Lets be real...can you still support SONY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Americanpierg']........DUH, thats because sony always releases their system way before their competition, and since computer technology advances so god fuckin fast, 1 or 2 years make a HUGE difference[/QUOTE]

He's referring to the reliability of Sony's consoles which is far from impeccable.

[quote name='Americanpierg']true that, xbox 360 sucks, ps3 sucks, GIVE ME SOMETHING FUN...can you say wii? also cant wait for super paper mario, why cant we get games anymore that are fun like back in the 16bit days, now all we get are fuckin retarded FPS and sports and racing[/quote]

:shame: 360 is far from suckage, and I'm sure the PS3 won't suck either. There is just an absence of good reasons to buy the PS3 for that kind of money unless you are just straight up fanboy, you have more money than you know what to do with, or plan on selling 16 of them (aka losing 10K).

I can't justify getting an Xbox 360 or a PS3 at this point. Xbox 360 has exactly one game I'd want to play (Oblivion) with nothing much coming out soon that I'm interested in. I was planning on getting the Wii/PS3 combo as I have an HDTV and would like, finally, after 3 years to see some HD content on it. But then I look at games coming out for the PS3 and I find nothing there either, except FF 13 which isn't coming out any time soon. MGS, Gran Turismo, GTA, DMC, Halo, those kinds of thing don't interest me in the slightest.

I'll definitely be getting a Wii though. Plus I have 3 kids - couldn't NOT get the newest Mario, et al... I love the PS2 for all the RPG's, and as someone said above, there are alot of games coming out for PS2 this year and next - and a number of those are top notch RPG's. While I could get the PS3 and enjoy some Blu-Ray and a game or two, the lack of interesting titles (for me) means I probably ought to wait until the inevitable hardware problems are sorted out.

I have to admit, I was tempted to buy an Xbox 360 when I saw the bundles at Costco the other day (and by the way, I picked one up for the first time - what the hell, is the power supply a fucking gold brick??). I would love to play Oblivion on my HDTV with surround sound and all, but $500+ for one game is a bit steep :D.

What I might end up doing is waiting until about this time next year and getting a PS3 bundle at Costco for the 'warranty'. Or possibly if Xbox360 drops by then and if some RPG's come out I might consider that as an option.

Besides RPG's, the one game I'd buy an HD-capable system for is a next-gen Star Wars Battlefront, which I hear they are working on. Of course, that is likely to come out on both Xbox360 and PS3, and not before next year.

The Wii I'm getting on launch day though - plenty of games for the kids and games for me (Zelda and Metroid for example). That and my backlog of PS2 and GC games will keep me busy for a while :D.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']You cant expect much from fanboys of systems.And daddy is clearly a fanboy for 360.[/QUOTE]

Actually im not and there is NO SUCH THING as a fanboy if your a real gamer...you go where the games are plain and simple, this isnt sports people.

I have a PSP, and have owned every system but Neo geo...yes even a PS2. PS3 is just bunk at this point and for some time to come based on all the votes its clear to see that alone. It will be quite some time before most people pick up a PS3. All systems have continued franchises and tanuki you named alot of cross platform games there chief and id be the first to say no I dont like DW5,PDO, or amped by any means. If i had to give systems there props well 360 is a hefty FPS console if your into that (which I am) and its online structure and interface is at the forefront of gaming which you cant deny. PS2 has a nice ORIGINAL section of games that cant be ignored either like GOW and Guitar Hero ect... Game cubes RE4 was classic and the metroid games.

All i know is its pretty hard for me to pop in alot of the older games now that ive played GRAW or Oblivion...they just look horrible in comparison which to tell you the truth there was been an age old arguement about graphics or gameplay....theres alot of decent games out there when you give them the visual overhaul its pretty impressive....obviously if we took Kabuki Warrios and made it HD it would still suck, but alot of games just look like crap now to me. I threw GTA Vice City in last night man i felt like I went back 10 years when i looked at it on screen. My girlfriend is like why does the game look so bad...i laughed I was like its a BC game. Granted games like NINJA GAIDEN BLACK look nice with the upscaling and I dont mind, but some old crap is just dead to me.

Its time to move foward, 360 is in the lead right now (which at the same time can be a downfall....see dreamcast) but all the things it has as a gaming system is a pretty impressive package to ignore and the online is top notch...hell its hard to buy offline games at this point anymore. Wii could be my next addition but i need to see this thing in person in action before making that decision. There is one thing to note ALOT of games on 360 arent garbage (ok Perfect Dark and Ridge Racer are), but there will be lapses in games releases since the system is realitivley new, the whole DLC thing is really really nice and im glad to see new innovative things like LIVE and LIVE ARCADE and LIVE ANYWHERE (although getting text messgaes for clan matches might be the nerdiest thing ever....bhabhab)

[quote name='Daddy']
Its time to move foward, 360 is in the lead right now (which at the same time can be a downfall....see dreamcast)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, about that...PS2 is actually in the lead right now concerning consoles believe it or not. If you meant next-gen lead then whoopee...no other next-gen consoles are out yet :p

What this thread amounts to after 10 pages

Honey.jpg

Sony won't exactly suffer.
I'm a bit of a diehard PS2/Sony fan and i've come to the decision that I doubt i'll get a PS3. There's the obvious reasons.... lies about the system, the overblown price, etc etc. But there's 1 point a lot of people fail to see.

