Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
YS is a highly anticipated game so best believe print runs will be low, PayPal orders will freeze up for many like the past 2 releases of highly anticipated games (WB and Night Trap) and Chris from eBay will have 4 copies of every game up for resell within minutes of release. This is starting to be the trend with LRG releases.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/898630408845185024

Ugh.  Anyone know the print count on  Asdivine Hearts is?

This is where it gets retarded.

Y's CE PS4

Y's CE PSV

Y's SE PS4 x2 default covers

Y's SE PSV x2 default covers

AH PS4

AH PSV

Too much shit to juggle in < 10 seconds.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/898630408845185024
so does that mean they are gonna print based on demand ; other wise I cant see how they can stop some from having to get it from different avenues based on the last few releases and what ive read in this thread and the other smaller release thread.

Ugh. Anyone know the print count on Asdivine Hearts is?

This is where it gets retarded.

Y's CE PS4

Y's CE PSV

Y's SE PS4 x2 default covers

Y's SE PSV x2 default covers

AH PS4

AH PSV

Too much shit to juggle in &lt; 10 seconds.
Don't forget the pre-order variant and I'm reading on the LRG forums that there may be a Ys Pax variant as well.

so does that mean they are gonna print based on demand ; other wise I cant see how they can stop some from having to get it from different avenues based on the last few releases and what ive read in this thread and the other smaller release thread.
Sort of. They are going to do the regular sale with the CE and standard editions on Friday and then do a second run of standard edition games with a different variant cover to be shipped later following a 24 hour open preorder period. So, you're probably not going to see much benefit if you're looking to get the CE or the regular cover on Friday, although maybe some scalping on the standard editions will be reduced...but probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the pre-order variant and I'm reading on the LRG forums that there may be a Ys Pax variant as well.
Of course Y's would be their PAX variant... milk that cow baby! That must be their last really big game for a while.

I didn't count the pre order since it will be open for 24 hrs and not critical to grab in the first 10 seconds. PAX variant wouldn't be up 8/24 either.

Sort of. They are going to do the regular sale with the CE and standard editions on Friday and then do a second run of standard edition games with a different variant cover to be shipped later following a 24 hour open preorder period. So, you're probably not going to see much benefit if you're looking to get the CE or the regular cover on Friday, although maybe some scalping on the standard editions will be reduced...but probably not.
So basically the first run will still be the "limited" just like now and the second run will be to fulfill demand but lilke you mention diff cover which for the hardcore collector might just add another game to get LOL unless they are going to ban anyone from buying in the first and second run of the same title; and I agree Scalpers will probably concentrate more on the CE if that becomes the case.

Of course Y's would be their PAX variant... milk that cow baby! That must be their last really big game for a while.

I didn't count the pre order since it will be open for 24 hrs and not critical to grab in the first 10 seconds. PAX variant wouldn't be up 8/24 either.
Sure, but it's a helpful tool to remind yourself that maybe you don't need to grab every possible variant of the same game on Friday as you're going down a road that is going to result in at least two more purchases in the near future.

Sure, but it's a helpful tool to remind yourself that maybe you don't need to grab every possible variant of the same game on Friday as you're going down a road that is going to result in at least two more purchases in the near future.
Maybe. I've backed off on a few generic releases but JRPGs have been my thing since Final Fantasy II on SNES.

Y's is probably LRG's last big major title for a while and they know it I'm guessing. So pushing hard with the variants. Can you imagine if they were allowed to do Switch too? Good god.

The variant and reversible cover thing needs to seriously stop. It's just creating logistics nightmares for both shoppers and cutting into the print counts with people wanting all of them to double and triple dip, needing to do bundles, causing people to delay checking out for a few seconds and losing items, etc. Do we really need to turn one release into 6+ purchases with how many games LRG supposedly has lined up?

If you want all three Friday and want the CE you need 3 copies because they can't really make an effort to get you both default covers with the sealed CE.

Even reversible cover is fine but what is wrong with getting them ordered all with the same default outward facing side?

Mind you I'm not even complaining about cost or separate shipping or anything, just that it's too many tabs to refresh and add to care before the CE sells out. Will anticipate doing AH on a separate order immediately after but watch that be like 1200 qty or something dumb too.

