Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I hope they branch out to other systems and games. I know they teased fatal frame on wii u. That would be awesome.
They have many games they want to do, but dealing with "N" and those on their side of the fence probably won't happen, but there is hope. Just not much. I personally would prefer Dual Destiny, and I think that would be more likely, but who knows?

I'd love it if they gave duel destinies this treatment..and hell, I'd prefer if they released these indie games for the Wii U too. :/ I like my off tv play.
I'm realistic though. Probably wont happen for a number of reasons.

Everyone is waiting for the superior Cosmic Star Heroine to come out. :p

140 left for the Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone is waiting for the superior Cosmic Star Heroine to come out. :p

140 left for the Vita.
This is the only reason I started giving a shit about Limited Run Games. Honestly, I have had zero interest their releases thus far and as I missed out on the Cosmic Star Heroine KS, this is the next best thing.

This is the only reason I started giving a shit about Limited Run Games. Honestly, I have had zero interest their releases thus far and as I missed out on the Cosmic Star Heroine KS, this is the next best thing.
Honestly, I just want to know what titles they managed to sign.

At this point, I'm only interested in Cosmic Star Heroine, the Sekai Project titles, Soldner X2, and the pending announcement of VA11-HA11A

Wow, considering how fast it sold out this morning... there are still roughly 30 vita copies still up for grabs. 

I got my order in, but this is the first time I have seen left overs. well i guess everyone that wanted it, got it. 

As for the tie edition, I think if they had put a little more thought about it, and got word out more the 24 hours ahead... more people would have made the effort to set the funds aside to grab it. Also in retrospect, if this Dad Edition were sold and garenteed to arrive by Fathers Day, it would have been much better. 

Even so, I'm very happy with the hard work and effort that LRG have been pulling things off so I'm very pleased with them! I'm also happy that shopify checkout was possible from the Vita browser (as my computer is sick).

Will the vita version work on pstv?
Just to confirm, yes. I played the digital version on my pstv.

And to the poster above, it's a fun, goofy game. It can get a little frustrating at times due to the awkward controls, but the awkward controls are the concept the whole game's built around.

As for the tie edition, I think if they had put a little more thought about it, and got word out more the 24 hours ahead... more people would have made the effort to set the funds aside to grab it. Also in retrospect, if this Dad Edition were sold and garenteed to arrive by Fathers Day, it would have been much better.
I agree, as they should have offered a more true LE set VS. just a tie sent with your order. The same was done with the soundtrack sets, but those sold well, as at least it was something most can enjoy and understand. Some guys might get a tie and use it, but most would only get it for collecting purposes and without a proper package, it's kind of an after thought.

The LRG guys are pretty cool, and they do seem to be figuring this out as they go, so I'll give them time to work out some proper LE bundles in the future. They have done surveys and such, so I know they are interested, but they probably have to work out the details further in advance when they actually set up these deals, and that will take some time.

But, I hope they think it through, as based on my own personal shipping issues, they don't wont to send a special LE set to customers only to have it smashed or banged up in shipping, as that ain't gonna fly. The excuses for loose disc or one thing, but sending LE sets smashed and damaged with no hope of replacing is gonna crash and burn fast, and won't work well for their reputation. So I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Ugh, I had to break the cycle with octodad.

I really wanted to buy it but Ive decided for the sake of my wallet I need to give up on a complete vita collection. Id gotten the other vita LRG games but they just sit on the shelf still sealed and Ill never play them.

Im hoping LRG puts out some games I actually want to play like hyper light drifter, or axiom verge for PS4. Those Id gladly buy from them because I want to play them and would like a physical copy. 

Ugh, I had to break the cycle with octodad.

I really wanted to buy it but Ive decided for the sake of my wallet I need to give up on a complete vita collection. Id gotten the other vita LRG games but they just sit on the shelf still sealed and Ill never play them.

Im hoping LRG puts out some games I actually want to play like hyper light drifter, or axiom verge for PS4. Those Id gladly buy from them because I want to play them and would like a physical copy.
I hear you. I was about to buy Octodad as well but then I noticed that I can get the digital version for not only for much cheaper but it is also cross-buy. So I am going to pass.