This year everyone was screaming "Console War!" over E3. In fact that wasn't much of an issue. PS3 and the 360 have literally become overblown to the point of basically being a personal computer gaming system, and not much of a "console for games". They want to do everything aside also playing games (music, movies, ass wiping). I usually get a kick in the balls when I say it, but the Wii was the only real "GAME console" shown.

It all comes down to the question... do you want a computer, or a games console. Because I already have a computer.

Sony will suffer, and they'll deny it all through this generation. 360 has too much momentum, and Wii is too different for them to compete with. Especially when they're shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get.

Bottom line is, sony's going to be the minority console this generation. Might have some fine looking and good playing software, but 90% of it will be on 360 without so much graphical flair, and Wii with added motion features. Third Party exclusives will be very rare this gen. Mark my words.

[quote name='jer7583']Sony will suffer, and they'll deny it all through this generation. 360 has too much momentum, and Wii is too different for them to compete with. Especially when they're shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get.

Bottom line is, sony's going to be the minority console this generation. Might have some fine looking and good playing software, but 90% of it will be on 360 without so much graphical flair, and Wii with added motion features. Third Party exclusives will be very rare this gen. Mark my words.[/QUOTE]
360 in no way has too much momentum, especially since the PS2, a 6 year old system is outselling it. I can't see how the PS3 will be the minority though, it already has the more exclusive games for it and it isn't even out yet. Plus people will be buying it because of 1. The Playstation Name 2. Blu Ray 3. Most Powerful Console (people that have to have the most powerful one) 4. The exclusive games on it.

I have a PC that I use for gaming so I have no need for a 360, but the PS3 will have more than PC game ports so I will want that.

3rd party exclusives be a minority? Yeah...I dont know where you are getting that from, but its not going to be true at all. Please explain your logic behind this if you can.

[quote name='whoknows']360 in no way has too much momentum, especially since the PS2, a 6 year old system is outselling it. I can't see how the PS3 will be the minority though, it already has the more exclusive games for it and it isn't even out yet. Plus people will be buying it because of 1. The Playstation Name 2. Blu Ray 3. Most Powerful Console (people that have to have the most powerful one) 4. The exclusive games on it.

I have a PC that I use for gaming so I have no need for a 360, but the PS3 will have more than PC game ports so I will want that.

3rd party exclusives be a minority? Yeah...I dont know where you are getting that from, but its not going to be true at all. Please explain your logic behind this if you can.[/QUOTE]

Out selling it doubt that...if so its b/c people are too cheap to make the next step into next gen....as far as your #'s go 1-4 ....

#1=No one wants to pay that much just for name right out of the gate

#2= Who says that ill win and who the hell wants a combo electronic...so when my gaming machine breaks I have no blu-ray player or vice versa

#3- Most powerful in terms of? The blu-ray drive? What exactly 1080P that no one has or the fact that the native is not even true 1080p

#4 What exclusive titles? MSGS4, Tekken or what? Name more than 5 titles confirmed let alone completed?

So far we are talking about a paper machine and paper games not even finished.

3rd party exclusives...I can answer that. If you go back a few pages i actually did...short story is next gen production is at an insane high as far as cost to create a game due to larger staffs and budgets ect.... not many production houses can afford AAA titles let alone AA titles and risk a failure that could take them out of the "game" business. You see companies whoring it up to all platforms except your in house compaines SONY has a few and MS was smart enough to buy up a few as well like LIONHEAD studios and RARE.

PS- I am in no why bais about the systems and will have them all eventaully, looking at this logically the choice right now is 360 for next gen stuff and Wii for everything else....then pick up PS3 later down the road to pick up any missed games and non ports

[quote name='Daddy']Out selling it doubt that...if so its b/c people are too cheap to make the next step into next gen....as far as your #'s go 1-4 ....

#2= Who says that ill win and who the hell wants a combo electronic...so when my gaming machine breaks I have no blu-ray player or vice versa

#3- Most powerful in terms of? The blu-ray drive? What exactly 1080P that no one has or the fact that the native is not even true 1080p

#4 What exclusive titles? MSGS4, Tekken or what? Name more than 5 titles confirmed let alone completed?

3rd party exclusives...I can answer that. If you go back a few pages i actually did...short story is next gen production is at an insane high as far as cost to create a game due to larger staffs and budgets ect.... not many production houses can afford AAA titles let alone AA titles and risk a failure that could take them out of the "game" business. You see companies whoring it up to all platforms except your in house compaines SONY has a few and MS was smart enough to buy up a few as well like LIONHEAD studios and RARE.

