Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
those are some slick covers... im not sure if im more pumped for the vita, or disappointed im not gonna get the ps4 one....both are awesome

Only picked up the Vita versions. I see no point to double dip. :p Unless it was something like Skullgirls

Also in regards to Darius Burst only coming to PS4. LRG apparently forgot to ask about the Vita version of Darius since they thought it was off the table and they didn't want to push their luck. So they're asking about it and will let everyone know ASAP if they're down for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only picked up the Vita versions. I see no point to double dip. :p Unless it was something like Skullgirls

Also in regards to Darius Burst only coming to PS4. LRG apparently forgot to ask about the Vita version of Darius since they thought it was off the table and they didn't want to push their luck. So they're asking about it and will let everyone know ASAP if they're down for it.
As long as it doesn't go any higher than $40 for the Vita version, I'll be down for it.

I might consider the Vita version at $40, but not a penny more.

EDIT: For those of you who like trophies (like me), Forma.8 will have a platinum trophy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5815-forma8

So I'm in for a Vita version.

You know if they ask $50 for Darius Burst Vita y'all are going to buy it.

You know if they ask $50 for Darius Burst Vita y'all are going to buy it.
I was planning to Import it awhile ago, so $50-60 is what I think I would have paid then, so Yeah, I'm cool with it now for sure, especially for an actual English release.

I'm surprised no one had issues with The Swapper. I added both PS4 games to my cart at 10:00 and after the line queue it told me that Swapper was sold out. I went back to try and add it again and got the same result. This is the first time I've had an issue when trying right as soon as they go live. Will have to try again at 6.

Havent gamed all that much last few years slowly getting back into it. The Swapper seems like a good jump and I had missed this thread previously. So its 3pm eastern or 6pm eastern? they next wave goes live

Is it possible to buy both a Vita and PS4 copy of The Swapper in the same order? I noticed it said limit one per customer but wasn't sure if that meant per platform or per title.

Did anyone get a fraud charges on their credit card recently? I'm not trying to blame on LRG. That was the last place I used my card before I get big charges on Target and Walmart sites. Last I ordered was during the Oxenfree/Aqua Kitty. Everyone who used credit card to buy those should check their credit card. Luckily I checked my CC statement online.

In regards to forma.8, the devs name may be worthy of the title. I took a look at the announcement trailer and wasn't at all impressed. It actually looks a little boring. While simplistic games and their style can be great, I'm pretty much over playing them on my Vita. If I want to, there's mobile. I'll be passing on forma.8 too.

In regards to forma.8, the devs name may be worthy of the title. I took a look at the announcement trailer and wasn't at all impressed. It actually looks a little boring. While simplistic games and their style can be great, I'm pretty much over playing them on my Vita. If I want to, there's mobile. I'll be passing on forma.8 too.
Its getting harder and harder to keep buying PS+ or $1 flash sale type of experiences that will be a premium $25 to $30. Not saying you can't have fun with these but they def don't warrant the prices.There are a lot of indie games(not LRG) sold at retail that are around $20.

Whew, glad I was able to get them all this afternoon. I was there at 7:00 am and wasn't able to get any of them, which slightly surprised me. I wasn't expecting The Swapper and Curses N Chaos to be that popular.

Picked up the swapper for ps4. Not even sure why? Wasn't planning on it then noticed it was 5:58 and went...eh, why not...

they offlined the products before launch, apparently there was some exploit to put the games in your cart before they actually turned them on that ppl were exploiting
It's a glitch with Shopify that they can't fix, so they do this for the afternoon batches fairly often.

Basically, once they've opened it up to be added to the cart, people can still add it to the cart early for the next batch once they restock the remaining quantities.

So it's not a problem for the morning batch since the cart doesn't open up before then, but once it does, there's that exploit.

It's a glitch with Shopify that they can't fix, so they do this for the afternoon batches fairly often.

Basically, once they've opened it up to be added to the cart, people can still add it to the cart early for the next batch once they restock the remaining quantities.

