Lets be real...can you still support SONY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a GTA-addict speech. I'm a linguist by trade, so I am happy to translate:

[quote name='solid snake']your right,but so is microsoft.[/quote]
It appears that Microsoft is to your right.

[quote name='solid snake']
and the reason i am getting the ps3 is because they will have a better online network setup than Xbox 360 and we wont have to pay for it,
[/quote]
The key words to read here are: Better Online Network Setup. I agree. Everything Sony had said about it made me believe that they know what they are doing, and that it will be, well, for the lack of a better term, uh... BETTER. Better than Jesus.

what i am saying sony has actually tried to make some improvements,allso its the only one thats going to be backwards compatiable if i remember right.[/quote]
Yes, PS3 is the only system that will be backwards compatible this time around. Nobody else has announced anything at all remotely concerning playing older games on new consoles.

:applause: Very good research, Solid Snake. You get MarioColbert's medal of approval. I wonder if you do any writing on the side: your style is exactly what I will need to reach frat houses and potheads everywhere. I'm wondering if you would like to get a little paid on the side to write advertisements for Sony's PS3. If you accept, I have a keyboard that has been used as a skateboard before. I'm sure the "random caps lock" problem will add further visual appeal of your writing before it is distributed to the masses.

I've also seen you on the official Sony PlayStation 3 trailer. Despite the fact that the lines they've given you were rather lackluster (I will beat you because... I DON'T KNOW?) you worked very well with those. I'd like to see your words and acting more. If you are interested in becoming Sony's official mascot, please send me a private message. Please make sure to include "SolidSnake:RememberHiroshimaLOL" in the subject line.

nintendo is just trying to make money with that new gimmicky controller[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I think any company that launches a console ultimately hopes to make money. The 360 is probably the system that I wanted the least, but seems to be delivering the most of what I wanted out of this next gen.

PS3 shouldn't even bother with a half-assed motion sensor controller. They should have just kept the vibration function, or created a new way to keep that feature that didn't violate copyrights. It was actually useful in a lot of games.

The Wii-mote isn't as exciting as a lot of people are making it out to be. All those games that are out now with plug-and-play sport controllers are really stupid. There's no reason to believe that making a throwing motion with that little stick is going to simulate tossing a football, or that swinging like a baseball bat or sword will be any fun. If they make some kind of tennis game using it it will basically be combining the Virtual Boy with a cheesy tennis controller, complete crap. Luckily Nintendo was smart enough to make sure that a traditional controller can be used with the system. I don't know, the idea just sounds stupid to me but I can't completely bury it until I try it.

I think the 360 is going the right way with this, just making a traditional system that expands and improves on their previous one.

[quote name='Daddy']With everything we know now from Phil Harrison lies to missing components and empty promises does anyone think SONY will end up in a good position? I STILL cant understand why everyone who wants a PS3 is happy about a Blu-Ray player being included...I mean its a combo electronic device (BIG NO-NO) if your PS3 breaks then your movie player is broken too...who the hell buys combo devices? Old people do.....thats about it[/QUOTE]

if they have as good of software support as they did with the PS2, then yeah I'll buy it.

why do you worry so much about consoles? you argue about them like people argue about politics and sports teams. go get some fresh air. it's really not important. if you like your 360, then the purchase is justified, no?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']All the details regarding Sony's online solution have not been disclosed yet. You cant accurately say its better yet.

Everyone has backwards compatibility. The Wii plays Gamecube games as well as the back catalogue all the way back to the NES as well as Genesis and TurboGrafx games.

The 360 of course plays a lot & an ever increasing number of xbox games.

I expect the PS1/2 compatibility to be better than the 360 situation, but not perfect. The PS2 already doesnt play a couple PS1 games.

Gimmicky is just an opinion. The Japanese dont seem to think the DS is very gimmicky.

Normally I'd just let RF or Strell handle you, but I'm bored.[/quote]
well the last thing i had heard is that the Xbox 360 melts and cathes fire,and it wont play alot of its previous games.btw this info is all from the owner of a game store i talk to, and my friend that just bought a 360 said i would be better off just waiting on the ps3. he said the 360 gets hot enough to cook a egg on allso so this is another reason i am gonna stay with sony but i am a little disapointed about there show at e3 it was basicallya yawn fest other than the mgs4 trailer,and them showing what the online network community will be like.

