old system. Im so tired of continuing franchises for games I like the new stuff not same thing over and over while granted you had some top notch stuff like RE4 or hopefully MGS4 for a series it ended up on a new system from once it started and was quite some time later. I dont want mario 24235252, tekken 3535235 or even halo 254525235 (named all 3 big companies.) unless its soo amazing it surpasses the original by ten fold or re works the genre.[/QUOTE]

Look....you totally missed my point which is that you type like a fucking moron. I don't give a shit if you've owned every system and every goofy controller ever made. The simple fact of the matter is that your posts are rambling pieces of shit even without the discussion of content. Run them through a fucking spell checker or something.

Beyond that, I'm not hopped up on Sony fanboyism. I'm hopped up on trying to give asshole console fanboys like you and Darkness Bear a dose of reality. Recently though, he has put a bit more thought and perspective in his posts while you've done nothing but troll the PS3 forums. I don't give a shit if you plan on buying every game for the PS3 eventually or if you just think every PS3 game is a retread. NEWS FLASH!!!! That's what gaming is today on every system. Even when a company like Namco or Nintendo tries to do something totally wacky like Pac Pix or Kirby Canvas Curse, it's with previously made IPs. Even the original games that get released today are pretty traditional ideas. Who hasn't thought of a game of fighting tons of zombies in a mall (Dead Rising) or tactical mech fighting (Chromehounds). You're faulting Sony specifically for something that is wrong with the game industry across the board.

So please, don't take this as a PS3 is super wicked awesome post. I hate the PS3, it's too damn expensive. The same can be said about the Xbox 360 for me. I refuse to pay more then $200 for a console. Take this post as a request. If you're going to be critical about something, please remove your head from your ass and look in a mirror to see how shit stained your face is before going after fanboys.

[quote name='furyk']Look....you totally missed my point which is that you type like a fucking moron. I don't give a shit if you've owned every system and every goofy controller ever made. The simple fact of the matter is that your posts are rambling pieces of shit even without the discussion of content. Run them through a fucking spell checker or something.

Beyond that, I'm not hopped up on Sony fanboyism. I'm hopped up on trying to give asshole console fanboys like you and Darkness Bear a dose of reality. Recently though, he has put a bit more thought and perspective in his posts while you've done nothing but troll the PS3 forums. I don't give a shit if you plan on buying every game for the PS3 eventually or if you just think every PS3 game is a retread. NEWS FLASH!!!! That's what gaming is today on every system. Even when a company like Namco or Nintendo tries to do something totally wacky like Pac Pix or Kirby Canvas Curse, it's with previously made IPs. Even the original games that get released today are pretty traditional ideas. Who hasn't thought of a game of fighting tons of zombies in a mall (Dead Rising) or tactical mech fighting (Chromehounds). You're faulting Sony specifically for something that is wrong with the game industry across the board.

So please, don't take this as a PS3 is super wicked awesome post. I hate the PS3, it's too damn expensive. The same can be said about the Xbox 360 for me. I refuse to pay more then $200 for a console. Take this post as a request. If you're going to be critical about something, please remove your head from your ass and look in a mirror to see how shit stained your face is before going after fanboys.[/QUOTE]

Bahbahba, well guess you havent stalked me long enough to know I prefer the way I type b/c kiddies like yourself attack grammar when they have no real comeback....

If you think Dead Rising isnt original its probably b/c YOU NEVER PLAYED it...well that is due to the fact you cant own any system over $200. Perhaps since your not willing to move into the next gen till...hmmm lets see $200 ill go with end of 2007 maybe beginning of 2008 maybe you should hop back to the PS2 & Xbox forums instead of in here since you wont be joining any of us anytime soon..lol. You apparently make fun of my typing yet I dont bother making fun of the fact you cant read (hell my typing should help you there) you keep saying im a fanboy so I typed out that ive owned every system (look up definition of fanboy) in a calm manner and stressed how it sucks that we as gamers are cought in a format war . You also seem to be pretty angry there chief and while i dont agree with Darkness Bear I highly doubt hes ever gonna get me all pumped up and get me cursing at him like some sort of geek drinking to much red bull (insert your name here)

I think its time you moved to another thread as your anger has gotten the best of you and you have no arguement here and your comebacks are lame. You never answered the sequel vs. original question I posed to you instead you freaked out when you got burned on it, attacked grammar and me personally....just again showing your inability to discuss a topic and argue your opinion...you got worked and cried like a little Halo2 kiddie on Xbox Live and you are the kind of person who ruins online experiences....I am happy to say im Extremely happy none of us will be seeing you on PS3 or 360 anytime soon....WhooooHoooooo.

Anyway im done with you, back to topic....

[quote name='Daddy']*words*[/QUOTE]

Again, missing the point (BTW, way to get'em champ with finally writing a post that doesn't use the word "qoute", sadly, only an e for effort since your rambling post still is spelled like a retard choking on paste). I'm glad you prefer looking like a jackass rather then trying to represent yourself as someone who doesn't have his head firmly lodged up his ass. You're doing a heck of a job with it. As someone who probably didn't do so hot on the critical reading section of the SATs (or the Wal-Mart application for that matter), let me break it down for you realllllllllllly sllllllllllooooowwwwllllly. I'll try and keep from avoiding words that aren't said on the Jerry Springer show, but excuse me if I slip a big word or two in.

I have played Dead Rising, and it is a ridiculous amount of fun. The simple fact of the matter is that it's a sandbox game with zombies which really isn't that original. It rips off Dawn of the Dead and fuses it with GTA. I'm not saying it's a bad game. In fact, it's the second most fun I've had with a game all year. It combines two of my favorite things in the world, senseless and hillarious violence and zombies. To consider Dead Rising an original game though is an utter fallacy of logic since it's not. It takes two well loved concepts and simply fuses them together. Is it the first game to ever do that? Sure, but that doesn't mean it's an original concept. It's implimentation of the concept is original, but we've seen a ton of violent sandbox games before.