So it's not a problem for the morning batch since the cart doesn't open up before then, but once it does, there's that exploit.
couldn't they just offline the morning batch and re-list the remaining items with a new item id?

Whooo, I'm glad I stopped by here. I almost forgot that this thing goes live at 4:00 PM my time zone. I was able to get in and get my order made for Curses N' Chaos for the PS4. Ended up getting both games for the PS4. I love my Vita, but there is something nice about the larger cases, and the art on the discs. And of course being guaranteed to have my game running on more powerful hardware at 1080p does figure into the equation. (while with the Vita it's always a toss-up if it will run on the PSTV)

The Vita complete collectors are quite welcome to the copies I would have otherwise acquired. As usual, any flippers looking to capitalize on scarcity can do something unspeakable to themselves.

For those who haven't played it, The Swapper is a great fucking game. I'd consider it in the must-play category, especially if you like puzzle games.

44 Limited Run #33: Curses 'N Chaos (Vita)
8 Limited Run #39: The Swapper (Vita)
102 Limited Run #34: Curses 'N Chaos (PS4)

I love Aqua Kitty and bought both versions when they went up, but I was really disappointed in Curses & Chaos, so I passed on those versions. The game just seems almost unplayable, I had hoped it would be a GnG style game, but it was far from that.

Obviously not every game that LRG produces is going to appeal to every gamer, and that's perfectly fine. I'll buy the games that appeal to me, like Soldner X2, Xeodrifter, Skullgirls, Shadow Compkex, and Aqua Kitty, and just pass on the rest.

Whooo, I'm glad I stopped by here. I almost forgot that this thing goes live at 4:00 PM my time zone. I was able to get in and get my order made for Curses N' Chaos for the PS4. Ended up getting both games for the PS4. I love my Vita, but there is something nice about the larger cases, and the art on the discs. And of course being guaranteed to have my game running on more powerful hardware at 1080p does figure into the equation. (while with the Vita it's always a toss-up if it will run on the PSTV)

The Vita complete collectors are quite welcome to the copies I would have otherwise acquired. As usual, any flippers looking to capitalize on scarcity can do something unspeakable to themselves.
The disc art is nice, yes. But as far as hardware goes, most of the games released hardly benefit from the extra horsepower. Most of the games hardly scratch the surface of what the Vita can do, actually... so for that reason I buy the Vita versions, leaving my PS4 for games that aren't available on the Vita or are noticeably better on the superior hardware, in the case of multi-platform releases.

Playing games like Aqua Kitty on my PS4 kind of feels like taking a Ferrari to an oval racetrack..

Weird that the Swapper PS4 sold out so much faster than th Vita - isn't it usually the other way around?
I think theres more allure to collect vita than ps4 personally, the system is slowly on it's way out so if you're committed to it now is the time to grab these games. I only got a Vita cuz of henkaku tbh, I got one so late into the life that I can't commit to start collecting for it

I like the cover art for Curses N' Chaos; it kinda reminds me of Hack/Slash. It's just not my kind of game, so I had to pass on it. But it was going to stay sealed anyway, so I don't know why I was deterred by the gameplay.

Does LRG even try to do that, I mean they already got their money
They just did it to someone about a week ago on some guy on eBay, and Josh even came in to let us know he put the smackdown on that guy, and canceled his orders on all his accounts.

The guy now has negative feedback from buyers, noting that the seller canceled because it was no longer in stock.

So yeah, they do indeed care. ;D

giphy.gif

Here's the specifics of that dickhead's auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games-Consoles/1249/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=chrisz300zx&_sac=1

Looks like he had two Swapper PS4s, 2 Curses & Chaos PS4s, 3 Swapper Vitas, 2 Curses & Chaos Vitas. He exceeded limits on more than one of those games, so Josh will likely talk with eBay about it.
He's got them for $47 and after eBay cut, PayPal cut, and Shipping/Packing costs, it's hardly worth the time. It's just silly to flip these immediately.

bread's done
Back