[quote name='solid snake']well the last thing i had heard is that the Xbox 360 melts and cathes fire,and it wont play alot of its previous games.btw this info is all from the owner of a game store i talk to, and my friend that just bought a 360 said i would be better off just waiting on the ps3. he said the 360 gets hot enough to cook a egg on allso so this is another reason i am gonna stay with sony but i am a little disapointed about there show at e3 it was basicallya yawn fest other than the mgs4 trailer,and them showing what the online network community will be like.[/quote]

In 2nd grade, I heard that if you touch a girl, you'll get coodies! :roll:

You want to talk about hardware track records? Who had the most revisions? (You have 5 seconds)
Give up?
It was Sony! The had TWELVE hardware revisions! Xbox had THREE.

look im a rpg fan, especially jrpgs, so guess what, i dont have a choice but buy a ps3, I mean N64 and cube had what, 5 rpgs total? and xbox just plain sucks when i already have a good PC.

[quote name='CappyCobra']In 2nd grade, I heard that if you touch a girl, you'll get coodies! :roll:

You want to talk about hardware track records? Who had the most revisions? (You have 5 seconds)
Give up?
It was Sony! The had TWELVE hardware revisions! Xbox had THREE.[/quote]
well i am just glad THEY didnt have twelve and THE had 12 instead.

[quote name='solid snake']well the last thing i had heard is that the Xbox 360 melts and cathes fire,and it wont play alot of its previous games.btw this info is all from the owner of a game store i talk to, and my friend that just bought a 360 said i would be better off just waiting on the ps3. he said the 360 gets hot enough to cook a egg on allso so this is another reason i am gonna stay with sony but i am a little disapointed about there show at e3 it was basicallya yawn fest other than the mgs4 trailer,and them showing what the online network community will be like.[/quote]

Good thing the 360 doesn't CATCH on fire and it CATHES on fire instead. We could've had a real safety hazard otherwise.

[quote name='solid snake']well i am just glad THEY didnt have twelve and THE had 12 instead.[/quote] Now you're resorting to being a grammar nazi. I can play that too. (this is within your last 3 posts)
[quote name='solid snake']well the last thing i had heard is that the Xbox 360 melts and cathes fire,and it wont play alot of its previous games.btw this info is all from the owner of a game store i talk to, and my friend that just bought a 360 said i would be better off just waiting on the ps3. he said the 360 gets hot enough to cook a egg on allso so this is another reason i am gonna stay with sony but i am a little disapointed about there show at e3 it was basicallya yawn fest other than the mgs4 trailer,and them showing what the online network community will be like.[/quote] I'm sorry, did the TRUTH break your concentration? Stick to what you know son. Oh weight... err waight umm wait, yeah that's it :dunce:

[quote name='CappyCobra']Now you're resorting to being a grammar nazi. I can play that too. (this is within your last 3 posts)
I'm sorry, did the TRUTH break your concentration? Stick to what you know son. Oh weight... err waight umm wait, yeah that's it :dunce:[/quote]
man i am getting attacked andi did that to you because everyone else is doing it to me but i give up,you guys are all to immature to even have a conversation with.

[quote name='solid snake']man i am getting attacked andi did that to you because everyone else is doing it to me but i give up,you guys are all to immature to even have a conversation with.[/quote]
Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't make it right. If your friends jumped off a bridge... :lol:

Seriously though, if you want to have a DEBATE, leave the name calling at home and bring just the facts. Leave the BS at home.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't make it right. If your friends jumped off a bridge... :lol:

Seriously though, if you want to have a DEBATE, leave the name calling at home and bring just the facts. Leave the BS at home.[/quote]
name calling?
sir,what is all this of name calling?
I said you are all being immature , thats not a name.

