Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I've checked the email link a few times and never saw it in stock... how are people still able to order it this late? I just see an "Item unavailable. Want it?" button that doesn't nothing when I click it.
As far as I can tell they may have been slowly adding more into inventory. It seems to have sold out multiple times so that would be the only explanation for that.

While I have no doubt that was way over the line, but I also have no doubt you did a lot to rile that person up to that point. Most of the time when someone says "so and so said this or did that to me" then they likely didn't just ignore the other person from the get go, and instead egged them on and escalated things and then later when talking about to others played the babe in the woods.
I won't go into specifics but I will say this.

I did nothing to egg the kid on. What I do know is he blew things WAY the fuck out of proportion, and filed the report out of spite because he knew I called him on his bullshit. Like I said though, it all worked out in the end and it was no skin off my back. The kid has issues, MAJOR ones, and the sheer fact the Officer in charge of the report agreed with me says it all.

It has not come up for me either.  Hopefully soon, good luck to eveyone.  With the all the acclaim this title is getting. I'm surprised it did not get a full retail release like Shovel Knight or Abzu.

Pretty sweet that Firewatch became available to purchase four separate times.  I missed out on the LRG sale but then snagged a pair of copies from Campo Santos easily.  Good run size for that game. 

I wanted to pick it up, but I don't see how it's worth the 40 bucks. Ah well, I guess I'm not as hardcore as most people here. Not really worth it to me. For the LRG how much are they with shipping? I wanted to try and get Oxenfree but if it's gonna be that high in price, I don't see the worth of it and will just ignore it.

I wanted to pick it up, but I don't see how it's worth the 40 bucks. Ah well, I guess I'm not as hardcore as most people here. Not really worth it to me. For the LRG how much are they with shipping? I wanted to try and get Oxenfree but if it's gonna be that high in price, I don't see the worth of it and will just ignore it.
I believe it's $4 for one game or $5.50 flat rate for multiple copies.

Sorry, if this has already been brought up, but I haven't been on the board in a while.  Is Oxenfree still up this week or has it been bumped back?  The website still has the Lone Survivor listing up.  Also, is there any updates on the Skullgirls preorders?

Seems odd LE has 4800 of these and they are gone in 3 minutes while campos only suppose to have what 2500? Few hours in after selling a bunch yesterday and they aren't sold out yet. Starting to think the print run is higher than what they stated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems odd LE has 4800 of these and they are gone in 3 minutes while campos only suppose to have what 2500? Few hours in after selling a bunch yesterday and they aren't sold out yet. Starting to think the print run is higher than what they stated.
People (scalpers) aren't familiar with campo santo and likely don't even know they are selling them.

seems odd LE has 4800 of these and they are gone in 3 minutes while campos only suppose to have what 2500? Few hours in after selling a bunch yesterday and they aren't sold out yet. Starting to think the print run is higher than stated here.
As you stated, 4800 copies were already sold, so that's a large number of people that don't need to buy it.

It was mentioned on social media by LRG, but not advertised like a LRG release.

People (scalpers) aren't familiar with campo santo and likely don't even know they are selling them.
If there is money scalpers will know. The two per person means it would only take 1250 orders to sell it out. Considering these sell for 60 on ebay currently do you really think someone didn't manage to buy tons of copies under multiple addresses? Why I am slightly suspect here on the print run. I know campos isn't as known as LE, but if this sits for days there's no way it's 7300 only made. In fact yesterday I made two orders of one game each maybe 30 minutes apart (order number were 700 different. Factor in the order numbers go in sequence and an average of 1.5 games per order that's about 1000 sold in 30 minutes). The none y and y seals would also suggest a second print run.

If there is money scalpers will know. The two per person means it would only take 1250 orders to sell it out. Considering these sell for 60 on ebay currently do you really think someone didn't manage to buy tons of copies under multiple addresses? Why I am slightly suspect here on the print run. I know campos isn't as known as LE, but if this sits for days there's no way it's 7300 only made. In fact yesterday I made two orders of one game each maybe 30 minutes apart (order number were 700 different. Factor in the order numbers go in sequence and an average of 1.5 games per order that's about 1000 sold in 30 minutes). The none y and y seals would also suggest a second print run.
This is moronic speculation. If you'd been following this at all, you'd know why most of the games are heat shrink sealed. Moreover, you'd also know that there are lots of copies up for sale on Ebay from the LRG sale, the ones of which have sold haven't gone for that much above MSRP. This is just a case of supply closely fitting demand.

Looks like it is out of stock now. It does look like they managed to match supply with demand pretty well since it took around 3 or 4 hours to sell out.