PS- I am in no why bais about the systems and will have them all eventaully, looking at this logically the choice right now is 360 for next gen stuff and Wii for everything else....then pick up PS3 later down the road to pick up any missed games and non ports[/QUOTE]
People either can't afford it or have no interest in 360 games...either or.

1. As far as you know. There will be people buying it for the fact that its the next Playstation.

2. PS3 games will be on blu-ray discs so it only makes sense it also plays blu-ray movies...360 is a combo electronic too :dunce:

3. The PS3 is a more powerful system than the 360 overall, just look at the specs.

4. Devil May Cry 4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Heavenly Sword, Mercenaries 2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, Virtua Fighter 5...Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.

[quote name='Daddy']Out selling it doubt that...if so its b/c people are too cheap to make the next step into next gen....as far as your #'s go 1-4 ....

PS- I am in no why bais about the systems and will have them all eventaully, looking at this logically the choice right now is 360 for next gen stuff and Wii for everything else....then pick up PS3 later down the road to pick up any missed games and non ports[/quote]

its the truth the ps2 is the best welling system right now

[quote name='whoknows']People either can't afford it or have no interest in 360 games...either or.

1. As far as you know. There will be people buying it for the fact that its the next Playstation.

2. PS3 games will be on blu-ray discs so it only makes sense it also plays blu-ray movies...360 is a combo electronic too :dunce:

3. The PS3 is a more powerful system than the 360 overall, just look at the specs.

4. Devil May Cry 4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Heavenly Sword, Mercenaries 2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, Virtua Fighter 5...Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.[/quote]

1. But a lot of people laugh at the Sony name as well, Nintendo and Xbox fans for instance. Especially this generation and especially after E3 they are the joke of the business for now.

2. Who the hell cares about blu-ray? As far as a lot of reports have shown, there's barely any difference between that and HD-DVD so far.

3. Haha, yeah right...http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
  • The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.
  • The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.
  • The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.
Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.

4. DMC is pretty fun, Killzone will be beat (again) by Halo (I don't like Halo, but there is no stopping it..ever), Final Fantasy (of course) is always a reason to get a Playstation, there's always a huge backing for that game, MGS4 is rumored to be coming to the 360 at some point*, lol @ Ratchet and Clank and Virtua Fighter.
*=if that happens, Sony sinks much further.

With that I still ask: why pay 600 dollars for a machine that IS less powerful than the 360, less innovate than the Wii, more expensive (by 100 dollars at least) than the 360 and at least $250 more than the Wii, and has had the worst presentation for a console this year (E3).

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']1. But a lot of people laugh at the Sony name as well, Nintendo and Xbox fans for instance. Especially this generation and especially after E3 they are the joke of the business for now.

2. Who the hell cares about blu-ray? As far as a lot of reports have shown, there's barely any difference between that and HD-DVD so far.

I dont see your point here...

4. DMC is pretty fun, Killzone will be beat (again) by Halo (I don't like Halo, but there is no stopping it..ever), Final Fantasy (of course) is always a reason to get a Playstation, there's always a huge backing for that game, MGS4 is rumored to be coming to the 360 at some point*, lol @ Ratchet and Clank and Virtua Fighter.
Just because Killzone will be beat by Halo doesnt make it any worse of a game. Killzone has a pretty good following and a very very active online community (I have rarely encountered some asshole swearing and saying racial remarks while I'm playing, and when I did I reported it to the developers via playstation.com message boards), and with the developers constantly trying to figure out what would make online better, so if they do the same with Killzone 2 then I'll be very happy.

Dont count on MGS4 getting ported, Kojima has said he doesnt like porting.

Lol @ Ratchet and Clank and Virtua Fighter? Both are A rated series. Virtua Fighter arguably the best fighte (easily the deepest) and Ratched one of the best platformer/shooter games...

With that I still ask: why pay 600 dollars for a machine that IS less powerful than the 360, less innovate than the Wii, more expensive (by 100 dollars at least) than the 360 and at least $250 more than the Wii, and has had the worst presentation for a console this year (E3).

Why I would buy any system, the GAMES. I dont care how cheap or how powerful the 360 is, I have no interest in the games so I would be wasting my money buying it. I have a PC for any 360 game I would want. As for the Wii, I wont buy until I try. If Nintendo does what the did with the Gamecube then fuck them. Until I try the Wiimote for myself I'm going not to praise it for being...OMFG TEH INNOVATION!! I am very interested in the Wii (namely SSBB) but I cant say much about the Wiimote until I actually play with it myself.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']1. But a lot of people laugh at the Sony name as well, Nintendo and Xbox fans for instance. Especially this generation and especially after E3 they are the joke of the business for now.

3. Haha, yeah right...http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

With that I still ask: why pay 600 dollars for a machine that IS less powerful than the 360, less innovate than the Wii, more expensive (by 100 dollars at least) than the 360 and at least $250 more than the Wii, and has had the worst presentation for a console this year (E3).[/quote]

4. thats a stupid rumor that got started by abunch of xbox fanboys,Kojima said he is going to be looking at doing games for other systems after MGS4
and he is intreged by the wii.