Which brings me to the point of sequels vs originals. Just because a game is consider a sequel doesn't mean it's any less original then any other given game. Take Mario 64 for example. We've seen several thousand Mario games before this one, but it was the first game to really nail 3D for an audience who didn't have a Saturn. Take a look at Grand Theft Auto 3 then which was the fourth GTA game (5th if you count the director's cut of the original GTA as another game). What GTA 3 did for gaming was revolutionary even though it was based on, mobs and Italian stereotypes. Your point of "wares the original games PS2?" is pretty much a failure considering there have been less then ten games on the 360 so far that aren't sequels, multi-platform releases, or movie tie-ins, Dead Rising, The Outfit, two flight sims, 99 Nights, Chromehounds, Kameo, and Table Tennis.

The simple fact of the matter is that rather then see this point in the post that I originally made, you chose to focus on numbers and praising a system rather blindly over another system that you haven't played yet. As someone who camped out for a 360 the night it launched and sold it because there was very little that appealed to me (not to mention the absurd prices it was going for on Ebay), I'd rather not be lectured by someone who started gaming with a PS1 about where I should and shouldn't be posting. My refusal to pay no more then $200 for a console is a matter of no video game system I've ever seeing being worth more then $200, not an issue of means. If the 360 or the PS3 can prove it's worth more then $200 to me in entertainment value, I'll pick one up.

Edit: And my dislike of you stems much more from you being a troll for the PS3 forums (despite claims of I ownz0r every system ever made) which pretty much every neutral poster can attest to is pretty much why I'm not a fan of your ramblings. The idiot speak certainly helps make it easier though.

Edit #2: "I am the best Ghost Recon player ever. Period. The Best. I know over a million glitches. I will demolish you 1 vs. 6. I helped Ubi make this game. I know it all. Yeah baby, can't touch this! I get laid every night. I'm a hog with the ladies, you know it, check me mackin it on tha phone, you can't hang wit the S0ZE, no sensors, no O-I-C-dubayew, check in you noobie, you're gonna get stompped."

As long as I'm complaining about you, please do your clanmates a favor and at least make it sound like you have thought about completing the 4th grade (note: not the 4th grade of l337h4X0rn00bpwN4g3 3k001, the 4th grade with reading and adding).

[quote name='Daddy']With everything we know now from Phil Harrison lies to missing components and empty promises does anyone think SONY will end up in a good position? I STILL cant understand why everyone who wants a PS3 is happy about a Blu-Ray player being included...I mean its a combo electronic device (BIG NO-NO) if your PS3 breaks then your movie player is broken too...who the hell buys combo devices? Old people do.....thats about it[/QUOTE]

Do you own a PS2?

[quote name='Daddy']With everything we know now from Phil Harrison lies to missing components and empty promises does anyone think SONY will end up in a good position? I STILL cant understand why everyone who wants a PS3 is happy about a Blu-Ray player being included...I mean its a combo electronic device (BIG NO-NO) if your PS3 breaks then your movie player is broken too...who the hell buys combo devices? Old people do.....thats about it[/QUOTE]
wtf?

[quote name='neudog']Do you own a PS2?[/QUOTE]
Or a 360? And let us not forget that the Wii will be a DVD player as well.... So umm yea... Only old people buy Combo Devices.

[quote name='furyk']Criticize Sony all you want, but they support their sytems well after they become marked "last gen". Microsoft's outright abandoment of the original Xbox is downright criminal.[/quote]

well, that is true. Sony offered the PS1 over the lifespan (got a year ago discontinued, i think). But softwareside was nothing what Sony contributed to the console. They just let a door open for budget gamers.

I am pretty sure that the PS3 will get some good games (besides of MGS4&FFXIII), but it is still a bitter pil to swallow. And i am not convinced that the removal of the rumble-feature will a benificial factor to the overall gaming experience with the new motion-feature.

I will not purchase a PS3 until some good (must have classics) are released. Overall i consider my Gamecube still as the best funconsole with the overall best gamingexperience.

On the other hand, i really noticed that the XBox360 does not really have a lot of kid titles. Which is actually bad, especially for parents who want some good titles for 6-13 year olds.

[quote name='yester']well, that is true. Sony offered the PS1 over the lifespan (got a year ago discontinued, i think). But softwareside was nothing what Sony contributed to the console. They just let a door open for budget gamers.

I am pretty sure that the PS3 will get some good games (besides of MGS4&FFXIII), but it is still a bitter pil to swallow. And i am not convinced that the removal of the rumble-feature will a benificial factor to the overall gaming experience with the new motion-feature.

I will not purchase a PS3 until some good (must have classics) are released. Overall i consider my Gamecube still as the best funconsole with the overall best gamingexperience.

On the other hand, i really noticed that the XBox360 does not really have a lot of kid titles. Which is actually bad, especially for parents who want some good titles for 6-13 year olds.[/QUOTE]

Well the 360 does have Viva Pinata as one of it's two big holiday titles, and that more then anything seems to be a sign that Microsoft through Rare is reaching out to developers and saying, E games are fine even though the console has been marketed as a Teen and older console. Viva Pinata's success might make it the single most important game for the 360 so far. In my opinion, Viva Pinata might end up being the most crucial title to the success or failure of the 360 worldiwide, even more so then Elder Scrolls IV, Dead or Alive IV, Dead Rising, or Perfect Dark Zero.

As far as Sony not developing games for the consoles, that's very true. What Sony did do though is continue to make PS1s well after the console was considered a viable platform. The fact that up until recently that I could go into a Best Buy and still buy a PS1 with an LCD screen was just as much a good faith gesture to developers in saying that our console will be on store shelves longer then anyone else's as it was for Sony trying to draw blood from a stone. Personally, I believe that if the Wii can remain a viable platform, a bunch of Wii games will get ported with a traditional control scheme to the PS2 since Sony was so good about keeping the console in stores even though nobody was really selling "new" games.