Below is our actual order with Sony.

[attachment=25156:FirewatchOrder.png]

7,500 printed. 7,300 sold. 4,800 through us, 2,500 through Campo Santo. 200 copies split between us and the devs as promotional copies for backstock and employees/friends/family.

As with every game, the deeper we get into selling inventory, sales slow down as more people get what they want. We didn't advertise Campo Santo's sale anywhere outside of Twitter and Facebook. Our primary driver of sales is our newsletter with 30K subscribers. If anything, the length of time this was in stock via Campo Santo probably deterred resellers. Also, Campo Santo was aggressively canceling and banning people who were breaking limits so restocks were constantly coming. Resellers and scalpers were probably getting banned left and right as they had no code enforcement on their shop for the 2 per customer limit.

We're 100% honest about our print run sizes. My account manager at Sony's factory follows our newsletter. Being dishonest wouldn't slide and would put me in serious legal trouble.

Not a huge fan of these Limited Run Games, but I picked up a copy of Firewatch from Campo Santo. Looking forward to playing the digital version at some point.

So, apparently there are different types of sealed? One is better than the other?

I'm with the poster above, new is new!

This is moronic speculation. If you'd been following this at all, you'd know why most of the games are heat shrink sealed. Moreover, you'd also know that there are lots of copies up for sale on Ebay from the LRG sale, the ones of which have sold haven't gone for that much above MSRP. This is just a case of supply closely fitting demand.
How is it moronic to speculate and keep these companies honest? I've been buying these since Xeo by the way. The fact that there were two kinds of seals on these is what concerned me. As some were reporting y seal and others none. When in the past you'd have a release that was all one or the other. This might be due to different companies involved, but only the LE ones have been shipped. I trust LE, but campo is newer to this scene.

How is it moronic to speculate and keep these companies honest? I've been buying these since Xeo by the way. The fact that there were two kinds of seals on these is what concerned me. As some were reporting y seal and others none. When in the past you'd have a release that was all one or the other. This might be due to different companies involved, but only the LE ones have been shipped. I trust LE, but campos is newer to this scene.
He's a jerk, don't worry about him. Had to just block him myself.

How is it moronic to speculate and keep these companies honest? I've been buying these since Xeo by the way. The fact that there were two kinds of seals on these is what concerned me. As some were reporting y seal and others none. When in the past you'd have a release that was all one or the other. This might be due to different companies involved, but only the LE ones have been shipped. I trust LE, but campo is newer to this scene.
It's LRG, not LE like you keep posting.

Doomstink also reported the two different seals on social media before it ever went on sale, they didn't try to hide anything. They also posted about the 2500 count going to Campos.

Take off the tin foil hat.

Would love to see LRG get Phantasy Star portable 2 on a vita card or any of the older ones that could run on the vita.

I have been geeking to remake my mage.

He's a jerk, don't worry about him. Had to just block him myself.
Yes, you blocked me because you can't let go of the fact that Gravity Rush was only ever available new from Amazon and not Gamestop or Best Buy as you claimed. This whole post-truth thing is getting out of control.

LRG has never done anything to cause any of us to doubt their honesty. In fact, they have been more transparent than any video game publisher I can recall in 30+ years of being a gamer. As such, I think it's moronic to imply that LRG or their publishing partner Campo Santo on this one are intentionally misrepresenting the quantity manufactured. It's also moronic to make these claims about the seal variants when they were addressed by LRG multiple times since the initial release weeks ago.

Or just every reseller has LRG bookmarked now.

Or just every reseller has LRG bookmarked now.
Yep and most games they just waste their time breaking even at best after fees. While we get more and more damn it I missed it after 2 minute posts. Went for Oddworld over Firewatch that day on LRG and glad I did as very few managed to be fast enough to buy both titles in the madness. Got a second shot at Firewatch yesterday and really expected the same thing. Eventually it's going to become seconds or who's internet is faster to be able to buy any title from LRG if the trend continues.

Long shot but anyone have an extra NEW copy of Shadow Complex they would be willing to part with?  I figured maybe someone might have grabbed an extra or may not want their own personal copy.  I sadly missed out on it when it went live, and I also missed the sale when they put up more on their site.

Long shot but anyone have an extra NEW copy of Shadow Complex they would be willing to part with? I figured maybe someone might have grabbed an extra or may not want their own personal copy. I sadly missed out on it when it went live, and I also missed the sale when they put up more on their site.
Plenty of people here have copies they're willing to part with. They're all on ebay.

bread's done
Back