[quote name='whoknows']
I dont see your point here...[/quote]
My point was to disprove your statement (as well as the popular opinion) that the PS3 is the most powerful system.

[quote name='whoknows'] Just because Killzone will be beat by Halo doesnt make it any worse of a game. Killzone has a pretty good following and a very very active online community (I have rarely encountered some asshole swearing and saying racial remarks while I'm playing, and when I did I reported it to the developers via playstation.com message boards), and with the developers constantly trying to figure out what would make online better, so if they do the same with Killzone 2 then I'll be very happy.

Dont count on MGS4 getting ported, Kojima has said he doesnt like porting.

Lol @ Ratchet and Clank and Virtua Fighter? Both are A rated series. Virtua Fighter arguably the best fighte (easily the deepest) and Ratched one of the best platformer/shooter games...

Why I would buy any system, the GAMES. I dont care how cheap or how powerful the 360 is, I have no interest in the games so I would be wasting my money buying it. I have a PC for any 360 game I would want. As for the Wii, I wont buy until I try. If Nintendo does what the did with the Gamecube then fuck them. Until I try the Wiimote for myself I'm going not to praise it for being...OMFG TEH INNOVATION!! I am very interested in the Wii (namely SSBB) but I cant say much about the Wiimote until I actually play with it myself.[/quote]
So you're fine with paying at least $660 dollars + tax JUST to play MGS4 or Killzone 2 or the next Ratchet and Clank or Virtua Fighter? Ok, well this is no comparison to 360 or Wii thread, and I'm certainly not going to try and sell the systems to anyone or anything like that. But my original post in here still stands, I can't support Sony this gen because:
1. Price is outrageous.
2. Too much junk in the system that I don't want/need (mainly the blu-ray).
3. Reliability of Sony is dropping. They started off with the idea that they would be the most powerful system and the leader in the video game world. They are already being outpowered and very outpriced, and now there's more rumors as to even more downgrades from the system in the near future.
4. Better games are elsewhere. I've played Killzone and the MGSs and I've also played the Splinter Cells and the Halos and other better titles (better in my opinion and better rated) on different systems.
5. Lack of creativity. Everything they are doing with the system has already been done.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']My point was to disprove your statement (as well as the popular opinion) that the PS3 is the most powerful system.[/quote]

I was referring to this:

So you're fine with paying at least $660 dollars + tax JUST to play MGS4 or Killzone 2 or the next Ratchet and Clank or Virtua Fighter? Ok, well this is no comparison to 360 or Wii thread, and I'm certainly not going to try and sell the systems to anyone or anything like that. But my original post in here still stands, I can't support Sony this gen because:
1. Price is outrageous.
2. Too much junk in the system that I don't want/need (mainly the blu-ray).
3. Reliability of Sony is dropping. They started off with the idea that they would be the most powerful system and the leader in the video game world. They are already being outpowered and very outpriced, and now there's more rumors as to even more downgrades from the system in the near future.
4. Better games are elsewhere. I've played Killzone and the MGSs and I've also played the Splinter Cells and the Halos and other better titles (better in my opinion and better rated) on different systems.
5. Lack of creativity. Everything they are doing with the system has already been done.
1. Price doesnt matter to me because the PS3 will be my only next gen console for a very, very long time. Not only that it will be backwards compatible with all my PS1/PS2 games which is a big, big plus with me.
2. Too much junk, I agree, which is why I will be getting the $500 version. I dont have an HDTV and dont plan to get one so the HDMI port means nothing to me.
3. Sony said the price isn't set in stone, so maybe more downgrades= cheaper price? We can hope.
4. It has the most games that interest me, better games are elsewhere in your opinion, but the games I like are all going to be on the PS3, and any 360 game I want I will be able to get for the PS3/PC so I have no reason to get a 360, and somehow I see the Wii going the way of the Cube, and until its proven otherwise, I'll wait (or until SSBB comes out).
5. I could care less about "Creativity" the thing I care about is that the system plays games, and games I like for that matter. I dont care about the motion sensing controller (this goes for the Wii too unless it turns out to be amazing), I dont care about high definition, I dont care about blu-ray or HD-DVD, I just want to play games, with a normal controller on my normal chair in front of my normal TV.

[quote name='whoknows']People either can't afford it or have no interest in 360 games...either or.

4. Devil May Cry 4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Heavenly Sword, Mercenaries 2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, Virtua Fighter 5...Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.[/QUOTE]

1. those are the retards who pay double on ebay.

2.Ehhhhh...wrong, its both your Blu-ray player and your gaming system again if it breaks you cant watch BLU_RAY MOVIES.....360 has a stand alone player....if the player breaks i can still play games plus the system itself isnt running the moive the stand alone player is...in the opposite case how ever if the 360 breaks then ya both are toasty.

