Limited release Fire Emblem for Switch

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
So, Nintendo is doing it again. This will only sell for a while and then no more. It is the Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition. Currently only Gamestop has it, but other retailers may get it, too. Once stock is out it is out for good. Doesn't look like they made a lot of these compared to Mario.

The games are digital only, but this box includes codes for them. From website:

This includes a replica NESTM Game Pak art piece, a replica game box with a localized version of the original Famicom instruction manual, protective sleeve and world map, a Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible, hardbound 222 page Legacy of Archanea deluxe art book, and game download code.

I wasn't able to snag one. Please post here if you manage to find someone selling it.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Nintendo+Everything&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=qd9XcyEa3J0-KgblvzXVFmGIea8StHp8Ww

3c98200a7705f6ab4b2f28813e3cf5c7-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's good to see I'm not the only one bothered by this. I'm anti-"download code in a box" in general, but in this case it's even worse because by not having a physical game cart it makes me too aware that I'd basically be paying $50 for a box full of Fire Emblem-themed knickknacks. Maybe eventually they won't even bother to include a game at all, they'll just start selling "lootboxes" of video-game-franchise-themed stuff.
You're not alone. I view this as a $44 lootbox with a $6 code bundled together. C'mon physical if you're gonna charge $50!

You're not alone. I view this as a $44 lootbox with a $6 code bundled together. C'mon physical if you're gonna charge $50!
Totally would have liked to get less physical swag and a physical cart instead. Aside, what is going to happen once Nintendo drops a new system? Is this for Switch only or can 3DS also play this with code?

Totally would have liked to get less physical swag and a physical cart instead. Aside, what is going to happen once Nintendo drops a new system? Is this for Switch only or can 3DS also play this with code?
Are you asking if this code is compatible with the 3DS? Am I understanding you correctly?

It is kinda silly that they wouldn't include an option to purchase it on the 3ds as well.  Leaving money on the table for no reason.

Bro they stopped supporting the 3DS. You don’t bother releasing a game for minimal dollars in revenue.
You say that but they are doing just that as is with this release digitally on the switch. And despite them stopping production of the 3ds it still has a user base that would buy this. Heck it might even sell more on the 3ds since there were multiple fire emblem releases for that while only 3h for the switch.

Honestly, I didn't know they stopped supporting 3DS. And I think the Xbox crossplay stuff has me confused .... I forgot, for a second, that we're talking about Nintendo...

It is kinda silly that they wouldn't include an option to purchase it on the 3ds as well. Leaving money on the table for no reason.
3DS owners already have the full remake of Shadow Dragon thanks to bc with the DS.

3DS market has been dead for a while now.

This version was created for the Switch.

For 3DS owners without a Switch.. and that missed the DS version... maybe this would help convince them along with Three Houses and the upgraded version of Warriors to buy a switch... so it benefits nintendo to create more reasons to move 3ds gamers to the switch. Not that this is the game to really do that since, again, it's already on DS/3DS.

3DS owners already have the full remake of Shadow Dragon thanks to bc with the DS.

3DS market has been dead for a while now.

This version was created for the Switch.

For 3DS owners without a Switch.. and that missed the DS version... maybe this would help convince them along with Three Houses and the upgraded version of Warriors to buy a switch... so it benefits nintendo to create more reasons to move 3ds gamers to the switch. Not that this is the game to really do that since, again, it's already on DS/3DS.
A small fraction of the people who own a 3ds have shadow dragon since it was a significantly smaller print like the majority of the games prior to Nintendo supporting the series seriously from awakening up.

Also acting like this was created for the switch is pretty silly. It's a port with some bells and whistles added for the localization since they already released it in jpn a while ago. I doubt much effort went into it.

Just got my shipping notification from GameStop. It says expected next week, but we'll see.

Also Target had these in stock today and yesterday and they sold out quick. I'm legit surprised at the demand for this is that strong.

A small fraction of the people who own a 3ds have shadow dragon since it was a significantly smaller print like the majority of the games prior to Nintendo supporting the series seriously from awakening up.

Also acting like this was created for the switch is pretty silly. It's a port with some bells and whistles added for the localization since they already released it in jpn a while ago. I doubt much effort went into it.
It’s not about effort. It’s about moving everyone to the switch.

Thankfully I was able to get this instore back in October but it's nice to see Target having it now too. Seems like it will be "rare" but if you want it you should be able to get it. I was going to leave sealed but since it's a digital code it really doesn't matter in my eyes.  Wish it would have a physical version (I know it's super small).

Was surprised when I got my Robotic Notes from Target in a box.  BBY is usually box unless they are shipped from a store instead of warehouse.  Amazon will even ship multiple games in envelope.  

That's odd since they ship everything in a box for me. Amazon is bubble mailers 100% unless they accidentally pick up a box somehow.
I think I live near an Amazon dist center, get mostly everything in bubble mailer but still arrives in perfect shape. Target ships everything in poly mailer, usually from a few states over and arrives in ass condition.

I received my order from Target today. It was package in a box with no damages. The anniversary box was pretty heavy to me, probably weighed close to 4 pounds.

From Target? Cool.

So the "replica NES™ Game Pak art piece" actual clear/shiny cartridge or just some stickers that come on a sheet? :shock:
To answer my own question - it looks like a clear plastic "cart replica" according to this twitter search result:

Looks pretty beefy

b03QBVI.png

If I knew people were still looking for this I would have offered my gamestop preorder, but I canceled once Target listing went up. I think we haven't seen listing from Amazon yet.

Wow, this is beautiful... fuck Nintendo for making this so hard to get though.
Err, literally all of us were placing orders at GameStop for days after it was announced in-store. The only shortage here was people’s motivation until it was gone.

Wal-Mart hasn't gone up with it either.  Maybe another Game & Watch situation where it goes up a day or two before shipping?

Err, literally all of us were placing orders at GameStop for days after it was announced in-store. The only shortage here was people’s motivation until it was gone.
In this day and age, this is the one thing I don't like.. having to go in store, especially with where GS is located around me and their hours. I would love it if they would let you just pre-order and pay online for preorders in store and if they guaranteed they'd hold it for more than 2 days.

Wal-Mart hasn't gone up with it either. Maybe another Game & Watch situation where it goes up a day or two before shipping?
This actually seems like it's worth $50 so here's hoping more people get a shot at it.

bread's done
Back