Checking back in... looks like there are still options to get the PS4 (401 Standard & 328 LE remain) & Vita (309 LE remain) versions of the game.  I guess Father's Day coupled with game 7 of the NBA Finals wasn't the best idea ever as they are still sitting on just over 1000 games and 600+ Ties (when they get made) in inventory.  It'll be interesting to see how the 4th of July release does as people will be even busier.  I plan on throwing LRG the middle finger on those sales as well.

I would argue that posting the deal on Father's day (and game 7 of the NBA finals) was actually a really good idea. I was preoccupied with spending time with my family, so I missed out on the morning release, and wasn't even in initially for the afternoon release. But around 7:00 PM last night I remembered that this deal was happening, and I was able to hop online, and get a copy for each platform.

The timing might not have been good for instantly selling out. But it was great for me getting a copy, and I have no complaints about that.

Why not just vault the release and release them later? It would drive up demand later.
LRG's business model is built around selling out of the current title offered and using that to fund the next one, not hoarding titles to resell later. Taking them off sale with 10% of the stock left just locks that money away for them.

I think they just overreached with the quantity for the title they were releasing.

It's one thing to have higher release quantities when it comes titles like Oddworld, but it's another thing when it's something like Octodad.  There just isn't as wide of a reach with a title like this.

And the bundles are kind of silly, since just adding a tie isn't going to be that much of an incentive to pay $20 more for the game.  If it was a soundtrack, might have been different. A tie is more of a novelty, and that would really just appeal more to the more hardcore fans (or flippers speculating the price will sky rocket, and hopes to god it does after purchasing one) of the title released , and I can't really think of 1500 of those people to be there on day one, or even day two.  Just way too many "Dad Editions" available that too away from the regular editions.  If they cut that quantity in half, it may have been more realistic.

They just totally overshot on several aspects on this release, while the actual release date may have played a small part, but I still feel the quantity issues were really the reason why this one appears to be more of a bust than previous titles.

Releases like the Sekai titles, and Cosmic Star Heroine; go nuts with increasing the quantity on those because there are clearly a demand for those titles.  Titles like Octodad, not the best title to be going crazy with.  I mean, hell, I would have bought a tie for Cosmic Star Heroine, but not for Octodad, and that should tell them something.

Everyone is so concerned about a few copies of a game left. It was a way bigger run. It's still the only place to get the game. Is it really that big of a deal to have some copies leftover? Just because all us nerds are there refreshing 15 minutes before the games go on sale doesn't mean there aren't still plenty of people who haven't heard about this. Having a few extras to ship out to people is nice, because fuck ebay and fuck flippers. I honestly can say I wish there was a surplus overstock for every game they drop. I'm not buying to flip. The run is still limited. You can't walk into gamestop and buy it. 

Oddworld had a larger quantity release on the PS4, and it sold out like hotcakes on the first day, and that release was limited to one copy per platform, per account, not to mention, it also cost $5 more. 

The upcoming releases quantities make sense, but for Octodad it's just fairly out of place.

I'm reasonably confident that they will sell out, and do so quite a bit before their next release. I wouldn't worry too much. Super-rush sellouts day-of are good, but not required. Their business model is fine so long as they have the money in hand for their next entry. If it takes a day or two for them to sell out, that is not reason for concern, and might actually be a sign of selecting the print run properly. (just getting in the right amount to match up supply and demand, instead of going drastically to one extreme or the other)

My only concern is their financial viability. I got the impression that any money they make gets immediately funneled into printing the next release. If they end up with a string of releases that don't sell out right away, it might hurt/delay their ability to print the next game in the series.

My only concern is their financial viability. I got the impression that any money they make gets immediately funneled into printing the next release. If they end up with a string of releases that don't sell out right away, it might hurt/delay their ability to print the next game in the series.
I would say if they had 50% or more left, there may be an issue, but so far having 5-10% shouldn't be that big of a deal. They have also removed qty limits on certain games when stock wasn't moving that fast, so I'm not worried to much.