[quote name='solid snake']name calling?
sir,what is all this of name calling?
I said you are all being immature , thats not a name.[/quote]
You're labeling us as immature. Sounds like namecalling to me

All I can say is i forgot to add the fact about SONY not letting anyone rent at any PS3 games at any stores IE Blockbuster ect......add that to the list of BS that SONY is pulling

EDIT: I should say not rent my bad...either way i dont need to add it to the list of BS from SONY they already shoot themselves up enough

[quote name='Daddy']All I can say is i forgot to add the fact about SONY not letting anyone sell used copies of there games or having the games for rent at any stores...add that to the list of BS that SONY is pulling[/quote]

Not confirmed, what did you just read the thread above this one and add it to your lil special list of pointers?

C'mon, think about the BS you're typing before you post about the BS that isn't confirmed :bouncy:

For me, the "real" system and one game is going to be over $700 after tax. That's just insane. I understand that there's probably $1000 worth of technology in there, but I'm buying a game system for games. I have no need for a BluRay player when DVDs look great on my TV.

I love games and have been playing them for over two decades, but I have to draw the line somewhere. I may pick one up down the line, but count me out for now. My 360, which I had second thoughts about even at $400, will be good enough. Sorry Sony!

[quote name='Daddy']All I can say is i forgot to add the fact about SONY not letting anyone sell used copies of there games or having the games for rent at any stores...add that to the list of BS that SONY is pulling[/QUOTE]
What list? :whistle2:s

The list that he's come up with in his mind that obviously everyone should know, because clearly everyone rides Microsoft's nuts as hard as he does.

I don't really like Sony, but I also don't like people who spout uninformed bullshit.

The list doesn't exist. It's a rumor that is unconfirmed.

solid snake make me laugh. Reminds me of the days when I was 13 and used to act like I knew what I was talking about on online forums, gosh, I miss those ignorant days.

You should also include a poll that has the option "I'm still on the fence, but if time comes, and the games and features are right, I'll bite"

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
solid snake make me laugh. Reminds me of the days when I was 13 and used to act like I knew what I was talking about on online forums, gosh, I miss those ignorant days.
"[/quote]
sounds like you still are and there is absolutly no need to attack me,you guys are like pitbulls you take pleasure in tearing a innocent person apart .

[quote name='Daddy']All I can say is i forgot to add the fact about SONY not letting anyone sell used copies of there games or having the games for rent at any stores...add that to the list of BS that SONY is pulling[/quote]

WTF!!!!:bomb:
and where and when did sony say this?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Kid, you must be retarded....several people on have already said that it's a goddamn rumor.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i re-edited my post it should say for rent....they said they will not be allowing the games for rent....wether or not its 100% true we shall see...again alot of the stuff people were speculating about bad PS3 stuff came true...they dropped parts and features, copied ALL their competition, priced the system at 600 bucks (way out of line), didnt show their Killzone lies from last year in the form of ACTUAL GAMEPLAY... either way I can keep going...that boat is sinking...and as far as an option for "on the fence" its called wait 1-3 years try reading.....and again the numbers speak for themselves in this poll....most people are waiting...the ones who arent are either saying screw SONY or selling the system to dumbasses on EBAY for a profit

It makes me a sad panda to see 51 so-called Cheap Ass Gamers lining up for a $600 console. You should be ashamed.

[quote name='jer7583']It makes me a sad panda to see 51 so-called Cheap Ass Gamers lining up for a $600 console. You should be ashamed.[/quote]
it makes me sad that you will be missing out on it since you hate it so much.

[quote name='solid snake']it makes me sad that you will be missing out on it since you hate it so much.[/quote]

While I think your posts have been mostly idiotic, you make a good point.

out of all the consoles I have ever owned my PS2 has recieved most of my game time... Quite simply put, these mistakes are worth negating because of the content that the system will produce.

The DRM (Digital Rights Management) news goes back to 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2005 (probably earlier), but the latest article I've seen stated that the PS3 will be utilizing this encryption is from Game Informer (yes, I'm embarrased to admit I occasionally read this rag) a couple months back.

If you don't know what DRM does, it encodes software to hardware.

Meaning, I rent a copy of Generic RPG mach 1, and I play it on my PS3. I like it. So after returning it to the shop, I decide to buy a copy at the store of my choice. I go to play my copy of Generic RPG mach 1, and guess what? It won't play. Because it's a different copy of the game than I originally played on my machine.