As far as the PS3 goes, I'm not sold on it at all either. The system has the promise of big games, but big series can misfire just as easily as they can produce another hit (Devil May Cry 2/MGS 2 anyone?). The facts are that the PS3 is the most expensive way to game this generation and therefore, it has to have the highest burden of proof in terms of what its offering. No one game or the promise of one game will sell me on a PS3.

Typically, my litmus test is if a system has five games or so I really want, I'll pick it up. With the Gamecube it was Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros Melee, Wrestlemania XVIII (remember, this was the new No Mercy), Eternal Darkness, and I think Wave Race. With the Dreamcast, it was Sonic Adventure, Power Stone, NFL2K, Marvel vs Capcom (which was originally supposed to be a launch title), and Soul Calibur. DS it was Super Mario 64 DS, Meteos, Kirby Canvas Curse, Wario Ware Touched, and Feel the Magic. PSP, Me and My Katamari, Luminese, the Mega Man games, and Darkstalkers. So on and so on. The PS3 has two titles I'm really interested in at the moment: Resistance: The Fall of Man and Virtua Fighter 5. If those games are hits and three or so other games surprise me, then I'll pick up the system when fiscally able. The PS3 obviously has an uphill battle to fight as it has to offer enough exclusive games that people are really into (or someone who really wants the extra stuff).

As far as rumble...well I've always thought rumble was kind of dumb. It's cute but I can see a bunch of different opportunities and new doors opened with the six degrees of motion feature. After the initial shoehorning of the movement into games, I think we could get some really interesting uses of it. Still, the PS3 has a lot of good games to make before someone can buy it with a substantial amount of confidence in what they'll be playing now as opposed to what they'll be playing later (a hump that I think Microsoft just made it over with Chromehounds, Dead Rising, and the recent full realization of downloadable demos).

[quote name='furyk']Well the 360 does have Viva Pinata as one of it's two big holiday titles, and that more then anything seems to be a sign that Microsoft through Rare is reaching out to developers and saying, E games are fine even though the console has been marketed as a Teen and older console. Viva Pinata's success might make it the single most important game for the 360 so far. In my opinion, Viva Pinata might end up being the most crucial title to the success or failure of the 360 worldiwide, even more so then Elder Scrolls IV, Dead or Alive IV, Dead Rising, or Perfect Dark Zero.

As far as rumble...well I've always thought rumble was kind of dumb. It's cute but I can see a bunch of different opportunities and new doors opened with the six degrees of motion feature. After the initial shoehorning of the movement into games, I think we could get some really interesting uses of it. Still, the PS3 has a lot of good games to make before someone can buy it with a substantial amount of confidence in what they'll be playing now as opposed to what they'll be playing later (a hump that I think Microsoft just made it over with Chromehounds, Dead Rising, and the recent full realization of downloadable demos).[/quote]

Actually, i was reading about that game (Viva Pinata that is). Maybe that is something what appeals to a younger autience.
But i was more wondering why Microsoft does not promote also games in general for younger players. I think that it is really a bad thing as far as it goes for new console.

That Sony excluded the rumble-feature is ok. But the promotion it is to give you a active experience clouds a little the truth.
Everybody knows that Sony just don't want to pay Immersion. As a customer, i feel fooled and betrayed. For many games you take the rumble granded.
True, the motionsensoning is a nice feature, but so far we do not even know what games will take advantage over that technology.
And Nintendo proofs that it is possible to combine both features in one experience. Motion + Rumble + Speaker. Wow...
To clear it up. I really enjoyed the PS2 with (my favorite games) like MSG, FF, ICO, DQ8.... but Sony mutates to something i only thought Microsoft was capable.
I am pretty sure that some folks will poor their savings (or last Dollar) in the console.
Or to put it the other way, some folks will be excluded from the experience, which i think is sad. A console is about playing freaking games and not watch movies and listen to music.
I wonder how much the PS4 will cost. 1200$?

In the end, it will depend on the games and if there will be enough first party titles to show the true power of the machine. And that what the PS3 is about. The power of the Cell CPU and the graphics.

But i wonder, if the PS3 will be even available at Nov. 17, since they did not start producing them so far. Which makes me believe that they actually modify the console prior to production.

[quote name='furyk']Again, missing the point (BTW, way to get'em champ with finally writing a post that doesn't use the word "qoute", sadly, only an e for effort since your rambling post still is spelled like a retard choking on paste). I'm glad you prefer looking like a jackass rather then trying to represent yourself as someone who doesn't have his head firmly lodged up his ass. You're doing a heck of a job with it. As someone who probably didn't do so hot on the critical reading section of the SATs (or the Wal-Mart application for that matter), let me break it down for you realllllllllllly sllllllllllooooowwwwllllly. I'll try and keep from avoiding words that aren't said on the Jerry Springer show, but excuse me if I slip a big word or two in.

I have played Dead Rising, and it is a ridiculous amount of fun. The simple fact of the matter is that it's a sandbox game with zombies which really isn't that original. It rips off Dawn of the Dead and fuses it with GTA. I'm not saying it's a bad game. In fact, it's the second most fun I've had with a game all year. It combines two of my favorite things in the world, senseless and hillarious violence and zombies. To consider Dead Rising an original game though is an utter fallacy of logic since it's not. It takes two well loved concepts and simply fuses them together. Is it the first game to ever do that? Sure, but that doesn't mean it's an original concept. It's implimentation of the concept is original, but we've seen a ton of violent sandbox games before.

Which brings me to the point of sequels vs originals. Just because a game is consider a sequel doesn't mean it's any less original then any other given game. Take Mario 64 for example. We've seen several thousand Mario games before this one, but it was the first game to really nail 3D for an audience who didn't have a Saturn. Take a look at Grand Theft Auto 3 then which was the fourth GTA game (5th if you count the director's cut of the original GTA as another game). What GTA 3 did for gaming was revolutionary even though it was based on, mobs and Italian stereotypes. Your point of "wares the original games PS2?" is pretty much a failure considering there have been less then ten games on the 360 so far that aren't sequels, multi-platform releases, or movie tie-ins, Dead Rising, The Outfit, two flight sims, 99 Nights, Chromehounds, Kameo, and Table Tennis.