3. Ha your telling me about teraflops? Even one is way enough if not what part of the specs are you referring too? Do you even understand them? At no point in the past have specs like these even mattered in regaurds to a console and i doubt even 20% of PS fans can even understand them....all you see is bigger numbers here or there....gimmie a break

4. Killzone was the most pathetic game ever,then again if you wanted FPS you only had that and Socom... the fact that you mention Killzone 2 would make anyone laugh...so you wanna refer to a game from E3 2005 that was pure FMV/cut scenes instead of REAL IN GAME FOOTAGE, that also Disappeared at E3 2006 b/c they knew that shit would NEVER stand up to what they played the year before?

Warhawk...oh the one from E3 where the duschebag testing the game actually moves his body like its nessesary to make the plane move? That guy was the stupidest looking guy ever trying to do some PR to make the game more entertaining...you move the controller not your body...he tried to make it a bit more entertaining then it was...you know like someone playing a game on there couch (FPS) and they lean over to try to see further around a corner..babahbabh

Virtua Fighter 5? Are you living in asia? I mean that is a huge arcade game in asia...here in the US we dont have arcades anymore except at the boardwalk...hope you dont plan on playing online (if SONY even has a real online structure that ends up working) b/c the people overseas will romper stomp you...not to mention who the heck cares about virtua fighter, how old and uninventive is that series nowadays

Rachet and clank? Comon your joking right? Well if you have kids you can slide on this one otherwise i guess this is the SONY version of Mario?

DMC4- Ok I can rationalize this one... ONLY if I had a PS2 and never an XBOX...NINJA GAIDEN BLACK is where its at but if I didnt have an XBOX I would be on DMC, but they are very very similar except there are so many more moves/combos in NINJA GAIDEN and modes that this isnt even a close battle and the story is better in NGB ...IMO...again I like both games but they are similar in many ways.

MGS4- Ill give you this one, and I really hope its good....the story is the biggest part of this franchise...I remember loving it till Splinter Cell really did become the MG killer that year, granted the gameplay is better in SC but MGS story is untouchable

FF13- Well after FF7 I fell asleep, you can keep this one but it will sell like hotcakes and you are correct sir

Mercs 2---We shall see

Heavenly sword- Gotta see more than what ive seen so far

In short there are my answers, but again you named all paper games that i highly doubt will be out for launch in 5 months

PS- Here you can use the new PS3 secret viewing window:

scarfdork.jpg

The PS3 is a bargain in this current market, at least in my opinion. For $600, I get a Blu-ray player and a new Playstation. HD media is long overdue (TV shouldn't be the only reason for an HD set, current DVDs are a waste for current HDTVs). Incorporating a Playstation inside a blu-ray player is just bonus to me. I get my Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, and HD movies all in one device until decent blu-ray players are actually affordable (under $300 in my opinion).

I'm pretty sure a crummy blu-ray player (assuming the PS3 blows at movie playing) at 1080p will still look better then top of the line DVD players at 480i/p.

If it lasts as long as my launch PS2, I'll be extremely happy. By the way, my PS2, from launch, still works perfectly. DVD movies and games.

[quote name='b3b0p']The PS3 is a bargain in this current market, at least in my opinion. For $600, I get a Blu-ray player and a new Playstation. HD media is long overdue (TV shouldn't be the only reason for an HD set, current DVDs are a waste for current HDTVs). Incorporating a Playstation inside a blu-ray player is just bonus to me. I get my Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, and HD movies all in one device until decent blu-ray players are actually affordable (under $300 in my opinion).

I'm pretty sure a crummy blu-ray player (assuming the PS3 blows at movie playing) at 1080p will still look better then top of the line DVD players at 480i/p.

If it lasts as long as my launch PS2, I'll be extremely happy. By the way, my PS2, from launch, still works perfectly. DVD movies and games.[/QUOTE]

HDTV right now is a joke...only premium channels and a few others scattered here and there...i dont think the "entire" market is ready for HDTV until 2007 at the earliest or at least until ALL tv is in HD

Also you can check most of what im saying on any video/audiophile site like avsforums........dont know how many people actually go there from the videogame world...I wasnt gonna even post it but saw the Blu-ray post and was like hmmm ok...I wasnt gonna open that can of worms but someone did...like the 1080p are you ready post....Sony is getting beat down from everything im seeing so far

God, is there anywhere that people looking forward to the PS3 can discuss it without every thread being so damn negative? Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of every single online community being the same way, completely biased towards the PS3 and orgasming over the Wii, with a few people content with their 360 and even less people looking forward to the PS3.

Time to do this 1993 style.

"People won't buy it just for a name", yes, people will buy it just for a name. The same reason people buy the same god damn action RPG lite over and over again just because it's called "Zelda", the same reason people buy every single version of a portable console, just because it's "Nintendo". Brand loyalty isn't just something Nintendo gets, everything in the world has its die hards.