Conflicting games with so many platforms and variant combinations like this shouldn't go up at the same time or one of them should be delayed by a minute.

Maybe. I've backed off on a few generic releases but JRPGs have been my thing since Final Fantasy II on SNES.

Y's is probably LRG's last big major title for a while and they know it I'm guessing. So pushing hard with the variants. Can you imagine if they were allowed to do Switch too? Good god.

The variant and reversible cover thing needs to seriously stop. It's just creating logistics nightmares for both shoppers and cutting into the print counts with people wanting all of them to double and triple dip, needing to do bundles, causing people to delay checking out for a few seconds and losing items, etc. Do we really need to turn one release into 6+ purchases with how many games LRG supposedly has lined up?

If you want all three Friday and want the CE you need 3 copies because they can't really make an effort to get you both default covers with the sealed CE.

Even reversible cover is fine but what is wrong with getting them ordered all with the same default outward facing side?

Mind you I'm not even complaining about cost or separate shipping or anything, just that it's too many tabs to refresh and add to care before the CE sells out. Will anticipate doing AH on a separate order immediately after but watch that be like 1200 qty or something dumb too.

Conflicting games with so many platforms and variant combinations like this shouldn't go up at the same time or one of them should be delayed by a minute.
Again, you don't need to buy every variant. Nobody does. You're just not going to get much sympathy here because you're talking about a compulsion and not something most people, even most collectors, would do.

But first world problems are problems too!
Lol, I get your point, though. If they're going to sell two different versions of a game, they should probably let the people who want both of them buy both of them. Which makes them set limits of 2 per person instead of 1, which makes games sell out faster, which causes consternation all around, which makes their jobs harder.

Lol, I get your point, though. If they're going to sell two different versions of a game, they should probably let the people who want both of them buy both of them. Which makes them set limits of 2 per person instead of 1, which makes games sell out faster, which causes consternation all around, which makes their jobs harder.
To be fair they said last time less than 400 orders were for a CE and 2 SEs out of 8000 copies combined but its still nerve wrekcing for those ~200 completion.

Think repeat of WB or NT checkout craziness but now have to add Vita CE and SE to your cart also!

Just wondering, I assume it's pretty much impossible to pre-order a copy of Wonder Boy or Night Trap?
Both of those games are sold out, and won't be back. Well, Night Trap may see a Vita release, but unless the developers of those titles decides to do another run, Ebay is your best bet.

To be fair they said last time less than 400 orders were for a CE and 2 SEs out of 8000 copies combined but its still nerve wrekcing for those ~200 completion.
Wouldn't ~400 orders with 3 games each be 1200 games out of the 8000 total combined? That's a pretty solid chunk of the inventory.

I'm interested in how the variant preorder cover looks like. Hopefully we get a picture or a description of what it will look like before Friday.

I'm starting to realize how daunting YsO is going to be... 2 platforms and 2 versions on each platform with the standard having 2 variant covers. 

Got my wonder boy. Manual is so nice.

Funny thing is I don't even collect manuals for my retro stuff. I don't think about them and I almost roll my eyes when I hear people complain about the lack of them. But when I get one I definitely enjoy it.

Got my wonder boy. Manual is so nice.

Funny thing is I don't even collect manuals for my retro stuff. I don't think about them and I almost roll my eyes when I hear people complain about the lack of them. But when I get one I definitely enjoy it.
The manuals going in to extinction is for sure probably my most missed feature from the days of old. A lot of manuals where after thoughts back then, and most where pretty crappy and black/white to boot. But when they where done nice, they where a HUGE treat to say the least. I think I still have my 8-bit Zelda manual around here some place, as that was one of the best from the time and showed what a great manual could be.

Where Atari really showed what box art could and should be back in the day, there where a few developers that added value with proper manuals. Now, I think I have only opened one digital manual, and that was just so I could see how it worked, as it's so not the same :-({|=

That really sucks... :(
Sadly, a great portion of all the post in this thread from the last several weeks are in regards to those 2 releases, and the shit storm that happened because of them. It did help in a small way I suppose, as LRG is re-thinking their strategy for next weeks new big release because of it.