The simple fact of the matter is that rather then see this point in the post that I originally made, you chose to focus on numbers and praising a system rather blindly over another system that you haven't played yet. As someone who camped out for a 360 the night it launched and sold it because there was very little that appealed to me (not to mention the absurd prices it was going for on Ebay), I'd rather not be lectured by someone who started gaming with a PS1 about where I should and shouldn't be posting. My refusal to pay no more then $200 for a console is a matter of no video game system I've ever seeing being worth more then $200, not an issue of means. If the 360 or the PS3 can prove it's worth more then $200 to me in entertainment value, I'll pick one up.

Edit: And my dislike of you stems much more from you being a troll for the PS3 forums (despite claims of I ownz0r every system ever made) which pretty much every neutral poster can attest to is pretty much why I'm not a fan of your ramblings. The idiot speak certainly helps make it easier though.

Edit #2: "I am the best Ghost Recon player ever. Period. The Best. I know over a million glitches. I will demolish you 1 vs. 6. I helped Ubi make this game. I know it all. Yeah baby, can't touch this! I get laid every night. I'm a hog with the ladies, you know it, check me mackin it on tha phone, you can't hang wit the S0ZE, no sensors, no O-I-C-dubayew, check in you noobie, you're gonna get stompped."

As long as I'm complaining about you, please do your clanmates a favor and at least make it sound like you have thought about completing the 4th grade (note: not the 4th grade of l337h4X0rn00bpwN4g3 3k001, the 4th grade with reading and adding).[/QUOTE]

You have no brain power what so ever...its too funny you type slowly and still are retarted? Lets see, you played Dead Rising (not at your house b/c you dont own any system over 200 bucks) and say "To consider Dead Rising an original game though is an utter fallacy of logic since it's not." Right ok b/c there are so many games just like it, go over to the 360 forums and type that one in and see what happens.

Original and sequel...lets see- original as in #1 & sequel as in anything in that is in the SAME SERIES as in #2 and up. You seem to be utterly retarded at this point and say "considering there have been less then ten games on the 360 so far that aren't sequels, multi-platform releases, or movie tie-ins" Okay so now movie tie-ins & multi-platforms releases are considered sequels? You are just plain dumb at this point. Multiplatforms in this case would be what PC? Oh yes and then youll say you own a PC even though it is the highest price of any system console considering its consistant need for upgrades and video cards...brilliant arguement Mr. $200 jackarse.

Oh and you edits are great, what didnt feel your garbage post was strong enough so you had to comeback twice, am I making you lose sleep? Again edit 2 is especially for people like you and stems from playing online in games like GR or Halo 2 with little kids who think they are great,exploit and cheat possible or just whine, cry or try to aviod the fact they have just been burned and resort to bitching instead of backing their stuff up...you being in the last part b/c instead of typing an arguement you just try to burn me but consistantly fail...hahahah. Your edit one...well try going here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104088 (CAG 360 forum) where im bashing on DLC, making your trolling PS3 part bunk, again nice try stick to topic loser.

[quote name='SpeedyG']Or a 360? And let us not forget that the Wii will be a DVD player as well.... So umm yea... Only old people buy Combo Devices.[/QUOTE] and for nuedog and cyrix

Ugggg, sorry but you have to read back quite a few pages....the PS2 was out and stand alone DVD players were under 100 bucks at that point even at walmart...in this case with PS3 its a combo device b/c its cheaper to buy the PS3 than a stand alone Blu-ray player which are out ,but they are $1000 bucks

[quote name='yester']Actually, i was reading about that game (Viva Pinata that is). Maybe that is something what appeals to a younger autience.
But i was more wondering why Microsoft does not promote also games in general for younger players. I think that it is really a bad thing as far as it goes for new console.

That Sony excluded the rumble-feature is ok. But the promotion it is to give you a active experience clouds a little the truth.
Everybody knows that Sony just don't want to pay Immersion. As a customer, i feel fooled and betrayed. For many games you take the rumble granded.
True, the motionsensoning is a nice feature, but so far we do not even know what games will take advantage over that technology.
And Nintendo proofs that it is possible to combine both features in one experience. Motion + Rumble + Speaker. Wow...
To clear it up. I really enjoyed the PS2 with (my favorite games) like MSG, FF, ICO, DQ8.... but Sony mutates to something i only thought Microsoft was capable.
I am pretty sure that some folks will poor their savings (or last Dollar) in the console.
Or to put it the other way, some folks will be excluded from the experience, which i think is sad. A console is about playing freaking games and not watch movies and listen to music.

In the end, it will depend on the games and if there will be enough first party titles to show the true power of the machine. And that what the PS3 is about. The power of the Cell CPU and the graphics.

But i wonder, if the PS3 will be even available at Nov. 17, since they did not start producing them so far. Which makes me believe that they actually modify the console prior to production.[/QUOTE]

Sweet some one with a brain! This comment is exactly what I mean i agree on all levels....like i posted up top trying to be reasonable till furyk decided to go back to being retarded. Anywho like I said not to bash SONY but too many things stick out BESIDES the price of the console to me one being what you said "That Sony excluded the rumble-feature is ok. But the promotion it is to give you a active experience clouds a little the truth. Everybody knows that Sony just don't want to pay Immersion. As a customer, i feel fooled and betrayed." Another is E3 in which more than industry people attend (yes BB or Eb or Gamestop employees using their status to get in) and then spread insane rumors like the infamous Killzone 2 footage (which was horrible prerendered material) but sure enough it worked making people think OMG did you see the in game graphics!... just to make it go bye bye at the next E3. PHil harrison lying left and right or even Kaz who just seems to be crazy at this point. Or im forced into a format with PS3 with Blu-Ray before I even know if its gonna be the winner?