Further info on DRM can be found here. Not wholly accurate, but close enough for a short synopsis.

Yes, I will always support Sony. I won't buy a PS3 at launch, but I'm not buying a Wii either at launch, and I probably won't get an X360 for a while. The reason I will support Sony is that they've always been very good to me, as a member of the GAP and Playstation Underground since the beginning. PS1/PS2 are the two best consoles I've ever owned and the PSP is becoming my favorite handheld ever (the only handheld I actually play a lot). Also, I own lots of other Sony products, like a Sony PC (Best PC I ever owned), so there's no way I'm ditching Sony. I plan to support them as long as they're around.

Plus
Japanese products > american products.

[quote name='Samurai T']Yes, I will always support Sony. I won't buy a PS3 at launch, but I'm not buying a Wii either at launch, and I probably won't get an X360 for a while. The reason I will support Sony is that they've always been very good to me, as a member of the GAP and Playstation Underground since the beginning. PS1/PS2 are the two best consoles I've ever owned and the PSP is becoming my favorite handheld ever (the only handheld I actually play a lot). Also, I own lots of other Sony products, like a Sony PC (Best PC I ever owned), so there's no way I'm ditching Sony. I plan to support them as long as they're around.

Plus
Japanese products > american products.[/quote]
hey I am on the gap as well, and i totally agree with you.

[quote name='Samurai T']Yes, I will always support Sony. I won't buy a PS3 at launch, but I'm not buying a Wii either at launch, and I probably won't get an X360 for a while. The reason I will support Sony is that they've always been very good to me, as a member of the GAP and Playstation Underground since the beginning. PS1/PS2 are the two best consoles I've ever owned and the PSP is becoming my favorite handheld ever (the only handheld I actually play a lot). Also, I own lots of other Sony products, like a Sony PC (Best PC I ever owned), so there's no way I'm ditching Sony. I plan to support them as long as they're around.

Plus
Japanese products > american products.[/quote]
How does that japanese cock taste in your mouth

[quote name='Samurai T'] Japanese products > american products.[/quote]
Too bad their both manufactured in fucking Taiwan.

[quote name='apokalipze2']How does that japanese cock taste in your mouth[/quote]
people cant even express there opinions on this board with out getting attacked by sony haters.
he never said anything to get attacked, he stated an opinion so take your boyfriends cock out of your mouth and stop thinking about cock so much.

MGS4 is the clincher. I'll wait till that comes out and hopefully, there'll be enough by then because no matter what, there's gonna be a shortage again.

I love the kids who have this irrational love for all things japanese.. Like sony is superior somehow because they're sony. They're a greedy fucking corporation, just like everything else. Get a life.

And I don't think I'm missing out on anything by not buying a $600 PS3, because I'll buy it when it is under $200, preferably used, and snatch up all the good games that were made for it on the cheap as well. Until then, the previous gen, Wii, and 360 are far more than enough gaming.

I still don't understand how anyone could enjoy the PSP. Loading times on a handheld.. I'm at a loss to describe how dissapointing and retarded that is.

[quote name='solid snake']people cant even express there opinions on this board with out getting attacked by sony haters.
he never said anything to get attacked, he stated an opinion so take your boyfriends cock out of your mouth and stop thinking about cock so much.[/QUOTE]

Kid, go back to gamefaqs, seriously. Sony haters is an entirely different thing than haters of a $600 console with a notorious track record of lies, unreliable hardware, and watered down versions of what other consoles innovated in.

I love my PSOne and PS2. I have hundreds of PSOne games and a PSOne with LCD sitting on my desk next to my laptop that I use all the time. But I don't suck Sony's dick when they shove it in my face with lies and a $600 price tag. Grow up.

[quote name='jer7583']Kid, go back to gamefaqs, seriously. Sony haters is an entirely different thing than haters of a $600 console with a notorious track record of lies, unreliable hardware, and watered down versions of what other consoles innovated in.