Later on they'll be selling off their reserve stock (the ones they keep for replacements). You'll have to wait till then to have a shot
Will that happen at a random time? If so then it would be extremely unlikely that anyone waiting for that to get it, unless LRG notifies people through e-mail or something.

I remember Firewatch getting some sort of re-release through the developer. Is that unlikely for these?

Will that happen at a random time? If so then it would be extremely unlikely that anyone waiting for that to get it, unless LRG notifies people through e-mail or something.

I remember Firewatch getting some sort of re-release through the developer. Is that unlikely for these?
Well, they haven't been around to long yet, but last year, they where all offered on BF, which was a mad hose to say the least. If and when they offer cancelled double orders, and stuff of that nature, they will post someplace before hand, but just last week they did this, and only gave an hour window, so you had to sit there F5ing the whole time.

I believe they went live at about 26 minutes after the hour, but for those at work, or not someplace where sitting around is a good idea, most lost out. And the qty's where small as well, as it was just cancelled orders.

i got my lone wonderboy in a bubble envelope cause i ordered that separately from the other CE. not surprisingly, i got a loose disc. i tried doing the popping in trick but i couldnt do it because there is a booklet. i did the other past loose disc trick fine though. i'll just have to deal with it. lol

i got my lone wonderboy in a bubble envelope cause i ordered that separately from the other CE. not surprisingly, i got a loose disc. i tried doing the popping in trick but i couldnt do it because there is a booklet. i did the other past loose disc trick fine though. i'll just have to deal with it. lol
Try this, this vid was made by a CAG (who's name I can't recall) and I find it better than the pressing methods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6W-ENU1dNg

I used this method to fix some PS4 Signature Edition Games Collectors Edition loose discs and also on a FFXII Steelbook Edition. It takes a few tries- just make sure you're doing it on low profile carpet (anything too lush/soft won't work- a towel on hardwood also works).

EDIT* just in case it's not clear from the vid, you still need to shake the case until the disc is on top of the holder... don't just drop the case with the disc not in place first.

Try this, this vid was made by a CAG (who's name I can't recall) and I find it better than the pressing methods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6W-ENU1dNg

I used this method to fix some PS4 Signature Edition Games Collectors Edition loose discs and also on a FFXII Steelbook Edition. It takes a few tries- just make sure you're doing it on low profile carpet (anything too lush/soft won't work- a towel on hardwood also works).

EDIT* just in case it's not clear from the vid, you still need to shake the case until the disc is on top of the holder... don't just drop the case with the disc not in place first.
i know how its done. i did it to all my LRG ps4 games from the bubble envelopes and a couple from newegg and bestbuy. this one is harder because of the booklet in the case.

Limited anything makes me feel like i'm drowning. The Ys release is how I found out about Limited Run Games so I hope to god I can pick up a CE. Whether I have to buy on ebay or not i'm getting that release.

Firewatch was not a re-release. It was stock allocated to sell on the developer's website

yeah the developer firewatch copies are the same as the LRG ones, neither of mine have the regular wrapping tho :(

God damn it's getting hard to follow this thread for information these days there's so much arguing. Easily the most toxic thread on the entire site.
yea god damn. I passed on N+++ but was able to get in on the evening batch for Peepee I mean lili. did they remove the ticket redemption page? I can't seem to locate it.

yeah the developer firewatch copies are the same as the LRG ones, neither of mine have the regular wrapping tho :(
I don't think I remember seeing anyone get a y-fold copy of Firewatch... I bought a copy from LRG and one from Campo Santo and both were heat-shrinks.

I don't think I remember seeing anyone get a y-fold copy of Firewatch... I bought a copy from LRG and one from Campo Santo and both were heat-shrinks.
I own two which were gotten through LRG(y fold).

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Firewatch was not a re-release. It was stock allocated to sell on the developer's website
I hope the developer looks to someone to help it reprint firewatch - missed it because I didn't know about the physical releases. And no, I don't buy from scalpers; nothing in the VG industry to me is worth over MSRP.

bread's done
Back