So far all companies have there share of bad garbage but MS and Nintendo seem to be doing the right things (as far as lying to the public, you wouldnt buy a product from anybody else that got caught lying this much would you?) and at least keeping a good image. MS keeps showing in game footage of games (basically mocking the whole pre-rendered SONY strategy) and Nintendo is going all out and trying motion sensing. Again I'll be getting a PS3 but not for a long time.

[quote name='Daddy']You have no brain power what so ever...its too funny you type slowly and still are retarted? ... You seem to be utterly retared at this point ... You are just plain dumb at this point. [/quote]

:applause:

;)

[quote name='Daddy']*more words*[/QUOTE]

So you proceed to call me "retared" for, you know, saying you troll. Oh, I also said you proceed to pull out an example where your point of "bashing" the 360 is saying "I don't think developers should put out costumes or maps on day 1 when they could be included in the game". The sky is blue, cake is delicious, and people enjoy having sex because it feels good. Please, if you're going to attack my intelligence look at your own postings. I don't care your justification, it makes you look hypocritical. Also, one example of you posting a topic is like a child molester working a soup kitchen Thursday nights. Your history of posting on the PS3 forum has been at very least flamebait.

Unlike you, I'm not going to make a topic for flamebait on the 360 forum simply to prove a point. Dead Rising is a great game, it isn't original. That simple. Once again, you're confusing originality with "goodness". There are plenty of incredibly original games (Killer 7) that end up sucking. I have no problem with Dead Rising being GTA with zombies, but when you boil it down, Dead Rising can be easily be put under a catch all as GTA with zombies (and more weapons). I don't post on the 360 forums simply because there's nothing that has come out on the system that I'm interested in besides Dead Rising, Viva Pinata and Amped 3. It's astounding I know. I don't post on a forum for a system I probably won't buy until it drops to around $200 and has more then three games I want to play.

As far as mentioning ports and movie tie-ins as opposed to sequels I just wanted to put out a catch all so you don't complain about leaving such great games like King Kong and Gun as being original titles (not sequels). If you want to make the conversation about simply sequels, then go ahead and we can talk about how games like Snood and the Urbz (spin-off /= sequel, right) praising them about their originality. The only non-sequel that I didn't bring up that was a 360/PC duel release was Prey, BTW.

Why is this grouping of ports in with sequels important? The biggest criticism against the PS3 launch line-up (and the 360) has been that the majority of the games are only better looking versions of what's already out every where else (and in terms of EA games, the games are typically watered down). A port from the PS2/GC/Xbox will not sell me or any gamer not obsessed with Madden on a system. Simply put, the 360 is lacking in titles I can't get anywhere else.

I'm glad you're willing to bring up the point that I don't want to spend more then $200 on a system. I'm much happier having 4 to 6 games before you even have your system. That's why I don't plan on getting a PS3 and that's why I sold my 360 after I realized that. There's a ton of things to say is wrong with Sony, but honestly, to criticize the price of the PS3 when you're passing on 2 360 games, a controller and a few months of Live, I find that hypocritical. The 360 at $400 with it's relative lack of exclusive A titles isn't really that much different then buying a PS3 with it's lack of exclusive A titles plus "free" internet, full backwards compatability, and a Blu-Ray player. That's why I find your posts hypocritical more then any other reason.

If you're going to call me a fanboy, at least do it for a system that I actually plan on buying before 2008. I'm not trying to defend Sony; I'm trying to show how stupid some fanboys are in trying to paint any system, Wii, PS3, or 360 in an unrealistic light. Since Sony is the company that most consistently is being attacked these days (rightfully so in many, many cases) it comes off like I like Sony. Personally, I hate Sony as they killed my favorite company of all time (along with bad business practices). It's just that there are enough games on the PSP and PS2 that I enjoy that justifies me in buying the system. The 360 hasn't reached that point yet because I don't care for FPSes and Racing games (which is where most of their best titles are concentrated). The PS3....well... it has only one game announced I give a shit about (Virtua Fighter 5).

And please, to try and dictate a conversation about "Do you like Sony" back to the original topic is hillarious. You can't pigeonhole a conversation back to whatever it is you want to talk about since it's no longer a Sony bashfest like you want it to be. Also the post you were so happy about was a relatively civil response to something I posted. The only postings in this thread that go without any reasons behind them are yours which are no better then name calling. At least when I'm name calling, it's included in the middle of an actual post.

[quote name='Daddy']Glad you agree but you spelled retarded wrong ;)[/QUOTE]

......he was quoting you to mock you.....

Uhh thats all rambling, and amounts to the topic .... Can you still support SONY in which you said "Personally, I hate Sony as they killed my favorite company of all time (along with bad business practices)." which is what you should have said all along...if you havent caught on between my typing and posting pink versions of PSP its just nudging fanboys so if you arent one you shouldnt mind so much. Either way its still boils down to the games.... so console wise, sure you could pick up games on each system or a PC, but get used to it b/c it boils down to money (what else) and publishing houses are gonna whore it up and send out games on everything with these next gen systems, so again its all a matter of preference and pricing as we move foward. Sorry but to agree with you on some kind of front I cant justify any game being worth the price just to own a system. In Sony's case ill go with Resistance being the ooooo and aaaaahhhh launch title that makes up alot of gamers minds about purchasing the system. One funny point about that game is the "40 players online" which id have to see to believe without either being a huge level or a laggy fookfest nightmare. I guess in the end the only thing SONY offers different from the competition is BLU-RAY, but do we really want blu-ray let alone ready for it? Be ready for 360 & PS3 DLC of tv or movies and maybe even games on these platforms if not the next ones at the latest...it just seems you cant just play games anymore

The only thing I would want a PS3 for is if it can upconvert all my PS1 and PS2 games to play on my HDTV. None of the exclusive games interest me at the moment, and I not even remotely interested in Blu-Ray or any HD DVD technology. The $500 to $600 price point is the killing point for me. I'm not being biased because I thought the $400 price point for 360 was high too. It would be great to wait for a price drop on the 360 but I want the best version of Winning Eleven Soccer 10 that's coming out and it looks like I'll have to shell out for a 360 since the PS3 version of Winning Eleven Soccer won't see the light of day until 2008 most likely. It's sad watching Sony make so many mistakes, PS3 is not going to be the hit that PS2 and PS1 were. I think it's going to do worst than the PSP, which is a scary thought for the gaming industry.