"There is no difference between Blu Ray and HD-DVD". yes, their is a difference. Maximum storage size is different, bandwidth is different, and manufacturing process is different. However, this isn't the main point, it's as silly as a DVD-A vs SA-CD debate. The main point is they are BOTH infinitely superior to DVD. Any of you who can't tell the difference aren't really watching a BRD or HD-DVD, are watching it on a uncalibrated TV set, or are blind as hell. If you can't see the difference between DVD and TRUE high definition [meaning exclusively 1080i/p]

"There is too much junk on these consoles", fuck you, this is the future, live with it. My cell phone can play MP3's, record videos, display images, watch movies, play video games, browse the internet, send text messages, use email, save voice memos, it's a clock, a stopwatch, a calendar, a datebook, a phone book, an organizer, it's also an alarm clock and a flashlight. My cable box can browse real estate, play karaoke, stream music, download programming on demand, it will soon function as a billing terminal and basic web browser. I'm tired of trying to see it from all sides, I'll just come out and say it on my side? You know what's junk in my opinion? fucking remote controls, control attachments, and non standard optical media!

"Those exclusives aren't really exclusives, they're just sequels" And your games aren't? Halo, what? THREE. Super Smash Brothers Brawl..hmm..? The THIRD game in the series? How many Marios? How many Zeldas? How many Metroids? That's the way it is in video gaming, people like a game, that game's going to keep getting made. The second that Nintendo decides to get rid of Mario and Zelda, the second all you fan boys break into tears. LIKEWISE, some of us want Final Fantasy, or Metal Gear, or Gran Turismo. Stop acting like sequels are a bad thing, your sequels just have a fancy remote to go with them.

"The PS3's too expensive!!" And since when has gaming NOT been expensive? Cartridge games used to be at least $59 on release, some even $100, on BOTH major consoles. Playstation was $300, Saturn was $400. Wages were lower back then, manufacturing costs were higher, and the interest was LESS mainstream. Cheapassgamer could have NEVER existed in the early 90's, because deals were too far and few to be found. A Wii, a controller attachment, and a game will still cost you more than $300. A 360 will still cost $400 for the console and games are going to stay at $60 if you want the latest and greatest.

And you know what? Giant enemy crabs and RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACER are going to outsell and put your Revolution in third place, where it belongs. Sega..in this case Sony...does what Nintendon't.

i agree with most of your post except the part where you predict the WII ending up in 3rd place.

I think it will end up in 2nd place with 360 in 3rd.
Halo 3 and a price drop will help sell a ton of 360s but thats probably another year away.

[quote name='sarausagi']

And you know what? Giant enemy crabs and RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACER are going to outsell and put your Revolution in third place, where it belongs. Sega..in this case Sony...does what Nintendon't.[/quote]

Um last time I checked RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAACER 6 is on the 360 and it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. IT got mediocre reviews, and hasn't sold well so don't expect much from a PS3 version.

Who buys RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAACER anymore when there is Gran Turismo, Project Gotham Racing, Forza, etc....

[quote name='tilcfast']Um last time I checked RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAACER 6 is on the 360 and it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. IT got mediocre reviews, and hasn't sold well so don't expect much from a PS3 version.

Who buys RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAACER anymore when there is Gran Turismo, Project Gotham Racing, Forza, etc....[/QUOTE]

the ps3 RR is a brand new game not a port.
I still buy RR games. Prefer them over gran turismo anyday.

and its RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEERRRRRRRRRR
So everyone is gonna buy it,

There is sooo much crap in sarausagi's post it smells through my pc but i guess i have to post back:

Mentioning HD-DVD and Blu-ray is a waste ,no one is 'really" ready for it and those that are "really" ready for it are the true audio/videophiles so unless your tryin bash Wii here this is a waste of conversatition. Trying to keep up with HDTV technology is such a waste its changing at such a fast rate that what ever you buy something better is out within 4-6 months TV wise so have fun with your 1080P mucho expensive investment.

Multifunctioning consoles- Ok doing lots of stuff is great, but making a device a combo device is like a tv/vcr or in this case Blu-ray/videogame console. In Ps3 case they HAVE TO WIN the format war and its still IN the system so if one breaks your screwed..no movies and no games.....in Wii case well its not there and in 360 case they dont FORCE you to accept HD-DVD but you can add the player if you want and if it breaks well then I can at least play my games till its fixed.

Exclusives- the point here isnt future versions of titles (which dont always end up to hot in MOST cases) but you said "exclusives"...which again ill state wont be happening too much except for in house publishers due to cost for making games .If you are talking about continuning franchises for games they end up "NOOB" friendly at best like Halo 2 for example and others well...I guess Mario never dies for some. Point being looking for games to be original granted EVERY console has something in that catagorey so no one should get bashed here

Price...you said "Cheapassgamer could have NEVER existed in the early 90's, because deals were too far and few to be found" Someone should tell you first off that your not in the 90's, Secondly you can be cheapass no matter when or what the subject or time is. At $600 bucks to start.... then tax and one game we are talking over $700 at bare bones for your "supreme" launch day. Sorry thats absurd, and down right stupid...the people falling for this are the brand whores, electronics junkies and the same noobs who whine about games being to hard and make dev's dumb them down. Ever think what your $700 investment in this system would look like if Blu-ray didnt win the format war?