I love my PSOne and PS2. I have hundreds of PSOne games and a PSOne with LCD sitting on my desk next to my laptop that I use all the time. But I don't suck Sony's dick when they shove it in my face with lies and a $600 price tag. Grow up.[/quote]
hm sounds like your the one that needs to grow up,and stop thinking about Dicks all the time.

[quote name='solid snake']Hm, sounds like you're the one that needs to grow up and stop thinking about dicks all the time.[/QUOTE]

Better.

But Jer has a point. Anyone who wasn't angry/disappointed when Sony unveiled their price point is lying to themselves. Its $600 for something many of us consider a casual purchase product.

[quote name='terribledeli']Better.

But Jer has a point. Anyone who wasn't angry/disappointed when Sony unveiled their price point is lying to themselves. Its $600 for something many of us consider a casual purchase product.[/quote]
I actually expected to be about $500 to $600 just because of all the cool stuff,
and i really think its going to be worth it,i mean it should surpass the wii,and maybe even the 360 in terms of games and graphics,PS has alot of games people like. Plus it has been around longer than Microsoft on the console gaming scene so really sony knows more about what its gamers like and dont like.
The price dosent bother me much as long as it has games like mgs,killzone,and gran turismo ill stick with my ps3.

[quote name='solid snake']I actually expected to be about $500 to $600 just because of all the cool stuff,
and i really think its going to be worth it,i mean it should surpass the wii,and maybe even the 360 in terms of games and graphics,PS has alot of games people like. Plus it has been around longer than Microsoft on the console gaming scene so really sony knows more about what its gamers like and dont like.The price dosent bother me much as long as it has games like mgs,killzone,and gran turismo ill stick with my ps3.[/QUOTE]

Gamers know what gamers want much better than Sony, and most of us want a cheaper console.

[quote name='Greetard']Gamers know what gamers want much better than Sony, and most of us want a cheaper console.[/quote]
will the reason i say that is because i am part of there gamer advisory pannel and they seem to listen well to our ideas and suggestions,but i am not saying i would mind if it was cheaper but i mean its a decent price for something with all that stuff in it.

[quote name='Greetard']Gamers know what gamers want much better than Sony, and most of us want a cheaper console.[/QUOTE]
Say hello to the PS2. ;)

[quote name='solid snake']will the reason i say that is because i am part of there gamer advisory pannel and they seem to listen well to our ideas and suggestions,but i am not saying i would mind if it was cheaper but i mean its a decent price for something with all that stuff in it.[/quote]How the fuck do they listen to your ideas:lol: By doing random surveys:roll: all of them having nothing to do with the ps3. stfu and stop trying to soud elite with that gap shit, it means nothing

[quote name='apokalipze2']How the fuck do they listen to your ideas:lol: By doing random surveys:roll: all of them having nothing to do with the ps3. stfu and stop trying to soud elite with that gap shit, it means nothing[/quote]
mmm no i do more than the surveys you speak of,I have tested games and other random things for them and they seem to listen and to have taken some suggestions seriously.

I didn't think solidsnake came off as "ELITE", he is right, GAP is a pretty neat little tool in my opinion, they get you alot more involved than just using surveys, you comment on the games content, bugs, and just generally things that can be improved. It was used heavily with the socom seires , ratchet and clank series, jak games...etc,

I think its great that they are getting gamers opinions to improve their games...

[quote name='Metal Boss']I didn't think solidsnake came off as "ELITE", he is right, GAP is a pretty neat little tool in my opinion, they get you alot more involved than just using surveys, you comment on the games content, bugs, and just generally things that can be improved. It was used heavily with the socom seires , ratchet and clank series, jak games...etc,

I think its great that they are getting gamers opinions to improve their games...[/quote]
at least you can understand me.

[quote name='solid snake']mmm no i do more than the surveys you speak of,I have tested games and other random things for them and they seem to listen and to have taken some suggestions seriously.[/QUOTE]

It's nice that Sony can lube you up and stroke you down so you feel like you're important to them..

[quote name='jer7583']It's nice that Sony can lube you up and stroke you down so you feel like you're important to them..[/quote]
its so odd that you think you know me better than i know myself and no thats not what it is at all your just trying to get something started and i am not a child like you so unless you have something inteelagent to say i will not respond to your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back