Xbox 360 is pretty much dead in Japan but Sony's biggest competition in it's homeland will be the Nintendo wii. If the current DS vs PSP battle indicates, Nintendo has a really good chance of beating Sony this go around. Here in the States and in Europe, PS3 has the Xbox 360 to contend with. And the Nintendo wii is a dark horse to do well also. Sony's hold on the gaming industry is crumbling around them. Even, If PS3 finishes behind Nintendo and Xbox 360, Sony will have one more chance with the fourth interation of the Playstation but it will be make or break with that system.

[quote name='MadFlava']The only thing I would want a PS3 for is if it can upconvert all my PS1 and PS2 games to play on my HDTV. None of the exclusive games interest me at the moment, and I not even remotely interested in Blu-Ray or any HD DVD technology. The $500 to $600 price point is the killing point for me. I'm not being biased because I thought the $400 price point for 360 was high too. It would be great to wait for a price drop on the 360 but I want the best version of Winning Eleven Soccer 10 that's coming out and it looks like I'll have to shell out for a 360 since the PS3 version of Winning Eleven Soccer won't see the light of day until 2008 most likely. It's sad watching Sony make so many mistakes, PS3 is not going to be the hit that PS2 and PS1 were. I think it's going to do worst than the PSP, which is a scary thought for the gaming industry.

[/quote]
Well, that is your own reasoning.

The truth is the console will most likely be as succesful or even succesfulthan the PS2. The Playstation 2 got alot of heat when it was coming out as well. And this time the PS3 is even getting more due to the competition and it arriving second, as well as offering more than people want to believe (And tend to be dissapointed on).

Although, reading forums to get a clear indication if something will suceed or not is very risky in the fact that negatives tend to be spoken more than positives. I haven't found one person (in my every day life) that isn't willing or wanting to purchase a PS3. Yet it seems like everyone and their uncles hate the PS3 and want it to fail on the selected forum.

It is the new hot thing coming out, and the Wii plays to much of a "We love you all" picture that the only person to pick on is the big dog that costs alot of dough, and it being Sony doesn't help itself either as well as dominating last generation.

In all honesty just like the PS2 did in its generation, and the PSone in his the PS3 will do great (maybe even outsell its rivals) and become the next best console (just like the PS2). Yet once it is clear that the console is great and is absolutely a worthwhile investment people will start bitching about Xbox720 and the PSIvy (Copyrighted by me).

It's not going to be to exciting to see this war out to a close, since it seems to my eyes that it willl most likely follow the same routine the console wars have been known to follow.

But what it really comes down to is seriously Game preference. If you genuinely hate all the PS2/PSone has to offer (GoW, SoC, Okami, KoH2, MGS, DMC, Onimusha, Ico, TM ect.) than of course you shouldn't hold your breath for the next generation of the consoles life. And if that is the case, than it shouldn't even be a viable option speaking in a PS3 discussion forum when you posess no interest in the topic at hand.

I just know that the PS3 will outsell the first day. Thats already proven by others topics...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Well, that is your own reasoning.

1. The truth is the console will most likely be as succesful or even succesfulthan the PS2. The Playstation 2 got alot of heat when it was coming out as well.

2. I just know that the PS3 will outsell the first day. Thats already proven by others topics...[/QUOTE]

1.Ummm the PS2 was the best thing out when it came out WTF are you talking about..it had NO real competition at all till xbox launched way later.

2. Umm since there will be soo few units at launch of course it will sell out, especially after what everyone saw they could get on EBAY for systems from idiots that were willing to pay outrageous amounts. Hell you know how many preorders are for EBAY sales?

Without being biased this will be NOTHING like PS2 or PS1, they have no distinct advantage at all in fact thats why they are soo big on copying everyone elses stuff and adding only Blu-ray as there "new to the market" item to bring to the table. With Ps1 they were fighting carts, with PS2 they were way ahead of everyone with no real competition....this time around they are in trouble face it. Like every business out there now SONY too must feel the heat of this market and the insane competition that everyone else in everyother business must face, and so far to be quite honest its hurting there image. But again not to be baised these games better kick some serious ass if they think they are gonna win this time, and blu-ray has to win AND the price has to come down...thats alot to face heading into a war let alone part of the way through it...good luck SONY

[quote name='Daddy']1.Ummm the PS2 was the best thing out when it came out WTF are you talking about..it had NO real competition at all till xbox launched way later.

2. Umm since there will be soo few units at launch of course it will sell out, especially after what everyone saw they could get on EBAY for systems from idiots that were willing to pay outrageous amounts. Hell you know how many preorders are for EBAY sales?

Without being biased this will be NOTHING like PS2 or PS1, they have no distinct advantage at all in fact thats why they are soo big on copying everyone elses stuff and adding only Blu-ray as there "new to the market" item to bring to the table. With Ps1 they were fighting carts, with PS2 they were way ahead of everyone with no real competition....this time around they are in trouble face it. Like every business out there now SONY too must feel the heat of this market and the insane competition that everyone else in everyother business must face, and so far to be quite honest its hurting there image. But again not to be baised these games better kick some serious ass if they think they are gonna win this time, and blu-ray has to win AND the price has to come down...thats alot to face heading into a war let alone part of the way through it...good luck SONY[/quote]

If you don't like Sony or PS3, why not gtfo of the PS3 forums? Go discuss how crappy it is in the 360 forums.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']If you don't like Sony or PS3, why not gtfo of the PS3 forums? Go discuss how crappy it is in the 360 forums.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is probably the first thing I agree with in this thread. If all you want to do is "OMFG $ONY IS TEH GHEY!! PINK PSP LOLZZZ!!!"