I think you smoked the same thing Ken from SONY did b/c your obviously fanboying it up. Again its about the games so i dont care who has them, I want it at an affordable price, on a comparable system. NOT being lied to, scammed or blatantly danced in my face about superiority....all of Which SONY does and has done since E3 of LAST year....question for you and SONY.....Where is your badass KILLZONE 2 amazing looking game? Why did almost all your specs from last year get pulled? Why are you making dual sku's with obsolete options on your stripped down model? Why are all the Blu-ray titles out now looking like crap? Why did you re-delay Blu-ray players? Will you make November launch day and if so wont you cater more to Japan than the US? (Bet your local Eb gets 3 premiums and 1 regular at launch...LOL) What happens to your system if Blu-ray loses the format war? No rumble feature? Why did the dork at E3 demo warhawk and move his body around more than the controller? Do you have a 100% finished working PS3 thats not hooked up to a PC yet? Why have remote access from a PSP when PSP sucks? ...now I need to spend even more money...hooray?!?! I can keep going b/c right now its not hard to bash SONY....... sure I can throw in some names of games that arent even finished to make SONY look good like MGS4 but why talk about a non-exsistant product? I bet a nice shiny "cheapass" penny they delay PS3 again...if so that should or could be the final nail in the coffin unless we see a price drop magically (think ABRA....CADABRA) right before launch...but with good old smilly Ken I doubt it.

PS- Nintendo revolutionized and has been innovative in this industry, XBOX and bringing XBOX LIVE has done so as well...what has SONY done besides copy and toot its own horn? Dont say magic crab videos

[quote name='Daddy']PS- Nintendo revolutionized and has been innovative in this industry, XBOX and bringing XBOX LIVE has done so as well...what has SONY done besides copy and toot its own horn? Dont say magic crab videos[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you COMPLETELY missed the point

I said GIANT crabs, not MAGIC crabs, there's a world of difference

NOT

[quote name='sarausagi']Whoa, whoa, whoa, you COMPLETELY missed the point

NOT

[/QUOTE]

NICE dodge move....funny to say the least....hmmm now where could that crab shack be?

CHECK THIS OUT HERE...ON A DIFFERENT FRONT, here is SONY copying PQI Intelligent stick ...one reader posts this response:

Breaking News, Sony re-invents the wheel!... It now features the SONY logo!...

Come on Sony... I had my PQI Intelligent stick in my wallet on my butt for the last 3 years and it works like a charm...

Or may be you are "investing in potential technology" just like the PS3

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/sony-shrinks-usb-drives-184260.php

Sony sore over huge bill for additional taxes

Tokyo tax authority says electronics giant owes an extra $244 million due to underreporting in its games business.

The Tokyo Regional Tax Bureau served Sony and Sony Computer Entertainment with a notice for 74.4 billion yen (about $650 million) in unreported income, ITmedia reported today. As a result, the tax authority claims that Sony owes about 27.9 billion (over $244 million) in additional taxes. Both Sony and SCE plan to protest the taxes, as is evident from the statement they released today condemning the tax bureau's behavior: "We have always made appropriate tax payments in compliance with the tax codes of [the relevant] countries; this notice [from the tax bureau] is unsatisfactory."

The penalty stems from the "transfer price tax system," which is designed to prevent companies from performing transactions between their domestic and overseas affiliates at lower than usual prices. The allegedly unreported revenues are related to transactions between SCE and its US subsidiaries in connection with its game business between FY 1999 and 2004, and CD and DVD disc transactions between Sony and multiple overseas subsidiaries from FY 2003 to 2004. The tax authorities hold that Sony was under obligation to report these transactions as they occurred at lower than normal prices.

For its part, Sony and SCE have stated "we are confident we can avoid this double taxation" by invoking [international] tax treaties to open bilateral talks.

SONY lying and getting caught? No never...... lol

[quote name='Metal Boss']Can't you devote your internet time to something else now?[/QUOTE]
If you keep ignoring him he might eventually go away

[quote name='Metal Boss']Can't you devote your internet time to something else now?[/QUOTE]

Well just keeping all the info ine one spot....dont be mad im a metal gear fan too :)

I personally won't be buying a PS3, but if I know my brother/father, they'll get one and I can just mooch. I gotz teh colleges 2 pay 4, so Wii for me.

[quote name='whoknows']

Farcry? Drakengard 2? I think you are wrong in this case. Until Assassins Creed is announced to be on the 360, its not a cross platform game.[/QUOTE]

Ready to eat those words heres a told ya so:

Help GameSpot | GameFAQs | Metacritic | MP3.com | TV.com
E-mail:
Password:
Join GameSpot | Forgot Login background color: search: home pc ps2 ps3 psp xbox xbox 360 gc wii ds gba mobile news tech downloads videos features forums Join GameSpot All News PC News Console News Industry News Rumor Control News Spots Rumor Control
Assassin's Creed is/isn't PS3 exclusive...again? Source: Hearsay from France's Interactive Digital Entertainment Festival, as reported on every single gaming site in the universe.