I'm sure they'll still keep future releases pretty low, as there really isn't much of a reason to change past what they have done so far. I've been here since the first release, and only the SMRPG CD set was an issue for me, but I was able to get it that afternoon, so overall, it's been pretty easy to get each game if your around at the release times.

I'd be willing to bet they are perfectly fine with the game being available for sale for days, if not weeks.  Not everything has to sell out within 5 minutes to be a success!!  They are not making more - it will sell out.

I'm scared of missing some of these really low run numbers. I have a breach and clear I'll never play but have it for the sake of having it...i guess I'll always have that to trade if I miss something awesome. Like soldner.

I'm scared of missing some of these really low run numbers. I have a breach and clear I'll never play but have it for the sake of having it...i guess I'll always have that to trade if I miss something awesome. Like soldner.
If I can order two copies of a game you miss, I'd gladly trade you for that Breach and Clear, it's the only LRG Vita game I am currently missing and I can't stand the thought of buying it on eBay. Octodad I ordered just to continue my collection, but IMO it's been the least interesting release by far thus far which may have attributed to it not selling out as fast as the other releases. I only am collecting the Vita games, but Lost Sea looks decent so I may end up ordering that as well on the 4th.

Last copies of the original releases of Octodad are almost sold out for regular PS4 edition, and Vita Bundle.

If you're still looking for a copy, this is your chance to snag one.

If you're looking for just the Vita copy alone, just wait until they re-list the batch of canceled orders at a later time.

Last copies of the original releases of Octodad are almost sold out for regular PS4 edition, and Vita Bundle.

If you're still looking for a copy, this is your chance to snag one.

If you're looking for just the Vita copy alone, just wait until they re-list the batch of canceled orders at a later time.
I believe that all cancelled orders from Octodad forward will be relisted during Black Friday

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/744736851861381120

LRG has an upcoming title that has 10,000 PS4 copies and 5,000 PS Vita copies. Popular and with dedicated fans. Makes you wonder what it is. (Not Cosmic Star Heroine)

Hoping it's grim fandango. Maybe a whole Lucas arts collection...day of the tentacle, grim fandango and broken age.

Ooooooo that would make me soooooooooo happy.

Hoping it's grim fandango. Maybe a whole Lucas arts collection...day of the tentacle, grim fandango and broken age.

Ooooooo that would make me soooooooooo happy.
I would love that, but there is no way a point & click game is getting those qty's. It may be a current digital only game, or a coming soon digital only game that has a HUGE following.

Wait, how did all the Dad Editions of Octodad suddenly sell out so fast?  They were stagnating for a while and now they are gone.  Only thing left is the PS4 single version (under 25% left).

Ahh well that explains it then. Get rid of stock to a bunch of scalpers. Guess they really didn't want it to stay in stock for a few days.
They've done the same thing each time qty remained after a day or so. Honestly, if scalpers want to buy a game that in all likely hood is worth what they paid for it today, that's all good. They will have to hang on to those copies for an extended period to make money on them.

LRG gets funds for their next release, and everyone who wanted a copy should have gotten one, and if a new interested consumer shows up wanting one at a later date, they have to pay what the secondary market price is. Maybe it's $20, maybe it's $40, either way, it had a "limited" release, and now it's over. I don't see a problem either way.

I like how LRG handled this. It's win-win-win for everybody. Collectors get a chance to snag a copy, scalpers get to gobble up the inventory the next day, and LRG secures funds for the next release.

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/744736851861381120

LRG has an upcoming title that has 10,000 PS4 copies and 5,000 PS Vita copies. Popular and with dedicated fans. Makes you wonder what it is. (Not Cosmic Star Heroine)
Are we sure it's an unreleased game like CSH and not already-released like Octodad?

I just looked through my digital Vita games, and while I have the best of the best games, I don't see a single one here that could be copies 5000 worth. If they did Axiom Verge, do we think that could be that high? Even though I'm sure that game sold really well, how many PS4 users would buy it again to have physical? I'm going to look through up coming digital releases and see if anything jumps out at me.

They say it's popular and has dedicated fans, so it must be an on going series right? So it can't be something like Cosmic Star right?

bread's done
Back