Then yeah...besides that this thread is really pointless and I'm only posting since the faster it gets to 500 posts the faster it will be locked.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']If you don't like Sony or PS3, why not gtfo of the PS3 forums? Go discuss how crappy it is in the 360 forums.[/quote]

Because thought about the PS3 should be here.

Besides, i do like my PS2 but i certainly do not agree with Sony's approach for the "Next-Generation" console.
Even if the Blue-Ray drive makes storagewise sense, it is a heavy burden for all the people with normal jobs.
Also i really hate how they lie to you and try to sell it as something you just need. Well, thats acually good marketing.
Sony trie's to see the limits within the gamingmarket and i am sure that their approach pays off. Especially since most people will buy it anyway, even if it rips a big whole in their pocket.
Not to forget the pricing on the games. We still don't know how much a game will cost. The range is from 60$-100$.

In that view i like Nintendo more, because of the moderate pricing and good game experience. Even if their graphics do not blow you away.

And lastly it has do be seen, if there will be as much 3 party titles this generation around.
A lot of titles are Multiports. The only exception is the Wii, which gives you the same title, but with a new gaming experience.

I do not care, if Sony, Mircosoft or Nintendo will be leading the console-war. I only care about affordable games and systems. And in the moment (and perhaps future) even the XBox360 seems to be affordable in comparison to the PS3. Thats funny.

Also, i do not understand why Sony does not include the HDMI connection on "every" console. This will be a crucial part in taking the full advantage from the Blue-Ray player.

In the end, even i will buy a PS3 (even if it is not in the beginning).

I do believe that Sony researched the pricing and the acceptance, but i just do not see the PS3 as my multimedia center.

I think, i am probably alone with this thoughts.

[quote name='yester']Because thought about the PS3 should be here.

Besides, i do like my PS2 but i certainly do not agree with Sony's approach for the "Next-Generation" console.
Even if the Blue-Ray drive makes storagewise sense, it is a heavy burden for all the people with normal jobs.
Also i really hate how they lie to you and try to sell it as something you just need. Well, thats acually good marketing.
Sony trie's to see the limits within the gamingmarket and i am sure that their approach pays off. Especially since most people will buy it anyway, even if it rips a big whole in their pocket.
Not to forget the pricing on the games. We still don't know how much a game will cost. The range is from 60$-100$.

In that view i like Nintendo more, because of the moderate pricing and good game experience. Even if their graphics do not blow you away.

And lastly it has do be seen, if there will be as much 3 party titles this generation around.
A lot of titles are Multiports. The only exception is the Wii, which gives you the same title, but with a new gaming experience.

I do not care, if Sony, Mircosoft or Nintendo will be leading the console-war. I only care about affordable games and systems. And in the moment (and perhaps future) even the XBox360 seems to be affordable in comparison to the PS3. Thats funny.

Also, i do not understand why Sony does not include the HDMI connection on "every" console. This will be a crucial part in taking the full advantage from the Blue-Ray player.

In the end, even i will buy a PS3 (even if it is not in the beginning).

I do believe that Sony researched the pricing and the acceptance, but i just do not see the PS3 as my multimedia center.

I think, i am probably alone with this thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Nope thats basically what i mean, but in english ;)

[quote name='yester']Actually, i was reading about that game (Viva Pinata that is). Maybe that is something what appeals to a younger autience.

But i wonder, if the PS3 will be even available at Nov. 17, since they did not start producing them so far. Which makes me believe that they actually modify the console prior to production.[/QUOTE]

How can you feel "fooled and betrayed"? You'll know upfront whether it has rumble or not, if it's a dealbreaker for you then don't buy it. 2 of the 4 games you mention, rumble is almost worthless for them (FF and DQ8). It helps for MGS I'm sure and never played ICO so can't comment on that. Having rumble is better than nothing obviously, but it remains to be seen if it's really that important to people.

I never used my PS2 for movies and the same will go for the PS3. I certainly don't feel "fooled and betrayed" though. The system did it's job, great selection of games and reliability held up. IMO the PS2 was like the old NES, so many games to choose from you never get bored. If someone wishes to purchase a second or third system for a few games that's their choice, for me having a modern day system do what the NES did is most important. Saves me money from having to buy multiple consoles.

And then you say in the end it will depend on the 1st party titles showing the true power of the PS3. This is exactly why the console is expensive as it is. There is apparently enough of a market out there where having the "best" graphics will sell the console and not the games. The 360 came out first and people expect the later PS3 to be better in graphics because it's had more time to make the console better so to speak.

The proof is in how many people claim the $300 360 core and $500 20GB PS3 are inferior or junk or whatever. Just like people want the better car and more horsepower people apparently want the better console in terms of hardware. Yet they whine and cry when the price increases. Everyone wants something handed to them on a silver platter.

Nintendo offers an affordable console to the masses and I would gladly buy one because graphics aren't everything for me. The problem is the selection of games is downright horrible. They lost it with the N64 and have never recovered. Who cares if it has rumble and motion-technology and a speaker, none of that matters if they can't offer a good selection of games. You and others say it's about the games but praise Nintendo when they have the worst selection of games.

To make it clear I think $500 is too much for the PS3, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole including the big possibility of bugs/glitches. For $400 no problem though. As I mentioned before in this thread I think that's only $70 more than the $330 PS2 with memory card I bought a year after launch. Since $500 is too much and I wait for glitches to be worked out anyway, I'll wait for the price drop. This is a long way from the "$1200" PS4 you think there will be.