The official story: See below.

What we heard: If pre-release hype is anything to go on, then Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed is looking like a good bet to rule sales charts when it's released in 2007. The stealthy game has been drooled over since its showing at this year's E3, and fans aren't even sure what platforms it will be on.

The game has been confirmed as a PlayStation 3 game, but was announced as Project Assassin at the Xbox-centric X05 last year. Ubisoft has repeatedly said that the game is coming to the PS3 and no other announcements have been made, but others claimed that the game was running on a 360 dev kit at E3.

Further doubt of PS3 exclusivity was thrown into the mix this week when Web sites began reporting that Ubisoft confirmed at the Interactive Digital Entertainment Festival last week that the game would be coming to the Xbox 360 and PC. Which Web sites? It's not quite clear yet, though the rumor appears to have spawned on European-based Web sites.

For those of you who predicted that Ubisoft would deny any other platforms for Assassin's Creed, pat yourself on the back. A rep told GameSpot News: "Assassin’s Creed is coming to the PS3. No other announcements have been made."

As stated before, all signs point toward Assassin's Creed heading to other platforms. Officially, however, the game is a PS3 title.

Bogus or not bogus?: We've been through this before, and we're sticking with Bogus that it's a PS3 exclusive. We would be shocked to find this not end up on the Xbox 360 or PC.

Posted by TimSpot, Jul 7, 2006 2:06 am PT

In short id say the chances of cross platform are dead on

Ok, so some unknown websites say its going to be on the 360 and PC yet Ubisoft says: "Assassin’s Creed is coming to the PS3. No other announcements have been made."...what are you trying to prove? Unless Ubisoft said it themselves its still not a cross platform title.

I'm not saying it wont end up on 360/PC, but until its announced to be on those platforms it's currently PS3 only.

[quote name='whoknows']

I'm not saying it wont end up on 360/PC, but until its announced to be on those platforms it's currently PS3 only.[/QUOTE]

That wasnt the tune w/ many when i posted it....and for the record ALOT of websites are saying it..either way its a plus more platforms = more choices for gamers and i didnt hear UBI say it was "exclusive" so you can look at it either way

[quote name='sarausagi']Whoa, whoa, whoa, you COMPLETELY missed the point

NOT

[/quote]O RLY!?

crab5nm.jpg

HA crabs everywhere....cant wait to see a gaint crab standing on top of KAz or someone like that ...that would be a funny pic

[quote name='Daddy']HA crabs everywhere....cant wait to see a gaint crab standing on top of KAz or someone like that ...that would be a funny pic[/quote]

Not to mention very original

Ha...hey saw that SONY WHITE PSP ad got pulled...what were they thinking...also a rumour Target is pulling UMD off the shelf....could we see that happen to blue ray? Time will tell...scary to copy/back up or invest in any type of DVD the way things are looking.....plus you have Netflix and others looking into Direct Downloading of movies to your Harddrive.....hmmmm what to do

I'll be waiting for a $100 price drop and time for them to work the bugs out. If they keep getting Suikoden, Shadow Hearts, Dragon Quest, etc. that's the system I want.

360 isn't doing too great in Japan so I see Japanese games coming out for PS3 again and the 360 not getting many. It'll be 2 years or so before I buy a next-gen console so the 360 has plenty of time to prove me wrong, but I don't see it happening. I might get a Wii if VC games are dirt cheap and offer a good selection. I don't see them getting strong 3rd party support again so IMO the types of games on each console seem to be the same as it was this gen. I may be wrong on this but so far that's what I'm thinking will happen.

So far PS3 is all I'm interested in.

[quote name='zerolens']I'll be waiting for a $100 price drop and time for them to work the bugs out. If they keep getting Suikoden, Shadow Hearts, Dragon Quest, etc. that's the system I want.

360 isn't doing too great in Japan so I see Japanese games coming out for PS3 again and the 360 not getting many. It'll be 2 years or so before I buy a next-gen console so the 360 has plenty of time to prove me wrong, but I don't see it happening. I might get a Wii if VC games are dirt cheap and offer a good selection. I don't see them getting strong 3rd party support again so IMO the types of games on each console seem to be the same as it was this gen. I may be wrong on this but so far that's what I'm thinking will happen.

So far PS3 is all I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if this system makes it it definitley has to go down in price, alot is gonna depend on blu-ray as well

' ' Perhaps....about 1-3 years after launch, let the water clear ' ' this is the best option in my book PS2 still kicking some mayor ass in the game deparment Okami,FF12,FF7-DC,Rogue Galaxy ect. coming out soon i can afford PS3 right now , i will buy one eventaully just like anybody else. only MGS4 will make me drop 599$ for PS3.

Right now Sony is getting alot of bad luck after there worst conference at E3. I just plan to get a PS3 next year when there are less glitches and shortages.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']Right now Sony is getting alot of bad luck after there worst conference at E3. I just plan to get a PS3 next year when there are less glitches and shortages.[/QUOTE]

so far 223 other people agree with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back