Hmmm not too much longer to wait for the "proof" of PS3...cant even believe its sept 5th already....damn! So supposedly the "demo" units should be ou in stores next month....and TGS is soon too...wonder if KZ2 comes out of nowwhere..that would be a good ploy

[quote name='Apossum']hay guys whats goin on in this thread[/QUOTE]

I said SONY was hurtin, some people tried to defend it...but after today with no europe launch till 07 and no 1080p games...id say even they can agree its lookin really really bad

[quote name='zerolens']How can you feel "fooled and betrayed"? You'll know upfront whether it has rumble or not, if it's a dealbreaker for you then don't buy it. 2 of the 4 games you mention, rumble is almost worthless for them (FF and DQ8). It helps for MGS I'm sure and never played ICO so can't comment on that. Having rumble is better than nothing obviously, but it remains to be seen if it's really that important to people.[/quote]

Fooled just because of the lies they spread. I am not saying that you need that feature, but in many games it makes sense to take you "closer" to the game. To say, that rumble is a useless feature is just dump. Why would you include it in the first place?

I never used my PS2 for movies and the same will go for the PS3. I certainly don't feel "fooled and betrayed" though. The system did it's job, great selection of games and reliability held up. IMO the PS2 was like the old NES, so many games to choose from you never get bored. If someone wishes to purchase a second or third system for a few games that's their choice, for me having a modern day system do what the NES did is most important. Saves me money from having to buy multiple consoles.

Actually, i do not have the money to buy as many games as would like to play. So i make a selection from all the releases and pick the best ones (ratings above 75%). But i still own a GC too, because Mario is not released on the PS so far (other people prefer maybe Master Chief).
But yes, the library is huge on the PS2 side. No questions about that.

And then you say in the end it will depend on the 1st party titles showing the true power of the PS3. This is exactly why the console is expensive as it is. There is apparently enough of a market out there where having the "best" graphics will sell the console and not the games. The 360 came out first and people expect the later PS3 to be better in graphics because it's had more time to make the console better so to speak.

No, the issue is about if and how many games will be specifically developed for the PS3 and go to the limits. Say, games like MGS which are famous for bringing the best out of the PS2 hardware.
Of course later on you will see better (or better used) resources, but that applies to be fair to all consoles.

The proof is in how many people claim the $300 360 core and $500 20GB PS3 are inferior or junk or whatever. Just like people want the better car and more horsepower people apparently want the better console in terms of hardware. Yet they whine and cry when the price increases. Everyone wants something handed to them on a silver platter.

Nintendo offers an affordable console to the masses and I would gladly buy one because graphics aren't everything for me. The problem is the selection of games is downright horrible. They lost it with the N64 and have never recovered. Who cares if it has rumble and motion-technology and a speaker, none of that matters if they can't offer a good selection of games. You and others say it's about the games but praise Nintendo when they have the worst selection of games.

could not follow you with that statement. The lineup is pretty good and there are even to many titles for me to choose.
I think you are more of Xbox/PS2 gamer, since you disliked Nintendo from the N64 (or am i wrong?)
In the end, it is a personal preference.

To make it clear I think $500 is too much for the PS3, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole including the big possibility of bugs/glitches. For $400 no problem though. As I mentioned before in this thread I think that's only $70 more than the $330 PS2 with memory card I bought a year after launch. Since $500 is too much and I wait for glitches to be worked out anyway, I'll wait for the price drop. This is a long way from the "$1200" PS4 you think there will be.

i would not be suprised to see in the future Sony selling at the price or close to it.
Besides a pricedrop will not take place soon. There will be several year going in the land before you see a significant pricedrop. The PS2 still did not hit the 100$ mark.
But i predict the future. Even myself who does not want to pay the price will mostlikely buy the PS3 even at the 500$ pricetag, since waiting is a patient thing and most people are not patient.

[quote name='Daddy']I said SONY was hurtin, some people tried to defend it...but after today with no europe launch till 07 and no 1080p games...id say even they can agree its lookin really really bad[/quote]

Well, ID. For them, only the Xbox/360 is the best console. And the easiest to program.
No, i like John Carmack. His games helped to destroy my nice Amiga.

HAhah...yeah this is gonna be a funny november..I hope Gears of War turns out to be all that and a bag of potato chips

You wanna be real Daddy? Lets be real then. Man up and apologize for having me hold a game till you could transfer money to your pay pal account only to say the transfer was made, waiting for it to go through, only to end up leaving me hanging. So quite riding Sony's jock like you have all of lifes answers figured out.

To be honest I would support them but I wish they would go back to there original PSX layout, I wish they would go back to the high qaulity pearl cases and not the cheap DVD cases. I wish they would whip there RPG's into shape.

I don't mind the blue Ray Virus thing since it would be like getting a free blu-ray drive in a package. The system is going to be just as powerfull as the 360 which I could care less for.

"In the end, it is a personal preference."

That's true but you help prove my point by saying you buy multiple consoles. You and others complain about sony's strategy yet you and others who praise nintendo are ok buying multiple consoles. If I was buying multiple consoles, handhelds, and a gaming PC that extra $100 or more would probably get to me too.

My main point is nintendo shouldn't be praised for offering a console where the people praising it have to buy more hardware for games to keep them busy. Having rumble, motion, and a speaker shouldn't be praised when the choice of games are limited.

I don't see the point in people complaining about pricing when they're ok with buying multiple pieces of hardware to meet that one goal, play video games to pass the time and keep them busy.

If someone prefers xbox games or gamecube games more power to them. But when that console isn't offering enough and people have to go buy additional consoles then the console IMO isn't worth praising. I don't care who makes the console, as a customer I want the one that offers the most and best variety of games.

[quote name='Daddy']HAhah...yeah this is gonna be a funny november..I hope Gears of War turns out to be all that and a bag of potato chips[/quote]

I was actually interested in reading this forum until i notice that Daddy is trolling it. He is quite possibly one of the most unintelligent human beings to ever walk this earth. He is the Forrest Gump of CAG, the Corky to Life Goes On, the Meg to Family Guy, the stingray to Steve Irwin. Basically he's a few points short of mentally retarded and a huge fanboy of anything that is against PS3. He takes everything that is a rumor and believes it's real, but anything positive is "bullshit sony is the sucks". So I would recommend dont bother arguing with him, it's like convincing Tom Cruise that scientology is a load of horse shit.

Oh and it. is. good. to. see. you. Daddy.

if you add periods it helps him seperate the words so he can understand better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back